Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 26, 2007 2:19 AM

Mar 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
What a dissapointing ending!!!!
We don't know who won the Concourse and Kahoko is still a complete spaz. At least Yunoki is back...
I expected a lot more from this anime when it started, but since episode 14 it has really gone downhill. There has been no romance whatsoever and instead of deflowering half the participants of the Concourse Kahoko has become obsessed with her violin!

Well, I suppose not all music animes can be as good as Nodame Cantabile, but this one was quite dissapointing. (sorry about the whining!)
Sep 26, 2007 11:29 AM

Jun 2007
>_> I totally agree with you... the first half of the series was so, so good. Not Nodame Cantabile-good, but still pretty darn good.

And then... Kaho became angsty, and everything died.

There was NO conclusion. No winner, no love for Kaho, and just... bah. It was incredibly annoying.

I really do hope they make a second season, just so we can have a definite ending. And more Len-goodness. :D
Sep 27, 2007 7:53 AM
Apr 2007
ouch...tough crowd...i didn't think the ending was too bad but i do agree with a lot of the points made...anyways, i'll sum up what i thought of the series now with some pros and cons...

+ yunoki is epic, ended being well developed, he comes back at the end, he's still my role model :D
+ len isn't an arrogant bastard, actually cares for kaho in some way (telling her to be careful not cut her hand), he and ryo end up liking each other somewhat and end up as rivals
+ ryo's past is revealed and we know why he stopped playing piano, giving up soccer for the sake of music was touching
+ tons of bishounen each with a unique personality
+ interesting reverse harem with nice fantasy elements focusing on classical music
+ some amazing scenes (yunoki revealing his dark side, a perfectly synchronized ave maria violin duet underneath the moonlight was amazing)
+ the ending where all 5 of the guys play on stage at the end and cue them helping out the children with their concert during the credits was a nice finishing touch
+ learned more about classical music thanks to lili's one point classic

- shimizu and hihara aren't as developed as the other males
- who the hell won the concours?
- what about the teacher who had to quit singing? no explanation or closure on this issue
- yunoki went to england to cancel plans to go to england? i'm going to have to slap a "wtf?" sticker on this one
- performances paled in comparison to nodame cantabile
- kaho was bearable at times until she goes into "i'm deceiving everyone with my fake violin and gonna be all angsty about it" mode
- no focus on character relationships love wise...you would think kaho would fall for at least one of the guys...(poor hihara...he loves a girl who's in love with her violin, T_T)

anyways, a good series for me but could have been a lot better...7 out of 10...and forget a second season...where the hell is my spin off series that focuses only on yunoki? :D
Oct 30, 2007 8:10 AM

Oct 2007
i agree. at first i loved this series to pieces, but the ending was so opennended. who won the concours? why did the teacher stop singing? who does kaho fall in love with damnit?!!

but i guess thats what happens when an anime finishes whena manga isnt complete yet... unless it was basing itself off the game instead?

but the one good tihng i liked about the ending were the performances. i loved tsukimori's performance. that is one of my favorite piano pieces <3.

and was anyone else singing the candy mountain song (from charlie the unicorn) during fuyuumi's performance?! hahaa.. i know i was.

i dunno. i originally rated this show as a 10 but i think because of how it ended i'm going to have to change it.
Nov 10, 2007 1:56 PM

Jun 2007
Just to let you know, there is a special. I'm watching it now and it seems to be wrapping up the story in an OVA like way. You can get it at AnimeSuki. StrawberryMintSubs has subbed it. If you can't get it there then go to Baka-Updates and download the torrent. It could be named as episode 26 la corda d'oro.
Nov 11, 2007 12:15 PM

May 2007
I liked this episode because there are some beautiful music. I'm also disppointed that we don't know the name of the winner nor no lover for Kaho, but the manga is not finished yet, there is 9 volumes published in Japan until now.

Nov 11, 2007 9:42 PM

Oct 2007
supersweetkitty said:
Just to let you know, there is a special. I'm watching it now and it seems to be wrapping up the story in an OVA like way. You can get it at AnimeSuki. StrawberryMintSubs has subbed it. If you can't get it there then go to Baka-Updates and download the torrent. It could be named as episode 26 la corda d'oro.

the special doesnt really wrap anything up though.. and thats the sad part. you still dont know who won, still dont know why that teacher stopped singing, and it really didnt explain much at all. though i probably shouldnt be writing htis here, should i...
Nov 11, 2007 10:09 PM

