Forum Settings
Forums
New
Do you think you'll switch any time in the future?
Pages (21) « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 10 » ... Last »
Aug 18, 2013 12:03 PM

Apr 2012
Battlechili1 said:
Hummingbird added anime influenced works like Avatar and RWBY.
I'm loving Hummingbird.

Only time will tell how that ends up.
"The more inexperienced you are, the more you want to show off."
- Oreki, Hyouka
Aug 18, 2013 12:29 PM

Mar 2012
Battlechili1 said:
I'm loving Hummingbird.
I can't see that ending well.
LoneWolf said:
@Josh makes me sad to call myself Canadian.
Aug 18, 2013 1:35 PM

Jul 2012
IntroverTurtle said:
Battlechili1 said:
IntroverTurtle said:
It's working for them now but I fear for the future. Because there really is no limit for anime inspired. Shows like South Park could be added if someone thinks they are anime inspired or if the creators said that they were. They're going off of looks or feel or whatever. They're going to end up with tons of people asking for cartoons from all different countries to be added and then it's going to be a cartoon/anime site. I don't think there's an objective way to say whether an cartoon is or isn't anime inspired so they'll have to go off of the mod's personal judgement.

I think a simple, objective way of determining what shows to add would be to add shows that have storylines and have art that involves pointy hair and has characters that look more realistic. While many Japanese animations don't follow this trend, a large portion of them do, and so comparing other countries' works to what the majority of anime looks like might work well.

Also most things influenced by anime will probably look a bit like the majority.
There is no way to objectively do that though. So then is Archer anime inspired since the art is more "realistic"? What about the anime Shin chan, the characters don't look realistic at all? Spikey hair so Johny Test is an anime inspired work? What about Hey Arnold? Helga's a tsundere.
I'm pretty sure nobody went through all anime and found that most follow those things. Anime has been around since the 1910s and the artstyle has changed a lot.

See "look like" is not objective. You can say it looks like anime while I can say it doesn't.

And there are still hundreds if not thousands of shows that could eventually go into Hummingbird. That's when it changes from being an anime listing site to a animated show listing site.

But does Shin Chan look like most anime? You can't deny that most anime look rather similar to each other nowadays. Anime has changed a lot over time sure, but even anime from the 1960s still looks somewhat realistic and still has somewhat pointy hair and have a storyline. 1960s Astro Boy and Kimba the White Lion show this even then, which was decades ago. Meanwhile, the majority of animations outside of Japan don't look realistic nor do they pointy hair nor do they have storylines.I think "anime influenced" could simply refer to what the majority of anime look like. Shin Chan is still anime because it was made in Japan. I feel this should include all anime and anime influenced works, which would be towards what the majority of anime look like, which is a combination or rather realistic looking characters with really pointy hair, which is the art, along with a storyline. You can't say that Johnny Test or Hey Arnold is such because it has no storyline nor does it look realistic. Archer doesn't have a storyline nor does it have pointed hair. Now of course not all animation from Japan looks the same. Some look radically different from the norm. But what if we simply determined "anime influenced" to be something that looks similar to the majority and works like the majority of anime?
Aug 18, 2013 1:39 PM

Aug 2012
I might give them a try, I'm not afraid of change.
~Whatever the mind of man can conceive and believe, it can achieve
Aug 18, 2013 2:16 PM
Apr 2012
Battlechili1 said:
I'm loving Hummingbird.

Correct me if I'm wrong. But in addition not being an anime, RWBY is a semi-professional web series, right? So, they're basically adding fan works on the basis they're popular? That should give them a good deal of headaches once they allow manga.
Aug 18, 2013 2:26 PM

Jul 2012
paean said:
Battlechili1 said:
I'm loving Hummingbird.

Correct me if I'm wrong. But in addition not being an anime, RWBY is a semi-professional web series, right? So, they're basically adding fan works on the basis they're popular? That should give them a good deal of headaches once they allow manga.

Perhaps...However it has gotten so far to where its now streaming on Crunchyroll and is going to have a DVD release in the US. Some official company is doing the release in Australia.
Aug 18, 2013 2:33 PM

Nov 2010
Battlechili1 said:
But does Shin Chan look like most anime?
My point was that most anime don't look similar. That they can even look as crudely drawn as Shin chan and be called an anime. If you're going just by looks and feel and not by where it's made then would Shin chan be in the database? And there are other anime that are drawn crudely like that.

