Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]
Nov 2, 2017 5:53 PM

Mar 2012
That shooting star move to get the headband was the one of the more impressive cop outs i'm seen in an anime this year, least it was done in a largely meaningless arc.

"To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment"
Nov 17, 2017 1:42 PM

May 2013
lol after All Might said Deku needs to fix his crybaby habits smh X)

That mama geyser too lmfao

I like Crow Boy. He reminds me of Neji from Naruto lulz. I guess it's the similar voice acting and cool personality :}
Nov 17, 2017 3:52 PM

Sep 2013
I wish they wouldn't spend so much time doing recaps at the beginning of each episode.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
Dec 27, 2017 6:40 PM

Jul 2013
Such an awesome episode. So the cavalry battle reached his peak. Midoriya was able to dodge for so long against Todorokis team but Iida a really crazy ability. He never used it before so the surprise factor was high.

Bakugo went absolute ham on that blonde guy from class B who was provoking him so much xD
Class B also has some interesting people with interesting abilities. I wonder how that Shinsou guy got all the points at the end?

Damn when Midoriya tried to get his points back from Todoroki was cool. He persuade him to use his left und managed to get a ribbon back. Sad that it wasn't the one with 10 million points. And at first it really seemed that they were out. I was so relieved when Tokoyami showed the ribbon he catched from Todoroki.

Doesn't seem like Endeavor has a good realtionship to All Might. Maybe we get an conversation. At the same time it seems like Todoroki has something to talk about with Midoriya.

Jan 13, 2018 1:52 AM

Jul 2017
I'm kind of surprised at myself because I really am rooting for Deku here. To the point of screaming in frustration when he realized it was the wrong band.

I don't even know how many years have passed since a shounen anime managed to rise my heartbeat at every episode. This is awesome.
May 15, 2018 10:54 AM
Aug 2014
Why you only go for one headband Deku?
Sep 2, 2018 8:58 PM

Jun 2011
Two things that needs to happen with these characters:

Somebody knock some sense into Katsuki!

Midoriya, chill on the crying. That was the most exaggerated ocular gushers I've ever seen from a cartoon character. Doesn't help that this guy's ocular gushers are weird.
Numbuh 3, you've got to get off the couch, you cannot sit in that tree house, girl you like Rainbow Monkeys so grab your little shit and then swing!

Hand tracks be tracking me to different doorways. In a maze, and I don't know what to do. Guaranteed though, Ima find the emeralds.
Oct 22, 2018 3:55 AM

Apr 2013
Tokoyami is pretty aweseome for snatching away another headband at that time. Though I would have enjoyed Midoriya ending up in first place, he would've deserved it. If only he had a bit more confidence in himself and wouldn't get intimated by people like Todoroki.
The tournament system seems heavily flawed though, even though 16 people are advancing now? That doesn't really say that they are the best.
Jan 27, 2019 8:51 AM

May 2016
Just like the first episode, I loved the team dynamics used throughout the round but this one ended up being even better. Monoma's Copy Quirk very interesting with the one weakness not being a weakness at all because he can just use a different Quirk in an instant just as long as they don't know about his ability so he can approach to touch them by surprise. Targetting Bakugo and catching his ire was a fatal mistake though because he'd never get off his case after all that taunting.

Deku tried to defend his 10M advantage but Iida unveiling his ultimate technique to the world caught him off guard and made it a tad too late to fully recover from that loss but his final passion-fueled charge gave Tokoyami the opening to snatch a victory from the jaws of defeat, surprising Deku so much to the point of crying geysers. His mom's other technique must've been just that.

Midoriya using One For All against Todoroki struck fear into him and made him use his Hot side which mentally shook him and made him turn against everything he fought for.

Feb 10, 2019 7:46 AM
Aug 2018
That is a good contender for the longest "minute" I've ever seen in anime.
Mar 24, 2019 9:06 AM

Mar 2018
My man Tokoyami comes up clutch!Nothing less from a character who is voiced by Yoshimasa.
Νεχ ποσσυμ τεχυμ ωιωερε, νεχ σινε τε.
May 17, 2019 1:08 AM

Jun 2013
WHAT AN INTENSE EPISODE!

This scene is so powerful!

Kacchan is provoked by Neito. LOL @ Kacchan's reaction. HAHAHAHA. XD

Kacchan goes mad and successfully takes the headband from Neito's team. Nice one, Kacchan!

