Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 9, 2009 12:51 PM
Apr 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Wow, the worst episode ever.
I'm not gonna ask myself again if this show can get any worse, because it can. It's Rumiko Takahashi after all.
Jul 4, 2009 6:51 AM

Feb 2009
You're talking out of your ass, this episode was fantastic.

Why even bother watching this far if you hate it that much?

Jul 14, 2009 11:43 AM
Apr 2009
ArnoldK said:

Because I never drop an anime.
Sep 28, 2009 6:20 AM

Apr 2008
neoalexys said:

How noble.
Nov 5, 2009 9:39 PM

Jun 2009
Good episode, I wonder how this will all play out.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Nov 6, 2009 7:52 AM

Feb 2009
I do like that this episode really kept the momentum going by forcing Kyoko to really think about things.

I have to wonder, though, how much at this point it's about Kyoko's inability to decide between the two, or if she's more or less daring Godai to step up to the plate and make the decision for her, in a sense. Just the little moments with the dinner, and how cheerful she was to go shopping and putting on lipstick, to prepare for the meal, bringing wine and everything- even basically saying that she wanted Godai to stop her.

Apr 27, 2010 1:28 PM

Jul 2007
god this episode............

Godai WTF IS WRONG WITH YOU?!?!?! Do u even like her anymore??? Few episodes back you would drop everything for her.

Kyoko...seriously come on you obviously don't want to marry Mitsaka!!! Isn't that why you want Godai to stop you?!?!

On another note...

This might sound a bit hypocritical but no one really has a good reason for Godai's recent actions. Godai, to me, looks like he starting to take life seriously and wants to become independent. Isn't that what everyone wants of him?
Jun 14, 2011 10:23 PM

Feb 2010
Mitaka's proposal and his one week deadline made for an intense arc. This episode had some powerful scenes, but it was insulting to see it end on such a tired joke.
Jul 14, 2011 8:31 AM

Jun 2009
I cannot possibly understand Kyoko, if she loves Godai all this time and the guy from day 1 declared his love for her why can't she just go out with him? She acts as if Nanoa doesn't matter in the first place.
Mar 13, 2012 7:19 AM
Dec 2010
Well Godai isn't exactly saint but considering 4 long years of his feelings being more or less unrequited, even ignored, This time he was more victim then criminal. Who'd ever though that Koyko would make surprice romantic dinner for two out of blue. If this were reality she would have married Mikata from anger. it doesn't seem she would mind either at this point. Thx for fictional story's flexibility, Godai's future family life was saved by ehm.. dogs.
banzai, banzai, banzai ...
Sent with Mal Updater
greenmartyMar 13, 2012 7:23 AM
( Currently interested in OP MC genre. Recommendations are welcomed, preferable those yet not on my list )
Jun 28, 2012 7:15 AM

Jun 2009
greenmarty said:
Well Godai isn't exactly saint but considering 4 long years of his feelings being more or less unrequited, even ignored, This time he was more victim then criminal. Who'd ever though that Koyko would make surprice romantic dinner for two out of blue. If this were reality she would have married Mikata from anger. it doesn't seem she would mind either at this point. Thx for fictional story's flexibility, Godai's future family life was saved by ehm.. dogs.
banzai, banzai, banzai ...
Sent with Mal Updater

Watching this again after a year I still can't understand Kyoko ; she doesn't say a thing to Godai and expects him to perform on stage!?!
Jul 16, 2012 6:45 PM

Oct 2009
neoalexys said:
ArnoldK said:

Dropping it would be much better than ranting about how much you hate it.

hellogoodbye said:
Mitaka's proposal and his one week deadline made for an intense arc. This episode had some powerful scenes, but it was insulting to see it end on such a tired joke.

