9.3%
Miranda
1.3%
Other
25.3%
75 votes
Jul 8, 2016 2:08 PM

Oct 2008
Is Lady M one of the characters we know from previous Macross series or someone in Δ?
BunnieSep 20, 2016 7:39 AM
Jul 8, 2016 2:17 PM

Oct 2010
Nice work! Well, after all that I'm not actually going to vote, but at this point if she isn't from any previous series I'll be disappointed :)
Jul 9, 2016 1:31 AM

Oct 2008
nDroae said:
Nice work! Well, after all that I'm not actually going to vote, but at this point if she isn't from any previous series I'll be disappointed :)
It would be funny if Lady M turns out to be an AI.
Jul 11, 2016 5:48 AM

Feb 2010
Apparently this is the greatest mystery MDelta has to offer us. As for the choices above:

Mikumo - Don't think so. It would be too obvious. besides she's got a mystery to solve on her own. The dreams?

Mirage - She's only a pilot, related to some great pilots, but only a pilot. I can't see how she can have some authority in the Government.

Makina - No need to say anything.

Minmay & Misa & Milia - They would be like sixty, respectively seventy and hardly can I image getting involved. Besides, I'm not sure of how much Kawamori and the other creators would like to bring past characters. Maybe from the more recent series yes, but the SDF series is far too old to stand a chance.

Myung - Don't think so. Macross Plus isn't one of the most popular and most beloved series in the franchise, besides being just a four-episode OVA, and bringing Myung would shock the fanbase, but not necessarily in a good way.

Mylene - She's a singer. Despite being related to the army (pilots), I'm not sure how much interest she could have gotten over time in politics, so that she would end up as some really important person in the Government. Not probable... at all.

Miranda - The first time I saw this option, I was like "WHAT THE HECK??" and authomatically thought of the same reason as why Mylene couldn't be Lady M. But, then again, Miranda wasn't a main character. She would bring from the previous appearences little to nothing. It would be easier to bring her back than Mylene, Minmay, Misa, Myung, from the other series. And also all these characters had already had their stories. Miranda stands a chance of being brought back just because she wasn't part of the story before appearing just in 2 or 3 episodes, and can finally get some action for herself. She may be just an idol as well, but somehow she stands this chance.

That's my analysis (I just love those) for the options above.

Honestly, I voted for: OTHER. At first, I thought of Mao Nome - because M;
- Because of that weird thing Gramia and Heinz say: Rudanjal Rom Mayan, and Sara Nome was a Mayan priestess - which kind of connects things;
- Because The Song of the Wind - thing appears in MZero as well, and is connected to Mao herself;
- Because it wouldn't anyway be the first time Macross Zero proved to actually be important to more recent events.

BUT:
- If there's indeed a connection, it would be to Windermere more than to the UN Government;
- Mao must be already dead. She'd be over 80 already. I don't know for sure but I think Macross Frontier confirmed that she had already passed away.

Then, my seconds guess and I strongly believe in this one: Klan Klan.
notanicywarmthJul 11, 2016 5:57 AM
Jul 11, 2016 7:19 AM

Oct 2008
@notanicywarmth
I wouldn't scrape Mikumo off the list yet because she is quite a mysterious girl. Little is revealed about her even though there are several times in the episodes which sort of disprove her being Lady M.

Mirage, Makina, Minmay and Misa: Chances of them being Lady M are almost none to me.

Milia isn't human and she seems to age at a different speed. She was quite involved with politics and the UN Spacy but well, I don't think it's her either.

Myung doesn't seem like the Lady M type to me. She is more involved in the music scene and the AI development. However, she is a producer and maybe as Lady M, she produce Walkure?

Mylene is a possibility as she could be influenced by her parents and dabble in politics as you've mentioned.

The Miranda I meant was Mirage's grandmother.

Interesting thoughts on Mao but she would certainly be dead if not old, hence why she isn't in my poll options. I doubt no one can help thinking about the Mayan thing and there are theories on Mikumo possibly being a Protoculture descendant.

You didn't explain why you think it could be Klan Klan.
BunnieJul 11, 2016 7:24 AM
Jul 11, 2016 7:43 PM

Mar 2013
My money is still on Mikumo's hair.
Jul 12, 2016 4:31 AM

Feb 2010
Bunnie said:

I wouldn't scrape Mikumo off the list yet because she is quite a mysterious girl. Little is revealed about her even though there are several times in the episodes which sort of disprove her being Lady M.

You do have a point here.

Bunnie said:

You didn't explain why you think it could be Klan Klan.

It's funny and maybe silly. But she's connected to millitary and stuff from many points of view. I could see her. And M, because of reasons - from the series, not movies - that may be breaking our hearts. It may not be her, but I wish it were.
Aug 9, 2016 4:30 AM

Nov 2015
Lynn Minmay, Would be a interesting turns of events.

