Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 12, 2009 3:00 PM

Jul 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Oh so we still didn't see Guin in almost the entire episode and it took him long enough to appear(at the end). I guess István just isn't strong enough to protect everyone around him when he is really needed. Is it just me or are Naris and Amnelis kissing everytime they are talking to each other :D so not sure when will Amnelis be back in that battle spirit as she looks more feminine now^^
ShanaFlameJul 12, 2009 3:59 PM
Jul 19, 2009 2:05 PM

Aug 2007
So first Rinda likes Guin, then it's Istovan, now Guin's back...
And Istovan is clearly a pedo....

0.o
Jul 19, 2009 2:10 PM

Oct 2008
A surprisingly good episode for one where the main character was missing through most of it. Guin did make one of his patented grand entrances as usual, splitting the huge boulder was a nice touch. I find it hard to believe that Naris really loves Amnelis as he has always seemed to have her wrapped around his finger. I assume it is all part of his schemes as he is a HUGE schemer.

I found rinda kind of annoying through most of the episode. She really reminded me a lot of naris in that she appeared to be taking advantage of her gender and another person's feelings to gain their power when she would otherwise be defenseless. Before guin disappeared, she very nearly worshiped him and didn't have the time of day for Istvan. When guin disappears, she instantly becomes closer to Istvan when she knows that he has that whole "princess of the light" thing going for her. Then of course as soon as guin returns, she goes back to him right away, poor Istvan. I guess we will have to see if she goes back to fawning over guin and not noticing anyone else next episode, but maybe not from that split second in the previews of next episode.

I also feel bad for remus that nobody noticed his personality RADICALLY changed abruptly a few episodes back. They seemed to be noticing it this episode, but not even his twin sister said much about it (although again, might have something to do with her only having eyes for guin).
Jul 19, 2009 3:46 PM
Dec 2007
Very good character and script developments once again. Seems like the pairings are set now, and the script is becoming clearer too. Can't wait for the showdown between the two potential "Princesses of Light". Great episode overall.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Jul 19, 2009 4:29 PM

Jun 2008
Now Istovan is officially a pedo.
Jul 19, 2009 5:24 PM

May 2007
Good episode. Finally some more progress on the pairings. And Guin makes one of his awesome entrances again. Seems they are finally starting to see that remus personality totally has changed.
Jul 19, 2009 7:15 PM

Nov 2007
oh THANK GOD Guin's back! whenever he disappears everything becomes "love, peace, 'n' mush" and then he returns to slap everyone upside the head to make everything badass again.
a truly wonderful entrance!
and Istovan's a lolicon lol.
the masochist says "hurt me! hurt me!" the sadist replies "no"
Jul 19, 2009 7:44 PM

Jul 2009
WTF ?!!! LOL, with Requiem for the Phantom, now I have had the chance to experience 2 LOLI couple in 1 week: Ishtovan x Rinda & Reiji x Cal, so happy xDDD !!! I guess Japan slowly turns me into a full fledged Lolicon by gradually making the best girl being LOLI, not that I mind though.

Ahhh... Gotta love Guin Saga, its LOLWUT ?! for the first few eps, then EPIC with the following Nospherus arc, then pure gold COMEDY with the following eps & to end up ROMANTIC in these last few weeks. Too bad the author died, so there might be no ending for this AWESOME serie... In all honesty, I would rather watch hundreds eps of Guin Saga instead of the endless 2 Shonen shit we got nowadays.

If he's not with us, he's AGAINST us!!!

Jul 19, 2009 8:11 PM

Aug 2008
Wow...
I kind of didn't like this episode. I was very turned off by Rinda's monologue that basically concluded, "Yep, I guess I'm in love with Istovan." Had we any hint of her vulnerability during these episodes, I would have bought it, but this just felt like it had to happen.

I really don't know what to think about this show anymore. I was so shocked by the Rinda stuff in the beginning to really latch onto the stuff with that other Prince. It looked like a battle and some betrayal, so I'll just take it for surface value.

But at least Guin is back.
Jul 20, 2009 2:53 AM

Mar 2008
Lol.

How many kisses did I see in this serie already. Oh well curious how Rinda en Istovan's relation will develop. Other than that wtf is Naris plotting <_<

Well from the preview I see Rinda in the arms of Istovan. And I see a rat tailed like beast?
Jul 20, 2009 3:39 AM

Jun 2008
I'm curious to see what happens with Remus for his future as king and his weird apparitions.
Jul 20, 2009 8:03 AM

Jun 2008
guin's appearing with smashing that rock, was like wtf, lol and wow at the same time 8D
Jul 20, 2009 8:20 AM

Jan 2009
Things were certainly taking a turn for the awkward this episode. Thankfully, Guin showed up when he did.
Jul 20, 2009 1:14 PM

Feb 2009
kie_ said:
Now Istovan is officially a pedo.