Indeed it was insulting, I thought this episode was truly gonna be the ultimatum, it had great buildup, Kyoko was begging for Godai to come stop her. It was almost as though she was going to base her decision on how that dinner went. It's too bad Godai stood her up and didn't at the very least call...
Sigh...rescued by dogs...regardless, it was a very good ep.
El Psy Congroo

まだまだだね!!!
Jan 26, 2013 3:48 PM

Dec 2011
I may be the minority, but I was glad to see a little of Takahashi's "misunderstandings" that she does so well.
Just imagine how Mitaka's gonna explain his stand-up to Kyoko.

If you want intense, suspense-filled story, trust me: IT'S COMING! =]
Oct 13, 2015 10:27 AM
May 2015
Godai is such an asshole. You don't deserve kyoko.
Jan 1, 2016 9:35 PM

Dec 2014
ok such an intense episode.. Godai....you
Apr 8, 2016 7:05 PM

Jul 2014
Are you guys seriously siding with Kyoko here? How is Godai supposed to know "come home early today" equals "let's have a romantic dinner!". That Kyoko gets so irrationally mad over it is just more infuriating.
May 10, 2016 9:32 AM

Jan 2013
How is Godia the asshole? All Kyoko said was to come home early. It could mean anything honestly, she could have said, come home early for a dinner date or something. Wait, is this the first ep that Kyoko was thinking Mitaka could have the potential to be more than friends?
Well, that was an anticlimatic ending but it was to be expected.
Rumiko Takahashi TROLLING!!!
BornWithCHeeSeMay 10, 2016 9:51 AM
Jul 24, 2016 4:29 AM

Feb 2014
Crazy dog lady saves the day! Okay, jk. I hope she ends up with Mitaka.
And yeah, I don't get how anyone can fault Godai here. How is he supposed to know she was going to throw a romantic dinner for him, after leading him on for nearly 4 years and not even doing him the courtesy to properly respond to his confession.
Aug 11, 2016 3:32 AM

Jan 2013
Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccckkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk this drama is frustrating to watch.
and then nothing happened!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cant expect a resolution with THIRTY EIGHT episodes left.
I hate how many times it comes down to Godai being late for a super important event he doesn't even realize is important.
Jun 1, 2017 5:48 PM

May 2009
If I were to choose a side, it'd be no one. Life is unexpected. Kyoko expected someone to make a decision for her, but life had other plans. Godai's friend made him overstay at an event and lost track of time. Life is all about cause and effect.
Aside from that, Asuna's such a shy girl compared to the rebellious Yagami; I like how characteristics match the mood of the scene ( Yagami brought so much drama, while Asuna brings out serene, light hearted moments).
I also thought the ending ruined the whole intensity about Kyoko's final decision for Mitaka. That's one time I wished those dogs weren't there lol
Jun 2, 2017 6:37 AM

Dec 2015
@narulovesramen Are you watching the episodes at double speed?! xD It takes you only 10-12minutes of time between two posts. (I'm not trying to offend you)

edit @narulovesramen I see. I actually did the same some times. ^^" Sorry for my assumption, it's just a modern trend I noticed.
Anyway, have a good time with the movie.
Rei_IIIJun 2, 2017 4:53 PM
Jun 2, 2017 4:34 PM

May 2009
Rei366 said:
@narulovesramen Are you watching the episodes at double speed?! xD It takes you only 10-12minutes of time between two posts. (I'm not trying to offend you)

OMG LOL
I sometimes write the posts after watching two episodes, but I usually write one after each episode.
It would be funny if I did watch at double speed though XD
Oct 14, 2017 3:27 PM

May 2015
NNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! WHHHHHHHHHHHYYYYYYYYYYY? I NEEEED SOME FACTS!!!!
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Feb 12, 2018 4:32 PM

Mar 2014
Godai behaviour was irresponsible. In comparison Mitaka seems to be much more mature, only dogs prevented him from being on time. That ending was kind of disappointing, but funny nonetheless.

