Forum Settings
Forums
Missions of Love
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 2, 2012 2:16 AM
Review Moderator
(。•̀ᴗ-)⌒✧

Jun 2007
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
I rly enjoyed the start of the manga and loved it up to the teacher's appearance. Ever since he appeared, the whole thing just started getting bad. Yukina's unrealistic first love from kindergarden for crying out loud and then having to get over that, again for crying out loud. And now, she's turning into a sl**.

This chapter just shows me how sex deprived is Yukina since all she wants is physical attachment and not mental at all. She plainly wants to get laid. There's a limit as to how much of an innocent you are. She has already gone the wrong path and the 2 guys are totally ok with that and instead of slapping her in the face, they had sat down each licking one of her ears and be ok as Yukina decides who turns her on more and thus go out with him... What a sl** >_> And what stupid guys >_> And now Yukina is pissed off cause Shigure just wouldn't turn her on like usually so she went to the next victim. Who likes to read that stuff? D:

It's pretty obvious that Shigure likes Yukina, Yukina like Shigure, Mami likes Akira and Akira will soon like Mami. I wish they went on a more straight line than this crap.

I'm so disappointed. I had to drop the series from a 9 to a 6 and that's cause I still hope for something but I can see it going further down in my list~
Jul 2, 2012 2:53 AM

Jan 2008
"Do anything i say!" What is this? She doesn't want a lover, she wants a slave. I'm so sick of this "innocence" crap and Yukina's "Oh i'm coming!!!" face. Why don't they see how selfish she is? I mean, is ok just to be beautiful? What about the characteristic (which obviously she doesn't have)? I don't expect anything better from this point.
Jul 2, 2012 4:17 AM

Feb 2012
Yukina's actions are wrong and its wrong if she ends up with her cousin as he seems to have yet to mature mentally as well. Akira doesn't seem like he is trying to change Yukina at all and is just contempt with her acting the way she is right now. Although i really want Yukina to end up with Shigure, at the moment, i think he is too good for her.

Ever since the teacher arc things went kind of downhill a bit as many would agree.
Jul 2, 2012 5:16 AM
Mar 2009
Ye This is what i'm saying, Yukina is a freaking bitch....but on the other hand Shigure is being a total idiot trying to get with a girl as manipulating as that.

All she wants is attention not 'love'.

Also Akira might aswell take the rebound...although I hate his character with a passion!!!
Jul 2, 2012 5:25 AM

Aug 2007
Akira is not good for her, someone who always does what you want is not you lover/boyfriend, he's your slave. If Yukina expects Shigure to do everything she wants, than she is aiming to have a robot, but a boyfriend is a human being and a relationship can only work out, if both parts have a mutual understanding of what the other needs to be happy. To claim all the happyness by herself is really selfish.
I think the date with Shigure "failed", so that she can experience her selfishness and, hopefully, learn from it during her date with Akira, who will simply do everything she wants. She needs to understand that a relationship is something dynamic.

Yukinas look on love is actually still very childish. Frankly speaking, she wants it all and is very selfish. She thinks that she will have to say goodbye to the "looser" for good, but this is not true at all. She has this "all or nothing"-kind of thinking, that she needs to get rid of. Well, and she needs to get rid of her selfishness. You know, the reason why she doesn't want to say goodbye to one of them is not because she's afraid she will hurt him, but because she doesn't want the attention to stop. The fact that she will have to hurt someone if she decides for the winner doesn't even cross her mind.

I'm actually quite happy we still have a long way for Yukina to go, because she's still extreamly inexperienced about relationships in general and would never be able to make a relationship with a boyfriend work out in any kind of sense we would call "normal".

But... I'm annoyed by her sex-face. I mean, seriously, this was g-rated sex in this chapter, even if she has no clue about love, nobody would do this. >__> I know Manga are far from realistic, but this is just too much.
Jul 2, 2012 10:12 AM

Jul 2011
man that whole thing with yukina begging shigure to touch her was just awkward, it was like she was begging him to screw her

im confused why shigure was holding back, is it something to do with his past experiences

its pretty obvious mami is starting to like akira and yukina is just using akira as shigures substitute
Jul 2, 2012 10:35 AM

Nov 2007
Yukina cannot choose who she likes, so she's going to test (date) both of them.

