Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 17, 2009 3:55 AM

Oct 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Wow the "dog" of Mr. 4's and Miss Merrychristmas is actually a gun that ate the dog fruit. =O

Interesting.
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.~
Dec 30, 2009 7:17 AM

May 2008
so Usopp and Sanji changed opponents awww

Awesome Sig by Lailide
Jan 2, 2010 6:18 PM

Mar 2009
Sanji VS Bon Clay is like the perfect match trying to imagine how Usopp and Chopper will win without help but I can't so I reckon someones gonna end up helping them.

Jan 10, 2010 2:06 AM

Nov 2009
Hopefully Chopper and Usopp Can Defend themselves i want to see Usopp kick some butt like he did in the Arlong arc.
Feb 22, 2010 7:49 PM

Oct 2009
Okay, I still want to know how a gun eats a fruit -.- The possibility of objects having devil fruit abilities is very interesting...and opens up a whole bunch of options.

I find it hard to believe Mr. 4 and Miss Merry Christmas were put under Mr. 3 and Miss Goldenweek. Not only do they seem more powerful, but they actually work together. Mr. 3 and Miss Goldenweek were completely separate.

And that reminds me...Miss Goldenweek must still be lurking about, huh?
-Celestial-Feb 22, 2010 7:53 PM
May 19, 2010 3:50 PM

Jul 2009
A gun that could eat doesn't make any sense.... O_o

CARUUUUUUUUUUUUUUEEEE!!!!

4/5
May 15, 2011 8:10 AM

Aug 2010
wtf baseball players and gun-dog o_O
I think Chopper will kick their asses, did you forget about his 7 levels of transformation? I do belive in him. Beat them, Chopper!
Usopp...welll try not not break your sexy nose ;-)
Jun 12, 2011 1:23 PM
Jun 2008
-Celestial- said:
Okay, I still want to know how a gun eats a fruit -.- The possibility of objects having devil fruit abilities is very interesting...and opens up a whole bunch of options.

I find it hard to believe Mr. 4 and Miss Merry Christmas were put under Mr. 3 and Miss Goldenweek. Not only do they seem more powerful, but they actually work together. Mr. 3 and Miss Goldenweek were completely separate.

The gun probably didnt eat the develfruit himself, i think its done through science experiments on guns

Furthermore its stated by crocodile that Mr.4 is much stronger than mr. 3 in terms of strenght, but Mr. 3 got his position through his intellect and well his devil fruit gives him far more possibilities to complete a mission, he is more resourcefull and a true con artist. Mr 4's powers are too straight forward.
Jan 15, 2012 1:21 PM

Jul 2011
why is Chopper in his biggest form when he's trying to dodge thing?
Mar 24, 2012 4:49 PM
Jul 18, 2012 2:10 PM

Sep 2009
EOTW said:
You made a good point.
Sep 9, 2012 9:46 AM

Apr 2012
the devil fruits sure have an interesting background to them...
even things can eat them??? weeeeird.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 23, 2012 7:36 AM

Jul 2011
Nice Combo!
Oct 20, 2012 4:43 AM

Mar 2010
So a gun ate a Devil's Fruit? And I think I'm at the point where I like Carue way more than Vivi. Just sayin', she cries an awful lot. And that time could be spent on... I don't know... saving the country?
TyrelJun 4, 2015 3:07 PM
Feb 1, 2013 4:07 PM

Jan 2012
EOTW said:

He wouldn't be able to run around fast in his smallest form. Yeah, he could've used his natural form, but he can't really attack well in the mode. He did what he did, I guess.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 5, 2013 12:23 PM

Jan 2013
wtf? dog fruit XD
Nov 27, 2013 11:41 AM
Aug 2013
I wish Carue got killed off,I've hated that creature from the start as well as the rest of his "squad" they feel too much like filler characters.
Feb 16, 2014 9:11 AM

Mar 2008
What a magnificent duck. Love Carue and his squad !
Jun 14, 2014 12:19 PM

Oct 2013
Karoo sure was awesome in this episode.

