Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 13, 2014 5:43 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Meh, a step back from episode 10. Well, there's the holiday spirit I guess of the Winter Season. Yet, there's also this hollow mood and strange atmosphere..

Oh well, at least we'll get more singing soon.
Sep 13, 2014 1:07 PM
Jul 2018
It was so meh, Kazami went shopping with his friends for their Winter season holiday mood.
Sep 13, 2014 3:04 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Wow that's sad ;_; Poor Kakeru coming across the hate letters to Shounen Hollywood, I can see why he's so depressed. Still, he didn't have to make his negativity so obvious, although he wasn't as bad as Shun or Kira when they were talking to Makki. Makki is a great leader, he has a positive attitude and works hard to make their concert a success. I was really annoyed at Shun and Kira when they kept shooting Makki down, saying where is he getting all this confidence from. The things they said to Makki and the things they do are different (how they kept practicing anyways). I wish they could've just gotten along with Makki or say that even if there won't be many people going, they'll still put on a great show for those that did or something. Where is the team work in this idol group??? Hopefully Kakeru gets his act together next episode, after he saw how much Makki had been trying to advertise for their concert.
Sep 13, 2014 3:20 PM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
Hangnail talk in the beginning was very reflective to the daily life. That was neatly done under 40 seconds!

What happened to Shun and Kira this episode? Damn, they were really mean at Ikuma.
Ultimately, this and Kakeru's negative mindset brings down the team..

Ow, come on. I wanted to see how Kana-chan looks like. (Kakeru's friend's girlfriend). Not fair only those 2 got to see her picture..

Good seeing Ikuma trying his best to pass out the flyers, though it wasn't really effective. Felt a little bad for him..

Good episode. I like how the President is just being so neutral, as if he knows everything will be fine in the end somehow.
Hopefully, they'll pull off the concert well though.

Sep 13, 2014 3:23 PM

Apr 2014
I would buy all the tickets if I could ;v; The 'fan' letters broke my heart.

Hang in there guysss don't be so down!
tingy said:
Where is the team work in this idol group???

I guess they're stressed out and whatnot, which is why they've been taking it out on each other... unfortunately.
Sep 13, 2014 8:04 PM

May 2012
Sad episode :(

But I like the hangnail talk! Although, I was confused with Shun and Kira. They keep on going against the very positive Makki so I was thinking that they don't want the show to go on. But at the end they were still practicing. Maybe it was because as they mentioned, they do not want to embarrass themselves. hhhmm...
rebelakumaSep 13, 2014 8:07 PM
Sep 13, 2014 9:36 PM
Aug 2011
I wouldn't call this series bad but i've lost all interest in it, just holding on for completion's sake at this point.

Such shame since some of the earlier episodes did truly reel me in.
Sep 14, 2014 10:55 AM
Aug 2014
Guess Kira shouldn't be in the group. Even though there should be antagonist in every anime but i've hated two-faced more than antagonist. Kira's definitely two-faced person and i'd rather drop this rather than getting irritated every time i see him. Though i'm gonna miss Kakeru and Maki...
Sep 14, 2014 10:54 PM
Aug 2014
Makki is the star of the episode. He's too awesome.

Shaniyaz said:
What happened to Shun and Kira this episode? Damn, they were really mean at Ikuma.
Being horrible and ugly people as always. Nothing new.

Edge01 said:
Guess Kira shouldn't be in the group. Even though there should be antagonist in every anime but i've hated two-faced more than antagonist. Kira's definitely two-faced person and i'd rather drop this rather than getting irritated every time i see him. Though i'm gonna miss Kakeru and Maki...
Word. Kira is such a horrible person and a despicable character.

rebelakuma said:
Although, I was confused with Shun and Kira. They keep on going against the very positive Makki so I was thinking that they don't want the show to go on. But at the end they were still practicing. Maybe it was because as they mentioned, they do not want to embarrass themselves. hhhmm...
They are obviously doing it for their selfish reasons for themselves. The only guys who really care for the group are Maki and Tommy.
Sep 14, 2014 11:31 PM
Jun 2012
rebelakuma said:
Although, I was confused with Shun and Kira. They keep on going against the very positive Makki so I was thinking that they don't want the show to go on. But at the end they were still practicing.

When the situation is looking bad and everyone is stressed, tempers tend to flare. And not everyone appreciates a wishful thinker, especially when they know effort is needed to success. They may have been harsh, but it seems it got through to him, since he was handing out homemade flyers at the end.
Sep 15, 2014 4:57 AM
Aug 2014
Helpme said:
When the situation is looking bad and everyone is stressed, tempers tend to flare. And not everyone appreciates a wishful thinker, especially when they know effort is needed to success. They may have been harsh, but it seems it got through to him, since he was handing out homemade flyers at the end.
Times like this brings out the true nature of people. Kira and Shun are ugly in the inside and it showed. Stressed or not, what they did is very disrespectful. Tommy is also stressed but we don't see him venting on others.
Sep 15, 2014 9:10 AM

May 2014
@Aeshiryzen
People aren't ideals, and this show reflects that, they are despicable, but in a very human manner, rather than for the sake of it, depicted as awful characters, even if you think such. Shun is just as stressed, he's a perfectionist, he doesn't appreciate Makki's delusional attitude unfortunately, he doesn't accept it, because he doesn't see it.
Kira on the other hand holds a more experienced, if cynical view on the matter, that they shouldn't have high hopes for a big audience.