Seems like a new character who's competing against Yukina for the novel.

Her mother's sense of fashion made Shigure bump! Shigure's good at choosing where to date, while Akira gets Mami's help on deciding where to date. Akira's mother was a model?? Akira's smile caught Mami (including myself).

Shigure's gentle touch caught Yukina it seems. Shigure's holding on her request, so she might going to get what she wants from Akira.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Jul 2, 2012 12:12 PM

Aug 2007
Yes, she will get what she wants from Akira, but then she's probably like 'Shigure...' and so on. Akira was really cute this chapter, that smile... Anyhow, yes, it will obviously be Yukina x Shigure and Akira x Mami, but I think that is being stalled for the time with more teasing chapters.
Dutch anime blogger with a love for Ikuhara's antics and proper storytelling.
Jul 2, 2012 2:44 PM

Nov 2011
Damn, Shigure you kinda fucked up..now it's his turn.
Jul 2, 2012 7:32 PM

Mar 2011
I'm kind of torn about Yukina. I don't like how she thinks of "love" as a form of physical interaction only, but It's understandable since she's a logical person and has no experience when it comes to romantic relationship.
I don't like how she demanding she became though. If this goes on, I'm going to completely hate her
Jul 2, 2012 9:15 PM

Nov 2008
That does it, I'm starting a freaking Kitami Shigure FANCLUB ♥

Also, I think the Yukina-haters are being way too harsh on her.

But... I'm annoyed by her sex-face. I mean, seriously, this was g-rated sex in this chapter, even if she has no clue about love, nobody would do this. >__> I know Manga are far from realistic, but this is just too much.

Wtf are you talking about "sex-face"...whut? o_________O

Jul 6, 2012 1:36 AM
Jul 2010
This chapter wasnt quiet... yeah...
i think its stupid how yukina is going on dates with both of them on the same day then choosing..
i miss her usual confident side D:
I really hope the Tooyama Ema makes an amazing comeback from this...
Jul 6, 2012 6:55 AM

Apr 2012
Agree with everyone. It's like from this point we know that she'll end up with Shigure and Akira with Mami.

Now I hope there'd be a twist at the end that'd be really unexpected.

My forum picture is awesome. #sorrynotsorry (tumblr)

Jul 6, 2012 1:17 PM

Jun 2012
Well.... straying from those couples...

I'm wondering who Dolche really is....
Imagine if dolche is actually shigure.... that would be some crazy twist lmao but unlikely....
Jul 6, 2012 1:53 PM

Nov 2008
chiyumi said:
Well.... straying from those couples...

I'm wondering who Dolche really is....
Imagine if dolche is actually shigure.... that would be some crazy twist lmao but unlikely....

I think it's Mami because of the bunny charm on the phone. But it could also be that guy with the glasses who was watching Mami sleep.

Jul 10, 2012 11:01 PM
Feb 2009
So intence >_<
Jul 21, 2012 12:07 PM

Nov 2011
I'm actually not quite sure what I just read but I'm glad it looks like she's back to Akira. (ship<3) But now this seems like he's just acting as her rebound/ plan B...
Jul 26, 2012 11:19 PM

Sep 2011
Wow,suddenly this manga got interesting again.I kinda felt bad for Shigure,the guy messed up.
Anyway,I'll look forward to the next chapter
Jul 28, 2012 6:20 AM
Nov 2010
Haha, what is Yukina doing? "This one isn't a slave yet, let's see the other one!"
Jul 31, 2012 8:22 PM

Jul 2009
Maffy said:
I rly enjoyed the start of the manga and loved it up to the teacher's appearance. Ever since he appeared, the whole thing just started getting bad. Yukina's unrealistic first love from kindergarden for crying out loud and then having to get over that, again for crying out loud. And now, she's turning into a sl**.
Last chapter discussion my comment, I think I called her a slut for wanting both and people bitched at me for it... This just proves I was dead on, don't you think? :\

Shigure seems to be a real gentleman... and Yukina seems attracted to the false image he was giving off before. Yukina seems to have forgotten that she doesn't know what Shigure is really like, and Akira hasn't realized it either. At this rate the whole manga is going to snowball into something disappointing.

