Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Chihayafuru
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jun 14, 2013 10:27 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I just love the Queen's intensity :3

Shinobu vs. Arata?! :O shit, I was looking forward to this. I hope it will be better than the rematch between Chihaya and Shinobu last time.

Good thing my anticipation paid off though I think. The match is kinda intense imo. Also, go Taichi!
Great episode.
Jun 14, 2013 12:44 PM

Dec 2008
Amazing episode, as always.

Only 2 more episodes left :(
Jun 14, 2013 12:44 PM

Jan 2013
I'm enjoy this so much and I can't believe that there are only 2 more episodes (+ an ova) left
Jun 14, 2013 12:56 PM

Aug 2009
Omedeto Taichi Q__Q I love you so much taichi ; ___ ; CONGRATS SO MUCH BABY T A T

And Im so happy Chihaya came to support Taichi! I still always have flashbacks back in ep 1 when Chiahya said her goal was to make Taichi A class!

Taichi is completely so focused on Chihaya and whats best for her and making her happy, that he completely forgets to think about himself..

He worked so hard for this and IM SO PROUD he made A Class! Q_____Q

and that ending moment.. chihaya's tears ;__; <3
ImNotLulexiaaJun 14, 2013 1:02 PM
Jun 14, 2013 12:57 PM

Sep 2010
yeee , Finally Taichi won.
I didn't think that there will be a fragment of Arata ana Queen match.
BTW: they forgot about Tsukue-kun.

Once again I have to fight against myself so I don't start manga until anime is over
Jun 14, 2013 1:00 PM

Feb 2008
Now next episode will be Arata vs Shinobi.

Oh yeah Taichi congratulation you made to A class. :D

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Jun 14, 2013 1:00 PM

May 2012
That was a touching episode. I'm glad Chihaya chose to watch Taichi's match over the Queen and Arata's. And finally, Taichi has managed to break his dry spell with class B tournaments, about time!
Go ***k yourself.

Polite as usual,
lightXTC
Jun 14, 2013 1:22 PM
Dec 2012
I'm sad this season will end where it does. The next 2 events in the manga have been my favorite.
Jun 14, 2013 1:56 PM

May 2012

I wonder who will win between Arata and the Queen. I am hoping Arata!

And Taichi! Finally a Class A! And that end where Chihaya cry for him with the ending background music is so heartwarming!
Jun 14, 2013 1:57 PM
Feb 2011
Touching ending. The pace felt too quick IMHO, if they didn't do that stupid recap episode, this could have been drawn out to be more dramatic. Anyway, I'm glad Taichi is finally moving up to class A!
Jun 14, 2013 2:03 PM

Nov 2008
That was a near-perfect episode!

And we finally got to see some killer instinct out of Arata - I love how he just smiles sweetly at Shinobu and psyches her out. And he got pointers from his late granddad too on her!

Chihaya, as usual, almost totally screwed things up for Taichi by being there. He was in a killer groove and she almost ruined it.

I wonder how they will avoid having the final couple of episodes become just postscripts?
Jun 14, 2013 2:12 PM

Apr 2010
i think Arata gonna win
but some one please tell me that ther will be season 3 please
Jun 14, 2013 2:13 PM

Aug 2012
Chihaya chooses to watch Taichi over Arata.
Taichi always thinks of Chihaya that he wanted to finish the finals quickly to take her up to see the A class finals.
Taichi finally finds a way to win against talent.

That ending also... too bad there is only 2 episodes left...
Jun 14, 2013 2:31 PM

Dec 2011
And Taichi is finally class A.

I look forward to more of Arata's match next week. Hopefully.
There is no such thing as shit taste. Only idiots who think everyone should have the same taste as they do.
Jun 14, 2013 2:31 PM

Jun 2012
Taichi's life is taking a turn for the better after nearly two seasons of suffering finally! Over these 50ish episodes we've seen him struggle with the fact he's not as skilled as Arata and Chihaya. It was shown in his karuta and his resolve for her but gradually he's been gaining the confidence he's always wanted to beat Chihaya and other similar skilled players.