Battlechili1 said:
You can't deny that most anime look rather similar to each other nowadays.
Denied. I just did.

These are all from this year and I didn't even look through half of them. And only clicked on the ones I recognized.

Battlechili1 said:
Anime has changed a lot over time sure, but even anime from the 1960s still looks somewhat realistic and still has somewhat pointy hair and have a storyline.
Here this pic is from an anime from the 40s.

How the hell does having a story make it anime inspired? Stories are as old as time. Nothing anime original about them. And are you saying a cartoon can't have a story? What about Disney movies that came out before these "modern" anime?

Pointy hair =/= realistic. Real hair has gravity affecting it, we don't live in Yu gi Oh world.

And unless it's rotoscoped, like no anime looks realistic and even then. If you're talking about modern anime too, they don't look realistic. These nowadays anime you want to compare cartoons with don't have realistic art. If you compare them to stuff like Spongebob or Shin chan then they look more realistic but they aren't close to what real humans look realistically.

Battlechili1 said:
1960s Astro Boy and Kimba the White Lion show this even then, which was decades ago. Meanwhile, the majority of animations outside of Japan don't look realistic nor do they pointy hair nor do they have storylines.
And Osamu Tezuka who made those, was inspired by Disney. Sleeping Beauty, Pinnochio, Snow white and the Seven Dwarves were all before the 50s. Are you saying those movies and all the other stuff Disney made don't have stories? They may not be long running but that doesn't make a difference. Now here is when I ask how much do you know about older cartoons? Have you even researched to say most don't have a story like that.
The majority of animation in Japan doesn't look realistic. And you're still using pointy hair as something that makes something anime, ridiculous.

Battlechili1 said:
I think "anime influenced" could simply refer to what the majority of anime look like.
Bring me proof that the majority of anime from 1917 when the first Japanese anime was made until now and show me how the majority of anime look like or you don't have a case. Majority means 51% or more btw.

You yourself have completed 51 anime which is .62 percent of the anime on MAL. So not even a percent. And most of the anime you've watched is from the 90s on. What do you know about the majority of anime?

Battlechili1 said:
Shin Chan is still anime because it was made in Japan. I feel this should include all anime and anime influenced works, which would be towards what the majority of anime look like, which is a combination or rather realistic looking characters with really pointy hair, which is the art, along with a storyline.
So now you're changing it from if it looks like anime style then it should be included to It's an anime if it's made in Japan and we want to add stuff that we think looks like anime.
And I've already addressed most of the stuff.

BTW You can't know for sure if something is anime inspired unless you ask the creator if he was inspired by anime. They could coincidentally done something, used some sort of trope or artstyle that makes you think of anime and then all of a sudden you're judging that he was inspired by anime regardless of what he thinks.

Battlechili1 said:
You can't say that Johnny Test or Hey Arnold is such because it has no storyline nor does it look realistic. Archer doesn't have a storyline nor does it have pointed hair.
I don't want to know what crazy ass world you're living in if Xaolin Showdown and Code Lyoko looks realistic to you.

Battlechili1 said:
Now of course not all animation from Japan looks the same. Some look radically different from the norm. But what if we simply determined "anime influenced" to be something that looks similar to the majority and works like the majority of anime?
See my answer from up above.
Aug 18, 2013 4:07 PM

Jul 2012
IntroverTurtle said:
My point was that most anime don't look similar. That they can even look as crudely drawn as Shin chan and be called an anime. If you're going just by looks and feel and not by where it's made then would Shin chan be in the database? And there are other anime that are drawn crudely like that.

Not going by just looks. If its made in Japan, it belongs in the database. Then, afterwards, if its not made in Japan, you go by looks and story.
IntroverTurtle said:

Denied. I just did.

These are all from this year and I didn't even look through half of them. And only clicked on the ones I recognized.

Flowers of Evil- They still have pointed hair and realistic looking characters.
I don't know what that is- Still has pointed hair and realistic looking characters.

Beast Saga- Still has pointed hair and somewhat realistic looking characters.

Berserk- Still has pointed hair and realistic looking characters.

I don't know what that is- Admittedly isn't what I normally see. Still, most of the ones mentioned so far still look somewhat similar.

Captain Harlock- Actually normal Captain Harlock series have realisti looking characters and pointed hair. In that one in particular, you've got me somewhat. It still has pointed hair and realistic looking characters.

Don't know what that girl is from- Still has pointed hair and realistic looking characters.

