Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Apr 12, 2009 12:37 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
People that wants to watch raws:
http://www.sosg.net/topic_266409.html

The site is in Chinese, but you don't have to click on anything other than play to view the video.

Nice OP by Uematsu, although I find the background drumming a bit weird....
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Apr 12, 2009 3:05 PM

May 2008
Actually the background drumming is one of my favorite aspects and for some reason this op reminded me of The Elder Scrolls
Apr 12, 2009 3:51 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
Soulstrider said:
Actually the background drumming is one of my favorite aspects and for some reason this op reminded me of The Elder Scrolls

It was a bit weird, but after listening to it many times, it grew on me.... -_-'''
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Apr 13, 2009 7:35 AM

May 2008
Gaah.. can't wait for subs!
Apr 13, 2009 11:34 PM

Jan 2009
Great episode. Me fall in love with now! OP me I was O_O with big open eyes! What I like about episode:
Guin having great courage!
Monster fight was full of strong feelings.
Felt bad for Rinda when she was in pain from evil a** h**** with mask because his powers on her.
Oro (I think is his name) guy with Mongols who got light reflection from sword of Guin is good that he threw sword towards Guin to help him kill stupid monkey!

In every anime I seen, I always like feathers like that in OP. During OP my jaw was open and eyes also. Held my breath for a little there. That is how impress me is!

What kind of power this mask guy have? He make chandelier melt?

The ape reminds me of first Dragon Ball when Goku was a monkey at end of series. Design similar but is very different I know.

Apr 15, 2009 2:11 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
although some weird stuffs happened and puzzled me:

-Guin pushed one soldier off the bridge. I'm surprised the other soldiers didn't do anything. I guess since they promised they won't harm the children and someone broke the promise, he received his punishment (from Guin on top of that)
-the man-eating ape's hand coming from under ground. Was the arena layered? or did Guin smash the ape under the ground lol...

Highlight of the episode: 2 prophecies
1) Linda sensing something bad is going to happen to the fortress
2) Istvan's "princess of light" is his destined person
bla bla bla
Niko-kun said:
Apr 18, 2009 2:56 AM

May 2008
Subs would be nice -_-
Apr 18, 2009 7:01 AM
Apr 2008
SUBS FUCKING WHERE?
This show needs some attention.
Apr 18, 2009 8:31 AM

Dec 2008
Seriously who is subbing this? its taking WAY too long, its not like it looks shitty or anything
Apr 18, 2009 1:30 PM
Jul 2007
Why the hell is no one fansubbing this show ?

Like Grimm said its not shitty
Apr 18, 2009 3:24 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
Roronoa_Zoro said:

Because no one knows it exists or think it's another generic fantasy series out there.
bla bla bla
Niko-kun said:
Apr 18, 2009 4:24 PM

May 2008
And yet FMA as like 6 good subbing groups which is more than enough.
Apr 18, 2009 11:15 PM

May 2008
Argg a week since it has aired and still no subs!! I loved the first episode and I realllyyy want to watch the next one. :(((
Apr 19, 2009 5:19 PM

Feb 2009
Soulstrider said:
And yet FMA as like 6 good subbing groups which is more than enough.

I know right I mean come on there so many good anime out there with no subbing group picking them up while just one has so many what the use anyway. At time like this I wish I knew Japanese.
Apr 20, 2009 3:43 AM

Jan 2009
Oh for God's sake, the 3rd episode is out raw and still no sign of an english sub.
And come on, out of three groups who picked up this anime, NONE have managed to pull through in subbing it? What, was easter that time consuming???
I'm seriously annoyed by it all...

edit: make that 4 fansubbing groups
bogdee_zApr 20, 2009 3:46 AM

Signature and Avatar made by my wife, VanillaMoon!
Apr 20, 2009 9:31 AM

Mar 2009
Episode 3 is out and still no fan subs for even the second episode. Normally I'd say these things take time, but if six groups can have FMA up within 24 hours, why can't we have at least one group doing Guin Saga on a weekly basis? I mean even Mistwalker has gotten the second episode of Eden of the East subbed but still no sign of Guin Saga. It's a damned frustrating experience.

