Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Nov 10, 2012 4:55 AM

Sep 2012
kpk10 said:
Well, I would think Saturo x Shun will be important considering what I heard... that they are in love with each other. Is it true?
Remember I said it "serves as events that explore the evolving relationship between the characters."
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Nov 10, 2012 5:15 AM
Sep 2012
I am surprised that the scandal has been caused by the preview (though I should not be surprised).

Wild_Boy said:
Yvese said:
Fangirls out in full force.

I must concede.

I am a straight male. I am just mature and/or cultured enough to not care if some guy sticks his dick up another dude's ass.

Nov 10, 2012 5:20 AM

Sep 2012
^ Seriously, I wonder which midnight TV anime depicted such homosexual sex scene.

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Nov 10, 2012 5:25 AM

Nov 2007
Great episode! Kiroumaru looks like Nyanko-sensei's's true form! And timeskip next episode!

Saki looked beautiful in the preview!

5/5
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Nov 10, 2012 5:26 AM
Dec 2009
Man, I just want to see Satoru and Saki get it on...

Also, the second part of that preview is seriously confusing...
Nov 10, 2012 5:29 AM
Nov 2012
KingOfNoodles said:
Man, I just want to see Satoru and Saki get it on...

Also, the second part of that preview is seriously confusing...

Nov 10, 2012 5:30 AM

Sep 2012
Really great episode, the direction was really good on this one, there were no confusing moment anymore. I hope the quality will stay the same for the rest of this anime, because this great story deserves it.

On the other hand, this thread is terrible.
Nov 10, 2012 5:33 AM
Sep 2012
symbv said:
^ Seriously, I wonder which midnight TV anime depicted such homosexual sex scene.

Well, I do not think there is much description in the anime. I guess the anime only show that the homosexual scene is happening (I guess the program will do the same with scenes between girls).
Nov 10, 2012 5:39 AM

Sep 2012
Konja6 said:
Well, I do not think there is much description in the anime. I guess the anime only show that the homosexual scene is happening (I guess the program will do the same with scenes between girls).
I think my point is even if the anime shows sex is about to happen, I doubt we will see actual sex taking place. So any talk about "some guy sticks his dick up another dude's ass" is pretty much pointless anyway as we will not see any such depiction in a midnight anime.

Nov 10, 2012 5:53 AM
Sep 2012
symbv said:
I think my point is even if the anime shows sex is about to happen, I doubt we will see actual sex taking place. So any talk about "some guy sticks his dick up another dude's ass" is pretty much pointless anyway as we will not see any such depiction in a midnight anime.

You're right.
Nov 10, 2012 6:15 AM

Oct 2010
symbv said:
Konja6 said:
I still debate as to how much more they will show of it compared to other parts. We shall soon see if they mind less. Last I checked Rainbow anime had some homo stuff that was of the most intense TV wise I have seen not censored. You could literally see the guy getting it/more like prison raped but anyway that was a few years back so now maybe not.

Regardless I think nothing will be shown. It was done for the BJ of Saki on Satoru nor it will be shown of any details of the homo stuff. Still remains to be seen. I can't know till I see how much is revealed.

Just mentioning this.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Nov 10, 2012 6:22 AM

Sep 2012
Yumekichi11 said:
Last I checked Rainbow anime had some homo stuff that was of the most intense TV wise I have seen not censored. You could literally see the guy getting it/more like prison raped but anyway that was a few years back so now maybe not.
What Rainbow anime?

Anyway, even for heterosexual sex scenes it is widely thought that something like what is shown in Yosuga no Sora will never get made as a midnight anime TV series if it is to be made now. Censorship has definitely been tightened since YnS' days.

Nov 10, 2012 7:08 AM
Nov 2012
symbv said:
Yumekichi11 said:
Last I checked Rainbow anime had some homo stuff that was of the most intense TV wise I have seen not censored. You could literally see the guy getting it/more like prison raped but anyway that was a few years back so now maybe not.
What Rainbow anime?

And in which episode?

And you know, they could basically show whatever they want, as long as it cover with those white stripes...
Nov 10, 2012 7:30 AM

Feb 2012
symbv said:
@Wild_Boy

No need to waste your time with Naxrrhid or Yvese.

Also
http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=516023&show=80#msg18251877
I guess you completely missed my other posts - I've already moved on. Maybe you should read the thread first.
Nov 10, 2012 7:37 AM

Sep 2012
Yvese said:
I guess you completely missed my other posts - I've already moved on. Maybe you should read the thread first.
Actually I read them - you admitted you posted flame bait and you have thought things over, but Wild Boy was still replying to your post, so asking him not to waste time makes sense... Anyway I would instead say I guess you completely missed my other post?
http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=516023&show=100#msg18253219

Nov 10, 2012 8:09 AM

Feb 2012
symbv said:
Yvese said:
Actually I read them - you admitted you posted flame bait and you have thought things over, but Wild Boy was still replying to your post, so asking him not to waste time makes sense... Anyway I would instead say I guess you completely missed my other post?
http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=516023&show=100#msg18253219
I did read it and I already knew about it thanks to other posters.