Don't know what that baseball boy is from- You've got me there. Still somewhat realistic looking however.

Old man- Still realistic looking character. Admittedly doesn't follow the pointed hair thing.

Date A Live- The art looks extremely similar to the picture above it with the girl. Also has pointed hair and realistic looking characters.
I forgot what your avatar was from- It has pointed hair but certainly doesn't look realistic. So you got me partly there.

Don't know what its from- You win both ways there.

Don't know what its from- Has realistic looking characters and pointed hair.
What looks like something similar to Fighting Spirit- Has pointed hair and realistic looking characters.

Very cartoony thing in a van- You win both ways there.

Don't know what its from- You win both ways there.

CGI Miku looking girl- Still has pointed hair and somewhat realistic looking characters.

Most of those have really pointed hair and look somewhat realistic.
IntroverTurtle said:

How the hell does having a story make it anime inspired? Stories are as old as time. Nothing anime original about them. And are you saying a cartoon can't have a story? What about Disney movies that came out before these "modern" anime?

It makes it more likely to be anime inspired. Most animated television series not made in Japan don't have storylines or have very unfocused storylines. Meanwhile, a huge amount of animated series in Japan have storylines. Yes, stories have been around for a very long time, so having a story doesn't necessarily make it anime inspired, but it does make it more similar to anime since anime in general usually has some sort of a story while most animations made elsewhere don't. The exception to this is movies, where they often have stories. However series still suffer.
IntroverTurtle said:

Pointy hair =/= realistic. Real hair has gravity affecting it, we don't live in Yu gi Oh world.

I'm not saying that if something has pointy hair its realistic or unrealistic. Pointy hair is only a part of a whole. Not having realistic hair does not make something unrealistic. Think about proportions, edges, and how human a character looks. Many animated series made outside of Japan tend to be more likely to have off proportions or very round bodies.
IntroverTurtle said:

And unless it's rotoscoped, like no anime looks realistic and even then. If you're talking about modern anime too, they don't look realistic. These nowadays anime you want to compare cartoons with don't have realistic art. If you compare them to stuff like Spongebob or Shin chan then they look more realistic but they aren't close to what real humans look realistically.
This is true. But the point is is that they look more realistic. They have edges, may be more proportional, etc.

And Osamu Tezuka who made those, was inspired by Disney. Sleeping Beauty, Pinnochio, Snow white and the Seven Dwarves were all before the 50s. Are you saying those movies and all the other stuff Disney made don't have stories? They may not be long running but that doesn't make a difference. Now here is when I ask how much do you know about older cartoons? Have you even researched to say most don't have a story like that.
The majority of animation in Japan doesn't look realistic. And you're still using pointy hair as something that makes something anime, ridiculous.
No, those Disney movies have storylines. Heck, almost all movies that exist have storylines. I'm mostly just referring to series. I don't know how much I know about older cartoons. I don't know how much is considered knowledgable and how much is considered very little. I've not researched them very much, but I have watched various older shows like Popeye and Looney Tunes if that's what you mean.
IntroverTurtle said:

Bring me proof that the majority of anime from 1917 when the first Japanese anime was made until now and show me how the majority of anime look like or you don't have a case. Majority means 51% or more btw.
I don't think that's even possible. If it is, it'd certainly be difficult, mostly because I'd have to view every anime that exists in order to do so. Moreso, I'm going by what what I've seen. And this doesn't just include what anime I've completed by the way. Pictures of other shows themselves are enough.

IntroverTurtle said:

You yourself have completed 51 anime which is .62 percent of the anime on MAL. So not even a percent. And most of the anime you've watched is from the 90s on. What do you know about the majority of anime?

Perhaps, but you neglect my huge On-Hold list as well as my dropped list, which all contain shows I've seen at least one episode of, and thus, have seen what the art of each looks like. Not only this, but there are a few even older anime that I've seen pictures of and such. Admittedly once one goes pre-1980s I've not seen much, even in the form of pictures. A few 70s and 60s shows here and there. (Besides Tezuka's work, I can also include Gigantor from the 60s and various 70s things) Finally, I've seen pictures of a good many shows that I've never watched an episode of. I'm sure you and many others have done the same.
Also, why is it that if you were to ask someone who is uneducated and unfamiliar with anime what anime looks like, they'd say, besides big eyes, probably spiky hair?

IntroverTurtle said:

So now you're changing it from if it looks like anime style then it should be included to It's an anime if it's made in Japan and we want to add stuff that we think looks like anime.
And I've already addressed most of the stuff.