Also, this chapter makes it look like Dolche has a connection to Shigure... In my opinion, Dolche is becoming a main player in the story and as long as his/her identity remains a secret from the readers, it's going to ruin the enjoyment... forced to suspect anyone but Yukina/Akira of being Dolche... questioning Dolche's connection to any character, and so on.....
Aug 1, 2012 8:33 AM

Nov 2008
kyled00m said:
]Last chapter discussion my comment, I think I called her a slut for wanting both and people bitched at me for it... This just proves I was dead on, don't you think? :\

No, wanting your life to stay the same doesn't make you a slut. =_= Yukina doesn't "want both" of the boys. She wants Shigure but she doesn't want to say good-bye permanently to Akira because he's her cousin AND her friend. So she is really conflicted right now.

Aug 1, 2012 5:02 PM

Jul 2009
Chiibi said:
kyled00m said:
Last chapter discussion my comment, I think I called her a slut for wanting both and people bitched at me for it... This just proves I was dead on, don't you think? :

No, wanting your life to stay the same doesn't make you a slut. =_= Yukina doesn't "want both" of the boys. She wants Shigure but she doesn't want to say good-bye permanently to Akira because he's her cousin AND her friend. So she is really conflicted right now.
It seems you haven't noticed the main fault of Yukina's actions. Yukina found out that Shigure was using a false personality to date every girl in the school. She's supposed to be a writer... yet she completely forgot that she didn't know the REAL Shigure. If she was a good writer, she should've tried to pry that false image off him and see what he really was.

I'll also point out that had she chosen Shigure, Akira would stay her Cousin/Friend... Her refusal to answer when they asked her, showed she wanted both, Akira and the false Shigure... I found it completely funny that the moment Shigure was like "I will treasure my time with you", a TRUE ROMANCE, she ran. She showed her true colors... how revolting.
Aug 2, 2012 10:16 PM

Nov 2008
kyled00m said:
]It seems you haven't noticed the main fault of Yukina's actions. Yukina found out that Shigure was using a false personality to date every girl in the school. She's supposed to be a writer... yet she completely forgot that she didn't know the REAL Shigure. If she was a good writer, she should've tried to pry that false image off him and see what he really was.

Um.........seriously, what does that have to do with anything? But oh well, I guess I'll humor you.

If you really think Yukina's only attracted to false Shigure, you haven't been paying attention at all. Yukina HATES false Shigure. She has stated over and over many times about how boring he is. False Shigure was the whole reason she was never going to use his character in her novel. Yukina is only attracted to the REAL Shigure. All her missions are with the real Shigure. All of her chemistry is with the real Shigure. All of her meaningful conversations are with the real Shigure.

I'll also point out that had she chosen Shigure, Akira would stay her Cousin/Friend...

This was never confirmed for her. Yes, he would still be her cousin but the manga dialogue is quoted here, word-for-word: "If you choose one, that means you have to say good-bye to the other".

Her refusal to answer when they asked her, showed she wanted both, Akira and the false Shigure...

No, it didn't show that at all. A refusal to answer means she hasn't made up her mind yet. She asked for some time to think about it, did she not?

I found it completely funny that the moment Shigure was like "I will treasure my time with you", a TRUE ROMANCE, she ran. She showed her true colors... how revolting.

She didn't run away because he said that! She left because the date was OVER and she was upset that he wouldn't give her the attention she wanted. She's acting spoiled because she's used to getting her way.

If you don't like her, fine but don't make up stuff and try to turn her into a completely horrible person which she is not.

Aug 3, 2012 5:21 AM

Jul 2009
Chiibi said:
kyled00m said:
]It seems you haven't noticed the main fault of Yukina's actions. Yukina found out that Shigure was using a false personality to date every girl in the school. She's supposed to be a writer... yet she completely forgot that she didn't know the REAL Shigure. If she was a good writer, she should've tried to pry that false image off him and see what he really was.

Um.........seriously, what does that have to do with anything? But oh well, I guess I'll humor you.

