Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (10) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Jun 30, 2013 9:34 AM
May 2013
NEVER have an hight expectation, then you won`t be dissapointed Takuan_Soho :'). I really enjoy that series because I didn`t expect anything- nor because it was write by Urobutchi or its mecha. I had really good time with it and still have a little hope for second season (there is still too many mysteries to drop it like that). And I hope Chamber will back, even as a fusion with Hideuze. I wished that Amy and Ledo kissed at the end, but its ok that they sorta stated their feelings for eachother during the episode (awww Ledo want to see Amy again and then cried T_T). Chamber was sorta parental figure for Ledo, RIP for him :'(.
Jun 30, 2013 9:39 AM

Apr 2013
Colascka said:
NEVER have an hight expectation, then you won`t be dissapointed Takuan_Soho :'). I really enjoy that series because I didn`t expect anything- nor because it was write by Urobutchi or its mecha. I had really good time with it and still have a little hope for second season (there is still too many mysteries to drop it like that). And I hope Chamber will back, even as a fusion with Hideuze. I wished that Amy and Ledo kissed at the end, but its ok that they sorta stated their feelings for eachother during the episode (awww Ledo want to see Amy again and then cried T_T). Chamber was sorta parental figure for Ledo, RIP for him :'(.
only first and 2 lasts episode were wrote by Uro.
Jun 30, 2013 9:52 AM

Jan 2010
Colascka said:

Yeah, Chamber is like mother to Ledo..I mean somehow he act like mother and father sometime.
Sourire said:

^^ Really?? No wonder why those episode sooooooo GREAT!
And, this time Urobuchi keep his word by giving us whitish-grey ending.....

Jun 30, 2013 9:56 AM

Sep 2012
^ No need to cross it. It is indeed an ending that is gray but skewed towards white.
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Jun 30, 2013 10:01 AM
Oct 2012
Colascka said:
NEVER have an hight expectation, then you won`t be dissapointed Takuan_Soho :').

Ah sage advice indeed. In my defense I went into the show with NO expectations, it was the first two episodes that tricked me!
Jun 30, 2013 10:06 AM

Jan 2013
I shall wait till 3am , watch the show, and then sleep
A friend and I started ShoukoChan Anime T-shirts. We design modern and fashionable anime T-shirts you'd love to wear on a day out. Come check us out!
Jun 30, 2013 10:17 AM

Jan 2010
symbv said:
^ No need to cross it. It is indeed an ending that is gray but skewed towards white.

Cause people don't believe his word before~...>3>...

Awww..my heart still can't let go Gargantia yet...
Chamber last word.."Go to hell, tin can."
AoiMizuJun 30, 2013 10:42 AM

Jun 30, 2013 10:45 AM
May 2013
Takuan_Soho said:
Colascka said:
NEVER have an hight expectation, then you won`t be dissapointed Takuan_Soho :').

Ah sage advice indeed. In my defense I went into the show with NO expectations, it was the first two episodes that tricked me!

Lol I sense sarcasm but its ok ;]. Well u wanted something more deep from it and I understand u. Some things were wasted, some things not. Above all of it, I won`t search hole in whole and point all weak points of this show since it was so much fun to watch it :'). Cheer up.
Oct 2010
o lobster lady in love <3

chamber was so badass.. like a tachikoma :')

great series
Dont bother replying to my posts in forums, dont check them afterwards.

Sep 2008
Chamber! NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
;(

Author have guts to kill such cool robo!
Great character, great look at great seiyuu!
Also Ledo *.*

Love this series!
I wish this anime have more episodes!
I'm looking forward for special episode!
Jun 30, 2013 10:47 AM

Jun 2012
SUGITA-BOT!!!!!!!

I liked the ending for what it was with Ledo putting an old chapter of his life to rest but how they got there definitely could have gone smoother. Ledo slowly finding his humanity in the first half was well done and is the big reason his conflict in the second half of the story even makes sense but as soon as Ledo and Pinion left for the whale squid nest cracks started to show

The writing wasn't as tight and it just wasn't coming together as well as it should have, though serviceable. I'm positive there could have been a way to introduce the cult Stryker was leading earlier into the story intertwining with Ledo learning the true origins of the Hideauze.

Even though Chamber was on the side of the protagonist, I'm not sure I disagree with Stryker's deductions about him. Chamber telling Stryker to go to hell was a good indicator of that. I can't help but be curious if Ledo dying along with Chamber would've fit better overall into his journey.