BTW You can't know for sure if something is anime inspired unless you ask the creator if he was inspired by anime. They could coincidentally done something, used some sort of trope or artstyle that makes you think of anime and then all of a sudden you're judging that he was inspired by anime regardless of what he thinks.
It wasn't really changed. If it looks like anime, it should be added. If its from Japan, it is an anime unquestionably and should be added.
IntroverTurtle said:

I don't want to know what crazy ass world you're living in if Xaolin Showdown and Code Lyoko looks realistic to you.

I wouldn't say that Xaolin Showdown looks realistic, but I would for Code Lyoko. Xaolin Showdown characters are too rounded.
Aug 18, 2013 4:08 PM

Aug 2012
Why are you guys arguing about this here? MAL's stance on the issue is pretty cut and dry.

Take it over to the Hummingbird forums.
كنت تهدر وقتك عن طريق ترجمة هذه.

mattbenz99 said:
Christians and Satanists are technically the same thing
Aug 18, 2013 4:11 PM

Jul 2012
Goryo said:
Why are you guys arguing about this here? MAL's stance on the issue is pretty cut and dry.

Take it over to the Hummingbird forums.

But this is a thread to talk about what we think of Hummingbird. This is a new addition to Hummingbird and its to discuss Hummingbird's new addition and whether or not it was a good idea...Not that I enjoy the arguing.

I don't enjoy the arguing.
Aug 18, 2013 6:13 PM

Aug 2008
Araby said:
Battlechili1 said:
I'm loving Hummingbird.

How many of you are crying about that?
Click on this. I dare you. | MAL Fantasy Football League | Currently Watching List

RWBY Club. RWBY is anime. Deal with it.

Aug 18, 2013 6:21 PM

Mar 2012
KyuuAL said:
Araby said:
Battlechili1 said:
I'm loving Hummingbird.
How many of you are crying about that?
Sorry, I don't get what you mean.

Mod Edit: Removed reference to deleted post.
KinetaAug 26, 2013 2:55 AM
LoneWolf said:
Aug 18, 2013 6:21 PM

May 2011
i love this place so they i would switch to another ?
Aug 18, 2013 6:23 PM
Jul 2018
Satan-sama said:
i love this place so they i would switch to another ?

No gore-spamming at Hummingbird.
Aug 18, 2013 6:32 PM

Apr 2013
only for the reason that mal allows this thread to exist i will never change it :)
The Heart
Signature Background Created By Tite Kubo
All right reserved

Aug 18, 2013 6:53 PM

Oct 2011
Site looks great. Forums kinda plain but I read that it's only going to be temporary. Keep up the good work!
Aug 18, 2013 6:54 PM

Aug 2008
I am pleased to find another anime community to talk my words into.

:3
Click on this. I dare you. | MAL Fantasy Football League | Currently Watching List

Aug 18, 2013 6:57 PM

Nov 2009
No I won't switch to Hummingbird ... Why? Because you don't even have manga.

Mod Edit: Removed quote of deleted post.
KinetaAug 26, 2013 2:56 AM
Aug 18, 2013 6:58 PM

Nov 2010
BadGuyJosh said:
Does it look like anime or carry anime-centric themes? Have the creators stated that they were inspired by anime? If the answer to both of those questions is 'yes' we think it's safe to say that it's 'Anime Influenced' and we clearly label it as such.
Let me put aside the anime centric themes which I don't know if they exist or should count. But since it has to have both in order to be added to the site, does that mean you have contacted all the creators of those "anime influenced" cartoons that you have added to the site?
And that you will continue to contact them. What about if the creator was influenced but you can't really see it in the work?
Aug 18, 2013 7:10 PM

Oct 2012
I don't see why adding Japanese anime inspired anime is such a big deal. Frankly, I couldn't give a shit even if they do add Spongebob, as long as their team could keep up with it.

Mod Edit: Removed reference to deleted post content.
KinetaAug 26, 2013 3:06 AM
My subjective reviews: katsureview.wordpress.com
THE CHAT CLUB.
Aug 18, 2013 7:11 PM

Nov 2010
BadGuyJosh said:
IntroverTurtle said:
does that mean you have contacted all the creators of those "anime influenced" cartoons that you have added to the site?

You're giving us more credit than we deserve. We just look for interviews with the creators. It isn't so serious an issue that I would spend time sending emails out that would probably never receive a response.