Jul 2007
Well it wasn't that bad of an ending but it indeed felt like it was missing something, and the concurs results would have been nice.
Anyways I liked this series very much especially the first half, great music, fair amount of drama, and everything Shimizu said was hilarious even if it wasn't supposed to be haha slow talkers ftw~
Jan 15, 2008 1:59 PM
Nov 2007
I agree, it was so good in the first half that I couldn't stop watching until Len confronted kaho and then it just went downhill. I wanted to see their relationship grow more! not kaho falling in love with her violin.
Jan 17, 2008 1:30 PM

Apr 2007
I don't feel bad about the ending at all. Just like in Ouran, the girl doesn't really choose the one she loves the most. It's a bit disappointing, I admit, because in regular harems, the lead character -always- chooses a girl, but it doesn't seem the case in reverse harems. In any case, it was a beautiful ending, and Kaho made me proud. Even without the magic, she still played beautifully. And the songs that all the others played, they matched their personalities so much, I was in awe.

THIS is how you do a good shoujo. Except, needed more definite romance instead of hints.

Oh well. All that's left for me is to read Len/Kaho fanfiction. Or pray for a continuation.

Still, I don't regret watching this at all. Truly a beautiful anime.
Mar 15, 2008 1:41 AM
Nov 2007
Ria said:
>_> I totally agree with you... the first half of the series was so, so good. Not Nodame Cantabile-good, but still pretty darn good.

And then... Kaho became angsty, and everything died.

There was NO conclusion. No winner, no love for Kaho, and just... bah. It was incredibly annoying.

I really do hope they make a second season, just so we can have a definite ending. And more Len-goodness. :D

yeah... i really hated the ' no romance' part .... such a spoiler ...
Apr 1, 2008 6:39 PM

Nov 2007

hai.hai..
i remembered oUraN.
gRrrr.. i hate this type of endings..

i want her to be with Len (Ren) or HihaRa kazUki bUt in the flow of the story i think she will end up with ryoutarOU..*sigh*
weLL.even though it ended like tHat i love and enjoyed iT.!

shimizu is sooooooo kawaii~ .. !!!!!!!!!lol =p

i hope there is a second season.!
Jun 5, 2008 4:52 AM

Jan 2008
kinda disappointing. XD

we didn't even get to know the winner
and
no romance for Kahoko. XD

inn0centdem0n said:

shimizu is sooooooo kawaii~

agreed~! lol XP
Jun 10, 2008 12:13 PM
Jun 2008
i tought that all of the participants was the winner,they are very good.
I'd love every episodes from la corda D'oro ~primo passo~
episodes 16-20 are very sad,but every one tries to cheer-up kahoko
don't you think that even in real world we are not just feel happy,we did feel sad,bad,down,and disappointed ??
but,God never let us goes too far trough the sadness..
God sent our the other peoples to make us happy.

sorry if my english was terrible.
Jun 22, 2008 7:09 PM

Feb 2008
meh that was sleezy. almost makes me puke.

I'm disappointed with the ending. No romance, no clear winner either. *sigh*

Jun 23, 2008 10:16 AM

Dec 2007
Well...without Hino being emo guys...there really wouldn't of been any drama. You know...it would of just been 'normal'. Plus this all began with that magical violin that Lili gave her. The guys actually taught her that music was prettyful and what not. She started playing because of them. But then she really got all crazy when she started comparing herself to them and she wanted to be better. That's how it broke and the magic was all poof. =P

I was happy she started all over again though. She was having somewhat of a inner-struggle with herself. But she made it out okay in the end. The poor guys though, they looked miserable. Even Hihara. The poor guy was always so happy and he just got so miserable. Then again they really couldn't do much for Hino they were all into practcing. They need to of course, cuz music is their life. Well except for Yunoki, his grumpy grandmother wants him to take over the business and all that jazz.

I thought it wasn't that bad at all, but...I feel like they should of announced a winner maybe? :P It left me a bit hanging there.

Still I don't think there will be a clear relationship. Maybe there will be if they have a season two, but...maybe the creators wanted to leave us hanging? I dunno. =P I like certain pairings though. But a girl only can end up with one guy. XD
Aug 13, 2008 6:49 PM

Jun 2008
I thought the ending was good, I just wish they announced the winner. I didn't really expect a solid pairing at the end anyway so that didn't bother me. Hopefully there will be another season.
Aug 22, 2008 2:07 PM
Apr 2008
i thought this episode was funny and had good music which i want to get but dont know how....as for the ouran that ending is sorta like a cliff ending as saying it still ocntinue as that what got me interested in reading the manga and ouran not focused on the love compared to this story................this ep was good but during the concour last selection i didnt like all the sob stories of how each one affected her life as by watching most of the ep were about that........its just weird how a fairy started all this and it doesnt have much power for a magical bieng.......although dramatic yet i still dont like how every one was obssessed over hino even though she was the main character........oh wellz still good and
left a very inspiring idea about music
Sep 6, 2008 8:25 AM

