Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (13) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Sep 7, 2013 4:38 PM

Jul 2013
Wow, I'm surprised that this episode was partially filler, it was pretty good but very depressing. They put so much emphasis on Petra though, especially when they threw her body away, I feel bad for Levi. It was also depressing when her father was talking to Levi ;_;
This episode was just too much, and that flashback really made things sad, in Eren's case when he had to see those kids, that's just cruel. Looking at the preview, I see that Annie is back, but things don't look so good.
Sep 7, 2013 4:38 PM

Apr 2009
E10phoenix said:
Amarrez said:
Weird filler ep, but whatever.

Dumping Petra's body got me, hard. That was a cheap shot.

This was not a filler episode, it's in the manga, they just embellished certain scenes into the anime...

Everything but the first and last few minutes were anime original. I didn't dislike it, but it was filler.
Sep 7, 2013 4:40 PM

Jul 2013
Hybridbloodszak said:
Why was that one Titan running with his arms crossed? They have some weird habits, that's for sure

They get fucking weirder later. It's both funny and really creepy at the same time. Never was I so erked out by giants...

Some filler pieces in this ep? People actually enjoying it? I'll judge for myself.
Deconstruction ≠ Darker & Edgier
Trope ≠ Cliché (Face it, nothing is completely original. Can't make something from nothing so to say.).
Fanservice ≠ Ecchi (Though ecchi can please the fans!)
Popular ≠ Sucks... maybe
Seinen = K-ON! Shounen, Shoujo, Seinen and Josei are demographics.
Anime/Manga = Japanese Cartoons! Deal with it.

Support Movember. Raise awareness of men's health issues. Put a mustache on your avatars or something...
Sep 7, 2013 4:41 PM
Oct 2011
Arete7 said:
Damn that look on Levi's face when he saw Petra's body dumped out of the wagaon. Holy shit you can tell he's seen alot of people die before his eyes.

also when he gave up his own memento to comfort his subordinate (Im assuming that its from Petra's jacket). Just shows how badass his character is.

btw does anyone think that during the scene where some tear drops to the ground, it was actually Levi who is weeping?
Sep 7, 2013 4:42 PM
Sep 2012
Rewatched subbed. Now that I think about it, couldn't they just have killed it or captured it right there?
Then again, there is that armour ability and Levi's injured leg.
Sep 7, 2013 4:44 PM

Jun 2012
Pipoko said:
Rewatched subbed. Now that I think about it, couldn't they just have killed it or captured it right there?
Then again, there is that armour ability and Levi's injured leg.

How would they have captured it? And Levi notes that their main priority is to get Eren out of there alive.
Shoot first, think never.
Sep 7, 2013 4:44 PM
Mar 2013
arcvnt said:
Arete7 said:
Damn that look on Levi's face when he saw Petra's body dumped out of the wagaon. Holy shit you can tell he's seen alot of people die before his eyes.

also when he gave up his own memento to comfort his subordinate (Im assuming that its from Petra's jacket). Just shows how badass his character is.

btw does anyone think that during the scene where some tear drops to the ground, it was actually Levi who is weeping?

Wow that scene made me cry inside. I think it was from her Jacket. He wanted to remember she, or at least the team were alive TT____TT
I don't think Levi was crying, but I think the tears were there to represent how he was feeling inside.
Sep 7, 2013 4:45 PM

Aug 2013
Levi reminds me of someone.....

Oh yeah. Sonic the Hedgehog, but slightly more awesome.
My Candies:
Sep 7, 2013 4:46 PM

Nov 2011
I watched the preview again. I will going to guess that episode 23 will be a huge cliffhanger with the FT's identity finally being revealed.
Sep 7, 2013 4:48 PM
Sep 2013
Amarrez said:
FeLiNa_ said:

No, they don't. That's why there were so many corpses around after Trost.

How much is the "so many"'?