I remember when the show was saying how Chihaya's relationship with Taichi was actually inhibiting his ability to play and I thought it was going to happen again when she chose to watch his match over Arata's. However it seems Taichi's gotten over that slump.

Those feels at the end when Chihaya was earnestly happy for Taichi....

Class A!!! WOO!
Jun 14, 2013 2:36 PM

May 2013
Taichi is now in class A. Can't wait to see Arata vs. Shinobu.
Jun 14, 2013 3:00 PM
Apr 2010
The feels! THE FEELS!!!!! T_T; GRATS ON GETTING A TAICHI!
Jun 14, 2013 3:18 PM

Jul 2009
finally taichi gets a bit of love. most realistic, awesome char of the show.
Jun 14, 2013 3:19 PM

Oct 2012
Taichi made class A FINALLY!!!
He was so caught up on making Chihaya watch the other math that he didn't even realize it xD

Shinobu vs. Arata....I wouldn't miss it for the world.
Next episode is gonna be intense.
"We should be more proud of NEETs! Love the country that strives to produce NEETs, for world peace, we must stand up! We must find more non NEET-in-waiting elites, learn from each other , form a new Japanese Party, and bravely challenge the evil! Grow, NEETs! Grow like blazing fire! NEETs!”
Jun 14, 2013 3:26 PM

Oct 2011
Congratulation Taichi. Class A T_________T Tears of joy and happiness.

Feels overload!!!!!

Focus of next week will be the continuation of Arata vs Queen.
AnimeFan500Jun 14, 2013 3:30 PM
Jun 14, 2013 3:32 PM

Aug 2008
I'm so glad Taichi's match only lasted one episode, if not, I would have killed myself with my impatience!

I'm so happy he finally became class A! And Chihaya was there to support him!
Jun 14, 2013 3:35 PM

Sep 2011
Correct me if I am wrong but to think that there wouldn't have been all this stuff (emotions, struggles, sad moments and finally joy and possibly love) if he had won one stupid luck of the draw against Nishida long time ago :-).
Jun 14, 2013 4:00 PM
Nov 2010
Linaeris said:
Correct me if I am wrong but to think that there wouldn't have been all this stuff (emotions, struggles, sad moments and finally joy and possibly love) if he had won one stupid luck of the draw against Nishida long time ago :-).

Are you being serious? Do you understand what plot and plot-driving devices are? You've just basically stated that you'd like it more if there wasn't any Chihayafuru at all. You wrote on your profile that you don't read manga. I guess it'd be for the better if you stayed away from anime too, since you obviously have problems with "watching comprehension," so to speak.
Have a nice day.

Jun 14, 2013 4:06 PM

Jun 2009
TAICHI YOU FOOL!!! -cries-
That was beautiful!!
Jun 14, 2013 4:15 PM

Nov 2012
marchefka said:
Linaeris said:

Are you being serious? Do you understand what plot and plot-driving devices are? You've just basically stated that you'd like it more if there wasn't any Chihayafuru at all. You wrote on your profile that you don't read manga. I guess it'd be for the better if you stayed away from anime too, since you obviously have problems with "watching comprehension," so to speak.
Have a nice day.

Wow.

Liked this episode, flew by as usual, looking forward to next week. Really close to the end now, going to be really sad when it's over (at least for a while), it's been a really fun ride this season!

Jun 14, 2013 4:15 PM

Mar 2012
I have read this chapter already so many time in the manga
Still this is amazing to see this
the intesity I feel and Harada-sensei appearing, I love it when Taichi plays
but the match was pretty short =(
Well sorry for Yamashiro
Hell Yeah for Taichi in class A

Arata is not funny, he rather feels annoying to me
I want the evil queen to win >.<

Tsukuba and Komano were kinda left out this ep
Nice ChihayaxTaichi anyway
Jun 14, 2013 4:30 PM

Jan 2012
Taichi finally made it to class A. I'm really glad, been waiting for it to happen.

