Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Oct 19, 2013 9:54 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Oh shit, Touma is pissed.

Setsuna and Touma's conversation felt a bit awkward though. I got that slice of life feeling ofc. Gotta follow those dreams~
Oct 19, 2013 10:19 AM
Dec 2012
It was enjoyable. LOL@Touma's twisted argument. I like her. Looking forward to next episode.
Oct 19, 2013 12:05 PM

Aug 2010
Really enjoyable ep.

Loving Kazusa. Her personality is awesome. Cold but caring.

Setsuna is still lovable as well :)

Lol'd when Setsuna was comparing herself to Kazusa XD

Can't wait to see how their relation will go. Both of them obviously have feelings for Haruki. And I'm already smelling jealousy in the air.

I think Kazusa already knows that since she said we'll either be best of friends or mortal enemies.
Oct 19, 2013 12:14 PM

Apr 2011
Someone pointed out the "show, don't tell" nature of the scenes and script, and I would have to agree. The conversation between Haruki and Setsuna with the former praising Kazusa is done quite well in this regard. I also liked that bit with Setsuna being obvious at Doubt.
opernliedOct 19, 2013 12:57 PM
"I may be liberal arts to the core, but I am capable of thinking logically."
Oct 19, 2013 12:34 PM
Jan 2013
I really like this show. The little subtle gestures and actions really show a lot that goes beyond just the words. I have something to look forward on Saturdays from now on :)
Oct 19, 2013 12:41 PM

Oct 2013
I love this ep. Setsuna's bro, Takahiro is cute. Dropping the bomb on comparing his sister and Touma...LOL.
Oct 19, 2013 12:59 PM

Jul 2013
Looks like Touma does have a nice side to her as well, but I'm pretty sure that she will become good friends with both Haruaki and Setsuna later on. It also looks like Setsuna was able to convince her parents, now they can get their band started, I hope they succeed.
Oct 19, 2013 1:09 PM

Aug 2012
Goddammit, another episode where every single piece of dialogue has worth and meaning. This anime is making my expectations rise too high that it's almost unhealthy.

All the subtleties for the future events coming up are a really, really nice touch. I'm really impressed.
Oct 19, 2013 1:21 PM

Oct 2007
I think people might be confusing the term subtlety for not complete and absolute time wasting throwaway bullshit. In fact I'm pretty sure subtle is one of those words that the internet is going to kill the proper definition of through overuse.

Anyway it is strange how this show is managing to avoid that seemingly easy to avoid pitfall that so many romance anime set in an idyllic school setting fall into. It's almost like the person that wrote this gave a damn about making the characters have relatable dialogue and chemistry early on without having to go off of limp-wristed melodrama or attempting to evoke vague feelings of sentimentality. I think it REALLY helps this show that it avoids bad comedy sequences and overly hyperactive characters early on, which is a common pitfall a lot of these fall into that makes me not give a damn about the characters or how their lives might turn out as they get to know each other and share experiences. Experiences that appear meaningful and defining to them as opposed to throwaway.
Oct 19, 2013 1:28 PM

Apr 2009
Kazusa is an angel. That is all.
Oct 19, 2013 1:28 PM

Jul 2009
So they'll either be best friends or mortal enemies, huh. Huehuehue. Who's going to be the mistress?
Oct 19, 2013 1:36 PM

Jul 2012
Surprisingly better than the previous two episodes, but still not peaking my interest. I enjoy Setsuna because I can kind of relate to her. (except I'm not good looking or an idol) I find it admirable that she tried so hard to get the three of them together in a band. Still don't really like Touma that much because she's such an ice queen and tsundere at the same time. :/
Oct 19, 2013 1:53 PM

May 2013
Nice episode. Can't wait to see them perform.
Oct 19, 2013 2:24 PM

Jun 2009
Damn good stuff. Pretty great characterization as well, makes me think I was just in the wrong frame of mind last week.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Oct 19, 2013 2:24 PM

Apr 2012
Ah really cant wait for the story to progress, im so interested...

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Oct 19, 2013 4:05 PM
Jul 2018
Kurogashi said:
So they'll either be best friends or mortal enemies, huh. Huehuehue. Who's going to be the mistress?

You know I'm having the same thoughts as you as well.
Oct 19, 2013 4:22 PM

Jun 2012
Touma's got some spunk in her. I like that.
Kitahara isn't a rollover either so the dynamic between them is actually fun to watch.

What this series does right for me is it treats its cast as actual people with different sides and reflections instead of tropes in a jar
HybridMBLOct 19, 2013 4:25 PM
Oct 19, 2013 4:51 PM

Nov 2007
This is surprisingly good so far.

Setsuna's dad is kinda a dick.

The end was foretelling at it's best. A fight will happen eventually, but for now things seem to be working out.
Oct 19, 2013 5:02 PM
Jun 2012
whats the song at the end?
Oct 19, 2013 5:13 PM

Apr 2011
eatatjoe69 said:
whats the song at the end?

