Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Sep 23, 2017 4:07 PM

Nov 2013
No I like meat and wasn't indoctrinated into caring about animals that aren't cute. I had a veggie burger once and it was nasty.

I can see you

Sep 23, 2017 4:15 PM

Jun 2012
I'm vegan. I don't have much experience with vegan cheese and I don't really buy "vegan food", just basic foodstuffs that are naturally vegan (with exceptions mainly when I'm travelling). Well, I order some delicious rice milk chocolate from Austria on occasion but foodwise I actually have very rustic habits.

Things to top pasta with: too much to list...
No, but seriously, I make delicious stews in about 1-1½ hour and very tasty stews/sauces in half an hour.
For pasta I can recommend cooking red lentils, tomato pulp and some bay leaf in a pot while you very slowly fry a bunch of sliced onions, lacinato kale (or spinach or broccoli or whatever greens you like), some red chili and chopped garlic in a pan. Season with fennel seeds, fresh ground black pepper, mace, allspice and sage. Add it to the pot and serve it on top of penne, al dente.
I mostly eat rice dishes though.
Sep 23, 2017 4:16 PM

Sep 2009
My vegetarian friend tells me that if he were vegan, he'd wouldn't be able to eat at 99% of restaurants and that he'd never be able to travel to 99% of places people like to travel to (unless he wanted to starve or eat really crappy food).
Meat in Japan is pretty expensive (so most of them are almost vegetarian already), and hunting endangered whales n' stuff is OK, so it's not surprising that veganism isn't a thing.
Be thankful for the wisdom granted to you.
Sep 23, 2017 4:21 PM

Jun 2016
In the wild they're called herbivores, herbivores have collective hiveminds and live to be prey for the carnivores.

"The weak should fear the strong."
-Sam Hyde
Sep 23, 2017 4:51 PM
Apr 2016
I was a vegan for about a year. It was much, much cheaper than eating a balanced diet, but I got tired of having to question every meal at every restaurant. Nowadays, I eat plenty of dairy and fish, but not very much red meat. As said above, the vast majority of non-vegan restaurants will never have vegan food available.

Vegan cheese tastes alright...not as good as the real thing, but it does taste like cheese. It's processed crap, though, so I would avoid it. I'd also avoid products fortified with calcium, as calcium carbonate/sulfate etc. are linked to heart conditions. I think tofu tastes horrible, so I avoided that as well. My lunches and dinners were usually rice/pasta + lentils/kidney beans + lots and lots of vegetables.
Apr 22, 2018 9:35 PM

May 2013
I've heard many Japanese are going vegetarian, which I can understand, honestly it'd be great if I could go vegetarian.

Veganism I don't understand, however, just a matter of conflicting codes of ethics. From what I have read though, veganism is impossible, because in order to survive, vegans need a particular supplement, however, the nutrients thereof are found only in animals. If there are any vegans here, please inform me of the validity of that.
ポリスマンファック
Apr 22, 2018 10:26 PM

Mar 2018
Been full plant based for 6-7 years... Don't even remember why I started in the first place.

Probably since I'm Italian my diet was already 99% plant since the beginning, going full plant based was just natural for me.

I have no doubts about my diet, but sometimes I question myself if vegan is a good term to describe me, my emphathy and morale has never been over the top and in the end veganism has nothing to do with diet, its just an ethical social movement, being plant based is just a secondary thing
caused by it.

MetusBatman said:

I would only ask why are you a vegan? I only agree with vegans who do it for moral reasons, such as the mistreatment of animals. However if you knew you could get real cheese from well kept animals, or eggs from well kept animals, would you? Human beings have been eating meat for a very, very long time.

No one can just go from not eating any animal product back to cheese and eggs, that would cause an incredible stomachache.

MelGibson said:

veganism is impossible, because in order to survive, vegans need a particular supplement, however, the nutrients thereof are found only in animals. If there are any vegans here, please inform me of the validity of that.

You are talking about vitamins D3/D2 or B12, D3 and D2 are produced by the skin from sunlight or found in mooshrooms and algae. B12 is found in every fermented food in existance.

If you are worried about vitamins buy a 0.70€ packet of multi-vitamins, take on pill a day in a glass of water..
EkaenApr 22, 2018 11:55 PM
Apr 22, 2018 11:48 PM

Dec 2016
Ekaen said:
Been full plant based for 6-7 years... Don't even remember why I started in the first place.

Probably since I'm Italian my diet was already 99% plant since the beginning, going full plant based was just natural for me.

Really? Same for us. Our diets consist mostly of greens, veggies and fruits, so it always astounds me when Americans whine about vegans eating rabbit food. Like, son. Just bc you have a limited imagination doesn't mean that other people survive by eating grass. Smh.
Apr 22, 2018 11:55 PM

Apr 2018
Almost any food with the word vegan in front of it is nasty and faster like garbage, so I'm strictly a pescatarian probably forever.

