Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jun 28, 2012 11:35 AM

Oct 2010
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Saw it online. 3 simple things to resume quickly and nicely.

Superb action/SFX.

Superb transformation with BGM.

Superb service with moderation.

Truly a nice anime to look towards each episode. What surprised me is that Gods may be Evil/Good in this. Mostly I think the God will be Evil or gone out of control so as to why they need to be killed. Clearly just this episode shows of a nasty rampage.

What I meant by superb transformation is the following,

That alone might be hard to beat in terms of what it is, involves and the amazing animation going along with it.

That being said will look at this series more. However Campione will distinguish itself with animation and fan service. I might have to take back moderation to mass appeal that I don’t mind. It kind fit well with Erica and that other voluptuous woman in the spoiler
now that is one hot MILF, can’t deny the appeal of her lingerie there. Then again Erica in lingeries looked mighty fine. I can easily expect bath/ fan service scenes with this spoiler. Might edit later.

BTW Some Image Stitches are done in the BLOG (NSFW):
http://ecchiking99.blogspot.ca/2012/06/campione-first-image-stitches-press.html
Pretty good of Erica ones.
KinetaSep 11, 2012 10:59 AM

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Jun 28, 2012 12:46 PM
Jun 2008
Oh god(Zeus)... the pace is so fast that I felt dizzy watching it. The Anime start straight from chapter3 , and it gave me a confusing start .

The Hikasa from this Anime remind me is IS.
WTf.... the door is locked from outside ~.~"

Prometheus , one of the titan god.It has been very long since I heard this name from Age of Mythology .
Jun 28, 2012 12:47 PM

Nov 2011
Mm, I'll wait for the sub version of this but it looks tolerable, at least in the action department.
Jun 28, 2012 1:16 PM

Nov 2008
Godou and his golden swords of pwnage (we have another unlimited sword works here)

Erica has a nice body and elegance even though she's super obnoxious when drunk.

Jun 28, 2012 3:03 PM

Jul 2010
The end of the episode reminded me of F/SN:UBW. Action looks pretty good though. Fan service was nice too.
Jun 28, 2012 5:06 PM

Jan 2012
Can't wait for the subs. It'll be awesome.
I'm reading the novels, they're great so far.
Jun 28, 2012 7:04 PM

May 2011
Damn, looks nice there.
Jun 28, 2012 11:12 PM

Feb 2009
Haha, oh wow. They started on volume 3 which is about how he got his powers. I guess they wanted to get that part out of the way from the beginning. And the pace was super fast but it was done pretty well.
Hikasa Yoko's voice was pretty good. That Italian bit in the beginning, I'm not an expert but it was okay I think. Godou's voice was okay too, though I wished this is the voice Matsuoka Yoshitsugu uses for Kirito.
It's a good start. Let's see if they can keep this up.
Jun 28, 2012 11:20 PM

Feb 2010
good first episode as a novel reader i can't wait for all the crazy stuff gets animated hope they don't screw up^^
Jun 29, 2012 2:38 AM

May 2011
nice action, great effects, very stylish looking, main protagonist only slightly retarded, main girl is a hot tsundere. Everything looks like it's a worthy watch. Nice ending to the episode too.
Jun 29, 2012 2:44 AM

May 2012
Looks like it's gonna be really interesting,
erica's pretty cute too.
now I don't know about you guys but I liked that crazy maid best of all XD
Jun 29, 2012 7:21 AM

Oct 2009
A good start but with this i think it gonna be set as a double season anime so 24ish eps.
LOL at the drinking scene.
It even introduced the characters that'll show up later
Anime, Food and Sleep Who needs anything more!
Jun 29, 2012 5:20 PM
Jan 2008
All flash no substance. Whoever wrote the script should just kill himself. The whole anime was using every single existing template just to grab the viewers attention with a poor attempt at showing action sequences with little to no explanation whatsoever. At least japan's opinion on this anime is pretty much right, the show is just too chuuni and doesn't deliver.
Jun 29, 2012 5:30 PM

Nov 2011
Well, it looks like Crunchyroll got this series so going to watch it in 720 or 1080p later when it debuts officially :D
Jun 29, 2012 11:20 PM
Jun 2012
This is bad and disaster-ish as a LN reader Campione! manic.....

They change the story about 80% so much

So..as a LN reader this is bad.....feel too fast pace, so many unnatural scene...character development is cliche ...
but as a non-LN reader this could be a Superb series...
noireoJun 30, 2012 10:32 PM
Jun 29, 2012 11:34 PM

Jan 2011
As a non-reader watching an unsubbed version I'm impressed enough to add it to my watch list. We'll see how it works in subbed version when I can get a higher percentage of the dialogue.

