Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 22, 2017 7:25 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
This robot is awesome

It was interesting to see a little bit of world building in this show. For what's worth, I think this series continues to expand its science expenditures.
Apr 22, 2017 7:26 AM

Nov 2015
That robot looks scary af, and him looking at the swimsuits girls was rather creepy.

And I was glad that girl was saved.

Apr 22, 2017 11:16 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Another nice episode!!
A robot to "stolen" or kill a other robot, althoug first try to kill the young girl :/ But Atom (Six) protect her, and he shows that he has consciousness!!!!

F14? Not the aeroplane name, is the name of the cat, February 14th!!! kekeke interesting name ;)
RanxomareApr 22, 2017 11:32 AM
Apr 22, 2017 1:31 PM

Feb 2016
Boy the nostalgia impact on this anime is real. Tenma and Ochanomizu has a good chemistry, I wonder where did it go on Astroboy (haven't watched anything else rather than 2003 version and the movie)
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
Apr 22, 2017 7:15 PM

Jun 2013
I am very pleasently surprised with how good this is so far! :)
Apr 23, 2017 12:04 AM
Jan 2017
very interesting ep. I hooked with it, and i am waiting for the next ep. all of all, this anime is promising.
Apr 23, 2017 12:26 AM

Dec 2014
Great episode, this has been really good so far.

Interesting research pursuit with the whole ego-consciousness. I'm gonna have to kinda agree with what Umataro said about the development in AI. It's more often about having the AI react to as many different scenarios as possible rather than build an AI that can improvise and adapt on the fly. That being said, the latter is definitely much harder to build. We're probably still ways off from achieving true sentience in machines.
Too bad all the other people at the presentation brushed it off as nothing. :(

I loved how Six saved Ran from the other robot, the best part was when Six assessed his surroundings to analyse situation and tell Ran to stay put and that he would protect her.
The final part is very bittersweet, with our duo looking at the wreckage and deciding to reset Six's memory. Six is a true hero. :(
Apr 23, 2017 12:48 AM

Apr 2017
Imitating... Moves... and Along with his Rapid Movement..

Atom sure can pack with a Knuckle Fist...

Am I the only one getting Vibes of Real Steel... Because of both Mecha fights.. Demolishing each other as they clash.. and never been this... awesome...!! For Sure

"Think about that glowing dust
That destroys the night sky's dream of
Just being nothing"
----
Apr 23, 2017 2:32 AM

Aug 2013
It was nice to see Six saving Ran. Too bad they decided to wipe out his memory.

Apr 23, 2017 3:48 AM

May 2012
RnDNEET021 said:
Imitating... Moves... and Along with his Rapid Movement..

Atom sure can pack with a Knuckle Fist...

Am I the only one getting Vibes of Real Steel... Because of both Mecha fights.. Demolishing each other as they clash.. and never been this... awesome...!! For Sure

Hahahah. Yeah! Definitely got the Real Steel vibe because of the mecha tournaments in the OP. And I am sooo looking forward to it!
Apr 23, 2017 7:23 AM

Sep 2013
i'm starting to love this anime,the concept,the animation,the chara design,the characters(six is dope).

my probable favourite anime of this season if it continue like that.
Deep dark fantasies
Apr 23, 2017 9:12 AM

Feb 2014
Its kind of disappointing how few people are watching this given the quality start.
Apr 23, 2017 9:30 AM

Aug 2014
Fuck you imouto, Six saved your ass and you couldn't speak up to stop him from getting memory-wiped??
Sieg Zeon!
Apr 23, 2017 10:31 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
I feel like even though that one girl is going after Hiroshi, she's gonna end up falling for Umataro lol

Other than that, I thoroughly enjoyed watching Umataro own everyone at the conference thing and how enthusiastic he and Hiroshi's presentation was over the future of autonomy

And lastly, all of the stuff with Ran (I'm starting to really like her) and Six and especially that fight scene. was freaking awesome
Apr 23, 2017 11:14 AM

Mar 2017
Welp, I pretty much dislike every character besides the two members of lab 7, but I'm looking forward to seeing how they develop the characters, and most likely make me fall for most of them. Loving A106's development as a character though, can't wait to see if he becomes more talkative in the future.
Kitsu - Waifu:Lilly Satou
Insert Useless Text Here
Are you a female, speak a language outside of english, and have a lot of built up anger? Then why not send me a hurtful message full of your burning hate for my existence. Leaving an english translation is optional, all hate is appreciated.
Apr 23, 2017 12:47 PM

Oct 2012
So far this series has been exceptional for me, I'm loving the chemistry between the characters, and Six is so cool!