Aug 4, 2014 7:40 AM

Jan 2014
Yippee!! The fights have begun!! I loved it! I'm so excited right now!
Finally, we get to see some more devil fruit users' abilities ^______^
Jun 22, 2015 8:58 AM

May 2014
Carue my niggah.
Eftanzio said:
So a gun ate a Devil's Fruit? And I think I'm at the point where I like Carue way more than Vivi. Just sayin', she cries an awful lot. And that time could be spent on... I don't know... saving the country?
shinki7 said:
You made a good point.

-Celestial- said:

No, I thought Miss Goldenweek was knocked out too. Back when The Strawhat Pirates were fighting the mr 3 couple.
Mar 22, 2016 4:11 PM

Jun 2015
Miss Merrychristmas is so annoying always yelling at everyone

And it looks like it's gonna be concentrating on Usopp & Chopper's fight I hope to finish fast
FrancosiusMar 22, 2016 4:15 PM
May 10, 2016 7:10 PM

Jan 2016
When the fuck is this arc gonna end! this shit is taking forever
Jul 14, 2016 6:02 PM

Mar 2015
Miss Merrychristmas is like, a typical Asian aunty. Damn
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Feb 5, 2017 3:55 AM

May 2014
Those numbered agents are the strangest and most annoying cretins I think I've ever seen...especially Bon Clay. I cannot wait to see Sanji kick the crap out of him.

Sanji seems to be saving a lot of ass this arc tbh, so hats off to him. I've also decided that he has the best character theme...it's just so damn snazzy XD

I also cracked up at the scene where Nami straight up admitted she had no skills and ran away. I really like her a lot, and can't get my head around why the OP fandom seems to despise her so much O_O
Feb 7, 2017 9:34 AM

Dec 2016
Chopper and Usopp vs. Ms Merry Christmas, great fight alert
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Apr 5, 2017 5:18 PM

Mar 2012
These people did not just walk past Zoro >:(
Feb 18, 2018 6:32 PM

Jun 2016
Karoo saves the day again, twice. Have you ever respected a duck this much? I've said it before and I'll say it again, I've never respected animals as much as the ones in One Piece. These guys are some of the most lovable characters in the anime. He saw Vivi in danger and ran through being trampled, being shot, and even ran up a mountain sideways and flew. That's a real admirable display.

Sanji showing up to kick Bon Clay's ass was great. Him playing an active role is perfect, I've warmed up to him so much since we've reached Alabasta. The fight should be one of the cooler ones. I wasn't sure who would fight Bon Clay but Sanji's a good pick. I also didn't expect a fight to be three different devil fruit powers working together, and as childish the fight seems with Mr.4, Merry Christmas, and dog-gun, it's fun as hell. The preview made it look like we're going to get some manly Usopp moments too which will be nice, after letting Chopper see him like the coward he is he'll need to rebuild that admiration.

I had a brief thought in regards to Usopp while watching. In a philosophical sense Usopp may be the bravest straw hat. Aristotle believes that we should find the mean between vices to be virtuous and to do that one way is to go opposite to the vice that you lean to. For bravery the vices are cowardice and rashness. Usopp clearly leans to cowardice yet his goal is the ideal of the brave warrior of the sea, and in this way he tries to act as the rash person would. This allows him to go against his nature to act truly brave. That's something that someone like Zoro never has to do. He is permanently rash and only knows how to act by attacking everything head on. Someone like Luffy may be the perfect middle who has found the mean without needing to lean one way or the other, he may be Aristotle's virtuous person. I know this is 2deep and stuff but it's just a new way I realized I could look at character writing with, and I wonder if this pertains in other stories as much as it does here. Moral is, Usopp-san is the bravest man alive.
May 17, 2018 2:24 PM

Jun 2017
From the explosion it looks like they won't make it but obviously they must make it yo,everyone has their own battle you know what I mean,Zoro has his own fight,Sanji has his own fight and Carue the Chocobo has a heart bigger than most human being yo,he had one mission in mind and that is to bring Vivi to the destination yo.He could barely move or walk yet he had the ability to climb a mountain you know what I mean,even when Luffy said about Nakama put your hand out,not being a human being he remembered it yo. that was beautiful man I love how this anime has such a bond with these creatures,a reindeer with a Chocobo you know what I mean I find this beautiful yo,and it's not like they're trying to make a bond with a human and creature they're not trying they're making it successful in the eyes of the viewers if that makes sense you know what I mean because sometimes they try to make that bond in other anime but it won't work. But this is fucking working yo you know what I mean it makes you feel towards the creature yo.

