Forum Settings
Forums

This Anime is Shit - "No it's a parody it's supposed to be shit."

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Nov 29, 2015 3:03 PM

Oct 2014
mochabearkawaii said:
KingOfBait said:
Someone create an one Bait man meme.
You're the kingofbait tho c;

Exactly, and as the King, i don't do that stuff. My loyal Subjects do it for me!
Nov 29, 2015 3:09 PM

Apr 2015
Nov 29, 2015 8:36 PM

Mar 2012
MortalMelancholy said:
Parodies can be bad too.

And over the top can also be bad at exaggerating as well
End Zionazism
Nov 29, 2015 8:55 PM

May 2014
Thread feels like deja vu but probably just me
Nov 29, 2015 8:57 PM

Mar 2013
Coould it atleast be an entertaining comedy?

To Love Ru isn't the best romance or ecchi but it's weird enough that even if you don't get the joke "all bad harems are like this" it's acceptable on its own or you're wondering what the next weird misadventure is.

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure is a parody of Fist of the North Star kind of, even if you don't know who that is you know all the needless posing is ridiculous and the people they come across are in their own world or too weird to dream up but it's all over the top and it makes JoJo... Jojo.

One Punch Man also just throws ridiculous concepts like a super hero who's power is riding a bike (he's only C rank anyways). The main character has surpassed human limitations with unrealistic training only to show what it's like being that high up, IT'S NOT FUN, he's bored constantly because he's already wrecked kaiju monsters with 10% of his strength, he's more worried about getting to that sale at the grocery store, the real fight comes from his friends acting like it's DBZ until Goku comes to play around, except Goku is Godx10 and there's no playing, only a puddle of guts that used to be the big bad.

Ouran Highschool Host Club has an episode poking fun at reverse harems, it's funny because the whole show is a reverse harem, a girl joins a boys club with a bunch of cute guys (because the club is about whoring themselves out for dates) and she's uninterested in most of them as they just goof around and sometimes playing with the girl pretending to be a male student.

Space Dandy is kind of a sillyer version of Cowboy Bebop, I like it much more because of that because in this universe anything can happen, the zombie episode was real funny when it took an odd turn I never really saw in a zombie one off episode or series.
Nov 29, 2015 8:57 PM

Mar 2014
Thought this was a necro...OPM is still a parody, just like it was a parody the last time you posted this thread. Whether or not it's a good parody is up for dispute.
Nov 29, 2015 9:03 PM

Oct 2014
Mikasa said:

What the fuck is this?

Trendy now is how shitty shows get away with being called shitty just for embracing it.

OPM, Stardust Crusaders, TTGL get away with being called shit just because they label themselves as parody/over the top.
If they are, which they aren't, they would be shitty at parodying/ being OTT.

This is very dodgy reasoning. You can't defend a series' flaws by saying the flaws were intentional. If something is meant to be a parody, it doesn't mean it can't be bad. It can still be bad at parodying. Or at being bizarre or over the top just as how many dramas fail at being dramatically effective.

Why do you think people use this reasoning is valid.
Discuss

Disclaimer, this is not aimed at the example shows mentioned earlier, and can apply to any show that gets defended for "having intended having flaws."

Nov 29, 2015 9:18 PM

Jul 2015
You reminded me to watch the new OPM ep. Thank you.
Nov 29, 2015 9:21 PM

May 2015
is this thread a parody itself?

Best Shitty Reviews
“Like is like a blank canvas you paint it with whatever you want (colors,blood,sweat,shit etc)”
Current Season rec : Layton Mystery Tanteisha: Katri no Nazotoki File
I am an anime OST Maniac and they play a huge role in my rating for a anime.
interested ?
click the GIF>>>>>
Nov 29, 2015 9:22 PM

Mar 2014
TheGeniusBaka said:
is this thread a parody itself?

No, it's shit, but the OP will say it's a parody if it's criticized :P
Nov 29, 2015 9:35 PM

Jan 2012
Lol@ Jojo being a parody.

Nov 29, 2015 9:40 PM

Nov 2014
Nyaanlathotep said:

[img]http://i.imgur.com/uKXD1I8.gif[/i mg]
wait.. it is not?

Nov 29, 2015 9:43 PM

Jan 2012
ExTamplier said:
Nyaanlathotep said:

[img]http://i.imgur.com/uKXD1I8.gif[/i mg]
wait.. it is not?

Nope, it's just bizarre.
Nov 29, 2015 9:45 PM

Nov 2014
Nyaanlathotep said:
ExTamplier said:
wait.. it is not?

