Edit Anime Information

Type: TV
Status: Currently Airing
Aired: Jan 7, 2017 to Mar 25, 2017
Premiered: Winter 2017
Broadcast: Saturdays at 01:55 (JST)
Licensors: Aniplex of America
Studios: A-1 Pictures
Source: Manga
Duration: 24 min. per ep.
Rating: PG-13 - Teens 13 or older

mollysavill
Jan 27, 2017
So now that we're the first quarter of the way through, I have decided to write a short review on the newest season of Blue Exorcist.

SPOILERS FOR SEASON 1 + SEASON 2 BELOW.

First things first, if you have watched the first season, this is NOT a direct continuation. Disregard everything about Yukio being half Satan, as that shit isn't a thing, it's pure filler. This is a continuation of episode 17 of the first season, so everyone is still preeeetty pissed at Rin for you know, being the son of the worst being in the universe, nearly killing 'em all. It happens.

STORY: 8/10

The story is read more
Veteris
Feb 4, 2017
Spoilers ahead.

Second season of the first season of Ao no Exorcist, aired in 2011. I waited 5 years for a second season AND FINALLY, THE DID IT BUT IS ONLY 12 EPISODES. Ao no exorcist was my first anime (not going to count Doraemon and shit because everyone has seen them) and I liked it a lot. But when they went batshit crazy with the things of "Yuki is a demon too and he can use the flames" or "Hello, I'm Rin and Yuki's grandfather" it was pretty shitty. So if you watched the first season and didn't read the manga you are going to read more
anime7103
Feb 18, 2017
I want to begin first by saying the animation on this season amazing , probably at the level of the new fate night series or even better.

I love the fact that with this new season the have completely erased all the filler stuff (episode 17 onwards) they made up in the first season which downgraded the anime from A+ to B-. They are now sticking to the source material which, in my option always works best.
*SIDE NOTE*: if you get confused as to what is happening in the new season due to the cut and its read more