Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sound! Euphonium (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Apr 20, 2016 6:36 AM

May 2012
If that's true, pretty dang hyped o_o

This year's turning out be a pretty fun year for anime.

Apr 20, 2016 2:57 PM
May 2015
For now, I won't believe that crap. Though, there's a high possibility that it may be true.

KyoAni, Pls give Hibike Season 2 24/25 episodes just like you did with K-On Season 2..fingers crossed

Apr 22, 2016 7:32 PM

Feb 2013
It is true. https://twitter.com/yarare_kanrinin/status/723689913476993024

Announced at the end of the recap movie it seems.
nZk_o1Apr 22, 2016 7:35 PM
Apr 23, 2016 4:29 AM
Mar 2016
Olem said:
If that's true, pretty dang hyped o_o
This year's turning out be a pretty fun year for anime.

nomac_ said:
It is true. https://twitter.com/yarare_kanrinin/status/723689913476993024
Announced at the end of the recap movie it seems.
VersoSciolto said:
As of today the official sites also indicate that the second season of the TV series is scheduled to air from October 2016 - with details to follow:
2016/04/23
「響け!ユーフォニアム」10月よりTVシリーズ第2期放送決定!
「響け! ユーフォニアム」
10月よりTVシリーズ第2期の放送が決定しました!
詳細は、続報をお待ちください!
Theatrical film site:
http://anime-eupho.com/news/
(The film had its nationwide theatrical release today, April 23, 2016)
TV series Second Season site:
http://tv.anime-eupho.com/news/

It's true. That Japanese though.
Apr 23, 2016 4:46 AM

Nov 2011
Yeah, it's confirmed today. That means two Kyoto Animation works (this) and Koe no Katachi will be premiering for Fall 2016. Exciting.
Apr 23, 2016 7:55 AM

Nov 2007
Totally not unrelated but the tombrone dude is so gonna be one of the main characters in the sequel. Huehuehue ~ salt incoming.

Coming back to original discussion:

jc9622 said:
KyoAni, Pls give Hibike Season 2 24/25 episodes just like you did with K-On Season 2. fingers crossed

I would have absolutely loved this if it were to happen. But my bet would be on a 12/13 episodes second season and possibly a concluding sequel movie. Remember that K-On! season one was extremely successful and till this day, the most sold series from them.

Hibike! Euphonium on the other hand, is one of the less successful anime from them and falls in the same bracket as Amagi Brilliant Park and Kyoukai no Kanata (in terms of revenue generation). Don't get me wrong, they would still be considered successful anime for any other studios averaging 6-8K disc sales per volume but not for KyoAni that produced money machines like the K-On! franchise, the Key adaptations, the Suzumiya Haruhi franchise, Lucky star, the Free! franchise, the Chuunibyou franchise and even Hyouka.

I am just talking in terms of monetary value of the series. But out of the conventional thinking, 24 episodes would nicely cover vol. 2-3 and even the anecdotes of vol.4.

But if you are a kyoani fan, keep tabs on the movie @Stark700 mentioned. The source aside, the team behind the movie is absolutely brilliant — the director responsible for critically acclaimed movies such as K-On! the movie, Disappearance and TLS, script writer with the best SoLs ever like ARIA, K-On!, ARIA, Tamayura, ARIA, Non Non Biyori, ARIA, Kimi to Boku and ARIA etc. and the character designer involved with many KyoAni anime.)
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Apr 29, 2016 10:53 AM

Feb 2015
YES!! The hype :) glad this one is getting another season. Definitely one of KyoAni's better efforts, so I look forward to seeing more.
May 1, 2016 12:36 PM

May 2016
well it looks like it's time to sleep until fall. bye everyone
May 1, 2016 1:15 PM
Jul 2018

Very good, I was looking forward to these news as soon I've heard about sequels.
Meanwhile Hibike Movie have already aired recently so I'm waiting for BD release.
Also I hope the second season will clarify some specific very ambiguous moments,
I mean themes of relationships between the characters. Anyway I'm excited.
May 2, 2016 10:56 PM

Jan 2015
Finally, the season 2 announcement! Truly can't wait for fall now! But I'm hoping with ALL of my heart that a certain trombone guy stays tf away from certain character relationships... KyoAni, please oh please don't let me down ;-;
become meguca?
May 3, 2016 11:10 PM

Sep 2011
Stark700 said:
Yeah, it's confirmed today. That means two Kyoto Animation works (this) and Koe no Katachi will be premiering for Fall 2016. Exciting.