However Kakeru has taken the letters at heart and he's depressed. It's not like this whole ordeal was wobbly for him to begin with. Him, out of everyone needs convincing to perform for himself and for the group.
Sep 15, 2014 2:59 PM

Oct 2011
Makki OMG T__T
Sep 15, 2014 5:02 PM
Aug 2014
T3hSource said:
@Aeshiryzen
People aren't ideals, and this show reflects that, they are despicable, but in a very human manner, rather than for the sake of it, depicted as awful characters, even if you think such. Shun is just as stressed, he's a perfectionist, he doesn't appreciate Makki's delusional attitude unfortunately, he doesn't accept it, because he doesn't see it.
Kira on the other hand holds a more experienced, if cynical view on the matter, that they shouldn't have high hopes for a big audience.
Yeah, it was realistic, and something I appreciate in the show. And also for that same reason that I formed my opinion on them; because I put myself in their shoes.

Getting depressed and voicing disagreement is one thing. How they did it is very uncalled for. That is my opinion as a human being socializing with other people. In a nutshell, based on portrayal, Kira and Shun are probably the kinds of people I don't want to work with. Not to mention this is not the first time they showed questionable attitude and actions.
Sep 17, 2014 2:10 PM

Jul 2012
I really do like how realistic this show is, but dang... Shun and Kira were too much. I felt hurt hearing what they said to Makki, rofl. Really uncalled for. Kinda irritated me how Kira was asking why Makki decided to "suddenly" start being a leader now when he's the "worst" in the group. Okay, then when did you want Makki to start being a leader?? At least he was trying to be positive in a good way. How could the group get any better if the leader stays down in the dumps? It's his job to keep everything going.

I was always okay with Shun, but never really liked Kira... Anyways, really gotta hand it to Makki, he's a great guy. He's trying so hard. Even though they're all frustrated, you don't see Tomii acting like that.

There's never a time where it's okay to just start bashing on someone, in this case, Makki. Being a leader is indeed difficult and burdensome... Hope everything gets better next episode. Interesting how there wasn't a preview for next week.
kayune_Sep 17, 2014 10:40 PM
Sep 18, 2014 4:11 AM
Jun 2012
atsumu said:
I really do like how realistic this show is, but dang... Shun and Kira were too much. I felt hurt hearing what they said to Makki, rofl. Really uncalled for.

I don't think it was uncalled for. He was being exceedingly selfish.

Now, they could have done in it in a much better way, but they're a bunch of stressed out teenage boys. If they had been all smooth it would have broken suspension of disbelief, especially in a realistic show like this.
Sep 20, 2014 5:57 PM
Aug 2014
Helpme said:
atsumu said:
I really do like how realistic this show is, but dang... Shun and Kira were too much. I felt hurt hearing what they said to Makki, rofl. Really uncalled for.

I don't think it was uncalled for. He was being exceedingly selfish.

Now, they could have done in it in a much better way, but they're a bunch of stressed out teenage boys. If they had been all smooth it would have broken suspension of disbelief, especially in a realistic show like this.
Care to explain how is that selfish?

Being a stressed teenage boy is not an excuse, not all teenage boys acts like that.
AeshiryzenSep 20, 2014 6:11 PM
Sep 21, 2014 11:05 AM
Jun 2012
Aeshiryzen said:

Pretending no problem exists makes him feel good for the moment, but won't solve anything.
Sep 25, 2014 8:57 PM
Aug 2014
Helpme said:
Aeshiryzen said:

Pretending no problem exists makes him feel good for the moment, but won't solve anything.
He's simply trying to be positive, albeit naive, but his actions did not show any ill intentions or selfishness on his end. If anything, Kira and Shun are the ones who are acting more selfish.
AeshiryzenSep 25, 2014 9:03 PM
Sep 27, 2014 3:00 PM

Jul 2012
Wow, that made me kind of depressed at the end. :(
Oct 5, 2014 11:39 AM

May 2010
Hmmm not impressed with Kira and Shun in this episode, but I know this was done to make the show more realistic. Overall, I liked it.
Sep 2, 2015 5:33 PM

Jan 2014
This was much better than the last episode
Jul 1, 2023 2:45 AM

Feb 2020
Meh episode again.

Poor Kakeru. He was really depressed after he saw those hate letters.

Shun and Kira were quite unfair towards Makki.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shounen Hollywood: Holly Stage for 49 Episode 13 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 27, 2014

25 by Serafos »»
Jul 3, 2023 12:48 AM

Poll: » Shounen Hollywood: Holly Stage for 49 Episode 12 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 20, 2014

14 by Serafos »»
Jul 2, 2023 2:51 AM

Poll: » Shounen Hollywood: Holly Stage for 49 Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 6, 2014

27 by Serafos »»
Jun 29, 2023 11:52 PM

Poll: » Shounen Hollywood: Holly Stage for 49 Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 30, 2014

16 by Serafos »»
Jun 29, 2023 2:33 AM

Poll: » Shounen Hollywood: Holly Stage for 49 Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 23, 2014

15 by Serafos »»
Jun 27, 2023 2:46 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.