Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 11, 2008 12:08 PM

Jul 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------

*Mod edit*

aeroNov 17, 2008 4:00 PM
Oops! I appear to be incapable of following Rules 16 and 17, so I had to have a mod change my sig for me.
Nov 13, 2008 2:48 AM

Jun 2008
okay the fighting seances wasn't that enjoyable but only the final 30 sec of the fight with that creepy guy was enjoyable.

but at least it was full of action.
kie_Nov 13, 2008 9:31 AM
Nov 13, 2008 10:27 AM

May 2008
I liked it. The Red General's true form really creeped me out, though, and I was a bit confused in the first few minutes until I remembered what had gone on last episode.

I felt kind of lost throughout the whole thing, though, because I didn't feel like I knew where one place was in relation to the next. It just really bounced around in that respect.
Nov 13, 2008 10:54 AM

Jun 2008
aniStash released subs for episode 6, still downloading so i havent watched yet
Nov 13, 2008 5:00 PM
Dec 2007
I was pretty bored with this episode, same with episode 5. The last fighting scene where Kuro seems to go berserk is the best part of the episode. Can't wait to see what happens next.
Nov 13, 2008 5:26 PM

Aug 2008
I suppose the one thing that needs to be clarified is, who is compatible with the blood and why?

Other than that, good episode. At least that Red General Bastard is finally dead.
Gaming dabblings: iRO Chaos, US Pangya, iRO Valkyrie, KR Pangya

*^will fix this monstrosity later*
Nov 13, 2008 6:03 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
but we still have the Red Emperor and his other generals.....

Kuro should go into berserk mode more often. Only then, he is truly using his vampire potentials....
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Nov 13, 2008 6:33 PM
Nov 2007
I know for a lot of the fight between Kuro and the Red General, he was successfully dodging, but didn't it seem that there were 2 times toward the end where he wasn't moving and the tentacles just happened to all miss him? The first I think happened just before he went berserk, and then just after he killed the general. The tentacles went straight for him but none hit, even though he wasn't moving. Did anyone else notice this?
Nov 13, 2008 10:20 PM

Jun 2008
Dorothea said:
I know for a lot of the fight between Kuro and the Red General, he was successfully dodging, but didn't it seem that there were 2 times toward the end where he wasn't moving and the tentacles just happened to all miss him? The first I think happened just before he went berserk, and then just after he killed the general. The tentacles went straight for him but none hit, even though he wasn't moving. Did anyone else notice this?

I notice it two,but maybe because he killed him at the end so he missed but dunno about the first one
Nov 13, 2008 11:12 PM
Oct 2008
Great episode the action in this anime is very well drawn, the last fight at the end was intense great fight doesnt match casshern sins fight but this was a great one none the less
Nov 14, 2008 7:40 AM
Nov 2007
I know it's totally irrelevant and sheer speculation, but I'm thinking the Red General didn't entirely want to win. He seemed not too happy at the start of that other ep where you see that crazy scientist killing all those "dolls" trying to find someone compatible with the vampire blood. Gave me the impression that he didn't really like what was going on and had a little remaining humanity. Anyway, that interpretation at least makes him a little more interesting to me (not just a 100% evil creepy monster). Also helps explain why he didn't kill Kuro previously when he had the chance, although it equally makes sense that he was bored and didn't want to kill someone who could later give him a good fight...
Nov 14, 2008 7:58 AM

Jul 2008
Dorothea said:
I know it's totally irrelevant and sheer speculation, but I'm thinking the Red General didn't entirely want to win. He seemed not too happy at the start of that other ep where you see that crazy scientist killing all those "dolls" trying to find someone compatible with the vampire blood. Gave me the impression that he didn't really like what was going on and had a little remaining humanity. Anyway, that interpretation at least makes him a little more interesting to me (not just a 100% evil creepy monster). Also helps explain why he didn't kill Kuro previously when he had the chance, although it equally makes sense that he was bored and didn't want to kill someone who could later give him a good fight...

I agreed and especially the way he was around those two other leaders and the scientist. He does not show though so you might be right that we have to speculate.
Oops! I appear to be incapable of following Rules 16 and 17, so I had to have a mod change my sig for me.
Nov 14, 2008 11:09 PM

Nov 2007
Part with guy exploding seemed even more violent than the test subjects in the previous episodes @_@ disturbing everytime I see it. And man that weird hair guy doesn't even have a face O_O or what can be called a face still a pretty good episode =D
Nov 15, 2008 12:32 PM

Sep 2008
Is it just me or does the animation seem to be getting lazyier? like when the series started we had 360 spinning cameras and dynamic action, now all we got is sword flashes and flying body parts. It's kinda getting dissapointing. I'm getting close to having to force myself to watch this
It doesn't think, it doesn't feel, it doesn't laugh or cry..... All it does from dusk till dawn is make the soldiers die.
Nov 15, 2008 12:47 PM

Aug 2008
Jigero said:
Is it just me or does the animation seem to be getting lazyier? like when the series started we had 360 spinning cameras and dynamic action, now all we got is sword flashes and flying body parts. It's kinda getting dissapointing. I'm getting close to having to force myself to watch this

Absolutely agree. This has become a big disappointment. The same goes with the story, there was promise and intelligence about the way things progressed in the first two or so episodes. Now, its just another stupid vampire anime with blood explosions and mutants all over the place. And there were how many lines of dialogue? Five? Six? And none of it even needed to be said...it was just to fill the void of having had no dialogue for minutes at a time.
Nov 15, 2008 8:26 PM

Mar 2008
Good action but indeed a lot lesser then the first few episodes.
I hope it pulls back together next episode.