"Sayonara no Koto (さよならのこと)" by Uehara Rena. It's original to the anime, apparently.
"I may be liberal arts to the core, but I am capable of thinking logically."
Oct 19, 2013 7:09 PM

Jun 2012
Well there's the last member, looking forward to whatever is next.

Oct 19, 2013 7:57 PM

Feb 2012
Good Episode. Had Fun watching it 5/5
Oct 19, 2013 8:02 PM
Oct 2013
need more setsuna.....!!!!!!! and white album song.... damn i love that song.
Oct 19, 2013 8:25 PM

Oct 2013
White Album 2 Episode 3 is good episode , kazusa she so cool ^ ^
Hiromi her good voice Sayonara no Koto by Uehara Rena is very good song I love it ^ ^
5/5 very good Episode
Oct 19, 2013 8:54 PM

Jun 2013
Great episode !
I'm loving Kazusa , she's a goddess , imo.

" I can't be friends with her. She'll either end up as my mortal enemy, or the best friend I ever have "

Kyaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.
"Children of Japan. And those who were once children. Listen! This is not a dream. This is not fiction. In reality, your superheroes were always fighting. To teach viewers courage and the meaning of justice! No matter how many enemies there are. No matter how strong evil is. Just remember. Does any another country have so many heroes? Has any another country been protected by multiple superheroes? Stand with me, friends! Remember when you used to watch your superheroes!
Once you may have given up this dream. But today, you can be a hero!"

- Kaname Jouji , Red Axe

Oct 19, 2013 9:31 PM

Jun 2009
Btw, though I wasn't sure at first, I have to say that I really like Touma's voice.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Oct 19, 2013 9:37 PM
Jul 2013
One of the few anime that I look forward to every week.
Oct 19, 2013 10:54 PM

Mar 2012
I'm not in love with the sudden fade-outs they have with every scene change. But that's minor.

The major complaint I have is that this romance is not as mature as I expected it to be. Sure, it's a lot more subtle than the common stock blush-upon-everything going on almost everywhere else, but it's still very clear that both Ogiso and Touma have developed feelings for Kitahara -- quite strong feelings at that. And we're in the third episode! Then again, there are only 12 episodes in this series. I'm not sure if they could afford to let it warm up slowly. If only they did though. I think this would have felt a lot more natural.
Oct 19, 2013 10:59 PM
Jul 2018
See the clash

Setsuna -> Archetypical eastern appearance, relatively conservative clothing, traditional family structure and values, traditional culture, etc.
Touma -> Archetypical western appearance, relatively modern and fashionable clothing , high personal freedom, pragmatic and straightforward, etc.
Oct 19, 2013 11:27 PM

Jun 2009
tezann_t said:
I'm not in love with the sudden fade-outs they have with every scene change. But that's minor.

The major complaint I have is that this romance is not as mature as I expected it to be. Sure, it's a lot more subtle than the common stock blush-upon-everything going on almost everywhere else, but it's still very clear that both Ogiso and Touma have developed feelings for Kitahara -- quite strong feelings at that. And we're in the third episode! Then again, there are only 12 episodes in this series. I'm not sure if they could afford to let it warm up slowly. If only they did though. I think this would have felt a lot more natural.

I'm pretty sure that at least Touma has liked him since before the series started. At least that's the feel I got in the dinner scene where Setsuna felt left out.

- Geralt of Rivia
Oct 20, 2013 12:20 AM

Aug 2012
tezann_t said:

The thing is, we can't really point out that anything that happened in this episode was romantic at all. Any kind of 'romance' that we see is only what we think it implies. So we can't say that it's already going too fast, really.
Oct 20, 2013 12:41 AM
Jan 2013
I'm really enjoying it so far. Also I really love the three MC and I think we need more male characters like Kitahara.
Oct 20, 2013 12:49 AM
Apr 2011
edwd2 said:
See the clash

Setsuna -> Archetypical eastern appearance, relatively conservative clothing, traditional family structure and values, traditional culture, etc.
Touma -> Archetypical western appearance, relatively modern and fashionable clothing , high personal freedom, pragmatic and straightforward, etc.

That is way too generalizing, besides, the characters in WA2 has a rather complex personality.

I don't like Kazusa's clothing in IC(Except for the concert ones and the school uniform). However, if you are talking about CODA, it is another story.

Oct 20, 2013 1:36 AM

Aug 2012
How does this episode compare to the VN, though, in terms of faithfulness? Haven't seen any VN reader comment on that.
Oct 20, 2013 1:52 AM
Jan 2013
Does anyone know the classical piano pieces that Touma plays at the beginning of the episode? I can only place my finger on one of them; Liebestraum no. 3 by Liszt. I'm especially interested in the 1st piece that's played. Can anybody help me out?
Oct 20, 2013 2:43 AM

May 2013
loving it 5/5

is there going to be a poll for best girl?
Oct 20, 2013 3:35 AM

Dec 2012
This is turning out to be surprise of the season for me. I didn't bother to pick up this anime initially but just watched one episode out of boredom after someone mentioned it as your no-nonsense romance show. Now, it's definitely the anime where I look forward to watching every week.
Oct 20, 2013 5:16 AM
Jul 2018
Beaver897 said:
How does this episode compare to the VN, though, in terms of faithfulness? Haven't seen any VN reader comment on that.