Luffy tried all his moves against Crocodile he done all he can but he didn't lay a scratch so I don't believe Luffy can defeat him.
CHECK OUT YOUTUBE CHANNEL FOR GREATNESS : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjBB704NbCItpMA7VhSQmQg
Dec 16, 2019 11:01 PM

May 2016
Karoo got Vivi that far into the Capital despite getting trampled on and shot at all the while they were being chased by Bon Clay so it's great that he's finally gonna take a break now that Sanji's come to help.

Nami used the secret Joestar technique and it's hilariously effective!

As much as I'd love to call Usopp a hopeless dumbass for not taking things seriously and getting blown up for it, I'm looking forward to how he and Chopper will defeat them. A gun eating a devil fruit is some weird shit.

Mar 26, 2020 7:17 AM
Sep 2017
I honestly cried a little when Carue reached the top of the plateau.
Nov 17, 2020 2:21 PM
Oct 2017
-Celestial- said:

I totally forgot about Miss Goldenweek :000000

gfsdfgsdgsdfgs said:
Karoo saves the day again, twice. Have you ever respected a duck this much? I've said it before and I'll say it again, I've never respected animals as much as the ones in One Piece. These guys are some of the most lovable characters in the anime. He saw Vivi in danger and ran through being trampled, being shot, and even ran up a mountain sideways and flew. That's a real admirable display.

Sanji showing up to kick Bon Clay's ass was great. Him playing an active role is perfect, I've warmed up to him so much since we've reached Alabasta. The fight should be one of the cooler ones. I wasn't sure who would fight Bon Clay but Sanji's a good pick. I also didn't expect a fight to be three different devil fruit powers working together, and as childish the fight seems with Mr.4, Merry Christmas, and dog-gun, it's fun as hell. The preview made it look like we're going to get some manly Usopp moments too which will be nice, after letting Chopper see him like the coward he is he'll need to rebuild that admiration.

I had a brief thought in regards to Usopp while watching. In a philosophical sense Usopp may be the bravest straw hat. Aristotle believes that we should find the mean between vices to be virtuous and to do that one way is to go opposite to the vice that you lean to. For bravery the vices are cowardice and rashness. Usopp clearly leans to cowardice yet his goal is the ideal of the brave warrior of the sea, and in this way he tries to act as the rash person would. This allows him to go against his nature to act truly brave. That's something that someone like Zoro never has to do. He is permanently rash and only knows how to act by attacking everything head on. Someone like Luffy may be the perfect middle who has found the mean without needing to lean one way or the other, he may be Aristotle's virtuous person. I know this is 2deep and stuff but it's just a new way I realized I could look at character writing with, and I wonder if this pertains in other stories as much as it does here. Moral is, Usopp-san is the bravest man alive.

I literally am living for your reviews of each episode. You word things perfectly!
Nov 18, 2020 3:23 PM

Jun 2016
dagreatcatsby_ said:
I literally am living for your reviews of each episode. You word things perfectly!

I appreciate it!! Have fun with One Piece. ^_^
Nov 18, 2020 6:34 PM
Nov 2020
Latest update on one piece Things look hopeless for Usopp and Chopper, as they continue to suffer from every attack that Mr. 4's team makes. However, the tides may be beginning to turn as Usopp learns what it truly means to be a man. For more information visit:
https://oke.io/T9HUx2ZE
Nov 26, 2020 4:38 AM
Jul 2015
I'm starting to feel bored tbh, these "villains" are so stupid and irritating, just delete them
May 1, 2021 8:49 AM

Jun 2019
Mr. 4 sure is one hell of a batter.
Jul 17, 2021 5:30 AM
Apr 2021
Seriously, A gun ate the Devil's Fruit!? :O
Jul 28, 2021 1:44 PM

Mar 2017
Well that was a fun episode. Bonclaysama really cracks me up for some reason and Sanji is just a badman. Looking forward to seeing the rest of their fight. Also, I want a Duck like Karoo. He is just too cute xD
Jul 15, 2022 9:35 PM

Apr 2018
Man... I teared up seeing Karoo like that ;( </3

LOL! I called it! I knew #2 and Sanji will have leg fights xD!!