MAL list updates
Nov 16, 2008 4:21 AM
Dec 2007
noteDhero said:
Jigero said:

Absolutely agree. This has become a big disappointment. The same goes with the story, there was promise and intelligence about the way things progressed in the first two or so episodes. Now, its just another stupid vampire anime with blood explosions and mutants all over the place. And there were how many lines of dialogue? Five? Six? And none of it even needed to be said...it was just to fill the void of having had no dialogue for minutes at a time.

I agree with you guys, this episode (as well as the 5th) dissapointed me till the last 5 minutes, but the final battle was really well-done and direction suddenly improved too. And the ending was promising, they'll finally meet Kuromitsu, or at least that's what they expect. Moreover, I don't think Madhouse has that good of an original scenario to begin with, from what I understood, the manga was not particularly great. Well, overall a good episode even if I was kinda dissapointed in the beginning :)

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Nov 16, 2008 5:11 AM

May 2008
I agree that the animation has been a lot lazier lately and that the story is crap, but I fully expected the latter. Considering that the final battle was well done and they did try to cram a lot of action into this episode I'm willing to let the animation slide for now, especially because I would rather have some movement and action in a mindless action series as opposed to watching characters standing around talking about stuff that isn't particularly interesting like in the last few episodes. This is pretty much the worst series that I'm still watching from this fall, but I'll probably tough it out and hope the second half is better.
Nov 16, 2008 8:20 AM

Feb 2008
Uh... had to rewatch the first ten minutes because I was totally lost in what was going on. The last few minutes were cool, though, next ep should be better, I hope..
Nov 16, 2008 6:34 PM

Nov 2007
This episode was intense indeed. Can't say I liked how the series turned out, but it's a decent watch.
Nov 17, 2008 9:34 AM

Jun 2007
Worst episode far. It was an all action episode, and when the fights weren't exciting and the animation was poor (what was with the white screening?) it made for a boring episode to watch. For the first time since I've started, I barely made it to the end of a Kurozuka episode. I'm hoping the next episode is an improvement... I'm hopeful it will at least be more story driven since the place the team are heading to is supposedly where Kuromitsu is.

Nov 17, 2008 12:58 PM

Aug 2008
Dorothea said:
Nah, the general was pretty sadistic himself.

Yes, I miss kewl camera angles. But there's so little story so far I can't tell if it's good or not (I mean the story, not the angles).
脱ぎません!_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ .

Nov 17, 2008 4:42 PM

Jan 2008
This series is just pure win. The fight scenes are amongst the best I have seen. I really like how they manage to get such a simple animation such as the black and white still-picture seem so intense - pure eyecandy.
And the plot is truely win aswell - it doesn't try to be more than it is. It is supposed to be a simple "good" vs "evil" series as I see it so far - and it works very well.
-N0iR-Nov 17, 2008 4:46 PM
~five exclamation marks is the sure sign of an insane mind~
Nov 17, 2008 5:32 PM

Aug 2008
Great fight. But the episode was boring.
Nov 17, 2008 8:44 PM

Oct 2008
yes loved how action packed it was even though most of the fights werent that great to watch the final fight scene was cool to watch and then seeing that guy blow up cause he thought he could handle the blood was great
Nov 18, 2008 8:55 PM

Dec 2007
The episode was not bad to me, and I don't think the episode bores me at all. The Red General's true form was very creepy. I'm looking forward to the next episode.
Nov 18, 2008 8:57 PM

Jun 2007
Loved this ep! It had the much needed action. I think Kuro didn't actually dodge the Red General's wire things at the end. I think he just lucked out that the head was facing the opposite direction and that only a few came towards him. Even if he was hit you know damn well he wouldn't die anyway so I'm sure Kuro doesn't care much if he gets hit or not at this point, he already won the battle so if he gets cut down he'll still survive.
Nov 19, 2008 12:41 AM

Jun 2008
Syco said:
yes loved how action packed it was even though most of the fights werent that great to watch the final fight scene was cool to watch and then seeing that guy blow up cause he thought he could handle the blood was great

agree with this...
other than that,
i think "it was OK" episode...
Nov 19, 2008 9:52 AM
Jan 2008
this show is going downhill fast. Ep 1-2 are awesome but the rest is rather disappointing.
I hope it picks up again.
Nov 20, 2008 1:42 PM

Jul 2007
Awesome episode was just awesome!
The action scenes were pretty intense and the great sound effects really added to it.
This series has not let me down, this is probably my favorite series of the Fall season:D
Nov 20, 2008 2:57 PM

Feb 2008
Oh nice. No time switches this time.
Nov 20, 2008 3:59 PM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
De-JaY said:
Oh nice. No time switches this time.