They spent two days collecting corpses, and they still weren't done.

http://i.imgur.com/4MDUjwS.png

And that means that they titan don't eat the whole body usually?
Probably the most bodies are under destroyed buildings that's why they spend two days, i don't see any number or something that tells the amount of body no eaten by titan is big.
Also the titans puke the humans they eat, this puke is full of corpses.

~Pika Pika!~ Pikachu
~Upa! Metal upa!~ Mayuri
Sep 7, 2013 4:49 PM

May 2013
Most of that episode was from the manga, they added a good bit but it's not filler.
Sep 7, 2013 4:49 PM

Dec 2011
Depressing episode. Looks like it's about to go down in the next episode based on the preview

Sep 7, 2013 4:51 PM

Apr 2010
Sep 7, 2013 4:52 PM

Aug 2011
I bawled. I fucking bawled my eyes out. Seeing Levi and Erwin's defeated eyes broke my heart, especially when Levi saw Petra's body thrown away. Oh God, I'm still in tears.
Sep 7, 2013 4:58 PM

Jul 2013
This episode was so heartbreaking....;_; I was expecting a bunch of epic action with Levi and Mikasa, but this was just.....emotional. I'm still in tears
Sep 7, 2013 5:00 PM
Mar 2010
Great episode, I was surprised Levi vs FT wasn't a bit longer though. Lot of emotion going around and happy that what turned out to be filler was done well.
Dumping the bodies, as if the feels generated from last episode weren't bad enough...

I really like Erwin's character, he creates an interesting contrast between the heroic option and the often realistic/emotionless option.
Sep 7, 2013 5:01 PM

Dec 2012
At first I thought Mikasa was about on the same level as Levi, maybe a little weaker due to having less experience, but holy fuck, Levi is practically stronger than the rest of the Levi squad and Eren combined. Also, I kind of feel like I got gimped at the end, because they had that whole scene with Petra's father, but didn't follow up with his reaction upon learning she was dead.
"Families is where our nation finds hope, where wings take dream!"

- George W. Bush
Sep 7, 2013 5:02 PM
Sep 2013
Mikasa it was kinda useless in this episode, she let his feeling about eren distract her

~Pika Pika!~ Pikachu
~Upa! Metal upa!~ Mayuri

Sep 2012
This sure explained how Levi is the strongest fighter.
Them feels when Petra's dad was talking to Levi :(

Dec 2012
Seriously, I had no idea this was filler until I saw the comments. It was amazingly done, especially Petra's body. Never thought filler could move me so much.

Feb 2013
Tear jerking episode....Poor Petra T_T...can someone plz tell me why the FT was crying?

Nov 2012
Holy Shit Levi, I feel so bad for him having to go through all of this
Sep 7, 2013 5:09 PM
Oct 2011
NoulisVraxati said:
Tear jerking episode....Poor Petra T_T...can someone plz tell me why the FT was crying?

She was sorry...?

Sep 7, 2013 5:10 PM

Jul 2012
Them feels for this episode T.T How they had to dump the bodies.. Levi and Erwin being called out on not having any human feelings.. Pertra's body and her dad.. But man, Mikasa's gotta chill with her deep protectiveness for Eren. :/ Just a little.

So few episodes left, I wonder how they're going to end this.. It doesn't seem as if the ending should be coming this soon whatnot with how the story is going on currently. Well, seeing how good this series is already, I'm just excited for the next episode~
Sep 7, 2013 5:11 PM

Apr 2012
I have to give credit to the artists for good use of hatching for some of the drawings of gruesome expressions.
Sep 7, 2013 5:11 PM

Apr 2013
Most of it was filler.
Levi fighting wow nice. Was the female titan crying?
Poor Petra.. T.T
Sep 7, 2013 5:20 PM

Feb 2013
arcvnt said:
NoulisVraxati said:

She was sorry...?

Why go through with it if she didnt want to do it in the first place then?
Sep 7, 2013 5:22 PM

Oct 2012
NoulisVraxati said:
arcvnt said:
NoulisVraxati said:

She was sorry...?