I guess this show will eventually get done, but maybe everyone is more interested in doing the higher profile series like FMA and Eden of the East. =/ At this point I wish someone would license it (it's not like they don't have dubbed trailers out there), maybe that would pick up the profile of the show.
Apr 20, 2009 9:09 PM

Jul 2007
Wheres the subs Man?
Apr 21, 2009 7:11 AM

Feb 2009
i'm dropping this series. can't be waiting around this long
Apr 21, 2009 7:46 AM

Mar 2009
After poking around the fansubber pages, I found some encouraging news from Mistalker. The fansubbing process is on hold because WalkingontheMist is sick right now. While currently on hold, Mistwalker does promise to finish the series. Still, at the rate things are going it looks like Guin Saga releases won't be a weekly affair at all. :(
Apr 22, 2009 2:13 PM

Jun 2008
SUBS ARE OUT!
Apr 22, 2009 2:33 PM

May 2008
kie_ said:
SUBS ARE OUT!

HELL YEAH
Apr 22, 2009 3:21 PM

Jun 2008
I just couldn't stopped laughing when Guin suddenly grabbed that ape by his legs and then he threw him lol. Anyway Good episode.
Apr 22, 2009 3:28 PM
Dec 2007
Hmmm too bad the animation and direction are so inconsistent, it could the second best anime of this season, but unfortunately it's only a very good anime. Still a very detailled and entertaining show for now, and I think it can only grow better.

Btw, A lot of Uematsu's musics feel like his Final Fantasy works (especially FF6, for example the OP has exactly the same rythm and intonation as "Tina's Theme", but not the same melody, and I spotted a couple other tracks very similar to FF9 and FF4 too) ;)

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Apr 22, 2009 4:49 PM

Jan 2009
Jacut said:
Hmmm too bad the animation and direction are so inconsistent, it could the second best anime of this season, but unfortunately it's only a very good anime. Still a very detailled and entertaining show for now, and I think it can only grow better.

Btw, A lot of Uematsu's musics feel like his Final Fantasy works (especially FF6, for example the OP has exactly the same rythm and intonation as "Tina's Theme", but not the same melody, and I spotted a couple other tracks very similar to FF9 and FF4 too) ;)

Great reference. Me did not play long time FF but some is similar also some is like LOTR. Is nostalgic.
Apr 22, 2009 5:31 PM

Dec 2007
suuubs finally !!
[center]If you aren't troubling the rest of the world, then there's no harm in being abnormal.
Apr 22, 2009 8:26 PM

Jan 2009
I'm amazed at the animation, with something so weird as a leopard head on a man's body, it's so easy for them to fudge up the proportions making the head too big or too small. I'm actually impressed at how well done it has been so far, we'll see if it lasts as the anime goes on.
Apr 22, 2009 9:23 PM

Jul 2008
that gray ape thing was huge!!! and extremely powerful, it was only with a weapon could guin take that thing out, but why did the soldier give it to him in the first place? guin did something to him with the light from his sword; and now hes going to fight a mercenary, not good
the only way to stop a gamer from playing is either: beat them, or wait until they get bored (though 2% percent suffer seizures
Apr 22, 2009 9:55 PM

Jan 2009
kage-bunshin said:
that gray ape thing was huge!!! and extremely powerful, it was only with a weapon could guin take that thing out, but why did the soldier give it to him in the first place? guin did something to him with the light from his sword; and now hes going to fight a mercenary, not good
Guin didn't do anything to him with his sword, the light just shon on him and we saw his eyes when he pulled back his helmet. I imagine he was thinking something like, this thing really isn't just a monster because he's willing to surrender in order to ensure the twins safety. and that might also be why he threw in his sword. While watching the fight he was rooting for Guin and really wanted him to win.
Apr 22, 2009 10:05 PM

Aug 2008
I liked this episode. The show is growing on me. I'm glad that they relegated Remus to as small a presence as possible, and that we got two to three seemingly important characters. I don't mind the wait between episodes, this is worth it.
Apr 22, 2009 10:10 PM

Jul 2008
That was pretty awesome, I've gotta say. I hate waiting a long time for subs, but that was really worth it. Sure, the animation on Guin is a little inconsistent but that doesn't change the fact this is still beautifully done. I'll wait to see if it declines in episode three at all, before commenting too much further about that. I've also gotta say Uematsu's influence in the music is hugely noticeable and I'm loving every moment. Can't wait for more.

"I'd suck you~" Berri||Desu Ne?
Apr 22, 2009 10:30 PM

Jan 2009
Can I say, "About damned time?" or ABOUT FUCKING TIME?

