Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Aug 3, 2013 8:03 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Hmm, the tone got somewhat lighter this episode. Dat home economics class.

This girl seems kinda dangerous:

Action was decent I guess. The slime like monster looked bloody disgusting to me though. Poor Ginka.
Aug 3, 2013 8:46 AM
Jun 2011
this was pretty good episode with most of it focus on ginka charcter development and her femily and less on monster of the week
Aug 3, 2013 10:22 AM

Jan 2012
Enjoyed this episode as much as the previous. Feel sorry for Ginka and her Pops, Honda wasn't a bad guy :'(
Stark700 said:

IS SHE A GIRL, OR A GUY OR A LADY!??? I SMELL A SHAPE SHIFTING TROLL
Aug 3, 2013 10:25 AM

Jul 2013
I like that this episode was centered around Ginka, although I feel bad for her having to put her Uncle to rest. But we did get to learn more about her family, so I enjoyed that, and in the aftermath of all that has happened in this episode, Ginka took things pretty well, I was expecting her to still be depressed.

But this was a pretty good episode, I'm still not sure who or what that little girl is, but she is trouble.
Aug 3, 2013 10:30 AM

Jan 2011
Well, that explains just how takoyaki and Temperance are connected. In a series where the artwork is so cute it's giving me cavities, it's tough to take it seriously when the shapeshifter becomes a femme fatale--not everything is better when it is totally moefied.
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Aug 3, 2013 10:31 AM

Aug 2010
Nice ep.

It was pretty sad...and that silver haired (loli girl/hot girl/mystery guy? )is dangerous XD

Loved Ginka's dad. He's a bro. Too bad he forgot about his friend.

I have a feeling Luna is hiding sth?
Aug 3, 2013 10:46 AM

Dec 2012
I like how Ginka just goes with the flow and accepts it all, it's better than it putting some melodrama in there.
Aug 3, 2013 10:57 AM
Sep 2011
Monde11 said:
I like how Ginka just goes with the flow and accepts it all, it's better than it putting some melodrama in there.

That's just what I was about to say. I like that this show isn't being insufferably angsty about everything that's going on. The girls are growing stronger with their experiences, instead of breaking down and falling into despair and aaaaaaaangst.

I'm glad we didn't have to go through the whole "I can't fight him even though he's trying to kill us all" drama, and instead she decides to put him to rest, knowing he's too far gone to save.

I like that Ginka's father is in on this whole thing, so he's able to deduce that his long time friend is possessed. Kinda sucks that he has to forget him.

A nice Ginka focus episode, I'm glad her backstory was more elaborated on than what we got with Luna a couple episodes back.

Seira's only relevance in this episode seemed to be to display an almost hypnotic love of chicken salad. No complaints there.

All in all a good episode and a nice, lighter in tone breather episode. 4/5.
Aug 3, 2013 10:57 AM

Jul 2013
Average episode, but at least we got to learn more about Ginka and her past. Her father seems like a good person! I was wondering if he would die from electrocution with all those wires falling but somehow he survived... ^^; I guess we're never going to find a way to actually save these people who've given into temptation after all.
Aug 3, 2013 11:22 AM

May 2013
Sad for Ginka. Interesting that her father knows about the who Daemonia thing.
Aug 3, 2013 11:58 AM

Jan 2008
Ginka just became the best pony of the show. Not only she actually thinks LOGICALLY even in such a dire situation, ultimately avoiding playing stupid archetypes like "who-cares-if-we-die-I-need-to-save-everyone" Akari, but she also asks some important question and is able to deal them without drama. Yay for Ginka. Very big yay. Also - her dad is cool, I hope he won't become a victim later. His relationship with Ginka his cute too ^^

I think Luna was either abused by her father or left completely by herself. At least that's what I gathered from her spech during the party.
Also I cracked everytime when those supporting guys told Ginka she grew so much. HA, the joke's on you, she's a loli!
Aug 3, 2013 12:08 PM

Aug 2008
I was not expecting that girl to turn into that guy who hands out cards.

Interesting episode. I feel bad for Honda; he's not a bad guy.

Thanks, person who gave me this on another site a long time ago, lol.
Aug 3, 2013 12:23 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Ciara said:
Ginka just became the best pony of the show. Not only she actually thinks LOGICALLY even in such a dire situation, ultimately avoiding playing stupid archetypes like "who-cares-if-we-die-I-need-to-save-everyone" Akari, but she also asks some important question and is able to deal them without drama. Yay for Ginka. Very big yay.