Because she desperately wants the D (Eren's that is).
Sep 7, 2013 5:24 PM

Nov 2012
xriceball26 said:
But man, Mikasa's gotta chill with her deep protectiveness for Eren. :/ Just a little.

Nah bruh, that's what makes Mikasa "Mikasa"
From the trailer it looks like she might go apeshit when she finds out who the FT is

NoulisVraxati said:
arcvnt said:
NoulisVraxati said:

She was sorry...?

Do you seriously want someone who read the manga to spoil it for you? Or are you forgetting that we don't know either
Sep 7, 2013 5:29 PM

Feb 2012
WoW that was a really sad episode, hard hitting, and right in my heart on some Game of Thrones stuff, not only do they kill off your favs, but they also fuck up their corpse.

Still Capt Levi putting in work was awesome, solo'd that bitch.
Sep 7, 2013 5:34 PM

Feb 2011
Levi is seriously fast.

What they had to do with the bodies was awful. I can understand the different sides of it though.

I don't even wanna know what Levi was feeling when Petra's father came up to him.

Why don't these people blaming the Scouting Legion go out and try fighting FT themselves, hmm? >.>
ChouninatteSep 7, 2013 5:40 PM
眠れないのは君のせい
Sep 7, 2013 5:37 PM

Dec 2012
LOL of all the bodies to show getting dumped they show Petra's. That shit is hilarious. The writers are just loving this torture of Levi right now

And him going Sonic the Hedgehog on the FT was also funny as hell. Seriously, all of the humans so far outside of the ones that can transform into Titans have been shown to fight with some form of practicality, then Levi goes and spin dashes the fuck out of that Titan. It was so "out there" that it actually threw me off for a second, I had to remind myself that it's still a shonen

My only issue was that the retrieval of Eren seemed almost effortless, and probably would've been if Mikasa didn't get in the way. A bit more desperation from the FT to retain Eren's body would've been nice but I suppose she was too tired at that point. I'm actually sad that her reveal is being dragged out as well. A whole week for another 20 minutes which will definitely end in another cliffhanger. =(
Sep 7, 2013 5:38 PM

Aug 2011
Why the damn feels with Petra...? Last episode she gets brutally stomped and now her body is thrown as bait. Levi's expression when she was thrown off and when her dad was talking about her marrying him made me cry so much.

Damn it Dieter. I totally blame him and his friend for all that happened this episode. Filler or not.

But man, those people who talk shit about the Survey Corps really need to go outside the walls themselves and try to get through everything then come back like nobody's business. "They spend all our taxes trying to save us hurrr." What pieces of shit.

And then that little boy literally excited to see them... now that we know what goes on out there it just doesn't feel right. I was with Eren when he started crying.

Sep 7, 2013 5:42 PM

Jul 2013
Levi being badass in the beginning taking out the Female Titan in mere seconds. Good thing Eren is still alive but not the Female Titan who is sitting there in tears.

Such a sad episode that most Survey Corps were killed especially at the ending with Levi and Erwin getting the sad expressions.

Words I can't describe about this episode being tear jerking. Lets see what the next episode would look like.

Sep 7, 2013 5:44 PM

Aug 2013
Nabris said:
Why the damn feels with Petra...? Last episode she gets brutally stomped and now her body is thrown as bait. Levi's expression when she was thrown off and when her dad was talking about her marrying him made me cry so much.

Damn it Dieter. I totally blame him and his friend for all that happened this episode. Filler or not.

But man, those people who talk shit about the Survey Corps really need to go outside the walls themselves and try to get through everything then come back like nobody's business. "They spend all our taxes trying to save us hurrr." What pieces of shit.

And then that little boy literally excited to see them... now that we know what goes on out there it just doesn't feel right. I was with Eren when he started crying.

