Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Overlord (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 4 5 [6]
May 20, 2016 10:34 PM

Oct 2008
A pretty boring ass episode, forced drama with no real idea of the reason behind it. Shalltear is a terrible and uninteresting character so there's little to no enjoyment watching her fight. On top of that she looks ridiculous in that armor. The fighting itself is also incredibly boring with really generic looking effects and tedious and over the top spell casting. Very little creativity with the fight choreography. As a drama it fails and as as spectacle it fails, so we're left with bland action with bland characters with presumably no stakes because there's no way Ains is losing. Seems like a bad way to end a series.
Jun 5, 2016 2:42 AM

Dec 2012
LMAO at the buffs.

Shalltear making Ainz work.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Jun 15, 2016 8:09 AM

Feb 2016
Ainz himself was like settings his buff for 2 mins or so. The fighiting itself it actually almost feels like you are watching a game where the main goal is to reduce the opponents hp etc.
Jul 15, 2016 1:25 PM

Apr 2013
Hmm not sure how to feel about this episode, Shalltear gets kinda annoying in her mind-controlled state and Ains was a bit disappointing :/
Aug 20, 2016 5:41 AM

Sep 2014
That's way too many buffs I'd say lol xD
Shalltear's damn strong, but that laughing is killing me.
Fight was decent but earlier fights were more exciting somehow. Ainz still has her number though seems.
Sep 25, 2016 3:11 PM
Jun 2016
Momonga-samaaaa, hahahaha , easy gg for ainz
Nov 29, 2016 4:36 PM
Nov 2016
triple optimized boosted magic
Jan 7, 2017 11:15 PM

Apr 2014
Ainz is ridiculously OP, but Shalltear is even more so. The fight felt rather anticlimatic, though it was still somewhat exciting. It sort of feels like the plot was thrown away for this arc and everything prior to this fight was just a minimal setup for it.
"The Bloody Valkyrie"? How about "CALLING-ATTACK CHUNNIS"?
ZeroDragonJan 7, 2017 11:20 PM
Jan 22, 2017 3:49 AM

Jun 2014
SHARK-NADO!
Bahahahaha

Kinda boring, but also kinda okay. They really didn't explain what was going on with Shalltear though...
Be sure to message me if you quoted me and want me to respond! Just give me a link to the forum, because usually I leave my comment, then leave the forum.
Mar 1, 2017 4:36 AM

Aug 2016
Damn never thought that Momonga would have trouble fighting her :P

Set by SenpieX
Mar 19, 2017 9:52 PM

Jun 2013
Shalltear was a lot stronger than I expected. I thought Ains was much stronger than all of the guardians.
Aug 11, 2017 6:04 AM

Jun 2016
That was an intense episode. I liked it, but I was really hoping their fight will end in this episode, and will not end in cliffhanger. I hope the last episode will not disappoint me. The last 2 episode kinda downgraded. Idk.

Last episode. Holy crap.

It honestly surprised me that Ains-sama didn't kill/defeat Shalltear easily since he's that powerful, and he got hit, and probably HURT A LOT. Ugh.

"Maybe he's trying to take a shit, but the shit just won't come out."
Captain Levi, 2014
(/^-^)/☆♪♪☆\(^0^\)
Oct 26, 2017 1:57 AM

Dec 2015
That was a really mediocre fight... Narberal's fight was much more exciting tbh. Also don't quite understand why Shalltear was designed to be so OP in comparison to the rest of the NPCs.
~
Oct 26, 2017 2:00 AM
Jul 2018
Touka__Kirishima said:
That was a really mediocre fight... Narberal's fight was much more exciting tbh. Also don't quite understand why Shalltear was designed to be so OP in comparison to the rest of the NPCs.
she isn't.
momonga is death class so he takes extra damage from light. also she can heal her self which is pretty common if you have played 1, any MMORPG... idk how you can compare narbelar's fight with this one but i can see that you're low with intelligence.
Oct 26, 2017 2:24 AM

Dec 2015
FruitlessJuice said:
Touka__Kirishima said:
she isn't.
momonga is death class so he takes extra damage from light. also she can heal her self which is pretty common if you have played 1, any MMORPG... idk how you can compare narbelar's fight with this one but i can see that you're low with intelligence.

Appear to have triggered a fanboy :c it just strikes me as strange an npc can have a "supreme being" fearing for his life. I know they tried to portray the fight in the theme of an MMORPG however it honestly felt like a glorified stone-throwing contest. At least Narbarel's fight wasn't this linear, she even had the wits to actually dodge attacks :o

Prim3Oct 26, 2017 2:30 AM
~
Oct 29, 2017 6:58 PM
Jun 2013
dam thats alot of buffs he activated for the battle. nice fight, but it always confuses me if these guardians know the whole mp and hp thing basically the game rules how do they not know this guy is just some nerd playing a game.
Nov 24, 2017 2:24 AM

Sep 2013
ConstantDenial said:
Touka__Kirishima said:
she isn't.