Yeah I was kind of getting tired of Akari so seeing Ginka and her way of dealing with kind of the same situation was refreshing. Ginka's past was also very interesting.
Aug 3, 2013 12:26 PM

Aug 2011
Ciara said:
Ginka just became the best pony of the show. Not only she actually thinks LOGICALLY even in such a dire situation, ultimately avoiding playing stupid archetypes like "who-cares-if-we-die-I-need-to-save-everyone" Akari, but she also asks some important question and is able to deal them without drama. Yay for Ginka. Very big yay. Also - her dad is cool, I hope he won't become a victim later. His relationship with Ginka his cute too ^^

Yes, I a hundred percent agree. I mean, Akari wasn't experienced at this business, so it kind of made sense as to how she freaked out and got really upset but it didn't change the fact that I got pretty annoyed. Ginka's reaction was perfect; she didn't make a big deal out of the whole thing, because she knew what she had to do and there was no other way to do it. I think Ginka might just become my favourite character.
Aug 3, 2013 12:45 PM

Jul 2012
Better than the last few episodes. Liking Ginka's outlook on the situation more than I do for Akari's.
My Anime Blog: http://www.Entravity.com/
Episodic overviews of the latest anime.

Aug 3, 2013 12:48 PM

Mar 2012
Funny how the shape-shifting tempter appears to the teenage girl in the last episode as a bishounen, but to the old guy in this episode as a loli. What if (s)he is trying to suit the current target's tastes? If that's the case, what does that imply about the old guy's feelings towards Ginka? Hehehe...

But yeah, I was afraid that the next few episodes would consist of nothing but the yellow-haired hippie and the blue-haired fascist bickering over the fate of the victim/monster of the week with the other girls begging them to just get along, so it was nice to see somepony else take a stand, with neither angst nor dickishness afterwards.

Edit: "somepony"? Goddamnit, Ciara, look what you made me do! ;)
vonPeterhofAug 3, 2013 12:58 PM
Aug 3, 2013 12:51 PM

Jan 2011
^Agreeing with all of above that favor Ginka's reaction to hearing the Daemonia's voice.

Also I think the CEO guy is Akari's father.
jugann said:
Enjoyed this episode as much as the previous. Feel sorry for Ginka and her Pops, Honda wasn't a bad guy :'(
Stark700 said:

IS SHE A GIRL, OR A GUY OR A LADY!??? I SMELL A SHAPE SHIFTING TROLL

We have so many gender ambiguous characters this season: Sitri (Makai Ouji), Fujisaki (Dangan ronpa), Ange (Majestic prince), Rui and BK (Gatchaman crowds), Yasaburou and "Prince" (Uchouten Kazoku), Armin (Shingeki no kyojin)
VioLinkAug 3, 2013 1:04 PM
[center]
Aug 3, 2013 1:02 PM

Dec 2012
Personally this was a step up from the previous episodes, I liked the focus on Ginka and the decision she made in regards to Honda. Also got a new look at the people behind the Daemonia incidents and how they're starting to take a bigger offensive.
Aug 3, 2013 1:27 PM

Mar 2009
After watching this episode, I think(just my speculation) the blue haired guy/girl real identity maybe this character:

Aug 3, 2013 3:03 PM

May 2012
I'm pretty sure Akari's father was killed by her mom. It would fit the pieces a lot more than some random CEO being her father. It's a possibility of course, but yeah.
Aug 3, 2013 6:07 PM

Apr 2012
I wonder how the blue haired girl will react when someone she loves turns into a Daemonia ^^
Aug 3, 2013 6:20 PM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
Tendou-kun said:
I wonder how the blue haired girl will react when someone she loves turns into a Daemonia ^^
I suspect that's already in Seira's history. In a prior episode there was a flash of a face, and there is a stuffed animal in her room she keeps looking at...
Aug 3, 2013 6:27 PM

Nov 2012
I was finding Ginka's cheerful 'who care's if i'm killing people I get money!" attitude bothersome in early episode's so i'm glad that here they dealt with both her feeling's toward money, and her having to lose someone close to her because of her fighting and It's good that she's resolved to keep fighting despite that. I like her more now than I did earlier.

Next episode looks like it will focus on Seira. Good. Her attitude is starting to grate on me. I expect that either she will finally explain to the other's why she feels the way she does about fighting . . . or she will turn on them completely and try to fight on her own at some point.

4/5. Enjoying this anime so far, but probably not one i'll rewatch in the future.
MemoBookwormAug 3, 2013 6:30 PM
Aug 3, 2013 9:57 PM

Jun 2013
To be honest, I was expecting Ginka to not be able to kill Honda. I was wrong, and I'm glad I was wrong, I like how she was able to go through with killing him instead of trying to find a way to save him.