IntroverTurtle said:
What about if the creator was influenced but you can't really see it in the work?

I'll go ahead and let you answer this one :P

IntroverTurtle said:
it has to have both in order to be added to the site
Well that was my point. I'm asking whether you found interviews or contacted or whatever to know that all those on this site right now are anime inspired. Did you? A lot have been added in the last day or so.
Aug 18, 2013 7:21 PM

Nov 2010
BadGuyJosh said:
IntroverTurtle said:
Well that was my point. I'm questioning whether you found interviews or contacted or whatever to know that all those on this site right now are anime inspired. Did you?

Oops, sorry - I misunderstood. Yeah, that's how we verify. Like I said before, it may not be perfect but we can work at it and if we slip up we can remove incorrect entries. I think the most important aspect of all of this is keeping 'non-anime' out of the face of people who aren't interested in seeing it. That goes the same for keeping Ecchi and any other genres you're not particularly interested in out of your spectrum. We're working on that.

I think that's probably the best solution for all parties involved and we'll try our best not to fuck that up.
Ok good. That was probably one of my biggest problems with it. It sounded like it was completely riding on the mod's judgement of if it was "anime influenced". I thought about contacting the creator or interviews but didn't think that that question would definitely come up in an interview and creators wouldn't feel like responding to some random site.
Aug 18, 2013 8:23 PM

Aug 2008
Hmm. A MAL import feature. Nice. Too bad I don't intend to use it, due to my lack of updating my listing here.

However, will there be a Hummingbird export feature? It would only be fair.

Aug 18, 2013 8:47 PM
May 2008
I'm pretty interested in trying it out but I have a pretty big attachment to this site because of how long I've been here. I'd almost completely abandon MAL if I started using Hummingbird because I don't see a need to use two sites that have the same basic function.
Aug 18, 2013 9:00 PM

Jun 2008
Tag broken, No problem we will get around it in a decade or two. Fav. Reviews feature isn't working? Well come on you still have years ahead of you etc. What you made a great suggestion that all users on Mal are keen to see? Great! but is not like we are gonna do anything about it.

Saying that i searched for this Hummingbird thing just to check it out. I click on it's link and it wants me to register just to see the site basically. you know what i thought about that? FUCK YOU! That's what i thought. I ain't registering without checking how it fucking works.

Mod Edit: Removed quote of deleted post.
KinetaAug 26, 2013 3:07 AM
Aug 18, 2013 9:16 PM

Mar 2012
Monad said:
Saying that i searched for this Hummingbird thing just to check it out. I click on it's link and it wants me to register just to see the site basically. you know what i thought about that? FUCK YOU! That's what i thought. I ain't registering without checking how it fucking works.
Basically how I feel, although I would use slightly less profanity, haha. It used to be the case that you could enter the site without having an account, but apparently not anymore. I was interested in seeing how things have changed since I last checked it out, too... Maybe I'll just stop being lazy and make an account.
LoneWolf said:
Aug 18, 2013 9:18 PM

Nov 2010
Araby said:
Monad said:
Basically how I feel, although I would use slightly less profanity, haha. It used to be the case that you could enter the site without having an account, but apparently not anymore. I was interested in seeing how things have changed since I last checked it out, too... Maybe I'll just stop being lazy and make an account.
I think that's if you go through the front page. Try this link, they definitely wouldn't do that, that deters people from using it even for anime info.

http://hummingbird.me/community/
Aug 18, 2013 9:19 PM
May 2008
Araby said:
Monad said:

If you click register it will bring you into the site. I looked at the forums and everything before signing up.
Aug 18, 2013 9:23 PM

Mar 2012
It works. Are you guys mahou shoujos?
LoneWolf said:
Aug 18, 2013 9:34 PM

Apr 2013
Error 522?

The Heart
Signature Background Created By Tite Kubo
All right reserved

Aug 19, 2013 3:22 AM

Apr 2012
Until they fix and add everything I won't even consider the site.