Any 2 fights can be compared. Let's see, you can compare

1) the animation of the fights
2) the level of excitement of the fights
3) how balanced the fights were
4) length of the fights

Want me to go on?
Nov 24, 2017 2:34 AM
Jul 2018
Torrible said:
ConstantDenial said:
she isn't.

Any 2 fights can be compared. Let's see, you can compare

1) the animation of the fights
2) the level of excitement of the fights
3) how balanced the fights were
4) length of the fights

Want me to go on?
yeah please go ahead.
Nov 25, 2017 5:15 AM

Apr 2009
Magic casters duking it out was awesome!

The Goal of All Life is Death is so philosophically sounding name but the obvious effect seems to be to turn the immediate surrounding into a desert with all that sand.
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Dec 20, 2017 4:27 PM

Dec 2016
Bruh how strong are the some of the rest of the Guardians if Shalltear was able to put up this good of a fight, at least this early on, against Momonga who also just spewed out a minute of buffs? Or is she just perfectly set up in ways that make her just specifically strong against Momonga?
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Feb 6, 2018 5:43 PM

Nov 2012
The fact that I didn't mind the awful pacing of this just shows how deep I have fallen into Shonen Hell.
Apr 18, 2018 10:55 AM

Feb 2013
Really great fight.
I hope Shalltear will go back to the guild after the fight.
Sep 11, 2018 12:40 PM

Nov 2016
The fight wasn't bad and I wonder what Ainz has up his sleeve.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Sep 26, 2018 1:15 AM
Sep 2016
Nooooo!!! Where are the Soul Eaters and the Skeleton Mercenaries, why aren't they animated *shiku shiki*. Oh well better re-read the novel.
Oct 6, 2018 1:32 AM

Aug 2017
What is Ainz planning? It seems that Shalltear is powerful. The fight and talk was weird.

Ainz's buffs LMAO.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Oct 25, 2018 10:54 AM

Dec 2014
now this was an epic episode that will lead to an ending
Nov 11, 2018 12:14 PM
Aug 2018
kyled00m said:
FallenUndead said:
I really dislike Shaltear and always have from the start so hopefully she truly dies next week
I like Shaltear. I'd say the only thing I'd change is the braw-stuffing part.

I wish Shalltear got more development overall
Apr 8, 2019 7:37 AM

Feb 2014
Well, maybe fights are not what's best of this anime or it just didn't suit my taste... but I think that fight would have much better if they didn't shout every spells name.
Jun 29, 2019 8:12 AM

Sep 2012
usually in this situation best weapon is 3 words i love u (its just usual cliche) 😂

there are meamy forms of love so don't jump to conclusion 😁

when anzil was in the woods swering that he makes the user of that world item pay i said what if its one of ur old comrads ur searching turned in to ur enemy

Sugram22Nov 22, 2019 3:43 AM
Feb 26, 2020 9:32 AM

Apr 2014
eso18 said:
I thought that it will be the last episode and watched with the thought that the battle will end, and here I got the cliffhanger and the end, see you next week.

All in all though, this anime is only 13 episodes and no matter what is happening in LN, I fell like the story is somewhat weak. While there is the great setting at the beginning, not much has happened during this anime, only Ains walked a little destroyed few weaklings on his way and now the hardest hard is against his subordinate... because he and his whole team are all so OP that only that fight can not end the second Ains gets serious. Still where is the conquer of the world, where is the army of skeletons cutting through people and burring their houses.

I thought I will see a little bit of that in this anime but nope. There is nothing at all and the evil Overlord so far is mostly the good guy. He saved the village, saved the city, defeated the bad guys. I starting to wonder why is this story called Overlord. Overlord is not the description of the good guy.

As for this battle... it's not like it's that great as well. They are just spamming skills one after another... very little tactics but just spells that are all named, "super something", "greater other thing", such additions just to make them sound more overpowered, while to me it sounds silly. The animation wasn't that great.

All in all, when it comes to VRMMORPG animes, I would say that this one fails short in comparison to other two stories. Even SAO had good parts about them like animation music and the fact that the story ended (what happens after aincrad is a filler jump for money).

After watching this anime, I don't really feel like picking up it's LN, even though I thought about it at the beginning. Maybe the last episode will change that but if they add a stupid cliffhanger at the end of it, then NO!

I can assure you.

There's way more of Ainz being evil in seasons 2 and 3.

As well as the rest of the novels.

Feb 26, 2020 9:41 AM

Apr 2014
AppoX said:
Really boring fight... pretty bad animation, bad effects. And wasn't Ains established as much much stronger than anyone in Nazarick? So this fight being so close makes no sense....