If you really think Yukina's only attracted to false Shigure, you haven't been paying attention at all. Yukina HATES false Shigure. She has stated over and over many times about how boring he is. False Shigure was the whole reason she was never going to use his character in her novel. Yukina is only attracted to the REAL Shigure. All her missions are with the real Shigure. All of her chemistry is with the real Shigure. All of her meaningful conversations are with the real Shigure.

I'll also point out that had she chosen Shigure, Akira would stay her Cousin/Friend...

This was never confirmed for her. Yes, he would still be her cousin but the manga dialogue is quoted here, word-for-word: "If you choose one, that means you have to say good-bye to the other".

Her refusal to answer when they asked her, showed she wanted both, Akira and the false Shigure...

No, it didn't show that at all. A refusal to answer means she hasn't made up her mind yet. She asked for some time to think about it, did she not?

I found it completely funny that the moment Shigure was like "I will treasure my time with you", a TRUE ROMANCE, she ran. She showed her true colors... how revolting.

She didn't run away because he said that! She left because the date was OVER and she was upset that he wouldn't give her the attention she wanted. She's acting spoiled because she's used to getting her way.

If you don't like her, fine but don't make up stuff and try to turn her into a completely horrible person which she is not.
I'm not going to indulge you since you're merely taking what you see for face value.
Aug 3, 2012 8:23 AM

Nov 2008
kyled00m said:
]I'm not going to indulge you since you're merely taking what you see for face value.

Face value? I'm stating facts from the actual manga instead of creating theories as an excuse to hate the main character.

The next chapter will be out soon and then we'll see who was right.

Aug 4, 2012 11:14 PM

Dec 2007
So Yukina is more interested in having a (sex?) slave than an actual lover. Interesting.

The whole novel issue was a cool way to start the story, but lately all it's doing it prevent Yukina's character development. I wanted her to still be a badass, but right now her character is going down the drain in order to create unnecesary long drama to extend the manga.
undead_blopaAug 4, 2012 11:21 PM
Aug 5, 2012 10:45 AM

Nov 2008
Yukina IS still a badass. She has always been vulnerable to boys when they are affectionate with her.

I felt the sensei arc's drama was much more unnecessary, however it was needed for Shigure to come to terms with his feelings. What's happening now is needed for Yukina to come to terms with hers. It's not just "to make the manga longer".

Aug 6, 2012 9:59 PM

Feb 2009
Yikes... this kind of went down the shitter since last time I read it.
Aug 10, 2012 7:50 AM

May 2010
No,I needed progress.well atleast mami has started to fall for akira.
Sep 3, 2012 2:51 PM

Sep 2011
I also thought she was a complete Sl** in the last couple of chapters, she is just treating them as objects, and is really slu**y. She doesn't care at all about them as people, she just wants to be gratified by them.
Dec 25, 2012 8:39 AM
Jul 2018
Poor Sigure he didnt want do it,coz he knows he would go overboard and that damn girl already running to other guy.
Sep 28, 2016 10:04 PM

May 2015
this is getting pretty stupid. at the first few chapters I really thought that I could have rated this 7 or 8 but this is like some 3 or 4 shit .-.

i was enjoying this at first. i guess ill have to wait to see how i think about this...

More topics from this board

Poll: » Watashi ni xx Shinasai! Chapter 1 Discussion

rweqoiu - Aug 22, 2009

8 by roseRosie24 »»
Jun 17, 2023 9:12 PM

Poll: » Watashi ni xx Shinasai! Chapter 74 Discussion

Stark700 - Jan 12, 2016

13 by light_straight »»
Oct 22, 2022 3:56 AM

Poll: » Watashi ni xx Shinasai! Chapter 22 Discussion

-Quasar - Apr 30, 2011

17 by LeonhartAugust »»
Oct 2, 2021 3:23 PM

Poll: » Watashi ni xx Shinasai! Chapter 10 Discussion

ClementIV - Feb 15, 2010

16 by Lolicon »»
Aug 28, 2020 3:57 AM

» mami and akira

sasugacrab - Jan 18, 2018

3 by removed-user »»
May 20, 2018 9:23 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.