Jun 14, 2013 4:30 PM

Nov 2007
Arata vs. queen! Wow, megane guy is in final in C. Oh, B is Taichi vs. that short red hair girl that Chihaya lost? So Chihaya is the reason that Taichi always lose in final? She kind of learned to get the card by listening to other readers. Taichi eventually won at Chihaya's card, is A right now, and wanting to quickly send Chihaya to watch A final.

Seems like queen is always winning, but Arata is calm. So next ep. is Arata vs. queen conti..
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Jun 14, 2013 5:03 PM

Aug 2012
Such an amazing episode. Probably going to end up being my favorite from both seasons, even passing the last Fujisaki episode. This was a huge episode for Chihaya and Taichi, really highlighting what they hold most important and what drives them.

It wouldn't be a true Taichi episode if he didn't get in his own head and put himself in danger because of Chihaya. This series uses plot devices so damn well. Losing a groove that good in any sport can be fatal, instead of settling down and finding a middle ground, you're more than likely to go from one extreme to the other when you lose momentum that badly.

It had me just as tensed up as Taichi, but I loved how he was able use his three keys to gain the momentum back: His flawless memorization and deductive strategics, Dr. Harada's profound lessons, and of course, his desire to reach Chihaya. I think he probably took the "Impassioned gods" as fast as Chihaya ever has, that was so well done and speaks such volumes to his character. Loved her reaction to that too. In the end, huge development for Taichi, getting past prioritizing Chihaya's needs and winning the way he knows best, and winning it for himself above all else. CLASS A!

And as far as Chihaya goes, I was legitimately surprised she went to watch Taichi, especially after Nishida's speech. She really does stay true to her character, keeping Taichi's quest to Class A so important to her that she'd skip out on a match that she can learn a lot from, and an Arata match at that(suck it Arata)

She really confirmed her absolute zeal for her team and to her closest friend this episode. For her to break down in tears because she was so happy and relieved for him was just beautiful, and the best reaction a Taichi fan could hope for xD
Jun 14, 2013 5:07 PM

Jul 2011
Well now we know what messes Taichi up? If Chihaya didn't show up, he would have won with no troubles. Ah but Chihaya supporting her team is great. :)

I want to see Arata vs Shinobu!! Arata sure knows how to handle her well! That smile was a killer. >:D
Jun 14, 2013 5:16 PM

Feb 2012
Yesssssssssss Taichi to class A. Thank god, I was so happy for him
“News travels fast in places where nothing much ever happens.” ― Charles Bukowski
Jun 14, 2013 5:31 PM
Mar 2013
What irritates me is that Taichi never seems to genuinely enjoy playing karuta. Arata and Chihaya always seem to have a blast and fully appreciate the moment and their opponents' efforts. Winning and losing always seem to be Taichi's top priority when it comes to just karuta. Wanting to rush the game and not enjoying the finals seemed disrespectful to the game, his opponent, and all the players who couldn't make it to the finals. Sure it was for Chihaya's sake, but Chihaya obviously wanted him to enjoy his moment. At this rate I feel Taichi won't ever come to fully understand Chihaya's heart and her love for karuta.
Jun 14, 2013 5:31 PM

Sep 2012
Another superb episode. Only 2 episodes left huh... I hope a 3rd season is made in the future. Its gonna be sad when it ends.
Jun 14, 2013 5:45 PM
Jun 14, 2013 5:55 PM
Dec 2012
Nikumankun is a good person. So is Chihaya. I thought she would go and see the other final. What a touching scene at the end! I didn't know she cared about him so much. Wasn't she obsessed with the other guy? I find it interesting she started to care about him when he wanted her to go and see the other guy's match. A bit reminded me of Buddhistic altruism and karma.
Jun 14, 2013 6:05 PM

Aug 2011
Chihaya went to watch Taichi's match instead of AratavsShinobu match :3 <3

Glad that taichi finally promoted to Class A :D
Im surprise that Yamashiro lose by 9cards. i thought it will be another match that is decided by fate.