I feel sorry for Kozue. Deceived for so many years, she is still not aware that Godai doesn't love her.
Oct 14, 2018 12:44 PM
Sep 2018
O my, in this episode Sakamoto made me so angry I had to open the beer to chill out :P
Oct 31, 2018 3:07 AM

Jul 2017
...and Mitaka's proposal will drag out ( I hope not too much). I want to get mad at Godai for not knowing when to say no but again, Kyoko's vagueness is just unreasonable. How would Godai even know what she meant when she wasn't even honest. Kyoko is just dumb sorry.

smell of coffee
songs of sleep

Mar 8, 2019 8:25 PM

Nov 2016
Well, she said "Please come home as early as you can" hehe.

Overall a good episode and we got more insight into Kyokos mind and her struggle.

Only the ending left a slightly bad taste in my mouth, even tho I should be already used to the manner in which this series resolves it's matters.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Sep 21, 2019 10:14 AM

Jul 2015
Looks like Godai missed the chance of his life, can't really blame him since he didn't know but he could have at least called the manager to say he is staying out to drink

Jun 1, 2020 8:55 PM

Jun 2016
Godai and his friend walked for four hours damn! I would have just slept at the train station forget that.
May 25, 2021 1:32 PM

Jan 2018
What an uneventful ending after all that build-up. Though I'd be lying if I said I didn’t see it coming. Wonder how anime-onlies reacted to this episode when it aired for the first time in Japan.
May 25, 2021 1:34 PM

Jan 2018
Mahlerite said:
neoalexys said:

How noble.
lol
narulovesramen said:
If I were to choose a side, it'd be no one. Life is unexpected. Kyoko expected someone to make a decision for her, but life had other plans. Godai's friend made him overstay at an event and lost track of time. Life is all about cause and effect.
Aside from that, Asuna's such a shy girl compared to the rebellious Yagami; I like how characteristics match the mood of the scene ( Yagami brought so much drama, while Asuna brings out serene, light hearted moments).
I also thought the ending ruined the whole intensity about Kyoko's final decision for Mitaka. That's one time I wished those dogs weren't there lol
Probably the most (if not the only) sensible comment in this thread. Needless to say, I totally agree.
Jun 23, 2021 6:32 PM
Sep 2019
ArnoldK said:

so, where do i sign up to become your follower, sensei
Jun 23, 2021 6:33 PM
Sep 2019
neoalexys said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Wow, the worst episode ever.
I'm not gonna ask myself again if this show can get any worse, because it can. It's Rumiko Takahashi after all.

fuck off you stupid bastard this is where the drama begins
Jun 23, 2021 6:35 PM
Sep 2019
hellogoodbye said:

just wait watch the next 4 episodes then
Jun 24, 2021 3:05 PM
Sep 2019
ekla said:
Godai is such an asshole. You don't deserve kyoko.

you are such a bitch
all she said was "come back early" and nothing more
he wouldnt have known it was important (and this was the only day out of all these years that he was late home)
your must be ashamed of your iq
now go fuck yourself
Jun 9, 2023 11:56 PM

May 2016
This was legit a major point for the plot we gonna get serious from now on.
Nov 27, 2023 8:31 PM
Apr 2019
GODAI YOU IDIOT!! its like he doesnt care for kyoko anymore

More topics from this board

Poll: » Maison Ikkoku Episode 19 Discussion

meneope - Jun 19, 2011

35 by alexrawk »»
May 3, 5:14 AM

Poll: » Maison Ikkoku Episode 10 Discussion

hellogoodbye - Jun 3, 2011

31 by Playcool »»
Apr 28, 8:12 AM

Poll: » Maison Ikkoku Episode 12 Discussion

hellogoodbye - Jun 4, 2011

20 by Playcool »»
Apr 26, 3:48 PM

Poll: » Maison Ikkoku Episode 6 Discussion

Ston3_FreeN7 - Oct 25, 2009

29 by Playcool »»
Apr 26, 10:41 AM

Poll: » Maison Ikkoku Episode 4 Discussion

good-time - Jul 28, 2010

20 by Playcool »»
Apr 26, 5:11 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.