Apr 27, 2018 7:38 AM
Jul 2018
i like veganism because it's a much healthy diet but when people talk about "cows feelings" and stuff like that it's starting to piss me off
Apr 27, 2018 8:21 AM

Oct 2016
I really respect vegans but I don' think I could ever become one. I don't care about my diet or animals enough to actually change my life style- altough I do apreciate their passion and determination.
Apr 27, 2018 9:12 AM
Dec 2016
traed said:
Almond Milk is good

Almond Milk yum
Cardamom Milk yum
Saffron Milk yum

Yum yum yum

😋
"You are what your deep, driving desire is. As your desire is, so is your will. As your will is, so is your deed. As your deed is, so is your destiny. " -Brihdaranyak Upanishad
Apr 27, 2018 9:18 AM

Jan 2018
I can eat vegan food but I'll eat meat too because it's delicious. Try grasshopper, they are not meaty
ヽ( ͝° ͜ʖ͡°)ノ.
Apr 27, 2018 12:32 PM

Dec 2014
I do appreciate veganism in some ways, but I'm not one, nor know any.
Today they say you're crazy, tomorrow they will say you're a genious.
Apr 27, 2018 4:45 PM

Mar 2008
HaanFrost said:
traed said:
Almond Milk is good

Almond Milk yum
Cardamom Milk yum
Saffron Milk yum

Yum yum yum

😋

Never had those other ones or seen them. I have had almond milk, soy milk (but don't remember the taste), coconut milk, cashew milk, and macadamia milk. I also have seen wheat milk and also rice milk is available.

Also off topic since it's an animal, I have had goats milk.
Jul 19, 2019 3:44 AM
Jul 2019
cool and respectful discussion (for the most part)! Am a vegetarian but hope to go vegan in the coming years. Anime creators out there...would be pretty cool to make an anime including characters or related to the philosophy of veganism.
Jul 20, 2019 12:36 PM

Jul 2011
I've been a vegan for 10 years now and I have to say that I won't change my way of living. I don't encourage anyone to be vegan nor do I criticize people for consuming animal products.

Jul 20, 2019 8:42 PM
YouTuber / VA

Aug 2017
If we get to a point within my lifetime where artificial animal product technology (mostly food) is advanced enough and cheap enough I will happily go vegan (even if it means having to work out more to work off all those carbs) as it would certainly be the only moral choice at that point. But for now until then I'll continue to be a cold blooded keto killer mostly thriving on dead animal carcasses.
Jul 21, 2019 1:53 AM
Jul 2018
im vegan but i have cheat days where i can eat animals from monday-friday and also on weekends. some people have said im a "hero" or "morally superior" but im really just trying to give back to the community
Jul 21, 2019 3:02 AM
Jul 2018
no vegan is doing it for the animals, they do it because it make them feel good/superior.
Jul 21, 2019 3:07 AM
May 2019
Not a fan of vegans they are very elitistic and constantly want to forced their lifestyle on others at least that is my experience with them. I rather just stay away from them altogether. Of course I'm generalizing here I'm sure there are some who are OK I just haven't met them yet.
Jun 5, 2020 1:56 AM

May 2018
I am a vegetarian since 12 years and became vegan one year ago, glad to see that there are some other ones on this site too.
Jun 5, 2020 2:03 AM

Aug 2018
I'm a vegan except on weekdays and weekends
_______I like rocks__
Jun 5, 2020 2:47 AM
Jul 2018
I don't care.
Some vegans are just holier than thou-pricks sitting on their high horse.
If they don't act like that, I don't care what they eat or don't.
Jun 6, 2020 3:25 AM

Jun 2015
Mariko-kun314 said:
I am a vegetarian since 12 years and became vegan one year ago, glad to see that there are some other ones on this site too.

I stopped eating meat in 2011. I'm not 100% vegan, but I'm getting there :)

Jun 6, 2020 3:56 AM

Sep 2009
being an omnivore is cheaper in my country...
vegetarian or vegan is expensive here...
Jun 9, 2020 8:35 AM

Apr 2020
Naaaaaaah veganism is trash , think of becoming vegetarian is like nightmare but vegan is too much no milk and dairy products 😣😫☹️
I don't eat meat that much because veggies taste better in my country but i wish to eat what I like except beef.
Jun 9, 2020 8:51 AM

Jul 2014
Katapullt said:
TheArchangels said:
Sounds terrible imo

how did you bypass the character limit??

There wasn't a character limit at that time.
Jun 9, 2020 8:55 AM

Aug 2019
Murau said:
Katapullt said:

how did you bypass the character limit??

There wasn't a character limit at that time.
my bad, didn't notice the date of this thread
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Soft Cats or Furry Cats?

KittenCuddler - 7 hours ago

13 by Loyal_Sheepling »»
24 minutes ago

» are nukes are the reason ww3 didn't started?

Cielord - Yesterday

21 by LoveYourSmile »»
39 minutes ago

» What are the benefits of using 7 feet Rotavator

Mahirakaur - 3 hours ago

1 by Zettaiken »»
2 hours ago

» When did you first experience heartbreak in a romantic sense?

MeanMrMusician - Jun 4

16 by Mayahuel »»
2 hours ago

» Is hating on Japan cool on the internet? ( 1 2 )

Ahegyao - Apr 16, 2020

93 by Zarutaku »»
3 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.