LOL @ Deku's crying scene wherein Fumikage reveals that his Dark Shadow gets a headband from Shoto's team - thanks to Deku's attack. Deku's cry is so huge - it's like a fountain. Dark Shadow is the MVP here!

Deku's mom also cries like him. HAHAHAHA. XD

The OST is impressive - as always.
Jun 8, 2019 10:20 PM
Apr 2019
That Calvary Battle was such a cock block 100%

How they going to be showing Deku, Todo, and Bakugo for one final face off ( second time actually ) and yell "times up" they made me so angry in a good way because I totally wanted something to happen for what was just about to happen, so angry at that! :p

This episode and the race episode get huge 10s from me, lets just hope they keep up this awesome pace.
Jul 26, 2019 2:44 AM

Dec 2013
Damn it, I really shouted out loud when Todoroki got Deku's headband, I thought everything is over. Whew. Iida did well, unexpected attack tho! I thought that Class B Copy guy will be included in top four. Whew.

★━━─
𝘏𝘰𝘸 𝘤𝘢𝘯 𝘐 𝘣𝘳𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘱𝘦𝘢𝘤𝘦 𝘵𝘰 𝘮𝘺 𝘩𝘦𝘢𝘳𝘵?
𝘞𝘩𝘦𝘯 𝘐 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘬 𝘢𝘣𝘰𝘶𝘵 𝘪𝘵 𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘺 𝘥𝘢𝘺?

Dec 2, 2019 7:38 PM

Feb 2008
He wouldn't have needed to worry so much if he hadn't tried to settle for only taking one.
Feb 7, 2020 9:37 PM

Feb 2017
So Monoma is the Rubick of MHA.

May 26, 2020 2:04 PM

Mar 2019
AHHHH so good!!!!Damn the finale.All Might wants to stop Endeavour.
Come on man,where is that Noragami season 3 masterpiece.We want it, Bones!

Jun 18, 2020 1:20 PM

May 2015
Uraraka is such a perfect fit for Deku. Her full support of him is sooo cute.

That part towards the end with the dark shadow revealing the band was nice.
Yuritopia FTW!!!!!!!!! BANZAI TO YURI !!!!!!!!!!!!
Aug 12, 2020 12:38 PM
Aug 2020
todoroki is just AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
Nov 22, 2020 12:52 PM
Sep 2020
Kinda expected that midoriyas team would win but this was fair
Feb 23, 2021 12:03 PM

Oct 2020
That was amazing. I liked how things went. It was of course Izukus strategy and his choosing the right people. I am happy that they made it. Thanks to Tokoyami they made it. He was the most useful person here. And it was also amazing that Bakugo use his brains with his brawl. He Monoma that why he shouldn't had provoked him. However I liked Monoma's quirk. I am glad that they kept this amazing quirk in the series. Wish to see it again.
May 2, 2021 12:00 AM

Jun 2020
I was literally gasping & screaming!!!!! HOW EPIC

Kacchan is cracking me up!!! Kirishima knows him best ;)

but i’ll probably remember over and over again
you were there and everyone else was there
— the day we all searched for just one thing

May 16, 2021 11:58 PM

Feb 2021
Todoroki did great. He was able to use quirk to good use. Never thought of Iida having a secret trick like that. Well Tokoyami saved his team using dark shadow. Bakugo with his brute power too XD. Well Todoroki's dad Endeavour looks hella intimidating!
◑ ━━━━━ ▣ ━━━━━ ◐
"Everything I've witnessed... This whole system you have built has always rejected me. Now I'm ready to reject it. That's why I destroy. That's why I took this power for myself. Simple enough, yeah? I don't care if you don't understand... That's what makes us... Heroes and Villains."
◑ ━━━━━ ▣ ━━━━━ ◐
Aug 18, 2021 3:34 AM

Aug 2020
Why did he only go for one headband? He could have just snatched them all.