Full Review on my blog coming later today

I would totally watch a harem Gargantia spinoff with Pinion as the lead. That ending with his brown girl mechanic, Bellows, and Rackage was hilarious
HybridMBLJun 30, 2013 11:07 AM
Jun 30, 2013 10:55 AM

Dec 2011
That was... an epic episode. Oh my God. I thought Ledo would really die protecting Gargantia. Chamber sacrificing himself for Ledo, even a robot can be human too. Love how he used Pinion's way of calling Chamber on Striker, "Go to hell, tin can!"

This series really brought things to think about especially about being human. Really good series. One of the best titles this season.

And, I think Chamber is the robot that the whalesquid/Hideauze is staying.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 30, 2013 10:56 AM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Aww Chamber :( But AI/mech ever. I love how he said, "in response, go to hell, tin can." Chamber made the best decisions, and Ledo crying because Chamber was gone was really sad. But at least everything ended well, with Ledo being able to live a normal life on Gargantia. Urobuchi definitely made a great first and last episode. Although it was a fun ride, I agree that the writing could've been "tighter" like Hybridbloodszak said. Also, I'm glad to see the preorder sales go up ^^
Jun 30, 2013 11:07 AM
Oct 2010
Hrmm... I was expecting something less standard. Also, some issues were just thrown out the window...

6/10 overall. Although it might be more out of disappointment, I'll revise my rating at a later time.
"Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain"
Friedrich Schiller
Jun 30, 2013 11:12 AM
Feb 2009
that is the most bad ass AI i ever watched o.o
oblivious is a bliss
Jun 30, 2013 11:15 AM

Jun 2013
Very disappointing. For some reason I figured this series would turn out more mature, but as a kid's show I guess it is OK. Mostly my fault for expecting more out of it. Parts of it seemed like it could be developing a serious plot, but I looked too much into those details. In the end it is another kid's show.

It would have been better if Ledo had said yes and died fighting to save the fleet.

Overall 6/10.

If it had stayed with the flow of the first two episodes, then it could have easily been an 8 or 9.
ex_necrossJun 30, 2013 11:22 AM
Jun 30, 2013 11:19 AM

Apr 2007
let's all have a moment of silence and thank the enemy robot for just standing there doing nothing, while people have long conversations.
Jun 30, 2013 11:19 AM

May 2010
alrite ending for an alrite anime so 7/10

i expected more of it tho..the pacing really slowed down somewhere in the mid and picked up after the twist again.
Jun 30, 2013 11:20 AM
Jun 2013
damn that series was so promising when it started. but something definately has gone wrong in the course.
Jun 30, 2013 11:23 AM

Jan 2013
Solid ending, 8/10
Jun 30, 2013 11:24 AM

Mar 2012
Wow, Urobuchi wrote a happy ending. A really, really good happy ending. Sure what happened to Chamber was kind of tragic (And I'll freely admit his sacrifice made some rain) but it was strangely uplifting. Not to mention it was conclusive and superbly written. That settles it, this show gets a 10/10 from me. Easily the best show this season
Sourire said:
Not true. The last two episodes were the only ones written entirely by him but he co-wrote the entire thing
Jun 30, 2013 11:27 AM

Oct 2012
AoiMizu said:
Well, as everyone expected for Chamber's fate....there you go! Accept them all!
And Pinion still alive and build his own haremmmm~ mmmm...

Pinion gets all the bitches now that he let his hair down. Overall the show was slightly above average for me, the start and ending were strong but the middle was dull.
VodkasJun 30, 2013 11:30 AM
Jun 30, 2013 11:27 AM

Jan 2010
Here

Jun 30, 2013 11:31 AM

Aug 2011
"Go to hell, Tin Can" I knew he was gonna say that to Stryker. Chamber u will go down as one of me favorite robos just for that.
Jun 30, 2013 11:33 AM

Aug 2010
In the end, Chamber was a fucking BRObot. RIP Chamber, you will be missed.

But I'd like to see how Amy and Ledo "get along" now =/
I want Rambo in a mecha-suit with a laser-chainsaw gun that fires nuclear warheads, fighting the love-child of Predator, Alien, a group of Bangladeshi terrorists, and Satan. (Actually that would be a pretty sick show) - StopDropAndBowl
Jun 30, 2013 11:33 AM

Aug 2011
great show
Jun 30, 2013 11:34 AM

May 2011
CHAMBER IS A BRO! NEVAR FORGET!
Jun 30, 2013 11:37 AM

Jul 2011
we can see chamber at the end of the episode, so it can be recovered?

is there going to be a second season?

