Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 31, 2009 11:45 PM

Jul 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
This is pretty entertaining, we actually got a good battle in our hands. It's good to see Sango defeating one of the enemy when you wouldn't think she has the capability to do it^^ Miroku's kazāna on the other is also pretty awesome :D I have to say though, it's very unlikely for Inuyasha to even surpass his father even if he wanted to because he's not a full demon but Sesshoumaru may be able to do it as time goes by.
Aug 15, 2010 5:57 PM

Dec 2008
5 out of 5: Loved it! (your vote)

This 2 hour movie was better than all 167 eps of the show!!
Dec 16, 2010 12:44 PM

Feb 2009
Definitely my favorite of the movies, and ranks higher then most of the episodes. That scene at the Sacred Tree was absoloutly beautiful.

Got a bit emotional at the scene where Kirara was bashing herself into the tree :(
Dec 18, 2011 9:59 PM

Oct 2011
what's with the animation? its more Disney like than anime.
Aug 20, 2012 11:27 PM

Apr 2011
Enjoyed the part where they were communicating through the sacred tree and shes in the snow.. Really added a second dimension to the movie.
May 10, 2014 1:02 PM

Jul 2008
Forgetfulness said:
However, some plot events bothered me. Like Kagome making the sacred arrow out of the tree felt like BS

if u really were paying attention u would have noticed and realized its the same arrowhead she cut her finger on in the past. And yes It was the same arrowhead that stuck inuyasha to the tree 500 years ago of course its still gona be there
After I Crush Your Dreams......
Your Bones Will Follow......
Dec 25, 2014 3:31 PM

Apr 2012
Never seen the show but found this quite entertaining. The action was good and so were the characters.

They built up the main villain so much though, but the final defeat of him was still fairly satisfying (maybe since I've never seen a single episode, I give them a bit of leeway). Just expected some colourful entertainment, which it provided.

Could see absolutely no purpose in Inuyasha's brother being in this though, saying he was going to kill him, to never be seen again. Just confusing for non-fans and serving no purpose otherwise.
Jun 12, 2016 10:36 PM
Ceasefire NOW

Aug 2009
Pretty nice movie, liked the scene with Kagome and InuYasha in the snow.
Jun 15, 2016 9:37 AM

Aug 2013
This was an okay movie, had some nice moments but nothing too crazy, I personally would've liked more Sesshomaru. Speaking of Sesshomaru he didn't seem to have Tokijin despite this movie seemingly taking place after the arc where he get's it as the credit's would suggest. and Inuyasha using the backlash wave at the end of the film.
Sep 15, 2018 11:56 AM

Jul 2017
This movie could have been a lot shorter, like 20 mins shorter. I really felt like stuff was dragged out, especially near the end. The evil moth guy looked kind of cool; I like the colors. After watching this, I realize that I don't really like Inuyasha that much (especially compared with watching Mewtwo Returns and realizing that Pokemon was pretty decent).
Jan 13, 2019 5:13 AM
Aug 2018
After which episode should I watch this?
May 12, 2019 5:29 PM
May 2019
domskieeee said:

After episode 55.
May 14, 2019 12:50 PM
Aug 2018
arifinbali said:
domskieeee said:

After episode 55.
arifinbali said:
domskieeee said:

After episode 55.

Thank you my guyyyy
Aug 4, 2019 11:35 AM

Jun 2017
Because of this movie, I finally know that Myoga was actually a flea. I thought he was a mosquito all along!

She got him back. If you understand the characters well enough, you'd know she did!
Aug 24, 2019 12:14 PM

Jul 2015
Thought they would go for a slow start in the first half in the movie, since the series is also dragging things most of the time. But it actually suprised me that they went straight into the action
Noticed this but why every time (series and movie) Kogame is under possesion, she tries to shoot Inuyasha the same way he was sealed.

Dec 27, 2019 6:55 PM

Aug 2017
Touching scene between Kagome and Inuyasha in the tree. Pretty decent.
Mar 1, 2020 5:14 AM
Jan 2020
My dad downloaded this movie for me to watch last year, i enjoyed it a lot. I didn’t even know there was a TV series because the Movie was so easy for an outsider to understand.
Jun 4, 2020 8:39 PM

Apr 2017
I had to split this movie in half while watching it but I didn't really like it.