Also, don't forget to watch the end credits.
MaxiDennisAug 18, 2021 3:39 AM

DO NOT Cʟɪᴄᴋ Tʜᴇ Lɪɴᴋ Bᴇʟᴏᴡ:
👉 ʜᴛᴘs://ᴍʏᴀɴɪᴍᴇʟɪsᴛ.ɴᴇᴛ/ᴅᴏ-ɴᴏᴛ-ᴄʟɪᴄᴋ-ᴛʜɪᴤ-ʟɪɴᴋ 👈

Sep 23, 2021 9:38 PM

Apr 2021
All 3 of the Boys clashing each other until the very last second
Man I love this show...The same intensity I felt while watching shows like Aot or Demon slayer
The excitement I felt during the final Moments of the match was crazy!!!
So far Each and every episode I watch it just keeps getting better and better ^V^
Oct 26, 2021 5:56 PM

Jan 2021
I love how Mei was more preoccupied by her babies than about passing the round
Jan 6, 2022 1:21 AM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
Deku's crying scene that propelled him into the ground was the best thing ever

Hopefully it's not just for this tournament arc but so far this season is leagues better than the first. For one bakugo is an actually cool character now, and todoroki now gets his screen time which he lacked in season 1. It's still nowhere near amazing, but it's a genuinely good time.

NYANPASU
5700XT

Jul 12, 2022 9:41 PM

Jun 2014
Thank goodness for Tokoyami. He's really something.

It may not be first place, but it was good enough for Deku's team to move on.

Dec 31, 2022 10:50 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Kekw, that last second times up sure crack me up. Todoroki being forced to use his fire arm and Deku even manage to challenge it nicely was kind be the beginning of their long talk next. Perhaps its also related to the long and kinda bad relations between All Might and Todoroki father. Tho, its weird how Deku's mother same 'water fountain' cry being importantly captured there. But yeah, beside that, 5 episode well spent on my first batch of binge watch...
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Jul 27, 2023 9:40 PM
Aug 2018
I can't believe Midoriya actually lost! But it's not over yet! His push to win landed his teammates with some points, letting team Midoriya continue to compete!
Aug 9, 2023 4:45 PM

Dec 2022
Very good episode
Oct 3, 2023 7:37 PM

Jul 2016
Reply to Maelstrom184
I wish they wouldn't spend so much time doing recaps at the beginning of each episode.
@Maelstrom184

The one piece phenomena
Dec 15, 2023 1:51 AM
Jul 2018
Gahhdamn, I wonder what are the counters for Todoroki's powerful abilities
Feb 12, 12:27 AM

Jul 2008
Tokoyami for the win.
WolfWood37Feb 12, 12:42 AM
Apr 14, 6:54 PM

Mar 2022
And we have reached the grand finale for the Calvary battle and man there was so much teamwork for Todoroki’s team and Bakugo was going full hog with his rage he completely took away all of Momoma’s headbands and just left him in the dust. Looks like Tokoyami’s quirk while it’s very strong and cool, the drawback to it is that the shadows are weak during the daylight but massively more effective at nighttime which puts him at a massive disadvantage but damn he did surprise me when he took one of the headbands from Todoroki’s team when it really looked like Deku’s team wasn’t gonna make it to the finals. We even got to see Todoroki use the other side of his quirk. If not briefly there.

So far this tournament has been really exciting to watch, very fast paced and very engaging is the vibe I’m getting here. And Deku is having a conversation with Todoroki next episode same goes for All Might and Endeavour. Wonder what they’ll discuss. Non stop awesomeness for this episode right here.
Jun 1, 6:35 PM
Jul 2023
Tokoyami W
- Mostly the same as last episode
- Whoa, Tenya’s secret ability is pretty cool, the blonde guy too! Stealing quirks is sick
- Tokoyami came in clutch haha
Jun 9, 4:56 PM
Apr 2023
One of the lesser episodes so far but still really fun. That copy guy’s quirk is cool but he is really annoying. The action was sick tho with Tokoyami being the MVP, Iida’s secret move and the tension of the 10 million points.
Jun 22, 11:23 AM
Apr 2024
Masterpieceee !!!!
Aug 23, 6:43 PM

Jul 2017
I enjoyed seeing the end of this contest; I think having higher tension made it better. I'm interested in what will happen now with the lower amount of contestants. Will the whole season be the sports festival?
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 2nd Season Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 30, 2017

297 by satyrelfheim »»
Yesterday, 7:26 AM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 2nd Season Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

animefan8800 - Sep 23, 2017

250 by satyrelfheim »»
Yesterday, 7:17 AM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 2nd Season Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 16, 2017

181 by satyrelfheim »»
Yesterday, 7:15 AM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 2nd Season Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 9, 2017

189 by satyrelfheim »»
Yesterday, 7:12 AM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 2nd Season Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 2, 2017

165 by satyrelfheim »»
Yesterday, 7:10 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.