Mod Edit: Removed reference to deleted posts.
KinetaAug 26, 2013 3:09 AM

Autocrat said:
Hitler was good, objectively.
Aug 19, 2013 8:45 AM

Aug 2012
I prefer MAL by quite a lot. I will occasionally import my MAL list from there, but only to use it as a backup, should MAL ever go down.
.................................................................................
Aug 19, 2013 2:52 PM

Jan 2013
I never heard of that website and I like MAL so I don't think im gonna switch to it. I'll make an anime-planet as well but I have no interest in switching to hummingbird :P
Aug 21, 2013 12:42 AM

Aug 2012
What I forgot to add, but is very important to me, is that hummingbird doesn't let me track my manga. (Or at least I haven't found a way to do that.)
.................................................................................
Aug 21, 2013 1:17 AM

Jun 2012
I made an account. I don't like the forum and from what I found in my first and last 5 minutes there was that you can't customize your list background.
Aug 21, 2013 8:57 AM

Nov 2010
MEanimaniac1 said:
I made an account. I don't like the forum and from what I found in my first and last 5 minutes there was that you can't customize your list background.
Yeah and they don't plan on letting you ever customize your list.
Aug 21, 2013 9:10 AM

Jun 2011
IntroverTurtle said:
MEanimaniac1 said:

And good riddance. Cuz I'm gonna backhand the next person who gets a tiled list.
Aug 21, 2013 5:14 PM

Feb 2011
Ambient_ said:
IntroverTurtle said:
MEanimaniac1 said:

And good riddance. Cuz I'm gonna backhand the next person who gets a tiled list.

Girl, bring it on.
Aug 21, 2013 8:19 PM

Jun 2011
dperolio said:
Ambient_ said:
IntroverTurtle said:
MEanimaniac1 said:

Girl, bring it on.

Oh yeah, you had one as well xD I still stand by my opinion that tiled lists make skimming through long lists incredibly arduous. At least yours has adequate whitespace and isn't so stressing on the eyes. Other tiled lists, either try to hamfist as much information as possible in such a small space, and in the process, looks incredibly cluttered and has reading paths going in every direction, or instead hide all the information altogether until hovered-upon, which makes skimming through lists a chore. Sorry Shishio and u531355, but I'll use your lists as examples:

I don't know abbout you, but I like to keep my eyes fixed and just scroll down the page to inspect and compare series and ratings. ._.

Revenant_Aug 21, 2013 10:06 PM
Aug 21, 2013 9:13 PM

Nov 2010
Ambient_ said:
dperolio said:
Ambient_ said:
IntroverTurtle said:
MEanimaniac1 said:

Girl, bring it on.

Oh yeah, you had one as well xD I still stand by my opinion that tiled lists make skimming through long lists incredibly arduous. At least yours has adequate whitespace and isn't so stressing on the eyes. Other tiled lists, either try to hamfist as much information as possible in such a small space, and in the process, has reading paths going in every direction, or hide all the information altogether until hovered-upon. Sorry Shishio and u531355, but I'll use your lists as examples:

I don't know abbout you, but I like to keep my eyes fixed and just scroll down the page to inspect and compare series and ratings. ._.
Yeah I've never liked those that much. Especially when the person has a large list. There's a moment when you realize that you have to switch to a more simple layout because it lags anyone who goes onto the page( I will often override their layout with mine so I can even visit it).

But I like that everyone can use their own style. It's completely generic there, you won't even be able to change the color scheme IIRC.
Aug 21, 2013 9:22 PM

Nov 2012
It's extremely inferior to MAL in every single way.
I honestly don't even see a point in switching at all, unless all my bros on MAL switch then I'll switch, but that'll never happen.
Ironic how the users that get banned constantly on MAL are mods at that site.
Aug 21, 2013 9:27 PM

Nov 2010
Unit-01 said:
I honestly don't even see a point in switching at all, unless all my bros on MAL switch then I'll switch, but that'll never happen.
Well Tavor and Artstyle are mods. I believe users who are banned here do go there to at least play until their ban is over. Neanne, Yorozuya Ginsan, Feels, and TheAsap, so far though TheAsap has always been a regular over there.
Aug 21, 2013 10:01 PM

Jun 2011
IntroverTurtle said:
But I like that everyone can use their own style. It's completely generic there, you won't even be able to change the color scheme IIRC.