It was long but still felt kind of rushed. I think I might watch it again to give it another shot.
Awoo :3
Oct 18, 2020 6:32 AM

Dec 2007
i have so many things to say about the movie, i hope i will remember to write it all.

first of all, the story, there's bold intention to make the movie connect to the series though not to be canon, but still to make the movie like another episode on the series, you can see it through in sessshomaru and kikyo first encounter they made, and making hyuga like ryukutsei in ep53-54 that sealed by inuyasha's father to make character development, it's good and all but... it's not working, and the main reason for that is the fact that such big monster demon would sure would be caught in naraku's eyes, i actually kinda excepted them to make confrontation between menomaru and naraku, but they didn't do it, and secondly because the group doesn't act the same way as in the anime - in the anime they make more preparations and thinking before doing anything reckless (except maybe inuyasha), but here sango despite being human just went to save kirara because she must save her.

what more annoyed me with the fact of making the movie to be part of the original story, is the fact that except using the characters and the background of inuyasha, it felt rather usual shounen orthodox movie pattern, though inuyasha is kinda of unorthodox shounen, and that's begin when kagome "released" herself from menomaru control, though to could be excused, it continued with kirara case too, that being released from their control with "the power of their friendship", i will add and say that despite claiming to do sango and kirara side story, we don't see it much at all, instead getting little more of their friendship we get straight away more action.

the foe, menomaru, unlike usual inuyasha treatment on the enemy with good character development, isn't developed at all, all the movie you get to hear him only say: "you are half demon!" "demons and human can't work together!" and such, another typical shounen movie villain without any ideology.

on the other hand we get some inuyasha and kaguma development, and so were the group chemistry, i'm not saying it's bad, it were really good, but the problem were the fact they could do some development on the foe too.

the animation were nice, the character design too, only when it's from afar or overall view, but the minute it's becoming profile view, it's really horrible and look like fanart, seriously.

the OST haven't changed much from the series, and if there were new tracks, i didn't noticed, what i did noticed though, it's overuse of the OST in the movie, not that i don't like it, but i excepted more from the film..

though that all, the movie still were very enjoyable, the story though it's downs, is pretty good and directed very well, especially that last battle.
7/10
Nov 30, 2020 2:52 PM
Apr 2016
Meh, hated how the main antagonist felt incredibly filler-ish (even though this is... filler). The jokes weren't impressive either compared to the original. The only praise I can really give it is the animation.

5/10
Apr 7, 2021 12:27 PM

Feb 2012
The brainwashing of Kilala would give a hint that Menomaru's side would do the same to Kagome later on. With Ruri copying Miroku's wind tunnel I wanted the heroes to use the bees against the villains for once! Though we got Miroku looking at his possible fate with Ruri being swallowed up by her own wind tunnel thinking enlarging it would give her edge over Miroku.

Drawing the parallels between Menomaru turning Inuyasha and Kagome with what Naraku once did to to Inuyasha and Kikyo. Except this time, Inuyasha knew it wasn't the fault of the one he loved.

Kikyo's rather hypocritical cursing Menomaru for stealing souls (which is what she's been doing) or is she making a distinction betwen souls that are already dead?

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
Nov 7, 2021 1:35 PM

Apr 2013
Pretty much what you would expect from a generic movie to a show.
Mar 21, 2022 5:22 AM

Jul 2012
That funny moment when Kagome jump , then Miroku ask Sango to jump too 🤣

May 24, 2022 11:54 PM

Nov 2010
Decent movie. The funny moments between Sango & Miroku / Kagome & Inuyasha is amusing as usual. 7/10
Aug 14, 2022 11:50 PM

Jan 2018
So this movie uses cel animation. Interesting. That must've been costly. At least it looks nice. The new character design tries to be more faithful to the manga but I don't think it works well, especially on Kagome... It just made me appreciate the TV anime redesign more. However, the actual animation and fight scenes were good.

The highlight of the movie was Kagome vs Inuyasha fight scene for me. That's something that you'd probably never see in the TV series. So it was really cool. And the tree scene was also touching.

The worst part of this movie is probably the villain who's just a generic demon with no motivations or ideologies like someone already said here. And the story itself feels rushed. But since this is just a 100-minute movie there's not much room to complain about it. And even more so because this movie isn't canon.

I liked how they repurposed the arrowhead from the very first episode though. Even though it doesn't make much sense because in episode 1 when Kagome pulled out the arrow from Inuyasha it immediately disintegrated.

I enjoyed this movie but not as much as the 2nd one which I accidentally watched first.
May 4, 7:13 AM

Feb 2019
The best part about this movie remains the interactions between the main characters, especially Inuyasha and Kagome.

Kagome in a miko dress was not something I thought I needed to see <3

Love it when Kagome and Inuyasha have their pointless arguments like when Kagome blew up the roots of the tree'

Lol when Miroku asked Sango to jump into his arms and she just threw her shoulder pad at him

Loved the last scene with Kagome getting angry because Inuyasha liked not the tamagoyaki but the takuan lol
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.