Feb 2008
i don't think this is a bad ending. actually i love it because i love all the pieces of music in this episode. i guess this anime focuses more on the development of kahoko rather than romance (i already believe that she is totally in love with her violin rather than with the guys way before), so i am satisfied that kahoko is no longer angsty but played a piece with her own effort.

if i have to point out something unsatisfying about this episode, it would be : who win the concour???
littlebluetotoroSep 6, 2008 8:29 AM

Oct 25, 2008 1:46 PM
Dec 2007
the_pillows said:
ouch...tough crowd...i didn't think the ending was too bad but i do agree with a lot of the points made...anyways, i'll sum up what i thought of the series now with some pros and cons...

+ yunoki is epic, ended being well developed, he comes back at the end, he's still my role model :D
+ len isn't an arrogant bastard, actually cares for kaho in some way (telling her to be careful not cut her hand), he and ryo end up liking each other somewhat and end up as rivals
+ ryo's past is revealed and we know why he stopped playing piano, giving up soccer for the sake of music was touching
+ tons of bishounen each with a unique personality
+ interesting reverse harem with nice fantasy elements focusing on classical music
+ some amazing scenes (yunoki revealing his dark side, a perfectly synchronized ave maria violin duet underneath the moonlight was amazing)
+ the ending where all 5 of the guys play on stage at the end and cue them helping out the children with their concert during the credits was a nice finishing touch
+ learned more about classical music thanks to lili's one point classic

- shimizu and hihara aren't as developed as the other males
- who the hell won the concours?
- what about the teacher who had to quit singing? no explanation or closure on this issue
- yunoki went to england to cancel plans to go to england? i'm going to have to slap a "wtf?" sticker on this one
- performances paled in comparison to nodame cantabile
- kaho was bearable at times until she goes into "i'm deceiving everyone with my fake violin and gonna be all angsty about it" mode
- no focus on character relationships love wise...you would think kaho would fall for at least one of the guys...(poor hihara...he loves a girl who's in love with her violin, T_T)

Wow, you really hit the nail on the head. I agree completely. I was thinking about all of these things, especially her depression that goes on for like 10 episodes. That was annoying. I was getting tired of it. Len, or Tskimuri should have definiately ended up with Kaho in the end. It would support the turn around of his character even more. I guess they made a point of not always having to have romance at the end of a story. In this case it would have made it better. I beleive it was beautiful anime, but the faiere brought it down a few notches along with here 'teen angst' or the 'not worthy to play the violin' It often got repetitive, but i enjoyed it.
A second season would not give this series justice, but if it had a different ending it would be better.
I imagined Kaho would end up playing the Ave Maria with Len again, and continuing from there with some kind of closer relationship. And maybe that one teacher would sing the Ave Maria as well. idk. It would leave the teacher with more of a resolve. It clearly looked as if Len liked Kaho too :(
This series really got my hopes up and then disappointed me extremely. What a let down. It had such great potential.
Dec 5, 2008 3:45 PM

Aug 2008
fullmetalsoccer said:
the_pillows said:

[...]

Wow, you really hit the nail on the head. I agree completely. I was thinking about all of these things, especially her depression that goes on for like 10 episodes. That was annoying. I was getting tired of it. Len, or Tskimuri should have definiately ended up with Kaho in the end. It would support the turn around of his character even more. I guess they made a point of not always having to have romance at the end of a story. In this case it would have made it better. I beleive it was beautiful anime, but the faiere brought it down a few notches along with here 'teen angst' or the 'not worthy to play the violin' It often got repetitive, but i enjoyed it.
[...]
It had such great potential.

Well both of you made your point: WE ARE DISAPOINTED. It's said that the story is based on a magic violon, how this depression is so deep? Where does that come from? And why the hell NO ONE SAID IT : " I LOVE YOU". Simple for a romance anime, but ABSCENT FROM 25 episodes...

Well the music part was disapointing a bit, but still good. The point is: there is no plot actually.