Hmm they probably believe that, like facebook, the custom banner (and avatar) was more than enough to personalize your page. And personally, I'm on that boat too. But maybe they should add some minor personalization options, although I'm not sure if even color schemes will mesh together well, since the list is integrated into your profile rather than on a separate page, and because they have such a clear aesthetic that they're aiming for.
Revenant_Aug 21, 2013 10:07 PM
Aug 21, 2013 10:04 PM

Nov 2012
IntroverTurtle said:
Unit-01 said:
Well Tavor and Artstyle are mods. I believe users who are banned here do go there to at least play until their ban is over. Neanne, Yorozuya Ginsan, Feels, and TheAsap, so far though TheAsap has always been a regular over there.
What is there to do there? The forums is difficult to browse through.
Aug 21, 2013 10:05 PM

Jun 2007
IntroverTurtle said:
Unit-01 said:

Sounds like it's just a shithole where kiddies who get butthurt from MAL bans run to. It's like all those shitty wannabe 4chan's people keep making when they get banned and think they'll somehow sink moot and become the next big thing. Then, oops, they find out why everyone there was banned and the whole place is just full of garbage shitting on itself, not to mention favoritism reigns supreme in those sorts of places.
Aug 21, 2013 10:11 PM

Nov 2010
Unit-01 said:
IntroverTurtle said:
Unit-01 said:
What is there to do there? The forums is difficult to browse through.
Just chat on the forum a little or by comments, you kind of get used to the forum. I like the quote system(I've uploaded hundreds already). And since I can change my pic and stuff right away, I use it as an outlet for all the avatar and sig ideas I can't use here.

Ambient_ said:
IntroverTurtle said:

Hmm they probably believe that, like facebook, the custom banner (and avatar) was more than enough to personalize your page. And personally, I'm on that boat too. But maybe they should add some minor personalization options, although I'm not sure if even color schemes will mesh together well, since the list is integrated into your profile rather than on a separate page, and because they have such a clear aesthetic that they're aiming for.
Yeah I believe that's what they are thinking, I don't like the default look though, so it's more painful to see it everywhere. I think there should at least be something on the side. Their lists feel huge, each entry is thick and the whole thing takes like 20 seconds to load.
Aug 21, 2013 10:12 PM

Aug 2009
TallonKarrde23 said:
Sounds like it's just a shithole where kiddies who get butthurt from MAL bans run to.

Sounds like Cigarette.

HIYOOOOOO!!

Aug 21, 2013 10:24 PM

Jun 2011
IntroverTurtle said:
Yeah I believe that's what they are thinking, I don't like the default look though, so it's more painful to see it everywhere. I think there should at least be something on the side. Their lists feel huge, each entry is thick and the whole thing takes like 20 seconds to load.

Yeah, everything on general feels huge there, especially the feed and forums. I hope that they just do a universal font size and line spacing reduction. However, I quite like the default look tho.

Hah, my completed list only takes like 1-2 secs to load, but then again, it's only like 1/6th of how much you have ._.". But yeah, some optimizations definitely need to be made.
Aug 21, 2013 10:31 PM

Nov 2010
FacelessVixen said:
TallonKarrde23 said:
Sounds like it's just a shithole where kiddies who get butthurt from MAL bans run to.

Sounds like Cigarette.

HIYOOOOOO!!
He doesn't even go there anymore, just stopped one day.

Ambient_ said:
IntroverTurtle said:

Yeah, everything on general feels huge there, especially the feed and forums. I hope that they just do a universal font size and line spacing reduction. However, I quite like the default look tho.

Hah, my completed list only takes like 1-2 secs to load, but then again, it's only like 1/6th of how much you have ._.". But yeah, some optimizations definitely need to be made.
Yeah and there's some sort of problem with my firefox or something. Everything is like double sized for me I believe. Could be something wrong with their code. I believe they have changed something with their font lately, the font type.

Yeah that could be a factor *shifty eyes*. It's still in beta so I'm still trying to keep an open mind with this stuff.
Aug 21, 2013 10:40 PM

Aug 2009
IntroverTurtle said:
FacelessVixen said:
TallonKarrde23 said:

Sounds like Cigarette.

HIYOOOOOO!!
He doesn't even go there anymore, just stopped one day.

Maybe alcohol poisoning finally got him.

Pages (21) « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 10 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» What are some of your favorite animals?

DoisacChopper - Feb 10

48 by perfectlyquiet »»
19 minutes ago

Poll: » Do you care about your native culture?

Kamikaze_404 - Apr 9

45 by Bruh69XD »»
20 minutes ago

Poll: » Are you mentally ill?

Ejrodiew - Apr 24

45 by MasterTasuke »»
27 minutes ago

» 2023-2024 NBA Season Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

deg - Jun 18, 2023

678 by Hitagi__Furude »»
2 hours ago

» Are you going to apologize?

LenRea - Mar 25

28 by Rhaelynne »»
2 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.