I thought the same thing then again how old is he?
Falatorx said:
I found rinda kind of annoying through most of the episode. She really reminded me a lot of naris in that she appeared to be taking advantage of her gender and another person's feelings to gain their power when she would otherwise be defenseless. Before guin disappeared, she very nearly worshiped him and didn't have the time of day for Istvan. When guin disappears, she instantly becomes closer to Istvan when she knows that he has that whole "princess of the light" thing going for her. Then of course as soon as guin returns, she goes back to him right away, poor Istvan. I guess we will have to see if she goes back to fawning over guin and not noticing anyone else next episode, but maybe not from that split second in the previews of next episode.

I don't call that annoying I call it being smart and using the only mean she has to survive, I means she has a better chance getting home in one piece and get her kingdom back with Guin than with István. True that part of her is more like Naris than again they were promised to each other before.

Closing note. I don't believe Naris for a second! -_-
Jul 23, 2009 8:38 PM

Jul 2008
well guin is all right somehow... and ishtovan is getting really close to his goal; also when guin saw remus even was like "what is wrong with this kid?"
the only way to stop a gamer from playing is either: beat them, or wait until they get bored (though 2% percent suffer seizures
Jul 25, 2009 2:56 AM

Jan 2008
I wonder what's in the cave. Hmm, Naris really got me curious. What are his plans and so on.

RobinotX said:
Lol.
How many kisses did I see in this serie already.

... Other than that wtf is Naris plotting <_<

Hahaha. That's what I thought after seeing Naris and Amnelis kissing scene when I watched this episode last wed.
Jul 30, 2009 2:32 AM
Nov 2008
Well..Istavan can't be more than 20-21 my guess..that means that they aren't THAT different in age.I kinda feel sorry for him...he tries his best to protect rinda , but he isn't as strong as guin ....
Naris is definitely plotting something..>.< i don't believe him for a second
Jul 30, 2009 7:51 AM

Jan 2009
I'd say they're quite different; Ishtavan is 20 and Rinda is 14. 6-year difference FTL.
Jul 30, 2009 2:55 PM

Jul 2007
its funny..i just spoiled myself..and apparently later in the series Amnelis becomes a
Oct 11, 2009 10:21 PM

Jun 2008
DeadBonesBrook said:
I'd say they're quite different; Ishtavan is 20 and Rinda is 14. 6-year difference FTL.

That's not much. It looks bad now, but when she is 20 and he is 26 it would seem perfectly normal.

Am just waiting for Remus to use the Dark force. Maybe there is a Sith lord in the cave.
Guin's entrance really was dynamic. He must be watching Batman.
Feb 22, 2013 9:52 PM

Nov 2011
Remus sure has changed a lot. I mean ALOT. Otherwise, decent episode but what the hell is up with Naris and Amnelis..every single time.
May 16, 2015 4:15 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
I didn't expect Rinda and Istavan to become an item so soon. It's a bit strange considering her fascination with Guin.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Dec 24, 2015 8:11 PM
Dec 2014
Rinda and Estavan are 15 and 20 I think.

Pretty normal age difference imo, except in the US I suppose.
FeniksrisesDec 24, 2015 8:14 PM
Dec 28, 2015 2:41 AM

Oct 2013
As soon as guin returns, she instantly forget about istavon since guin is like the superman of this series. I honestly don't like the righteousness personality that guin has, it gets annoying sometimes.
Feb 8, 2018 2:06 PM

Feb 2015
That kiss with Istavan was so weird considering one is like 19-20 and the other is still a kid. I much prefer Remus this way, even if he might turn out kinda evil.
Ralf_GlowFeb 8, 2018 2:24 PM
May 3, 2018 6:16 AM

Jul 2008
Of course Guin is alive....he's the title character.
Aug 7, 2022 8:50 AM

Feb 2018
The Istavan & Rinda scene was truly a bruh moment. Guin appears out of nowhere and saves the day and in the meantime Remus already what's inside the cave :O
Mar 13, 5:13 AM

Nov 2013
The dub randomly adding "misogynistic prejudice" to the dialogue between Istwan and Rinda was mega cringe and out of the character.
You all need to watch Nami.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Guin Saga Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

wakka9ca - Apr 12, 2009

70 by MeanEYE »»
Jan 30, 7:24 PM

Poll: » Guin Saga Episode 11 Discussion

ShanaFlame - Jun 14, 2009

17 by Adam_R »»
Sep 25, 2023 9:08 PM

Poll: » Guin Saga Episode 16 Discussion

ShanaFlame - Jul 20, 2009

32 by nhkam »»
Sep 17, 2023 8:49 PM

Poll: » Guin Saga Episode 9 Discussion

ShanaFlame - Jun 1, 2009

24 by BaronLukis »»
Aug 20, 2023 4:05 AM

Poll: » Guin Saga Episode 8 Discussion

ShanaFlame - May 24, 2009

16 by BaronLukis »»
Aug 20, 2023 3:51 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.