Nope, it's just bizarre.

Nov 30, 2015 12:51 AM

Jul 2013
Nyaanlathotep said:

People tries to bait too hard this times.
Nov 30, 2015 2:47 AM

May 2015
Ptrico94 said:

This is actually a problem here, the "at least" part. As if, at the very least, it can be what it set out to be. That's literally it's goal, if it's not doing that it's failing you. And it's not really suppose to be more.

One Punch Man also just throws ridiculous concepts like a super hero who's power is riding a bike (he's only C rank anyways). The main character has surpassed human limitations with unrealistic training only to show what it's like being that high up, IT'S NOT FUN, he's bored constantly because he's already wrecked kaiju monsters with 10% of his strength, he's more worried about getting to that sale at the grocery store, the real fight comes from his friends acting like it's DBZ until Goku comes to play around, except Goku is Godx10 and there's no playing, only a puddle of guts that used to be the big bad.

At first, I disagreed with people dismissing OPM critics. But you hate the literal concept of the series, it's not going to improve at the aspect. It's concept isn't going to change lol. OPM is a semi-action anime, and you're looking for a serious action anime. It's not going to be that. That's suppose to be funny, and if it's not funny for you from the concept and not the execution...wouldn't recommend.
ゴロゴロゴロ ゴロゴロゴロ ゴロゴロゴロ ゴロゴロゴロ ゴゴゴゴゴゴ ゴゴゴゴゴゴ ゴゴゴゴゴゴ
Nov 30, 2015 3:05 AM
May 2015
Nov 30, 2015 3:08 AM

Mar 2014
Stop making threads
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Nov 30, 2015 2:47 PM

Mar 2012
Ptrico94 said:

To Love Ru isn't the best romance or ecchi but it's weird enough that even if you don't get the joke "all bad harems are like this" it's acceptable on its own or you're wondering what the next weird misadventure is.

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure is a parody of Fist of the North Star kind of, even if you don't know who that is you know all the needless posing is ridiculous and the people they come across are in their own world or too weird to dream up but it's all over the top and it makes JoJo... Jojo.

Ouran Highschool Host Club has an episode poking fun at reverse harems, it's funny because the whole show is a reverse harem, a girl joins a boys club with a bunch of cute guys (because the club is about whoring themselves out for dates) and she's uninterested in most of them as they just goof around and sometimes playing with the girl pretending to be a male student.

Space Dandy is kind of a sillyer version of Cowboy Bebop, I like it much more because of that because in this universe anything can happen, the zombie episode was real funny when it took an odd turn I never really saw in a zombie one off episode or series.

I can agree with this.
ashfrliebert said:
Ptrico94 said:

This is actually a problem here, the "at least" part. As if, at the very least, it can be what it set out to be. That's literally it's goal, if it's not doing that it's failing you. And it's not really suppose to be more.

At first, I disagreed with people dismissing OPM critics. But you hate the literal concept of the series, it's not going to improve at the aspect. It's concept isn't going to change lol. OPM is a semi-action anime, and you're looking for a serious action anime. It's not going to be that. That's suppose to be funny, and if it's not funny for you from the concept and not the execution...wouldn't recommend.

Yeah, it failed at its pown genre snd purpose
End Zionazism
Nov 30, 2015 3:05 PM

Jul 2011
Yes, my time machine finallly .... wait, it's just a repost?

Wow, not even at baiting people make an effort nowdays.
Nov 30, 2015 3:21 PM

Aug 2015
Nov 30, 2015 4:14 PM

Jan 2014
Mikasa pls.
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Fight again, fight again for justice!
Nov 30, 2015 4:16 PM

May 2015
This thread is shit "No it's baiting it's supposed to be shit."
every single one of my forum posts is dumb and invalid except for 1, I don't claim them it was a different person it was all fake
Nov 30, 2015 4:18 PM

Aug 2015
Hey, it's this again.
Nov 30, 2015 10:11 PM

Mar 2015
MIkasa Returns: The Movie
Nov 30, 2015 10:22 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
You already did this thread a week or 2, wtf.
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Nov 30, 2015 10:24 PM

Mar 2015
OPM is so realistic! He runs like regular people!