In 2012, she embarks on the SDF-2 Megaroad-01 colony ship, which disappears 4 years later during its voyage towards the center of the Milky Way galaxy, becoming a legend in the Macross universe since then.

This sentence really is fishy to me, i mean why bother making the character disappear? Maybe something happened. Well actually she should already be a old woman, but what if time froze or something like that though that would sound old to me. But I REALLY would like to see Lynn Minmay again and that would be like you know, legend reborn. haha

Anyway maybe, just maybe, she could be Lady M.
Aug 12, 2016 4:53 AM

Feb 2010
I think that episodes 18 & 19 somehow comfirmed it's Mao....

Let's not forget episode 18 when we got a flash of Mikumo's memories and there was an elderly women with SHORT PURPLE HAIR and GLASSES (just like Mao in Frontier was presented).

And the whole history in ep 19 kind of implied that Lady M was one of those that created/did something to Mikumo, so Lady M must be some kind of scientist... or somebody related to a scientist...

Kinda like Mao....
Sep 3, 2016 4:26 PM
Sep 2016
Actually There's a Big Possibility that Lady M is Mao Nome . First of all she's a scientist. Also in Wikia it is said that mao was taken by the Vajras and became young again. She is also the first one to have a Var Syndrome
Sep 20, 2016 3:10 AM

Aug 2013
Okay.

About 2 weeks ago, I'm curious about what is "Rudanjal Rom Mayan"-thing
And I found this thread. I know this thing is not connected but, hell yeah, who cares?

And.

I have already watch episode 25
and I be like

"What this fucking series want to tell us?!"

And it's probably confirmed that LADY M is LYNN MINMAY

I know that's probably impossible, but, that arbian-style-trader tell us ALL clues about LADY M

nah.

Just ignore this.
FU Shoji<3
Sep 20, 2016 6:23 AM
Jul 2011
Actually MinMay was the most illogical and improbable possibility...and they went with it.
Sep 29, 2016 9:16 AM

Nov 2012
Well... for me was something like: Lady M... L M... Lin Minmay xD

Songs are weapons... the first to use this concept was Lin Minmay, and some things like it.

Anyway, it has finished :(
Sep 29, 2016 11:53 AM

Jul 2013
Yes it seems like Lady M is an important character and the anime does not even explain who she is
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 29, 2016 8:31 PM

Oct 2008
Renaultclio101 said:
Yes it seems like Lady M is an important character and the anime does not even explain who she is
They've already revealed about Lady M so not much explaining to do...
Sep 30, 2016 12:33 AM
Jul 2011
@shinaminene, if you still don't understand what Rudanjal Rom Mayan is, you should watch Macross Zero.
It's a core concept in the Protoculture mythology.
Oct 14, 2016 11:41 AM

Nov 2013
megaload said:
@shinaminene, if you still don't understand what Rudanjal Rom Mayan is, you should watch Macross Zero.
It's a core concept in the Protoculture mythology.

The "Kadun's" and Sheryl's grandaunt right?
Anyways it's already revealed. She's Lin Minmay.
Oct 15, 2016 3:38 AM
Jul 2011
The "Kadun's" and Sheryl's grandaunt right?

No sure how Mikumo was created...
Rudanjal Rom Mayan is the person controlling The Protoculture artifacts via songs aka Star Singer.
Sara could control those on Earth because she is a direct descendant in a small genetic pool.
I think Sheryl could't "star sing" to full extent...two generations after Mao and outer dominant genes I suppose.
Oct 28, 2018 5:41 PM
Oct 2018
Its entirely possible that due to the proximity of the black hole that the Megaroad and its occupants were caught in a gravitational time warp and havent aged much although 50 years "real time" has passed. Something to think about at least..
Jan 27, 2019 8:03 AM
Jan 2019
The Mayans of Macross Zero are connected to the Bird People, the Proto Culture and the Var Syndrome. In fact the Var Syndrome is passed on the priesthood of the Mayans. Also Mao Nome granddaughter is Sheryl Nome, she ended up in a coma but we still have Sara and Shin that disappear together. Sara also have Var Syndrome her blood was the first sample of the Syndrome. Also if you take unto account iconography that all the series and the order of events you can get a connection between all series.

More topics from this board

Poll: » About this show's reputation and the endless "Frontier vs Delta" debate

ShadowMonkey - Aug 19, 2020

11 by Lucifrost »»
May 19, 6:14 PM

» Movie vs TV Series

Reshiram_IX - Jan 16, 2023

9 by donnascherer »»
Mar 16, 4:21 AM

Poll: » Macross Δ Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 31, 2015

447 by Zekkenshin »»
Jan 1, 10:09 PM

Poll: » Macross Δ Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 25, 2016

246 by AdrianShephardt »»
Mar 7, 2023 9:01 AM

Poll: » Macross Δ Episode 23 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 4, 2016

35 by SilverCrono »»
Oct 17, 2022 9:10 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.