Dipole-DipoleJun 30, 2013 11:44 AM
Jun 30, 2013 11:37 AM

Jan 2012
Oh Tin Can! How are they going to have a barbeque feast with out you, I mean you were the backbone on this!
Jun 30, 2013 11:42 AM

Aug 2010
Dipole-Dipole said:

Would you mind putting that picture in spoiler tags. Please? Pretty Please?
I want Rambo in a mecha-suit with a laser-chainsaw gun that fires nuclear warheads, fighting the love-child of Predator, Alien, a group of Bangladeshi terrorists, and Satan. (Actually that would be a pretty sick show) - StopDropAndBowl
Jun 30, 2013 11:56 AM

Apr 2011
Chamber T.T

The ending was grey towards to white. Interesting characters and a story that makes you question a lot of things.

9/10

Waiting for the Special episode now.
Jun 30, 2013 11:58 AM

May 2009
bastek66 said:
Winners of contest
http://i.imgur.com/XL5Z5aGl.jpg

Wow, so there was a contest to design characters to put in that scene? When I saw this part I thought it was weird that a few characters in that scene were surprisingly well designed instead of the "generic background character" stuff we usually see.

Anyway I think this anime suffered a lot from the jump from slice of life to action. They should've stuck with one or the other; the way the plot set up just couldn't a give a satisfying ending since they couldn't develop one genre enough.

Chamber's sacrifice was probably the only thing that made sense and was sad to see since they developed his character and showed how he changed from the start to the end of the anime. THAT made sense and was one of the few satisfying things in the ending.

And seriously? Heaven's Ladder? Where the hell did that come from? What a terrible Deus Ex Machina.

6/10 to 8/10 just because of how epic Chamber was.
Jun 30, 2013 12:00 PM

Jan 2010
Heaven Ladder. I took this from ep4

Just a big cannon! I thought it will fire sort of like beam laser but...Oh well....

Jun 30, 2013 12:02 PM

Nov 2011
The last few episodes where disappointing.

5/10

My Twitter : link
My Last.fm : link
Jun 30, 2013 12:04 PM
Jan 2010
I called it, this ending was totally rushed. This show could've been so much more with 24 eps.
Jun 30, 2013 12:04 PM

Jan 2013
Wasn't this supposed to be a show about pacifism?
Jun 30, 2013 12:05 PM
Aug 2011
Ah Chamber, he was always my fav.

RockerXD said:
CHAMBER IS A BRO! NEVAR FORGET!

He's the truest bro of all times. :']

This was iffy around the middle but overall I enjoyed it.
Jun 30, 2013 12:05 PM

May 2013
I'm so conflicted right now.
Jun 30, 2013 12:08 PM

Oct 2011
in the end 5/10 - it had great start and those firs 7 episodes, good mood, relaxing SoL climate. It was great to see.
But of course they had to put all that teh drama... problem was that twists were rather predictable - maybe except one with commander as rest was weak.
Somehow that last battle felt rushed and too easy.
Not that I expected too much from Uro but it felt like wasted potential.
Jun 30, 2013 12:11 PM
Dec 2012
Chamber QnQ
Nice last words btw QnQ
Jun 30, 2013 12:13 PM
Feb 2013
Sad to see this anime finish, including Chamber. The way he sacrificed himself was just EPIC! "Go to hell, Tincan!!" I just laughed at how awesome that was! XD

And I wanted to see a bigger Ledo x Amy ending, not just them talking to each other. I wanted a more romantic kind of ending. X(
Jun 30, 2013 12:13 PM

Jul 2007
Beautiful, beautiful, BEAUTIFUL finale.

I love the serene conclusion and the way the epilogue was handled. I love the self-aware AIs thing, I love Chamber's last words - he did indeed develop, he was indeed a character and we never noticed that.

Ledo shone too. As did Pinion. As did Amy as did EVERY SINGLE character that was important. Gods I love this conclusion.

The beings that are alliance and hideauze can continue their mindless war as both sides are essentially no longer human. And humanity will rebuild where it began - on earth. Hopefully learning from past mistakes and not repeating then.