Dec 31, 2008 9:21 AM
Oct 2008
i totally agree it went downhill from 14 onwards. its just everyone fussing over kahoko and kahoko fussing over her violin. never ending irritation for me lol. tho i must say, the music in this episode really is the best in the whole series. and i'm so glad yunoki is back, cause he really really impressed me with his third performance, and i thot the final round would be really plain if he wasn't there

tho the lack of romance doesn't bother me... dunno, but i never liked the story of the anime itself. its too typical.... >.< haha and i think all of them did so well (especially fuyumi) it doesn't matter who won ^-^
Apr 29, 2009 8:48 PM
May 2008
AAAAH VOCALISE VOCALISE VOCALIIIIISE
OMG YUNOKI JUST PLAYED ONE OF MY FAVORITE PIECES EVER
AAAH! I wasn’t expecting this at all, what a beautiful surpriiise! ♥
Thank you, Yunoookiiii ♥

Who would have ever though? I started disliking this guy (like a lot of people), but now I really started to appreciate him. Wait; maybe even LOVE him, haha.

I obviously disliked that “perfect”, gentle and caring attitude he had… and his hairstyle didn’t make him better for me. Long wonderful hair, makes a boy look handsome? NOT SO MUCH. That fits better in a GIRL’s head.

But… but oh my. Then he started showing that attitude was a complete LIE. I believe that was one of the most interesting (and unexpected) twists in this series, if not the best (in my humble and weird opinion). The way he treated Kaho was… actually AMUSING to watch. It surprised me in bad way at first… but now I have come to like it.

I have realized… he does it because he doesn’t need to lie in front of Kaho anymore. He’s comfortable enough with her, to the point he can be as mean and disrespectful as he wants… for ONCE. You know, how he’s been forced to keep that “nice” attitude to give a good impression, he managed to be whatever he wants at least with Kaho.

Now, that’s a… "fascinating" way of showing his love, haha. It goes completely against that cliché we find in any anime lately (including this one), where the perfect guy goes from cold to warm. … I mean, nothing against Len, I obviously adored him since I first saw him (I admit it, I fall for that cliché too)… but this change was really refreshing to see. The gentle perfect guy changes his warm fake attitude for a cold but real personality… and he still manages to show he cares for the girl (at least a little xD).

So… yup. You won my respect and love, Yunoki.
I’m HAPPY that you came back at the end ;___; ♥

… ANYWAYS. Now that I have finally watched the whoooole episode, I’ll add…

Forget it, NOT ONLY Vocalise was precious. It surely was the most surprising for me… but hearing “Caprice No. 24”, “La Campanella” and “Ave Maria” all in a single episode was so GORGEROUS too. I absolutely adore those pieces!

Aaah, and then the last one, where all the guys play together!! ♥
It was… beautifull, dazzling… epic, haha :D
I'll love this last episode for that.

I was a bit disappointed with La Corda d’Oro when I started it… but... I somehow managed to start liking it, even with all the "Kaho emo-ness" and stuff. These last episodes sure had proved me this wasn't a complete waste I found it enjoyable, after all. Can’t wait to watch more~! :)
Apr 30, 2009 8:32 PM

Mar 2009
to those people who are complaining that they didn't announce the winner of the concours at the ending read this:

Jul 20, 2009 8:00 PM

Feb 2008
So...in the end she loves wood and completely disregards the gods of sex standing right in front of her.

NOT

ACCEPTABLE. >|
Jul 21, 2009 7:10 PM

Jun 2007
Kaho never showed a real romantic interest in any of them but I at least expected to know who won -_-

7/10 ...cant believe I liked Yunoki better than Len :D
Aug 2, 2009 1:33 PM

Feb 2009
Hinata020 said:
So...in the end she loves wood and completely disregards the gods of sex standing right in front of her.

NOT

ACCEPTABLE. >|

I agree with you 100%!
Sep 20, 2009 8:18 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
ok ending. acceptable since the manga series is still ongoing. A third season will come one day....I hope...

Again, you can't compare this to the greatness of Nodame, but still, it had its interesting moments....
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Dec 13, 2009 4:54 PM

Sep 2009
Hinata020 said:

NOT

ACCEPTABLE. >|

Agreed. I mean come on, any woman would be like, what is a violin standing next to those guys lol
Jan 23, 2010 8:57 AM

Dec 2008
I wasn't really expecting her to end up with anyone by the end of the series. Some reverse harem shows do tend to do that.

Though I am disappointed that we don't find out who won the competition at all. Nothing else about the teacher, but they did kinda put it into the show late and all.