What made the scene with the little boy worse was that he had the little girl next to him, just like Mikasa was with Eren all those years ago, and Mikasa saw it too, and she had a tear running down her face too (could be sweat, but she definitely has tears in her eyes)

And then Levi with Petra, the whole episode was horrible for Levi, snapping his foot up, and then having to go through all of that.
Sep 7, 2013 5:51 PM

Jan 2011
Such an emotional episode, my feelings were all over the place. Levi is so STRONG - SPIN2WIN! Slicing down the Female Titan like she's salmon. Levi broke/sprained his ankle while saving Mikasa, damn! Female Titan was seen crying? Whoa.

Dieter and his friend were such idiots. My heart broke when Levi told one of the soldiers that the dead corpses aren't anything special and then we see Petra's body get thrown off. You can really tell Erwin and Levi are dying emotionally inside but have to stay strong in order to move forward. The scenes with Levi's squad members families anxiously awaiting for them to return was really heartbreaking. Petra's father talking excitedly with Levi, my heart... That little excited boy was just like Eren when he was young... Imma go cry in a hole now.
5/5
Sep 7, 2013 5:53 PM

Jun 2007
With my memories fuzzy as far as the manga goes, I have to say: the corner-cutting in the all-too-short Levi 'spinwin' bit at the start was rather... startling after the animation in the last ep. ONLY the surprise punch impressed; the mouth-opening part in particular looking awful. I'm fine with there being an aftermath ep but leaving next to NOTHING in terms of action after such a massive cliffhanger ruined it--especially when this ep obv had a lot less attention given/money spent on it. Instead of a 3-min recap + Armin babbling, ep21 should've finished with Levi rescuing Eren. That way, an entire ep dedicated to calming things down before ramping it back up for the finale.

Also: the 1.5 min recap. FINALLY there's something worth showing again, in an ep requiring filler expansion to reach the end... and the animation team go with a rushed/short for Shingeki recap!? The 'however long is required to end the ep where we want' recap logic pisses me the fuck OFF. STOP IT--DON'T JUST SKIP PAST THE BEST FIGHT IN ANIME EVER AFTER PREVIOUSLY RECAPPING EVERTYHING AND ANYTHING! NOOOO!

After the fight, the rest of the first half was a waste of time; panning around each character for one-liners detailing their obvious thoughts about the situation--even giving never-to-be-seen-again family members of the non-Petra variety time! 'Twas way too heavy-handed.

The second half of the ep, on the other hand, impressed me. It explored why foolish human sentimentality is a no-no in Shingeki's universe whilst also exploring Levi's character by making it clear that he does in fact care. And the surprise titans out in the open made things quite exciting. I would've been sold on the entire last half... if not for the Eren recap & time-wasting. Since the ep ended with the legion arriving back in town, WHY NOT HAVE EREN EXPERIENCE A WAKING DREAM!? It would've been PERFECT if he'd arrived as his child self to the return of those he'd fought with in vain... but, ofc, it just repeated an earlier scene in lazy fashion, then had Eren wake-up still on the way back.

Btw, this ep in particular made me feel for how mentally tough you'd have to be to walk in Erwin's shoes. He's leading men on an impossible task, sure a huge chunk will die on every mission as a direct result of his choices, and when he returns home everyone is angry 'cause of all the deaths. Not a job I'd want!

...Anyway, looks like ep23 will have a 5-min recap and end before the next fight, going on the preview teasing SO HARD over the big reveal. Guessing ep24 will be the fight. Then, ep25 to close things off and end with that trolly 'inside the wall' bit? I guess Mr. Hairy won't have time to be introduced for the purposes of series end cliffhangering lulz (note: needs a Aku Hana montage in its final ep). I just hope the next ep begins by showing Ms. Female Titan as she wakes up, in bed, with her hair messy. Since there weren't any volume covers in the releases I read a year or two ago and, ofc, anime colouring wasn't there to make things OBVIOUS, it took until that moment in the manga for me to know for certain who the FT was.
AironicallyHumanSep 7, 2013 5:58 PM
Sep 7, 2013 5:53 PM

May 2013
Good episode.
Sep 7, 2013 5:55 PM

Jul 2012
Great episode. I haven't felt so many goosebumps since episode one. Serious props to Levi heichou. I rewatched his fight with FT because it was too boss.