The show started as generic mecha show, but every episode got better as the show abandoned the mecha tropes and focused on characters instead - just like in Urobutcher's Madoka - the genre is a background element, while characters are the foreground.

This without a doubt was the best mecha show this year and possibly the most enjoyable and exciting mecha show since gundam 00.

5/5 for episode

10/10 for the show itself.

I would certainly LOVE seeing more of this.
Jun 30, 2013 12:17 PM

May 2013
Go to hell, tin can!! lol

I enjoyed this anime a lot.
Jun 30, 2013 12:20 PM

Jul 2007

This will go down as the BEST quote of this anime year.

also I just love how the symbol of the war between two sides of humanity is now a nesting place. if there was a better metaphor for the road towards the peace between those two races its this:

Also this just confirmed that Hideauze are not inherently aggressive - Ledo did not do anything hostile and they did not touch him IN THEIR OWN NEST.
AhenshihaelJun 30, 2013 12:24 PM
Jun 30, 2013 12:25 PM

Jul 2012
Wow. They actually had a decent finale. The anime as a whole isn't as good as I thought, but this episode is actually pretty good for the state it was in before this episode.

Urobuchi doing work again.
My Anime Blog: http://www.Entravity.com/
Episodic overviews of the latest anime.

Jun 30, 2013 12:26 PM
Aug 2011
I know this seems low to most but I gave it a 7/10. Honestly this show feels so misleading when you watch the first two episodes. It quickly turns very slice of life, though it takes off again kind of at the end.

It was a good series, just didn't go into this one expecting what I got. It was enjoyable though.
Jun 30, 2013 12:28 PM

Sep 2012
Wordsmith said:
Dipole-Dipole said:

Would you mind putting that picture in spoiler tags. Please? Pretty Please?
Why??? That image is at the end of this episode? No need to spoil things in this episode...

Decent happy ending. Was fun. Not satisfying enough for me to buy it but an enjoyable watch this season.
Jun 30, 2013 12:30 PM

Apr 2011
RIP In peace Chambers.

8/10, could have easily been a 10/10 if it were longer.
ValaskjalfJun 30, 2013 12:34 PM
Jun 30, 2013 12:31 PM

Jul 2007
Dr_Smurph said:
I know this seems low to most but I gave it a 7/10. Honestly this show feels so misleading when you watch the first two episodes. It quickly turns very slice of life, though it takes off again kind of at the end.

It was a good series, just didn't go into this one expecting what I got. It was enjoyable though.

Maybe you should have paid attention to , oh I don' tknow EVERYTHING TELLING YOU THIS IS SLICE OF LIFE?

- Urobutcher directed. You know, the guy who did magical girl show and made it to be NOT about magical girls, but about characters themselves. If you take away the action moments, Madoka is pretty much slice-of-life too.
- THE TITLE. Does this scream as war pew pew stuff? Gargantia of Green-ish planet?
- The setting.
- The calm and nice opening.
- About a dozen of quotes form both the director and the writer that this is the show about social communication and social interaction.
- The fact that they left the pew-pew space within first 5 minutes of the show and landed in the world where any pew pews are impossible due to tech-gap?
Jun 30, 2013 12:32 PM

Sep 2012
7/10

Had a marvelous setting, specially with the twist in episode 9, but then the plot was pretty rushed in the last episodes, didn't really pay off completely, had a few boring clichés. I think this should've been 2-cour.

Character development was great. The slice-of-life part that started it was dragged, could've left more episodes for the plot, but had results by episode 9 and had a great introspection of Ledo in this last episode. Chamber was a fantastic and fun AI character that even learnt with his pilot and all they went through, culminating in his decision in the end.

Artwork was truly unique and bright.

In the end, Urobuchi's weakest work along with Phantom (the anime, maybe the VN is better).
Pages (10) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Suisei no Gargantia Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

bastek66 - Jun 23, 2013

340 by Hayley2877 »»
Apr 5, 7:45 AM

Poll: » Suisei no Gargantia Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 16, 2013

261 by Hayley2877 »»
Apr 5, 7:35 AM

Poll: » Suisei no Gargantia Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 9, 2013

344 by Hayley2877 »»
Apr 5, 7:24 AM

Poll: » Suisei no Gargantia Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 2, 2013

667 by Hayley2877 »»
Apr 5, 7:10 AM

Poll: » Suisei no Gargantia Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 26, 2013

253 by Hayley2877 »»
Apr 5, 6:55 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.