The topic of ego-consciousness was interesting, and it's definitely true that the majority of AI work in that field are more reliant upon multiple scenario simulations and delegated actions for those events. Looks like they caught the eye of the oddball with lots of authority so that's probably good for them.

I'd guess that robot that attacked Ran was the one that Six fights at the end of the OP, considering the shape and the person giving it orders, though I feel that she's going to use data on Six to improve her own robot.

So far really enjoying this series, can't wait for next ep!
"If I don't have to do it, I won't. If I have to do it, I'll make it quick."
- Oreki Houtarou
Apr 23, 2017 12:51 PM

Dec 2014
So they are going to wipe six's memory because Ran couldn't open her mouth..damn sister, that's some way to thank it.
Apr 23, 2017 9:01 PM
Nov 2015
This show is really good, didn't go in with expectations, just watched ep 1 after ANN reviewed it, but the art, the animation and the development of the characters is really solid. I also like that the hot chick is chasing the Nose guy, so wonderful!
Apr 23, 2017 11:34 PM
Oct 2011
Loving this show so far. The characters, animation, good stuff.

Stark700 said:
This robot is awesome

So awesome!

Also the OP is damned catchy and the animation for it is great.

Anathor said:
So they are going to wipe six's memory because Ran couldn't open her mouth..damn sister, that's some way to thank it.

This.
Apr 23, 2017 11:40 PM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Turtles_Hunter said:
Ranxomare said:
A robot to "stolen" or kill a other robot, althoug first try to kill the young girl :/ But Atom (Six) protect her, and he shows that he has consciousness!!!!
I strongly doubt Six is Atom. Atom is created a lot later.

They may seem to take some liberties, but I doubt they would change Atom origin story.

Also, I'm very surprise to see Saruta from Phoenix here. That surprised me.

Yes, you are in truth!!
Possibly Six will be the base of Atom, and others consciece future robots!! Or in the last episode will be destroy and his neuronal chip translated to Atom!! Or dissapear, and Tenma recupered years later in a future!! Buy i hope, this little change in the plot and Six will be Atom finally, because is the conscience born!
But in summary you is right, this is not Atom, is Six ;) Sorry for the mistake!! :)
Apr 24, 2017 12:24 AM

Oct 2008
Nice 2nd episode!
Six is really getting a will of its own. And it also defended that 2nd yr highchool little girl.
Looks like many 3rd party groups are already interested with Lab 7 works...
Why is the MAL character page information not complete??!?
4/5.

Apr 24, 2017 9:58 AM

Oct 2013
Really happy with the anime, we need these kind of anime now and then, screw those having a problem with ochanomizu's nose, it's an important part of him and he'll live to be a great person.
Apr 24, 2017 1:03 PM

Mar 2016
I really liked this episode it had a nice balance of action and character/world building plus there is some suspense building around the "bad guy" chick in pink! I really liked the fluid action animation and I really enjoy the character dynamic between those two big nosed dorks! I think this anime might just be the surprise hit of the season! I hope they keep going strong next week
I shall rule over the realms of anime and manga! Mwahhahahahaha!!!
Apr 24, 2017 6:05 PM
Mar 2011
That was a really nice episode!
Can't wait for next week, and wtf is that robot lol
Apr 25, 2017 2:09 AM

Jan 2015
Quite a good episode. Dark horse of the season?
Apr 25, 2017 10:06 AM

Nov 2010
This is fucking stupid all around.

- Their robot is already amazing and they'd never have to worry about funding while working on it, let alone being considered the black sheep of the university.

- The woman giving orders to that robot was seriously trying to splatter a young girl's brains all over the floor just to observe Six's reactions; that goes beyond normal evil and well into comically evil.