The animation and art really stepped in this episode, and it shows. Music was also well down as usual.

The preview to ep 23 makes it really obvious who FT is. O_o
Sep 7, 2013 5:56 PM
Jul 2013
Weird episode, Levi's scene was rushed as hell... In the manga he pierces through FT's cheek and retrieves Eren as he goes... It was freaking epic...

Nothing to say about the filler.
For the curse of life, is the curse of want. And so, you peer... Into the fog, in hope of answers.
Sep 7, 2013 5:56 PM

Nov 2011
Levi is such a boss, felt a little dragged out compared to its usual passing but I suppose thats a sign they are running out of time.
Sep 7, 2013 5:58 PM

Jul 2012
Wow, that was filler? It was good filler indeed.
Sep 7, 2013 5:58 PM

Jun 2013
this episode started out intense with levi going ape crazy on the female titan and then became so depressing and sad(meaning that it was very emotional not that it was bad).seeing the survivers of the survey corps collecting the bodies of their dead comrades while the piano was playing in the background was so sad.i almost shed a tear especially when levi told them to dump the bodies and petras body falling out of the cart and levis expression.this anime does a good job of instantly changing my emotions from excited to sad in a matter of minutes. it was also sad how petras dad was talking to levi and saying how he was so happy that she sent him a letter not knowing that she is dead and her body was left on the battlefield.not much action, but a lot of emotions in this episode.overall it was a good episode cant wait for next weeks as annie is finally back.lets see what she does.

did levi twist his ankle or what happened when he landed on the female titans hand?i thought he broke something but he was walking it off like a boss.
Sep 7, 2013 5:59 PM
Sep 2013
I'm liking Levi and Erwin more and more. They're both pretty interesting..
Good episode!
Sep 7, 2013 5:59 PM

Nov 2007
Why would they do such a thing to Petra? T_T

Levi didn't even get to keep the badge he took from her uniform, giving it away to console one of his subordinates. T_T

Even for a filler, it was very emotional. All I can say this that I don't want to understand that she had her reasons for going berserk and killing so many of the recon corps. Now I know what she meant when she was saying "Sorry. I am so sorry".

Oh well, looks like Annie will be involved after a long while. I kinda missed(!) her.

Three more episodes to go and I hope the Live Action isn't meant as a sequel. I want an S2. Since it's WIT Studio working with Production I.G, knowing the latter, I don't think it will have an anime original ending. At least Production I.G. and Madhouse don't do such cheap things like A1.
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Sep 7, 2013 6:00 PM
Jul 2012
The walk through the town must have been hell for them with all of those judgmental eyes and comments being made. At least that kid still believes in them and supports them.
My anime blog
Ganebare Anime
Sep 7, 2013 6:00 PM

Sep 2013
DAT Levi.
This was such a sad ep.
Man, I feel bad for the Survey Cops for being blamed like that..

The whole thing involving the little boy resembling Eren was sad af, I felt the same as him in that moment.. A really heartbreaking moment :/

Seems like Armin is pissed in the PV xD.
Sep 7, 2013 6:06 PM

Jul 2012
shanimebib said:
Three more episodes to go and I hope the Live Action isn't meant as a sequel.

A live action? For THIS anime? Whatwhat
Sep 7, 2013 6:12 PM

Mar 2011
Why do I feel like that that patch was from Petra's jacket? ;_;
Sep 7, 2013 6:13 PM

Mar 2013
My God, almost cried in this episode. Why everything is so sad here?
Pages (13) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» The GOAT first episode

Bolbysaur - Apr 17

42 by BETTY_ »»
Apr 24, 11:28 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 25, 2013

971 by Confessor0 »»
Apr 18, 10:22 AM

» Bug on the app

Jackson_rajkumar - Apr 13

3 by Jackson_rajkumar »»
Apr 15, 4:46 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 28, 2013

1651 by c444de »»
Apr 14, 12:43 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 27, 2013

940 by 4amps »»
Apr 11, 9:56 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.