Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Dec 23, 2016 7:08 PM
Bunnies πŸ“

Jan 2013
Yae what are you saying lol
Chitose is dumb but not that kind of dumb, an innocent dumbness. xD
That was a pretty funny scene and quite cute because Yae tried to explain to the group. She's right, Chitose is pretty dumb, if she would actually put 100% effort and change her personality, then she's be doing better but then again we wouldn't have our Chitose if she changed her personality. I much prefer this carefree Chitose, but that ending seems promising. Looks like she's ready to dazzle her fans with her awesomeness.

I've actually liked the frequent places the show has show like the late night swings where the girls are having a conversation.

Dec 24, 2016 8:34 AM
Mar 2012
animefan8800 said:
PaleBlue said:

I thought the message was more that what you think are faults can actually turn out to be strengths in the right situation. There is one fault that she seems determined to overcome: Her laziness. She did say she was going to work harder at the end.

Perhaps you're right. That's certainly a more positive interpretation anyway. XD

Dialogues were amazing this ep. They said a lot, but it's amazing how Chitose clings to her trashy personality, but decides to work hard:
"There's something wrong with this business if someone as amazing as me doesn't get popular."
"So I'm going to work hard to become popular."

Subaru can't beat her cuz she got 3 sins now: pride, gluttony & sloth.

Koto headtilts & Gojou... they need a ship.
Toothbrushes, what a brother for... wait not nisemonogatari.
Yae: "my words are cheap". But her support is real & Gojou really delivered. "She's just a little dumb" lol.
Noticed this show has similar vibes to Fune wo Amu. Work sol, focus on 'real' people with depth, thru detailed gestures (how Momoka slumped down with her head on arm, and that old-friend dissing with Kazuha, reminds of oregairu s1 so much).

GoateeBoss: Newbie (Nanami) observing senpais is an experience. Becoming a senpai (Chi) being watched also an experience, "And the dumber they are, the better they transform". lol gold I'll think of that at work.
Trash: "users" not "fans" i wonder why...?
Yae & Momoka on swing win the winter coat fashion.
Nanami: still generic goody newbie. But her blind positivity slightly contrasts with Chi's, & mentions the (few) good points of Chi.
Momoka: Preach it!
Dec 25, 2016 9:41 AM

Apr 2011
Chitose back on her feet.
Dec 31, 2016 1:12 AM

Jun 2013
Surprising to know that even Chitose had those insecurities. I thought she didn't care. I think that little exchange between Chitose and Gojou was nice. It's nice that she has her brother's support despite being as arrogant as she is.
臭い-
Jan 1, 2017 1:49 AM

Jan 2011
Okay this is getting annoying .They are going out of their way to omit any voice acting scenes in this show and it's becoming annoying. What's the point of this series if you keep omitting or sidelining the main topic?
I haven't updated in years but now I have changed that. I'll be free soon.
Jan 6, 2017 4:09 PM

Oct 2012
I dunno. They are trying to portray harshness of indrustry yet they include some very naive and anime-esqe dialogues full of selfishness and hope. Somehow all the drama didn't click well with me this time. Don't know what people are praising on this show when it is nothing like the reality is.

By the time I saw Chitose crying I almost cringed. Selfish even in her moment of relief, that says a lot about an character. Really didn't feel anything for her... why should I when she acted in unlikeable way almost all the series. Don't see any of her developement at all and I bet she reverts to her starting attitude in the end.

There were some little good bits in this episode (like Gojou talking about things way back with Katakura) but those were way too few like in the rest of the series. Really wonder what ending they have in store for us.
And they voiced animes ever after, kinda? Nothing can save this series out of mediocrity right now.
Jan 11, 2017 1:33 PM
Apr 2014
OMG can she please stop saying she is doing her best all the time >.< Chitose is still #1 for the most annoying character(although she seems to slowly start to understand that she can't continue like that) but the new girl is really starting to get close.

It was annoying to watch the first episode she appeared but it hasn't gotten any better. Actually it gets worse. It's like every second sentence is "I'm going to do my best". I swear in the beginning she had like 3 lines and all three contained it in some form -.-

Interestingly they all start to wonder if Chitose is going to quit. Personally I would be wondering more about her job situation. What does it matter if she wants to quit if she can't find roles either way? They all know she sucks compared to the others. It looks like she gets a lot less roles than the other girls if any at all. And they all should be able to realize that (that's also why I was so surprised when Yae told Chitose that she is working hard. Yae should know better how little Chitose is doing for work).