- Then, the girl who was almost beheaded and crushed moments ago -she should still be in shock- simply walks away calmly, without telling her brother what just happened, and doesn't care about them erasing the robot's memory even though she calls him her hero.
Apr 26, 2017 8:44 AM

Jul 2015
I like this really much.
Six is really cool. The fight scene is fluid thou.
Tenma and Ochamizu presentation XD.
And yeah I really want to know why they always reset Six, maybe to avoid memory dump??

Btw a 5/5 episode
Apr 26, 2017 10:15 AM

Jul 2016
Gersen said:
This is fucking stupid all around.

- Their robot is already amazing and they'd never have to worry about funding while working on it, let alone being considered the black sheep of the university.

- The woman giving orders to that robot was seriously trying to splatter a young girl's brains all over the floor just to observe Six's reactions; that goes beyond normal evil and well into comically evil.

- Then, the girl who was almost beheaded and crushed moments ago -she should still be in shock- simply walks away calmly, without telling her brother what just happened, and doesn't care about them erasing the robot's memory even though she calls him her hero.

I think you are trying to hard.

it is Astroboy universe for fucks sake. Just enjoy the ride.
Apr 27, 2017 11:38 PM

Oct 2011
Great episode. That presentation was informative. Six memory wipe nooo
Apr 29, 2017 12:38 AM

Sep 2015
eXtacy67 said:
Its kind of disappointing how few people are watching this given the quality start.

I can sort of understand why almost no one following the series. What I can't is the relatively low ratings compared to worse but higher rated shows.

Vindicater said:
I think you are trying to hard.

it is Astroboy universe for fucks sake. Just enjoy the ride.

You are talking to someone who gave 3/10 or less to Space Dandy, Konosuba, and Bakemonogatari, while 8/10 or above to Akiba's Trip, Valkyrie Drive and Koihime Masou. He is complaining about writing, but if you compare these series' writing, it kind of discredits him.
Apr 29, 2017 5:56 AM

Jun 2014
Of course people aren't watching the good shows from a new season. Great episode, love the ED. The writing can be sort of questionable though. Why not tell her brother what happened, that's fucking stupid.
alpha_shadowApr 29, 2017 6:07 AM
:3
Apr 29, 2017 2:17 PM

Jan 2013
Dat Motoko is a fine piece of tail. Same for Ran.
And I also care about the two guys too, that's rare.
A106 looks like a prototype of the 2003 version of Atlas.

alpha_shadow said:
Of course people aren't watching the good shows from a new season. Great episode, love the ED. The writing can be sort of questionable though. Why not tell her brother what happened, that's fucking stupid.

I bet this being behind two paywalls (amazon prime and anime strike) may be one reason. There would be a few more week later viewers if this were on crunchyroll.
Other being newer anime fans give no fucks about astro boy (which is why they don't Yarr! it)
Jul 21, 2017 11:02 AM

May 2012
Quite interesting development! Looking forward to see what's next.
Mar 24, 2020 5:24 PM
Jul 2018
This blonde lady responsible for this chaotic spectacle of a robot fight was most likely trying to ascertain Six's inner machinery workings and the possible existence of a heart. That's the only explanation I can think of that would make her go out of her way to target an innocent girl like Ran.

Ah, I am not surprised the briefing ended up badly for both Tenma and long nose. Only Saruta, whom I recall made an appearance in the 2003 version, seems to be interested in their ideas and the underlying potential it may bring.

I do have to say that since Saruta appeared in the 2003 remake, does this mean this series serves as the prequel to it? Or a prequel to the Astro Boy universe in general?

More topics from this board

Poll: » Atom: The Beginning Episode 12 Discussion

Stark700 - Jul 8, 2017

32 by Vindicater »»
Feb 21, 2022 1:12 AM

Poll: » Atom: The Beginning Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Jul 1, 2017

32 by Vindicater »»
Feb 17, 2022 2:45 AM

Poll: » Atom: The Beginning Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 24, 2017

17 by Vindicater »»
Feb 11, 2022 4:57 AM

Poll: » Atom: The Beginning Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 17, 2017

13 by Vindicater »»
Feb 9, 2022 3:44 AM

Poll: » Atom: The Beginning Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 10, 2017

22 by Vindicater »»
Feb 4, 2022 6:48 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.