Still, there's no need to include me with anyone. Wasting time? This is a discussion forum, and what I've done in this thread is exactly that; discuss. Just because you disagree with it doesn't mean people should stop wasting their time. Yea, I admitted my first post was flame bait, but I worked it out constructively and with actual discussion. You'd have a point if I replied with troll comments, instead I actually had legitimate arguments with people.

Like I said in my other posts; if you don't like it, don't reply to it. You replying just feeds the other post. What's happening right now is a prime example. Stay out of arguments that's not directed at you and ignore it.

I would have walked away from this thread, but you had to include me in your drivel.

Instead of actually discussing the anime, we're both going off-topic because you can't handle criticism and feel the need to assert your superiority just because you're in the majority. Let it go already.
YveseNov 10, 2012 8:13 AM
Nov 10, 2012 8:54 AM

Sep 2012
Yvese said:
Still, there's no need to include me with anyone. Wasting time? This is a discussion forum, and what I've done in this thread is exactly that; discuss. Just because you disagree with it doesn't mean people should stop wasting their time.
What I see is not calm discussion and Wild_Boys was continuing to go after you. We need real discussion not argument or vicious attack/counterattacks.
Yvese said:

Yea, I admitted my first post was flame bait, but I worked it out constructively and with actual discussion. You'd have a point if I replied with troll comments, instead I actually had legitimate arguments with people.
The thing is you started badly with your first and second post and emotion still get mixed in in the subsequent "discussion". I agree there were some valid discussion that went on but there were also comments that seem based more on emotion.
Yvese said:

Like I said in my other posts; if you don't like it, don't reply to it. You replying just feeds the other post. What's happening right now is a prime example. Stay out of arguments that's not directed at you and ignore it.
How is it a prime example? I looked at your old posts and you had a question for the novel readers. Sure you said other posters replied to that, but as far as I know I am the only novel reader posting in this thread, which is why I replied you in a post that answers your question, no attack or criticism, just explanation based on your question as a reader of the novel.

And if you had applied your own principle to yourself, if you don't like my post, don't reply to it saying "I guess you completely missed my other posts" etc etc..
Yvese said:

Instead of actually discussing the anime, we're both going off-topic because you can't handle criticism and feel the need to assert your superiority just because you're in the majority. Let it go already.
"Can't handle criticism"...What criticism did you give besides your own preference about depiction of homosexuality? As for majority, I am not sure majority about what that you are trying to insinuate, but if you want to say fans of a show are the majority in an anime thread then it is only natural but where do we have "assertion of superiority"?
symbvNov 10, 2012 9:07 AM

Nov 10, 2012 8:57 AM
Nov 2012
Casually observes that Shun went to hug Satoru instead of Saki...
Nov 10, 2012 9:17 AM

Jun 2010
Is it just me or the quality increased this episode?

Awesome episode. Once again. Things are getting more interesting. Btw did I miss anything? Cuz I can't recognize the voice who was narrating the last scene.

Woah there's a flamewar here. Cool stuff.
Nov 10, 2012 9:30 AM

Sep 2012
-MgZ_ said:
Btw did I miss anything? Cuz I can't recognize the voice who was narrating the last scene.
This is the same narration voice used in other episodes. It is still Aya Endo.

Nov 10, 2012 9:39 AM

Dec 2008
-MgZ_ said:
Is it just me or the quality increased this episode?

Awesome episode. Once again. Things are getting more interesting. Btw did I miss anything? Cuz I can't recognize the voice who was narrating the last scene.

Woah there's a flamewar here. Cool stuff.

By the style of the narration you are to assume it is an older version of Saki that is reflecting on the past.

Also Kaji Yuki voicing older Satoru... i seriously have no idea how I am to feel about this...
Nov 10, 2012 10:48 AM

Dec 2011
Awesome episode. The next ep looks interesting too, I can't wait.
Nov 10, 2012 10:52 AM

Oct 2010
symbv said:
Yumekichi11 said:
What Rainbow anime?
You did not know:
http://myanimelist.net/anime/6114/Rainbow:_Nisha_Rokubou_no_Shichinin
it aired on TV and there was prison rape gay sex. Not censored but not explicit.

I though you knew of that one.
kpk10 said:
symbv said:
Yumekichi11 said:
What Rainbow anime?

And in which episode?