Lol xD.

Good episode, that Imperial Red Army guy was quite the freak.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Nov 26, 2008 9:17 PM

May 2008
What a sweet episode! I'm finally understanding the story better, so I'm enjoying it more now. With the first 3 episodes, I was just like WTFBBQ?!?!
Dec 2, 2008 12:49 PM

Oct 2008
Awesome fight scene... so so very. Izana you crazy fool...

Dec 4, 2008 3:49 AM

Nov 2007
talk about action. loved the fight sequences in this series. the are so much fun to watch.
Jan 29, 2009 11:53 AM

Feb 2008
Huh, this show gets more messed up with each episode.

And how much blood does Kuromitsu have to have it go around for everyone anyways?
Jul 8, 2009 2:33 AM

Apr 2009
Well, at the very least, Kurozuka does one thing better than other animes: It actually ends a fight in one episode.
Nov 24, 2009 2:55 AM
Nov 2008
AWESOOOMEEEEE!!

-_- i think it's awesome.
Mar 27, 2010 2:04 PM

Jan 2010
Indeed the fighting sequences are disappointing compared to the first episodes, but still quite good.

CottonCandyLover said:
Huh, this show gets more messed up with each episode.

And how much blood does Kuromitsu have to have it go around for everyone anyways?
Her blood regenerates? It's the logical explanation.
May 8, 2010 4:16 PM
Feb 2009
ballz that guy was very unfit and poof he exploded what an idiot~
Aug 17, 2012 11:03 AM

Jul 2011
Only in anime you see a guy injecting himself with steroid-like-blood-sample and literally explode ...... lol! amazing right!

The only thing I have to say about this ep is that I loved every and each second of it.
That Red Imperial Army General was so strong.... I like how he fights, but then he is no match to Kuro.
Jun 9, 2014 6:17 AM

Sep 2011
God that one guy was so stupid. (the dude who injected himself thinking he would become all that)
Nov 16, 2014 1:59 PM

Jan 2013
Alright episode, didnt think that the red big monster would be an issue, considering they beat the blue / purple one before ^^
Anyhow, seems the Red General was waiting for a good fight in a long time, he got it.
Jun 5, 2015 7:19 PM
Towel Attendant

Dec 2014
Another good episode for me. I really liked the way the animation went to black and white when Kuro went berserk form. It seemed to add to the unreal speed and power that he has in that form. Looking forward to the next episode.
Oct 9, 2015 12:35 AM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Informational wise, we didn't learn much at all this episode. It was mostly just action :/ And yeah, I noticed, barely any dialogue. I mean I like action, but this is more on the disturbing side with a lot of splatting and exploding, which can get a little tiring to see for so much of the episode. Well one thing we learned is that Kuromitsu's blood can be alluring too, making someone like Izana (who seemed to be a good person) become power hungry. I can't say that he deserved exploding, but he was probably already obsessed with the blood since the beginning, and spending so much time with it made him practically go insane.

Glad to see the Red general go bye bye though, he seemed to me to full of bloodlust, which is why he took down Kurou in that one episode, but then said to Kurou that they will meet again. The general probably just wanted to fight. Even when his head was chopped off he was still smiling and used the last bit of his energy to attack once more. Odd one, that guy. I think the problem I'm having with this series so far is the lack of explanation of the motivation of the characters, mainly the bad guys. Sure if the Red general really was just a dude lusting for battles, he doesn't need any backstory. But he feels incredibly one dimensional. Everyone else really isn't getting any characterization either.

So yeah, what now?
Dec 9, 2015 4:38 PM

Feb 2013
Using that blood didn't work out so well now did it?
Aug 11, 2016 2:45 PM

May 2012
Totally impressive episode, that ending was totally great! Looking forward to see what happens next!
Sep 20, 2016 12:49 AM
Sep 2015
God, I REALLY want to know the name of the song that played during the fight between Kuro and the General.
Jan 1, 2017 7:03 AM

Apr 2014
Man, I was beginning to grow tiresome of this show. But seeing Kurozuka go into paper-flip style berserk mdoe was actually pretty fucking awesome.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kurozuka Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tradedaemon - Dec 24, 2008

152 by tearofmankind »»
4 hours ago

» What happened after the first two episodes?

removed-user - Mar 2

4 by wiederherr »»
Mar 5, 11:51 AM

Poll: » Kurozuka Episode 7 Discussion

kie_ - Nov 20, 2008

41 by iChante »»
Sep 1, 2022 2:14 PM

Poll: » Kurozuka Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

angel999 - Oct 7, 2008

96 by Ballisto »»
Jan 25, 2021 9:03 PM

Poll: » Kurozuka Episode 8 Discussion

slayer545-sama - Nov 28, 2008

37 by OweynLupton »»
Jul 25, 2020 7:13 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.