They outright say that Shalltear has several anti-undead skills, and most of Ainz's most powerful skills are summoning and instant kill moves, the former of which Shalltear's lance counters, the later of which she naturally resists.

So, it's got nothing to do with straight up strength, but more to do with one countering the other super hard.

Mar 11, 2021 1:58 PM

Sep 2012
Dragonage2ftw said:
eso18 said:
I thought that it will be the last episode and watched with the thought that the battle will end, and here I got the cliffhanger and the end, see you next week.

All in all though, this anime is only 13 episodes and no matter what is happening in LN, I fell like the story is somewhat weak. While there is the great setting at the beginning, not much has happened during this anime, only Ains walked a little destroyed few weaklings on his way and now the hardest hard is against his subordinate... because he and his whole team are all so OP that only that fight can not end the second Ains gets serious. Still where is the conquer of the world, where is the army of skeletons cutting through people and burring their houses.

I thought I will see a little bit of that in this anime but nope. There is nothing at all and the evil Overlord so far is mostly the good guy. He saved the village, saved the city, defeated the bad guys. I starting to wonder why is this story called Overlord. Overlord is not the description of the good guy.

As for this battle... it's not like it's that great as well. They are just spamming skills one after another... very little tactics but just spells that are all named, "super something", "greater other thing", such additions just to make them sound more overpowered, while to me it sounds silly. The animation wasn't that great.

All in all, when it comes to VRMMORPG animes, I would say that this one fails short in comparison to other two stories. Even SAO had good parts about them like animation music and the fact that the story ended (what happens after aincrad is a filler jump for money).

After watching this anime, I don't really feel like picking up it's LN, even though I thought about it at the beginning. Maybe the last episode will change that but if they add a stupid cliffhanger at the end of it, then NO!

I can assure you.

There's way more of Ainz being evil in seasons 2 and 3.

As well as the rest of the novels.

not that evil but Anti-hero lvl of evil
Aug 21, 2021 10:55 AM

Jun 2016
Couldn't tell if that battle was decent or not. It was basically just a bunch of spells names with special effects attached. Barely could tell what some of the spells actually did (spells like Shark Cyclone are self-explanatory, lol) or how powerful/effective it was. I guess it was just too fast-paced.

I'll give them props tho, they made that fight last near enough 75% of the episode. One ep left to go now.

Feb 12, 2022 5:23 AM

Jan 2021
Shalltear has the most annoying ability - healing

I hope Ains beats her next episode
Jun 29, 2022 9:42 PM

Oct 2021
That fight was lit, so many goddamn buffs lol, the floor guardians were really close to being as strong as Ainz tho clearly he's higher than them but just Shalltear alone pushed him that far...
Inside of me you’re still living
Each time I think of you pain, suffering, sorrow, despair
You’re just an emotional decay, the one who took my life away
Jul 19, 2022 5:07 PM

Jan 2019
Did Ainz just unironically cast a Sharknado?

Jul 25, 2022 10:41 AM

Mar 2021
Meh I really dislike fights that are basically "RANDOM BULLSHIT GO!!"

Spamming bland spells is just boring

Dec 23, 2022 5:09 PM

Nov 2010
That was a decent fight.
I'm still wondering why those people went through all the trouble of controlling Shalltear and left her there. Unless they got massacred and then eaten by her familiars? or did she absorb them subconsciously? Hmm...
Dec 30, 2022 8:38 AM

Mar 2022
That was quite the intense fight between Shalltear and Momonga, a lot of buffs and spells being thrown this way and that way. I don't understand what's the problem with Shalltear's armour during that fight, I actually quite like it. Wonder how the fight's gonna end. Surprised she can hold her own against him even though Momonga is meant to be the stronger one of the two. 
Jan 25, 2023 11:50 AM
EOussama

Dec 2016
She really kept him on his toes.
Dec 10, 2023 7:04 AM
Jul 2018
Well this was a disappointment. (Spy, TF2)
Feb 9, 8:31 PM

Jul 2023
a much better battle than the loosided Clementine. I believe Ains have some tricks up his sleeves.
Pages (6) « First ... « 4 5 [6]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Overlord Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 29, 2015

434 by hanakocheeks »»
Sep 2, 2:25 AM

Poll: » Overlord Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 1, 2015

405 by hanakocheeks »»
Sep 1, 5:34 AM

Poll: » Overlord Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 28, 2015

332 by hanakocheeks »»
Sep 1, 12:29 AM

Poll: » Overlord Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 7, 2015

371 by hanakocheeks »»
Aug 31, 8:13 AM

Poll: » Overlord Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 11, 2015

253 by MrList »»
Jun 28, 3:42 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.