If I remember correctly, the height and boob comparison part didn't exist. Other than that, no big change.

na35899 said:

is there going to be a poll for best girl?

you'll see emerging big disputes on that several episodes from now
Oct 20, 2013 5:37 AM

Sep 2011
KuraiOkami said:
Ah really cant wait for the story to progress, im so interested...

My thoughts exactly.

Damn. I kinda regret watching this while this is still airing.

Oct 20, 2013 8:13 AM

Nov 2009
One of a good romance anime in a while. There aren't any romance show to watch recently, so I'm really looking forward to WA2.

I like how they handled the story and situations, although it's kind of generic like any other romance out there, but it got its interesting side and got me hooked. I usually find at least one female lead is annoying and unbearable in most of the romance anime. However, in WA2 this is not the case, Touma and Setsuna were given enough screen time for us - viewers to explore their personalities through each episode, and come to like them. This is one of a few romance show which has 2 likable female lead, and a so so main char(not so dense, decisive in action).

I see potentials in WA2 to be a good romance show in the future. This show deserves more attention and audiences.
Oct 20, 2013 8:37 AM

Nov 2010
As expected from the prequel of #1 VN in Japan. Thanks Leaf, it's been a while that we didn't get a good romance anime.

Now what's left is to hope that Satelight adapt everything right.
Oct 20, 2013 9:44 AM

Sep 2013
tezann_t said:

I get what you're saying, but both Kazusa and Setsuna developing strong feelings for Haruki doesn't necessarily mean that they have hopelessly fallen for him. At this point in time, anyway. Consider their circumstances, what's been shown of their natures so far, and how they reacted to certain things in this episode - Setsuna especially. It had a particularly telling scene showing Kazusa and Haruki arguing while she zones out, to the point where she takes notice of her mother and brother lurking outside. Pair that with the line in episode two where she said that things will go right for her “this time”, and things start quickly adding up to how she really feels.
Oct 20, 2013 9:54 AM

Nov 2012
Wow, I'm starting to get really impressed with this, and I thought I'd drop it after episode 1. Man oh man the lecturing main character gets on my nerves!!

Oct 20, 2013 10:22 AM

Oct 2007
edwd2 said:
See the clash

I've never seen a Westerner sport a hime-cut. That's a very high class hair cut with a very specific meaning and tradition in Japan that has nothing to do with Western philosophy whatsoever. As for her outfit, I just figured casual clothing. You could make an argument that she tries to put on a Tom boy appearance that contrasts with Setsuna's feminine choice in clothing, but I'm not seeing the Western influence at all.
Oct 20, 2013 12:01 PM

Oct 2013
When Ogiso was comparing herself to Touma haha..
The end took an interesting route in the chapter.

Oct 20, 2013 1:12 PM

Apr 2012
Amazing brand-new Ending Theme and this episode was almost entirely faithful to the original IC. :)
Dies Irae! :)
Oct 20, 2013 2:39 PM

Mar 2013
Good episode!!
I find Touma's character to be interesting and hopefully we get to know her better.
I laughed when Ogiso compared her height and breast size to Touma...and felt defeated..
Oct 20, 2013 4:05 PM
Dec 2012
Good episode. Looking forward to the next episode and the performance.
Oct 20, 2013 8:14 PM

Apr 2012
Every time I've finished watching an episode of this Anime I simply sighed contently.

Not happily, angrily or disappointedly, just contently. This Anime is simply nice.
"Rejoice! We are humans— we are the most talented people! Precisely because we were born without any ability— we can achieve anything— this is the will of the weakest race!" – Sora, ‘No game No life Vol.01’
Oct 20, 2013 10:10 PM
Apr 2011
Aerbage said:
Amazing brand-new Ending Theme and this episode was almost entirely faithful to the original IC. :)

The main story is there, though they removed some non-essential part, but they also added extra scenes not found in the VN like the cards part.

Overall, this is still a very good episode.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » White Album 2 Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Nov 16, 2013

202 by Giolbat »»
Mar 12, 7:03 PM

Poll: » White Album 2 Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 21, 2013

221 by Daninokuni »»
Mar 9, 10:50 AM

Poll: » White Album 2 Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 14, 2013

200 by Daninokuni »»
Mar 9, 7:40 AM

Poll: » White Album 2 Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

removed-user - Dec 7, 2013

158 by Daninokuni »»
Mar 8, 3:59 PM

Poll: » White Album 2 Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Amarrez - Dec 28, 2013

856 by GingZ »»
Mar 1, 3:45 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.