Edit Anime Information

Episodes: Unknown
Status: Currently Airing
Aired: Apr 2, 2016 to ?
Premiered: Spring 2016
Broadcast: Saturdays at 12:00 (JST)
Producers: Sanrio
Duration: 1 min.
Rating: PG - Children

Jun 11, 2016
Tension-Tenshi (All reviews)
Aggressive Retsuko is about a red panda office lady that relieves stress by singing death metal. That's all you need to know.

All the characters are anthropomorphic animals, and I think that's quite charming. Retsuko is basically the cutest thing ever when she's not screaming death metal.

The humour is alright, managing to make me smirk a few times throughout the ten episodes I've seen. One could say this is a family-friendly version of Detroit Metal City - though a family-friendly version of DMC is not DMC at all.

The episodes are only a minute long, so you may as well give it a shot.
Oct 11, 2016
DjKagamine (All reviews)
My baby sister of 2 years old enjoys the angry death metal, she say's "cat angry" and follows up with little raspy sounding roars to match the death metal.

At the end of the episode, She says "Win" as Retsuko does the victory pose.
Then she asks for more.

Will simply say she enjoy this anime so far, Will watch again with her.

MAL wants me to create a longer review but that is all i have
stop reading from here on out, this is just to fill in some space till I reach the minimum requirements, Need more filler words as this is not enough read more
Jun 13, 2016
MetaThPr4h (All reviews)
Aggresive Retsuko manages to be hilarious with just a single minute per episode.

The story is simple, Retsuko has to deal with way too relatable stressful situations of her everyday life, and when she can't handle what happens in that episode anymore, she goes crazy and starts singing death metal music, the way it's done makes the series really fun, because you totally emphatize with the protagonist and her reaction is just priceless.

The characters look pretty great for a short, specially the design of Retsuko is adorable, there is no character development at all, but it's nothing expected on such a short anime that just wants read more
Aug 25, 2016
chevybow (All reviews)
Anime shorts are a weird topic to talk about in the anime community. Most go relatively unwatched with little interest stemming for them. I mean, how often do you see someone get hyped over an anime that has 1-3 minutes of content every week? The ones that do gain popularity gain popularity due to being absolutely ridiculous. An anime short about a fart is going to get somewhat popular with people giving joke 10/10 reviews. Bananya is perhaps the worst culprit with it gaining popularity on sites like reddit for being so "cute". From last season, Sushi Police gained an infamous bit of popularity for read more
Jun 9, 2017
RayaTheImmortal (All reviews)
This anime is made for the workers where they can actually relate to Retsuko (or for some students out there), I have watched every episode and even though each episode only has 1-minute, I enjoyed it. Whenever Retsuko is mad and such she will start singing metal and each episode has the same rhythm but different lyrics.

The reason why I gave such a high rating on this one because I can entirely relate to Retsuko's problems at the office or at the parties or even with friends and such. (Yeah I raged like that too).

Wish that they had 5-minutes long instead of 1-minute long.
Jan 11, 2017
h-gpup (All reviews)
Aggresive Retsuko is one of those fun little short that will most likely get a good few chuckles or a good laughing out of you with it simple premise of cute red panda girl has to deal with a constantly demanding job and stressful co works and to help elevate that stress she sing death metal.

that about it it a simple show with a simple idea and it does it pretty well as each ep has something that i think everybody can relate to and laugh at or at least get a chuckle out of you.

one thing i really like about this show is read more
Dec 7, 2017
OppaiSempai (All reviews)
This anime... is just great. Not only is it cute, it has death metal. I think that's all an anime needs.

Story
The story obviously has barely any depth to it. I mean, why would it? It's just a bunch of 1 minute shorts, How would you make an overarching story? Despite this, It still technically has a story, sorta. It's a slice of life show, revolving around the life of Retsuko, a 25-year-old, single, red panda, who works at a company in Japan. Her coworkers are the most annoying people on earth, and whenever they annoy her, she sings death metal. I mean, what else are read more
Aug 3, 2017
evolvingweeb (All reviews)
Aggressive Retsuko is just...great.

I remember seeing a clip of it and laughing, thinking it was hilarious, and then seeing how there were 50+ episodes out already and going, "Hm, I'll give it a try but I dunno if the same punchline is gonna keep me entertained for that many episodes."

Boy, was I wrong. I got all caught up with this anime in under two hours.

The premise is simple, but great. A red panda named Retsuko is a businesswoman who has to deal with some BS from nearly everyone/everything and sings hardcore death metal as an outlet for her anger.

This never stopped being read more
Jul 3, 2017
Waffle_Empress (All reviews)
'Why, I've done all the screaming already,' said the Queen. 'What would be the good of having it all over again?'
— Lewis Carroll. Through the Looking Glass.

Ah, Japan, what a weird country you are. And just when I begin to think that nothing can read more
Nov 26, 2016
Eneeli (All reviews)
If office life was adapted into anime form, Aggressive Retsuko would be it.

Anyone who has worked in an office environment with its usual social dynamics before will instantly identify with the main character Retsuko, a fresh 25 year old office lady in the accounting department.

Aggressive Retsuko chronicles rage-inducing incidents which everyone can relate to, from being passive-aggressively manipulated into doing other people's work to workplace discrimination.

Each episode is a comedic dose of deja vu in one way or other. I laugh because a lot of the incidents Retsuko endures has happened to me before and it's hilariously uncanny.

The chibi animal personifications are read more
Jan 9, 2017
buttniverse (All reviews)
This anime is not deep or anything but it guarantees you a good laugh. The episodes are just one minute long and each time Retsuko gets irritated/frustrated she starts singing death metal, which is quiet amusing.

The story is easy to understand and you completely feel what Retsuko must feel every time she starts singing, because the stories are based on an every day life.

The art is really simple and that's the reason my little sister also really likes this anime, especially when the death metal part comes up!

The sound is pretty good and the voices of the characters are really cute. The characters itself are read more