I don't know if "exciting" is the term I'd use. I'd probably use the term "cautiously optimistic". While we each have our own opinions of the first season I felt that KyoAni set the bar pretty high for their next season. If they are working on two releases the quality is going to suffer somewhere. Koe no Katachi is a movie release which leads me to think they will focus more effort there than on this series. With that said I am no expert and I don't follow these things close enough to make educated claims. I don't know if they worked on something else while making the first season either. For now all I can do is wait and hope that KyoAni maintains the level of quality of the first season.
May 4, 2016 10:13 AM

Jul 2015
Shirasho said:
Stark700 said:

I don't know if "exciting" is the term I'd use. I'd probably use the term "cautiously optimistic". While we each have our own opinions of the first season I felt that KyoAni set the bar pretty high for their next season. If they are working on two releases the quality is going to suffer somewhere. Koe no Katachi is a movie release which leads me to think they will focus more effort there than on this series. With that said I am no expert and I don't follow these things close enough to make educated claims. I don't know if they worked on something else while making the first season either. For now all I can do is wait and hope that KyoAni maintains the level of quality of the first season.

Isn't it split up in different teams?

One shouldn't affect the other I think, besides we don't know how long Koe no Katachi has been in production.

Btw has anyone read the source material, I mean does the writing change for the better or worse if at all?
May 9, 2016 12:31 AM
Jul 2015
shanimebib said:

But if you are a kyoani fan, keep tabs on the movie @Stark700 mentioned. The source aside, the team behind the movie is absolutely brilliant — the director responsible for critically acclaimed movies such as K-On! the movie, Disappearance and TLS, script writer with the best SoLs ever like ARIA, K-On!, ARIA, Tamayura, ARIA, Non Non Biyori, ARIA, Kimi to Boku and ARIA etc. and the character designer involved with many KyoAni anime.)

Disappearance is Takemoto movie btw.

BlueBalls said:
Shirasho said:

Isn't it split up in different teams?

One shouldn't affect the other I think, besides we don't know how long Koe no Katachi has been in production.

Btw has anyone read the source material, I mean does the writing change for the better or worse if at all?

Koe no Katachi director was the series director for Hibike so she most likely will be absent from the 2nd which might not be very good.
Jun 4, 2016 6:48 PM

Oct 2015
I've been waiting so long for this! More Kumiko x Reina <3
Jun 24, 2016 11:37 PM

Nov 2014
Hibike! is one of my all time favourites! I'm so glad I get to see more of these characters. Kumiko is the best MC ever. I don't think s1 can be topped in terms of narrative, though, but I will try to fix my expectations and hopefully I will get to watch good character moments throughout this s2.
Jul 26, 2016 10:17 AM

Jul 2016
If Reina switches from a Trombone to an Euphonium I'm gonna be pissed.
Jul 28, 2016 7:20 PM

Oct 2015
I don't know how this is gonna turn out, but I need the japanese developers babes to make this new season more Yuri, I ship them so hard.
Anyways the hype is real!!
Jul 29, 2016 6:00 PM
May 2015
Serboss said:
I don't know how this is gonna turn out, but I need the japanese developers babes to make this new season more Yuri, I ship them so hard.
Anyways the hype is real!!
For whatever unexplained reasons, I agree with you..I ship Kumiko x Reina so I want to see more of that but I have a feeling the 2nd Season will focus more on Kumiko x Asuka *__*

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hibike! Euphonium 2 Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 7, 2016

145 by Remsimp333 »»
Sep 22, 4:26 AM

Poll: » Hibike! Euphonium 2 Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 16, 2016

114 by narwhaal »»
Aug 3, 12:33 PM

Poll: » Hibike! Euphonium 2 Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

shanimebib - Dec 28, 2016

288 by qxoa »»
Jul 24, 11:01 PM

Poll: » Hibike! Euphonium 2 Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Nov 2, 2016

219 by slayer70 »»
Jul 7, 8:38 AM

Poll: » Hibike! Euphonium 2 Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 30, 2016

119 by Ston3_FreeN7 »»
Jun 6, 8:20 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.