And you know, they could basically show whatever they want, as long as it cover with those white stripes...
It was in the beginning and there was no cover. It was not shown of the details but you can clearly see the rape.

So don't be surprised if something like that will be done in this series. Rainbow was also a serious novel work written on the prison abuse after the war in Japan.

There you go.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Nov 10, 2012 11:44 AM

Apr 2010
Can someone who read the novel tell me if Satoru is giving or receiving?
I think I fell in love with him xD

I don't like time skips. I want to know what happened between. And most of times after time skip, friends are no longer friends and its sad :(
Nov 10, 2012 12:04 PM
Nov 2012
Iwans18 said:

Giving... :)
Nov 10, 2012 1:18 PM
Apr 2012
I like how the animation quality deteriorates with each episode.
Nov 10, 2012 1:29 PM

Jun 2009
Quality! Is back!

Can't wait for next episode!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 10, 2012 2:51 PM

Oct 2012
kpk10 said:
Casually observes that Shun went to hug Satoru instead of Saki...

xD I thought the same thing when I saw that scene ._.
"We should be more proud of NEETs! Love the country that strives to produce NEETs, for world peace, we must stand up! We must find more non NEET-in-waiting elites, learn from each other , form a new Japanese Party, and bravely challenge the evil! Grow, NEETs! Grow like blazing fire! NEETs!”
Nov 10, 2012 3:45 PM

Jul 2010
Wow, the rest of the gang has been waiting at the lake all this time? Good to see them again though; it's been nothing but Saki and Satoru for the last three episodes.

More of their Canti have been restored as well! It doesn't look like everything is back to normal though...

Nov 10, 2012 4:45 PM

Sep 2012
To everybody bitching about the yaoi: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wQYob6dpTTk

My guess is it will show about just as much as the straight "sex scene": Absolutely nothing.

Anyway, great episode!
Nov 10, 2012 6:32 PM

Feb 2010
Awesome episode. I love this series in all it's oddity and creepiness. <3
Nov 10, 2012 7:02 PM

Nov 2009
So next episode it will be the time skip.
But I don't understand why would they want to come back home instead of running away? Isn't it where the adults (ethic committee or something) want to kill them?
Nov 10, 2012 7:03 PM

Feb 2012
I seriously thought Kiroumaru would kill them and the kids put their poker faces on.

kpk10 said:
Iwans18 said:

Giving... :)

That's a spoiler, you know.

Takana_no_Hana said:
But I don't understand why would they want to come back home instead of running away? Isn't it where the adults (ethic committee or something) want to kill them?

Humans can't kill each other but the rats for example could kill them.
ZhouNov 10, 2012 7:06 PM
Nov 10, 2012 7:41 PM

Nov 2009
Zhou said:

Takana_no_Hana said:

But the adults ordered the rat to kill them. Remember those missing kids in the village? If they think the village is safe, then those kid wouldn't be missing(or killed) in the first place. I think your explanation make no sense.
Nov 10, 2012 7:55 PM

Feb 2012
Takana_no_Hana said:
Zhou said:

Takana_no_Hana said:

But the adults ordered the rat to kill them. Remember those missing kids in the village? If they think the village is safe, then those kid wouldn't be missing(or killed) in the first place. I think your explanation make no sense.

To be fair, I didn't say it's safe in the village.
Nov 10, 2012 8:31 PM

Sep 2012
Yumekichi11 said:
symbv said:
What Rainbow anime?
You did not know:
http://myanimelist.net/anime/6114/Rainbow:_Nisha_Rokubou_no_Shichinin
it aired on TV and there was prison rape gay sex. Not censored but not explicit.
I though you knew of that one.
I knew it by its Japanese name: 二舎六房の七人 but no I did not check the anime because its gekiga artstyle is not my taste.

Yumekichi11 said:
So don't be surprised if something like that will be done in this series. Rainbow was also a serious novel work written on the prison abuse after the war in Japan.
Even so there is still the issue of underaged sex here in Shinsekai Yori. This is where the censorship has been tightened the most since the controversial censorship rule by Ishihara Shintaro came into effect almost 2 years ago. I seriously doubt depiction of such sex scene can be shown now, censored or not.
symbvNov 10, 2012 8:54 PM

Nov 10, 2012 8:40 PM
Sep 2012
symbv said:
Yumekichi11 said:
Even so there is still the issue of underaged sex here in Shinsekai Yori. This is where the censorship has been tightened the most since the controversial censorship rule by Ishihara Shintaro came into effect almost 2 years ago. I seriously doubt depiction of such sex scene can be depicted now, censored or not.
So I guess we can expect lots of wierd gazes into each others eyes and odd poses without actually showing anything.
Nov 10, 2012 9:49 PM

Aug 2011
I'm enjoying this.
Nov 10, 2012 10:17 PM

Jan 2011
afraid of getting attacked by fangirls i'll just say i look forward to seeing everyone grown up and i'm thankful for a fast forward button :).
Nov 10, 2012 10:30 PM

Oct 2012
Did anyone else make this connection?