Anyways I'm glad to see some serious asskicking this episode

...and oh, can I get a Whirlwind Throw?
Apr 23, 2009 1:31 AM

Jun 2008
Glad to see that subs haven't stopped totally on this one. I have very high hopes for this series, and so far it hasn't dissapointed.
Apr 23, 2009 3:25 AM

May 2008
Mercenaries!!! I wonder if this has rpg elements where other people join their party.
Apr 23, 2009 4:51 AM

May 2008
OMG and i thought this show was boring, shows what i noe xD

Awesome Sig by Lailide
Apr 23, 2009 5:14 AM

Mar 2008
And yet another excellent episode!
As it was already said, the wait is worth it!
Apr 23, 2009 5:38 AM

Oct 2007
Roronoa_Zoro said:

seeing the many complaints about the missing subs i wonder how it really is ...
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 23, 2009 6:19 AM

Aug 2008
OP almost put me to sleep. Whole episode was boring and irrational (one of guards killed by a slave = no reaction from others... WTF?!). If this continues i'm gonna drop the series.
Apr 23, 2009 6:34 AM

May 2008
I really have high expectation for this series, great battles, great op and soundtrack I just hope it has a good plot.
Apr 24, 2009 6:29 PM

Aug 2008
The soundtrack made this show come to life. Even the battle scenes are action packed! It was a huge turnaround for me when I watched this episode.

Apr 25, 2009 8:04 PM

Sep 2008
i really liked this episode, some great action, interesting way its going. Some awesome character design such as Guin, Vanon and his troops armour. Awesome animation.

I was a bit annoyed it was censored a lot though. Oh well atleast the fights are still cool.

and lol at love at first sight :P
Apr 25, 2009 10:01 PM

Jan 2009
Nice episode. I liked how Guin threw the guardman off the bridge, when he started bullying the children. Arena fighting was cool too.
Apr 25, 2009 10:52 PM

Dec 2007
That was awesome episode as I expected, and this series grew on me. The plot is much better, obviously.
Apr 25, 2009 11:03 PM

Jan 2009
velcom said:
i really liked this episode, some great action, interesting way its going. Some awesome character design such as Guin, Vanon and his troops armour. Awesome animation.

I was a bit annoyed it was censored a lot though. Oh well atleast the fights are still cool.

Censored? How so?
Apr 25, 2009 11:07 PM

Sep 2008
SLiK said:
velcom said:

Censored? How so?

the fact when anything that would have blood being shown they would show like the back of.
Apr 25, 2009 11:28 PM

Oct 2007
velcom said:
SLiK said:
velcom said:

Censored? How so?

the fact when anything that would have blood being shown they would show like the back of.
LOL you never know where did Guin stab the ape.

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
Apr 25, 2009 11:35 PM

Sep 2008
Siva said:
velcom said:
SLiK said:
velcom said:

Censored? How so?

LOL you never know where did Guin stab the ape.

i'm sure there would be blood though :P
Apr 25, 2009 11:35 PM

Jan 2008
Hmm, anyone else notice a drop in quality? =/

I know it's usually bound to happen, shows give it their all for the premiere episode..but still, it's kind of disappointing.

Also, the fact that Guin's mouth doesn't exactly move to his speaking annoys me while watching. -.-
Apr 25, 2009 11:36 PM

Sep 2008
MistressMorbid said:

I know it's usually bound to happen, shows give it their all for the premiere episode..but still, it's kind of disappointing.

Also, the fact that Guin's mouth doesn't exactly move to his speaking annoys me while watching. -.-

hmm i didn't notice a drop in quality but i will agree about his mouth movements. Is a little annoying.
Apr 25, 2009 11:38 PM

Oct 2007
MistressMorbid said:

It is not really that much of a disappointing with this much of quality as long as you got a great story.

And about Guin's mouth, you just have to think that there is a speaker inside his mouth :D

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
Apr 25, 2009 11:54 PM

Jan 2008
The animation was alright during the fights, but it's as if they save their budget for those scenes and the un-important scenes in between are drawn really sloppily. At least that's what I found.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Guin Saga Episode 15 Discussion

ShanaFlame - Jul 12, 2009

27 by abystoma2 »»
Mar 13, 5:13 AM

Poll: » Guin Saga Episode 11 Discussion

ShanaFlame - Jun 14, 2009

17 by Adam_R »»
Sep 25, 2023 9:08 PM

Poll: » Guin Saga Episode 16 Discussion

ShanaFlame - Jul 20, 2009

32 by nhkam »»
Sep 17, 2023 8:49 PM

Poll: » Guin Saga Episode 9 Discussion

ShanaFlame - Jun 1, 2009

24 by BaronLukis »»
Aug 20, 2023 4:05 AM

Poll: » Guin Saga Episode 8 Discussion

ShanaFlame - May 24, 2009

16 by BaronLukis »»
Aug 20, 2023 3:51 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.