The little bits of backstory that was shown made Honda's death a little more saddening too.

Also... Did the whole Daemonia thing happen to Akari's father too? From the little bit and the flashback, that's what I can try to infer.
Aug 3, 2013 10:48 PM

Jul 2013
This is a decent episode, at least we get to see some of Ginka's past and her pain reaction on the Daemonia Honda.

tbh I want the fight to last longer and Ginka struggles to reason with Honda.

Aug 3, 2013 11:41 PM

Feb 2013
I thought it was kinda weird that ginka was happy at the end after she just killed hondo, she could have been faking it tho. And who is that mystery guy who is always looking out the window of that high building giving orders to the daemonia
[/url]
Aug 4, 2013 12:21 AM

Jul 2013
This episode show more focus in Ginka development and i think she is more mature than other girls in team.
She landed a kill blow to her uncle that become daemonia to let him rest in peace i think that was realy realistic and logically.
but sometimes i found it's a bit creepy to see a little girl act so realistic and logically in that age of hers, but no prob this just anime after all so i dont bother it too much.

And that hoodie guys is not a guys anymore but a gender shifter
oh my god.. he has an adult woman form and loli form.
i hope all her appreance from now on is loli form ahaha~
Aug 4, 2013 12:55 AM

Jul 2010
This episode moves the anime up a notch in my view. It was well done, humorous, and revealed a good deal about several of the characters. I love the explanation that touching Akari will let the others hear the voices, it makes the final scene in the ED a lot more meaningful.

Also, the yuri shipping of Sun and Moon is pretty clear here...
Aug 4, 2013 7:05 AM

Feb 2013
Ginka's dad is the greatest dad ever. I love seeing the two of them interact (flying retort scene was adorable as hell).
Aug 4, 2013 8:58 AM

Aug 2010
Nice episode. Just one thing: Can't we have the loli triplets back for the thing in the end? I don't care for these weird familiars at all.
I want Rambo in a mecha-suit with a laser-chainsaw gun that fires nuclear warheads, fighting the love-child of Predator, Alien, a group of Bangladeshi terrorists, and Satan. (Actually that would be a pretty sick show) - StopDropAndBowl
Aug 4, 2013 9:02 AM

Jan 2008
vonPeterhof said:
Edit: "somepony"? Goddamnit, Ciara, look what you made me do! ;)

Ahahaha, those pesky ponies :D They really are everywhere!

And I also think Seira already have someone dear to her dying as her personal drama. And probably the alpaka (am I remembering that one right?) plushie is a memento/gift from that person. But at this point I am more interested in Luna's story, Seira will probably be"I failed/Kill for the greater good because drama" type of character so I don't expect ground-breaking plot here. Luna though... they are building it up in an interesting way, so let's see what's in store for the Green Chick.
Aug 4, 2013 11:19 AM

Jan 2013
Glad there's someone smart enough to finish the job quickly and not waste it with trying to talk sense to the MOTW. Ginka made the right choice. Sure it may sound cruel, but if the person is as good as dead, then perhaps it's best to end his misery as soon as possible.
REJECT ANIMU - EMBRACE TOKU
Aug 4, 2013 11:52 AM

Apr 2010
Guess next week they will have to fight the associates of Honda and Ginka's father since from the looks of it they also got infected.
Don't know what Ginka was thinking at the end but she looked a but to bright guessing it will have effect in a latter stage of the anime.

It's also a question what Luna is thinking from the looks of it something will happen to her.
Aug 4, 2013 1:28 PM

Oct 2011
Ginka focused episode. Aww she killed her uncle but she had too. Wondering if the others will get a own episode?
Aug 4, 2013 3:15 PM

Feb 2013
Good drama in this episode with Ginka's uncle.
Aug 5, 2013 10:03 AM

Sep 2012
Too Monster of the Week-y so far.
The episode did a good job at characterizing Ginka, her father and Honda, but that's all. Not a single twist, but I still have hope.
It's also interesting the morality discussion about killing someone who can't be saved anymore. Nothing groundbreaking, but it's there.
And the two villains seem to be very cliché, but let's see yet.
Aug 5, 2013 12:00 PM

Jun 2012
Monde11 said:

^Yeah

Not a bad episode, or I finally got used to this series a little more.

Aug 5, 2013 2:29 PM

Jul 2012
I love how Akari can't even kill random people that she doesn't even know who turned into Daemonia because she's too busy trying to ~hear their voice~ and untransforming to do anything, yet Ginka is able to get the strength and will to put someone that she knew for almost her entire life out of their misery by killing them.