on a side-note: Where does the sudden trust in Chitose from the CEO come? Why would he "bet" on her making it big after basically telling her manager that she is not worth being supported because she sucks? I mean as shitty as he described it he was right. If she can't do her job then she should be dismissed. And her performance was amazingly bad in the beginning and just acceptable at the end of her first main role(now that I think about the actual VA has done a nice job delivering that. Acting bad on purpose so well is not easy). Apparently she hasn't even improved any further according to the other girls. Continuing to push her would be a gamble at best. Better to just try the next person (which it looked like they were actually doing until that weird scene in the bar)
NanashiJan 11, 2017 1:44 PM
Jan 15, 2017 9:31 AM

Apr 2014
This resolved way too fast..
Jan 19, 2017 5:56 AM

Mar 2015
Good to see Chitose finally get some resolve, even if it is at the end of the show.
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Jan 19, 2017 2:25 PM

Feb 2015
Girlish Number, this anime, like wtf. Her brother is such a loser. Just watched EP 11 where he gave her finally some half hearted support AFTER telling her explicitly how she is dumb and worthless. This anime is the biggest pile of bs if they let him get away with this after almost ruining her career. Whoa.

The creator of the manga, or whoever is responsible for the story of the anime, is the dumbest fool around if he thinks that Chitose's behavior is counter productive in the show business. Chitose was pretty much the ONLY VA with artistic ambition in the story of the anime. Poor fools.
Jan 19, 2017 2:30 PM

Feb 2015
>THIS IS ACCEPTED BEHAVIOR
http://imgur.com/a/ZhAgE <<<TOTAL BITCH

And don't get me started on the idiot Kazuha Shibasaki who has neither respect nor passion for her work. Yet somehow Chitose is the bad girl! This anime is fucked up.
Jan 23, 2017 1:24 PM

Sep 2014
This was a pretty depressing episode. Since I like Chitose it sucked to see her all depressed and feeling left out while the new girl was shinning. Glad we didn't take too long on changing from this atmosphere, hoping to see Chitose do good next episode.
Feb 7, 2017 3:43 PM

Jul 2014
Looks like everyone's indirect wish for Chitose to grow up got granted at the end.
Sep 4, 2017 1:59 AM

Oct 2012
Seeing Chi-sama sad makes me sad :(
I guess she's jealous of Nanami.. well that's obvious

γƒ•γ‚‘γ‚€γƒˆ εƒζ§˜!
I'm rooting for you! You're amazing! Best gril! xD

KATTA NA GAHAHA!
"Signature removed"
Dec 6, 2017 3:25 PM

May 2012
Well that was nice, let's see what the last episode has to offer!
Dec 7, 2019 2:19 PM

May 2018
I feel like this a good reality check for Chitose, I love her but she does get too confidence sometimes, especially when she isnt doing as good as she thinks she is. Now after her feeling low she might choose to work more harder and get herself to a better place. It does make me feel sad to see best girl upset, but it is needed for her to improve her acting career. I hope it only goes up for her now.
Feb 21, 2020 4:25 PM

Feb 2018
Best relathionship xD, Good jobs Kojou kun.
May 10, 2021 4:51 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
I didn't expect them to be that kind towards Chitose, it was actually really heartwarming and I can feel she's becoming a better person, best episode so far.
May 25, 2022 6:36 PM
GetsugaTENSHO

Jul 2012
it is a business and competition 😞 Yae is really honest =)

THANK YOU FOR STICKING WITH CHITOSE, GIRLS, REAL FRIENDS
弡倧です for εΌ΅ε€§ε‹‡η£ε―Ÿ
Sep 25, 2022 11:57 AM
Feb 2021
Well 2nd one real quick, maybe the last.

Seems like the feels are rubbed the wrong way at times, but I genuinely feel Chitose as a character that I got to know better. I don't really get how she's genuinely dumb or anything, she's just really egoistic and complacent, making her even lazier than me, which should've been impossible >.O Meaning that once she nurtures herself, she would be able to be much more better in her career and move onwards.

Didn't know I was the type to write stuff like this to be completely honest, kinda fresh of myself ig.

Looking forward to seeing ep 12 in just a few seconds
Jun 14, 2023 10:33 AM

May 2020
Aaww, gojo's fan supporting him on the letter to chitose.
Glad Chitose realizing her mistakes And move forward, thanks to gojo and friends.
That last scene was pretty cute!
┏────────┓
WHY
Is HoneyComeBear so Underrated?

─────────
┗─────────┛
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gi(a)rlish Number Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 22, 2016

103 by AntiMoba »»
Jun 14, 2023 10:39 AM

Poll: » Gi(a)rlish Number Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 8, 2016

84 by AntiMoba »»
Jun 13, 2023 11:40 PM

Poll: » Gi(a)rlish Number Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 1, 2016

63 by AntiMoba »»
Jun 13, 2023 11:37 PM

Poll: » Gi(a)rlish Number Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 24, 2016

65 by AntiMoba »»
Jun 13, 2023 10:13 PM

Poll: » Gi(a)rlish Number Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 17, 2016

54 by AntiMoba »»
Jun 13, 2023 10:09 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.