(grabs popcorn)
私はサイタマ様が大好きです。私は彼の雌犬です!
Nov 30, 2015 10:26 PM

Mar 2014
OneTrueBaita said:
MIkasa Returns: The Movie

Revenge of the Mikasa
Nov 30, 2015 10:45 PM

Jun 2015
It's nice to see you again Mikasa; You've taught me alot of baiting skills
Nov 30, 2015 10:47 PM

Jan 2015
SpaceLion92 said:
Weeping_Oshino said:
Comic_Sans said:
Stop making threads
Twitter and it's consequences had been a disaster for the human race
Nov 30, 2015 11:15 PM

Oct 2012
Mikasa said:
shitposting OP

Nov 30, 2015 11:40 PM

Jul 2013
Ironic that Mikasa has reposted his thread the same day that tsudecimo reappeared.
Dec 1, 2015 1:54 AM

Sep 2015
Nico- said:
This thread is shit and so is OP
It's an entirely different kind of flying, altogether!
It's an entirely different kind of flying.
Dec 1, 2015 5:32 AM

Dec 2012
One Punch Man shouldn't be mentioned as it's not a parody. It has ironically turned itself into a superhero show in the process of poking fun at them.
Dec 1, 2015 5:34 AM
Jun 2015
Do I even need to explain this?
Dec 1, 2015 6:42 AM

Mar 2015
ItsMaz said:
Nico- said:
This thread is shit and so is OP
Dec 1, 2015 6:44 AM

Feb 2013
JewellTH said:
yes. you personally.

Dec 1, 2015 6:47 AM

Apr 2015
What if I say that Another is a parody of Final Destination and Higurashi?
Dec 1, 2015 6:56 AM

Mar 2015
romagia said:
JewellTH said:
yes. you personally.

That. Pic. Is. Sweeeeeeeet~
Dec 1, 2015 8:02 AM

May 2015
Mikasa said:

Yeah, it failed at its pown genre snd purpose

Assuming you mean being funny, this is understandable. There's a difference between not finding a joke funny and taking a joke seriously. This is the distinction that needs to be made when speaking of OPM criticisms.

Ratohnhaketon said:
One Punch Man shouldn't be mentioned as it's not a parody. It has ironically turned itself into a superhero show in the process of poking fun at them.

No it's always been a superhero show lol, that's the point. It's making fun of superhero shows by being one.

Everyone's a generic superhero character, except Saitama(and even than only personality wise). It even makes fun of dbz transformations, that's hilarious.

Being what you're making fun of is what parody means. Literally the definition of parody is "an imitation of the style of a particular writer, artist, or genre with deliberate exaggeration for comic effect". It's suppose to be a superhero show.
This is the distinction between what makes something of it's genre and what makes something parody.

You guys just literally don't know what parody is. Understandable.
ashfrliebertDec 1, 2015 8:12 AM
ゴロゴロゴロ ゴロゴロゴロ ゴロゴロゴロ ゴロゴロゴロ ゴゴゴゴゴゴ ゴゴゴゴゴゴ ゴゴゴゴゴゴ
Dec 1, 2015 8:20 AM

Sep 2013
Dec 1, 2015 8:48 AM

Dec 2012
ashfrliebert said:

Ratohnhaketon said:

No it's always been a superhero show lol, that's the point. It's making fun of superhero shows by being one.

Everyone's a generic superhero character, except Saitama(and even than only personality wise). It even makes fun of dbz transformations, that's hilarious.

Being what you're making fun of is what parody means. Literally the definition of parody is "an imitation of the style of a particular writer, artist, or genre with deliberate exaggeration for comic effect". It's suppose to be a superhero show.
This is the distinction between what makes something of it's genre and what makes something parody.

You guys just literally don't know what parody is. Understandable.
Uhh nope. The first 2-3 episodes were comedy gold and the perfect example of what parody ought to be. I was practically crying from laughter after each one. But once they started to focus on world building and a plot centralized around the hero's association, the laughing stopped. It's had some chuckle worthy moments, but there has been a noticeable shift towards reference humor and slapstick. If you think simply making an off-hand reference to DBZ is worth a 10/10, I probably could have made a fortune off of you with my lunch table back in middle school.
Dec 1, 2015 6:56 PM

Nov 2011
Thread Locked: Spam & Baiting thoughout the thread.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Anime which quality considerably decreased with production of new series

Shabo-kun - 1 hour ago

1 by Azuchi »»
16 seconds ago

» Love live

Vapor_AU - 56 minutes ago

15 by Dumb »»
40 seconds ago

» Is the database algorithm fair?

Lucifrost - May 30

16 by LoveYourSmile »»
3 minutes ago

» Anime that spurs you to read its continuation in manga, LN or VN

niknasr - May 28

40 by oappo »»
4 minutes ago

» 🌹 Anime Questionnaire 2024 🌹 ( 1 2 3 )

Shizuna - May 16

129 by kjplethodon »»
6 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.