Tl;dr Akari sucks, Ginka rocks.
Aug 5, 2013 3:37 PM

Jan 2012
money brings suffering, doesn't it?
Aug 6, 2013 4:48 PM

Mar 2012
I really don't understand why this show is getting such low ratings on MAL.

I mean sure, it's not great and I can understand why people might not like Akari, but I do think it's one of the better anime I've watched so far this year.
Aug 7, 2013 1:20 PM

Jul 2012
Toucanbird said:

I mean sure, it's not great and I can understand why people might not like Akari, but I do think it's one of the better anime I've watched so far this year.

I guess that's not saying much since most of the anime that's come out this year are pretty mediocre.

I'd say the low ratings come from 1) the people who already dropped + rated it (these ratings will disappear when it's done airing) 2) the people who see it as one big Madoka ripoff 3) the artstyle and ~edginess~ of the show.
Aug 8, 2013 2:35 PM

Jan 2013
That was alright.

Not feeling attached to any of these characters.
Aug 8, 2013 5:39 PM

Mar 2013
Toucanbird said:

Agree. It's nothing genius, but every episode has been fairly enjoyable for me so far. Madoka is one of my favorite Animes and I see some similarities, but it should not get compared to it!
Aug 9, 2013 2:46 PM

Oct 2012
Great episode, Ginka dad sure is special...anyway they looked pretty great in dresses at that party.
Also Cute little evil girl who is actually a dude or not ?! Quite the trial once again also as Ginka decided to hear her "uncle" but still evil deeds.
Aug 9, 2013 3:01 PM

Mar 2012
ihateeveryone said:
Toucanbird said:

I guess that's not saying much since most of the anime that's come out this year are pretty mediocre.

I'd say the low ratings come from 1) the people who already dropped + rated it (these ratings will disappear when it's done airing) 2) the people who see it as one big Madoka ripoff 3) the artstyle and ~edginess~ of the show.

I'd agree with that assessment. I thought 2012 was kinda disappointing and I'd say 2013 is even worse.

The only really good anime I've watched so far this year (debuts only) are Shingeki no Kyojin, To Aru Kagaku no Railgun S, and Chihayafuru 2...that's kind of a sad number considering I've watched 22 anime series so far this year (counting this season).
Aug 9, 2013 3:04 PM

Mar 2012
dacawizards said:
Toucanbird said:

Agree. It's nothing genius, but every episode has been fairly enjoyable for me so far. Madoka is one of my favorite Animes and I see some similarities, but it should not get compared to it!

It is extremely reminiscent of Madoka...but hell, why is that a bad thing? I'd rather watch a rip-off of Madoka than most of the schlock that's coming out nowadays.
Aug 10, 2013 4:43 PM

Mar 2013
Toucanbird said:
dacawizards said:
Toucanbird said:

It is extremely reminiscent of Madoka...but hell, why is that a bad thing? I'd rather watch a rip-off of Madoka than most of the schlock that's coming out nowadays.

Yeah it really has the same feeling to it. I guess the hardcore fans of Madoka are just not giving the series a chance and dismiss it as a cheap rip-off and I think that being a mahou shoujo anime doesn't help its reputation either.
Aug 10, 2013 11:55 PM

Apr 2009
Ginka's uncle becoming the next victim of the week was rather predictable early in the episode, but her reaction after essentially mercy killing him wasn't as much. Extended drama and heroic BSOD averted. Granted, it's her father's best friend and not actually her father. One thing's for sure: she's a lot more decisive and collected than she appears to be.

inb4 Luna develops Yandere tendencies after slowly becoming more jealous
Aug 15, 2013 2:57 PM
Sep 2011
this monster of the week just made me think of this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bHBRxMz1V04

idk if that makes it better or worse...
Aug 16, 2013 9:43 PM

Jan 2008
Metass said:
After watching this episode, I think(just my speculation) the blue haired guy/girl real identity maybe this character:

that or the bird or cat maybe but wont know until story pans out.

Good ep feel sorry for Ginka with her dad not knowing anymore she has to suffer alone.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Genei wo Kakeru Taiyou Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 10, 2013

65 by BadMeme »»
Aug 10, 2022 4:57 PM

Poll: » Genei wo Kakeru Taiyou Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 14, 2013

49 by SuperGalaxy211 »»
Apr 11, 2020 8:29 AM

Poll: » Genei wo Kakeru Taiyou Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 27, 2013

83 by removed-user »»
Oct 2, 2019 6:26 AM

Poll: » Genei wo Kakeru Taiyou Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 7, 2013

54 by tokidoki921 »»
Sep 10, 2019 1:01 PM

Poll: » Genei wo Kakeru Taiyou Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 20, 2013

121 by removed-user »»
May 14, 2019 7:08 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.