My subjective reviews: katsureview.wordpress.com
THE CHAT CLUB.
Nov 11, 2012 1:22 AM
Apr 2011
And so the school trip arc ends. It would be nice if given more time the in-betweens would be included to explain how the characters get into the situations they are in. Still the important parts were shown, so I have no big complaints there.
Nov 11, 2012 1:25 AM

Feb 2012
This queerats business finally ended :D

And next week looks good! Time-skip atlast~
Good thing they retrieved their cantus too :)
Nov 11, 2012 2:02 AM
Aug 2012
They finally got away from the rats. Thank fuck for that.
Nov 11, 2012 3:59 AM

Oct 2009
uwa uwa okaeri ? or not <.<;

ssf4ae (pc) : misterCybou
sc2 : CybE // 665
Nov 11, 2012 5:03 AM

Sep 2009
Yvese said:
That preview completely killed most of my interest for this anime. Just when it started getting good.

If we're going to be seeing shit like that, then I'm going to have to drop this, especially if it might be a regular occurrence since it looks like they may be in a relationship(?).

Yea, no thanks. Yuri I'm fine with, but if there's brokeback mountain shit, fuck that.

I absolutely hate yaoi. I dropped no.6 because of the yaoi undertones but Shinsekai Yori is way too good to drop over something so trivial.
Nov 11, 2012 6:46 AM

Apr 2011
steaminferno said:
Yvese said:
That preview completely killed most of my interest for this anime. Just when it started getting good.

If we're going to be seeing shit like that, then I'm going to have to drop this, especially if it might be a regular occurrence since it looks like they may be in a relationship(?).

Yea, no thanks. Yuri I'm fine with, but if there's brokeback mountain shit, fuck that.

I absolutely hate yaoi. I dropped no.6 because of the yaoi undertones but Shinsekai Yori is way too good to drop over something so trivial.

I agree 100%. Great episode and now we get a time skip. I loled at the people in the discussion who are bitching about the grass scene in the next episode. Yea I don't like that scene but if you're going to drop this great anime off just for that one part then you have issues, its so sad that we have people like that MAL.
Nov 11, 2012 7:06 AM

Oct 2010
damn what a cliff hanger :/
Nov 11, 2012 7:10 AM
Nov 2012
That Shun...

Suddenly he finds himself not in control anymore, Saki and Satoru gone through so much and only they know what to do now, and when he saw a chance (When Saki mentioned the mantra thing) he jumped right on it so he could take control again over the group.

I'm starting to really hate him...
kpk10Nov 11, 2012 7:15 AM
Nov 11, 2012 7:14 AM

Sep 2012
kpk10 said:
That Shun...
I don't see him "jump right on it". When Saki mentioned the mantra thing, he only said he remembers it but could not make it work. He did not jump onto anything. It was only later that they came to the conclusion that Saki could try to bring the power back to Shun if he remembers his own mantra.

Nov 11, 2012 7:43 AM

Mar 2008
Hikarusuke said:

I agree 100%. Great episode and now we get a time skip. I loled at the people in the discussion who are bitching about the grass scene in the next episode. Yea I don't like that scene but if you're going to drop this great anime off just for that one part then you have issues, its so sad that we have people like that MAL.

I'm out of topic since usually I don't watch next ep previews. And I didn't read the novel yet (not sure where to find English translation). But the quote above sounds just right to me.
So far, compared to most other shows in current season, this anime depicts most live characters. And if there will be some (near)yaoi scene which was caused by mental state of the characters and not just because director decided to add some hentai element - this will only make characters more believable. Personally I can't wait to see what's behind this, even though I'm not into yaoi. But if someone thinks he can drop the show just because of this, I won't try to stop him. Instead, I'll just let him watch yet another show with some emotionless and brainless characters that can't figure out how to help themselves until the show hits 18th episode or so. There is plenty of those.
EndymionNov 11, 2012 7:48 AM
Pages (7) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Ugly KV

ScuzzyBear - Jun 8, 2023

9 by charlieman999 »»
Mar 28, 6:10 AM

Poll: » Shinsekai yori Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 16, 2012

702 by Ryls »»
Mar 19, 12:05 PM

Poll: » Shinsekai yori Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 22, 2013

1325 by Xeehad »»
Mar 2, 8:13 AM

Poll: » Shinsekai yori Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jan 4, 2013

169 by Xeehad »»
Mar 1, 11:37 AM

Poll: » Shinsekai yori Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 26, 2012

516 by Xeehad »»
Feb 26, 10:04 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.