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
Jun 14, 2013 6:06 PM

May 2011
OOOOOMMMMMFFFFFGGGGGG I FUCKING LOVE THIS SERIES
Jun 14, 2013 6:22 PM

Jun 2011
This series...It's so beautiful... :")

5/5
Jun 14, 2013 6:23 PM

Aug 2012
Cincib0i said:
Wanting to rush the game and not enjoying the finals seemed disrespectful to the game, his opponent, and all the players who couldn't make it to the finals. Sure it was for Chihaya's sake, but Chihaya obviously wanted him to enjoy his moment. At this rate I feel Taichi won't ever come to fully understand Chihaya's heart and her love for karuta.

You say that, but isn't his understanding of her love for karuta the reason he was intent on rushing the match? Ya know, so she could go see the match that she wants to watch more than anything? So she wouldn't miss such a rare learning opportunity for his sake?
Jun 14, 2013 6:32 PM
Mar 2013
AlexTheRiot said:
Cincib0i said:
Wanting to rush the game and not enjoying the finals seemed disrespectful to the game, his opponent, and all the players who couldn't make it to the finals. Sure it was for Chihaya's sake, but Chihaya obviously wanted him to enjoy his moment. At this rate I feel Taichi won't ever come to fully understand Chihaya's heart and her love for karuta.

You say that, but isn't his understanding of her love for karuta the reason he was intent on rushing the match? Ya know, so she could go see the match that she wants to watch more than anything? So she wouldn't miss such a rare learning opportunity for his sake?

That's his understanding of her ambition to win that's rushing the match not necessarily her love for karuta. It's blatantly obvious now that Chihaya's love for karuta goes beyond winning or losing. Chihaya wants to see Taichi have fun and enjoy his moment. That's where I feel her true and selfless love for karuta lies. Taichi's match was more important to Chihaya than some learning opportunity. Taichi didn't seem to understand this, but maybe Chihaya choosing to watch his match with help him to.
Cincib0iJun 14, 2013 6:42 PM
Jun 14, 2013 6:59 PM

Aug 2012
Cincib0i said:

That's his understanding of her ambition to win that's rushing the match not necessarily her love for karuta. It's blatantly obvious now that Chihaya's love for karuta goes beyond winning or losing. Chihaya wants to see Taichi have fun and enjoy his moment. That's where I feel her true and selfless love for karuta lies. Taichi's match was more important to Chihaya than some learning opportunity. Taichi didn't seem to understand this, but maybe Chihaya choosing to watch his match with help him to.

I would say it's definitely both, but her ambition to win=her love for karuta. She wants to take every step to becoming the best because she loves everything about karuta. Naturally, when you love a sport that much, you are obsessed with doing everything it takes to win. Learning by watching the best of the best play is a part of her love for karuta. More importantly, Arata v Shinobu is a dream match for her to watch. No one would appreciate the beauty of that match more than Chihaya. Taichi, who regularly places Chihaya's needs and desires above all else, knows this better than anyone.
Jun 14, 2013 7:03 PM
Sep 2012
Shinobu and Arata's match is as great as I've imagined it. Can't wait to watch it for the next 2 episodes!

This episode - as great as it was - would have been absolutely perfect if Taichi's match wasn't rushed over -- It didn't even last an entire episode. It felt like all that buildup for Taichi becoming Class-A was for nothing. They should have never had that recap episode to expand on Taichi overcoming his weaknesses and insecurities and finally becoming Class-A.
Jun 14, 2013 7:13 PM
Mar 2013
AlexTheRiot said:
Cincib0i said:

I would say it's definitely both, but her ambition to win=her love for karuta. She wants to take every step to becoming the best because she loves everything about karuta. Naturally, when you love a sport that much, you are obsessed with doing everything it takes to win. Learning by watching the best of the best play is a part of her love for karuta. More importantly, Arata v Shinobu is a dream match for her to watch. No one would appreciate the beauty of that match more than Chihaya. Taichi, who regularly places Chihaya's needs and desires above all else, knows this better than anyone.