My gosh is Ms. Merry Xmas so annoying! Why are all the villains (except for Croc and Robin) so darn annoying to the core?

Oct 16, 2022 4:51 PM
Mar 2022
How do you get a gun to eat a fruit?

A mole-woman, a batter with explosive balls, and a dog who shoots said balls, that's a tough matchup!

Karou is mvp-ing, he's best birb indeed!

Things are really picking up, I'm super invested!
Oct 24, 2022 4:58 PM
Mar 2021
KARUUUUUUUUUUU ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ
Jan 7, 2023 2:53 PM
Nekogirl~

Mar 2014
That is rly a hard match up for usoppo in my eyes
Also hoooow did a gun EAT a devils fruit huh? I mean ... EAT .... that makes ... no sense NO SENSE even for this anime XD

Mar 3, 2023 5:13 AM

Feb 2021
Karoo really came in clutch ngl. The most useful side character in this arc imo. He has grown on me since the Whisky Peak arc.

Mr 4 and his partner's DF abilities are handy but weird. I mean how can that Mole Woman kidnap the king? She must have had to infiltrate the palace which means she had to dig through tons of concrete and stone slabs which is outlandish. But even if I ignore all that, what about the gun eating a DF? How is that even possible? How tf can a gun chew and ingest a DF??? Some things sure don't make sense in One Piece.
โ—‘ โ”โ”โ”โ”โ” โ–ฃ โ”โ”โ”โ”โ” โ—
"Everything I've witnessed... This whole system you have built has always rejected me. Now I'm ready to reject it. That's why I destroy. That's why I took this power for myself. Simple enough, yeah? I don't care if you don't understand... That's what makes us... Heroes and Villains."
โ—‘ โ”โ”โ”โ”โ” โ–ฃ โ”โ”โ”โ”โ” โ—
Apr 12, 2023 9:00 AM
Oct 2019
Captain Karoo MVP!!!

Poor Vivi
Sep 21, 2023 10:44 PM

May 2019
Chopper sure is learning a lot about baseball. Oh Karoo, you amazing duck.
Feb 16, 5:29 AM
May 2020
karoo greatest of all time
May 22, 6:58 PM

Nov 2015
I kinda hate the circumstances of Nami being useless, not with the navigation skills but if you're gonna hang out with pirates then... why you can't defend yourself? her shitty nagging to them should stop tbh because of this ๐Ÿ˜ž ik women don't shine in most Shounen out there but this is intolerable 2/5.

๐Ÿ’ข

Jun 17, 10:17 AM
ๆฐธ้ ใฎ้Š€้ญ‚

Jul 2012
karoo best boy, the duck squad are cute as heck
i’m actually pretty excited to see sanji and bon clay duke it out
and i’d enjoy usopp and chopper more as a duo if i didn’t have to be subjected to those baroque works agents, they’re annoying af

anime list โˆ˜ profile โˆ˜ manga list
Aug 21, 4:36 PM

Aug 2024
Carue is the MVP. true goat. The matchups are starting to set up perfectly. I suspect the next couple episodes is each straw hat vs there opposite in number agent.

More topics from this board

Poll: » One Piece Episode 594 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Wind_Sr - May 4, 2013

88 by TheAquilaSamurai »»
3 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 203 Discussion

VARIAchan - Jan 4, 2010

38 by Titanfan93 »»
3 hours ago

» The most attractive person in the show? ( 1 2 )

tommygunn34 - Sep 17

85 by NoMoreWallMaria »»
4 hours ago

» Copper lokes like stuff toy

Hickykissy - Today

8 by Ragon_Qc »»
4 hours ago

» First Look at Drum Island from "One Piece: Live-Action" TV Series.

Hickykissy - Sep 18

12 by Yoru_desu »»
4 hours ago
Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.