And man, why did Yunoki come back? I don't like him. Ugh.
How long would it take to earn 50 million yen, Karasawa? - Katsuya
No longer than it would take to get to the bank, provided I have a gun. -Karasawa
I'm through talking with you. -Katsuya
Mar 29, 2010 10:00 PM
Mar 2010
Hi everyone I just finished watching the series and I gotta say that Nodame is way better. But I have a question and I hope that someone can help me. Does anyone know the name of the song that substituted the intro song in episode 25 when Kaho is talking to Yunoki. Is the same song that's on the end of episode 23,when Kaho is talking to Ryuu and he tells her that she's to him an inspiration. Same like Paganini was to Lizst. I downloaded a few soundtracks of the series and none of them had that song. It's a song that's being play by strings. If anyone knows please let me know. Thanks!
Jul 27, 2010 8:53 PM

Apr 2009
BTW who is the winner.? :)
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 17, 2011 1:36 AM

Sep 2010
I laughed out loud when Yunoki asked Kaho "What is it? You look kind of creepy..."
Jun 15, 2012 11:08 PM

Nov 2011
Well, I'm a bit surprised on how much I enjoyed this series although this final episode..was "meh".

Music to my ears, now time to check out dat specials.
Jul 13, 2012 2:49 AM

Jun 2007
It was alright. I really wish they would have taken the romance thing a bit further though.
Sep 20, 2012 7:01 AM

Jun 2011
Aw, she didn't end up with a guy. In fact, did she ever even learn they were in love with her?

I love how her song was Ave Maria, which kind of started the whole thing.

I'm happy there's a season two, I love this series.

On a side note, was Fuyuumi's song the Candy Mountain song from Charlie the Unicorn? O_o
Jan 6, 2013 8:13 PM

Feb 2011
Sarcastic said:

The links don't work anymore :(
Apr 27, 2013 7:41 AM

Apr 2013
Meh, ending was a bit disappointing but overall, it was alright. If you guys really want to know who she ends up with in the end, you should read the last chapter of the manga.
Jul 30, 2013 8:23 PM
Jan 2013
It wasn't a bad episode, but it was a bad final episode.
And the special didn't make it any better.
Well, at least the season is over. TBH, I've grown tired of this story. It had a lot of potential, but it just didn't finish well.
Your mean should be an even bell curve only if you watch every show that comes out. Having a high-slung mean doesn't mean you're rating improperly. It can also mean you're selecting shows well to watch mostly things you enjoy.
Aug 1, 2013 1:26 AM

Apr 2013
Ryoutarou's piece was outstanding! I wish I could play like that.

La Campanella...

Oct 21, 2015 4:44 PM
Nekogirl~

Mar 2014
I really liked this anime *-*
Really nice boys :P Loved the classic music. And the fact that I heard Ave Maria on the violin that often was just fantastic *-*

Just sad there was no real romance at the end u.u

I will soon switch to the Season 2 and hope there will be something even if I doubt it :/
Now it's the OVAs turn

Nov 1, 2016 2:07 PM

May 2009
Hmm honestly at first I really loved this anime..
but from the moment Kahoko became sad everything went downhill in my opinion.
Not a bad series, but I guess I expected much more lol.
check out my twitch: https://twitch.tv/slowy
Nov 1, 2016 2:32 PM

Sep 2016
this is rare music anime that's actually about music
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Jun 24, 2017 2:21 AM
Mar 2017
What is this ending?!
Who does Kaho fall in love with?
Who is the winner in the concours?
Why did the teacher stop singing?

Omg!!!!!
I loved this anime in the beginning , but the end............
Jul 27, 2017 1:23 AM
Mob Character C

Oct 2009
I'm free! ;A;;;
Well, I'll give it a little props; it was mostly about the mc and her violin. Thank goodness it only went like 50% otome and not full blown otome. I'm not a fan of otome.;;

Enjoy your anime! | Witch Cafe Wisteria
Jun 7, 2019 4:53 PM

May 2010
...I want to know who won.
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone

More topics from this board

Poll: » La Corda D'Oro ~primo passo~ Episode 21 Discussion

Trie - Sep 28, 2007

12 by Min_Minaliski »»
May 19, 2023 5:47 PM

Poll: » La Corda D'Oro ~primo passo~ Episode 20 Discussion

Trie - Sep 28, 2007

15 by Min_Minaliski »»
May 19, 2023 5:27 PM

Poll: » La Corda D'Oro ~primo passo~ Episode 17 Discussion

Ceray - Aug 8, 2007

18 by Min_Minaliski »»
May 18, 2023 6:18 PM

Poll: » La Corda D'Oro ~primo passo~ Episode 16 Discussion

Ria - Jul 30, 2007

8 by Min_Minaliski »»
May 17, 2023 6:06 PM

Poll: » La Corda D'Oro ~primo passo~ Episode 23 Discussion

Fariestars - Mar 31, 2009

10 by Preachee »»
Sep 22, 2021 2:50 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.