If Chihaya appreciated that match more than Taichi's match then she would have watched it, simple as that. If Taichi places Chihaya's desires above all else then he should have known she desired nothing more than to support Taichi even at the cost of missing such a beautiful match.
Jun 14, 2013 7:24 PM

Mar 2011
My nigga Taichi finally made Class A (^_^)

5/5
Jun 14, 2013 7:34 PM

Aug 2012
Cincib0i said:
AlexTheRiot said:
Cincib0i said:

If Chihaya appreciated that match more than Taichi's match then she would have watched it, simple as that. If Taichi places Chihaya's desires above all else then he should have known she desired nothing more than to support Taichi even at the cost of missing such a beautiful match.

I never said she appreciated it more than Taichi's. The point is that she would appreciate that match more than anyone. Knowing that, it was a shock to us and to Taichi that she came to his match. Placing her desires above all else doesn't mean he can read her mind lol. He's seen her obsessing about Arata being there this whole time, and dude they're teenagers. She gives somewhat mixed signals, and he tends to put himself down. Of course he would expect her to watch the other match.

Are you actually trying to say that because he got that wrong, he doesn't understand her love for karuta?
AlexTheRiotJun 14, 2013 7:39 PM
Jun 14, 2013 7:36 PM

Jul 2011
Chihaya has almost ruined his performance but Taichi is finally a class A.

And now the moment that I'm waiting from a loooong time, Arata vs Shinobu!

5/5
Jun 14, 2013 7:41 PM

Nov 2007
E kyuu da yo Taichi. Omedetou! T_T

Everything started to melt inside me. I don't even care about Arata and Shinobu's match anymore. T_T
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Jun 14, 2013 7:47 PM
Mar 2013
AlexTheRiot said:
Cincib0i said:
AlexTheRiot said:
Cincib0i said:

I never said she appreciated it more than Taichi's. The point is that she would appreciate that match more than anyone. Knowing that, it was a shock to us and to Taichi that she came to his match. Placing her desires above all else doesn't mean he can read her mind lol. He's seen her obsessing about Arata being there this whole time, and dude they're teenagers. She gives somewhat mixed signals, and he tends to put himself down. Of course he would expect her to watch the other match.

Are you actually trying to say that because he got that wrong, he doesn't understand her love for karuta?

I'm just saying he should have enjoyed the match not rush it for everyone who was there supporting him, his opponent, and the game. If Chihaya had been in his place she wouldn't have rushed the match for anything. So in that sense yes, he doesn't seem to fully understand her love for karuta.
Cincib0iJun 14, 2013 7:52 PM
Jun 14, 2013 7:48 PM

Jan 2012
I was so happy Chihaya went to watch Taichi's match. I thought she was gonna put Arata over him again like always.
Jun 14, 2013 8:18 PM

Aug 2011
TAICHI! Well done <3333
Do not feed the trolls! They bite ;D
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Chihayafuru 2 Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 12, 2013

138 by bassyey »»
Mar 16, 10:06 PM

Poll: » Chihayafuru 2 Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 31, 2013

160 by fathandz »»
Feb 17, 11:50 PM

Poll: » Chihayafuru 2 Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 24, 2013

136 by fathandz »»
Feb 15, 4:12 PM

Poll: » Chihayafuru 2 Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 17, 2013

181 by fathandz »»
Feb 11, 3:38 AM

Poll: » Chihayafuru 2 Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 10, 2013

110 by fathandz »»
Feb 7, 9:16 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.