Later edit: After subbing I was quite happy with the way they developed the story. I don't know if it followed the LN, but it was a pretty coherent start to the series as a stand alone. Does Erica have to kiss him to start the UBW effect?
rodacJul 1, 2012 7:50 PM
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Jun 30, 2012 9:24 AM

Apr 2011
I haven't read the original content but I felt that it skip an episode or two.

So far, it looks interesting, good art, good animation, and a decent amount of fanservice courtesy of Erica.
Jun 30, 2012 7:14 PM

Nov 2007
As long as it doesnt become a pantsu anime, I think I will be enjoying it. Tsundere Erica already kissed Godou. But I have seen more anime like this. The only couple of things worth the mention are the animation quality, even for a webrip, it looked fantastic and the background music. The other couple of reasons to continue will be Erica and Gilgamesh no Chikara.

4/5 for this episode.
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Jun 30, 2012 7:29 PM

Mar 2011
that was a good episode
But there are still some part that are confusing
I think I will enjoy this :)
Jun 30, 2012 8:23 PM
Jun 2011
this looks really really good, cant wait for more!!!!!!!
Jun 30, 2012 8:42 PM

Aug 2010
I don't know if I'll continue watching this one. I'm on the fence right now. The premise doesn't interest me too much.
Jun 30, 2012 9:05 PM

Aug 2010
well shit, they jumped right into the action.
At least the male protagonist isn't useless/getting in the way.
seemed good to me.
4/5
Jun 30, 2012 9:08 PM

Jun 2010
Interesting. Can't wait for more.

Had to rewatch some parts because I kept getting confused.

Jun 30, 2012 9:10 PM

Jun 2011
So much happening for the first episode it seems as though its being rushed to fit a 12 episode long anime or something. it was still alright though
Jun 30, 2012 9:10 PM
Jun 2012
shanimebib said:
As long as it doesnt become a pantsu anime, I think I will be enjoying it. Tsundere Erica already kissed Godou. But I have seen more anime like this. The only couple of things worth the mention are the animation quality, even for a webrip, it looked fantastic and the background music. The other couple of reasons to continue will be Erica and Gilgamesh no Chikara.

4/5 for this episode.

Tsundere??? Erica?? Nah....Godou is more Tsundere like.... Erica is pretty open ..:D u will see....remember this is V3 of LN 'The first Tale'
I wonder if they are skipping V11 'the second tale' if they make V3 that way....
NVM...About Godou power...apart from Sword of wisdom...
<<This is from Jcafe ,From Kadi summaries>>
The forms are
noireoJun 30, 2012 10:30 PM
Jun 30, 2012 9:15 PM

Feb 2012
5/5 for this episode and I have got to say, this is the best first episode of anything I have ever seen. Holy fuck, we had a kiss in the first damn episode, some very nice fan service, some awesome transformations, some intense action, and a pretty interesting story, not to mention a very likable heroine. I wasn't even excited for this show, but figured I'd watch it anyway. Well now I am incredibly excited - must have more. Hell, I might even rewatch this ep when it comes out in 720p. What a start.

"In both love and octopus-hunting, you have to take the initiative!" - Gintoki Sakata
Jun 30, 2012 9:18 PM
Dec 2010
Reminds me of Rubick from Dota2. Such an epic steal right there.
Jun 30, 2012 9:18 PM
Mar 2011
I was hooked by the first 2 minutes i hope its nice and lengthy i will be PISSED if it ends up being a twelver, also that scene with all the swords reminds me of gilgameshes gate of babelon from f/n and f/z or am i wrong in my impression? plus its HAREM, im a harem junky school comedies ar efine but its even better when it has magic, adventure, and bass ass fight scenes im watching this till the end. also it seems they did what they did with hyoka ryoran samurai girls, where they aired it before the set date, altho in this animes case we only have to wait about a week where as with the ryoran girls i had to wait about 3 haha. 10/10
Jun 30, 2012 9:31 PM
Apr 2011
Vizi_Reality said:
that was a good episode
But there are still some part that are confusing
I think I will enjoy this :)

I agree but as far as first episodes go i think they got it perfect, i don't mind being left abit confused solong as they explain it and since the MC doesn't even know whats going on himself we should get a explaination when he does.

I have to admit the protagonist made a epic steal when he took the golden sword. I can't wait to see what happens from here and its rare to find a protagonist that smiles in the middle of a battle.
reallybigshrimpJun 30, 2012 9:40 PM
Jun 30, 2012 9:32 PM

Jan 2012
Loved this episode though we'll have to wait almost two weeks for the next. I hope it's 24 eps but most likely it's 12. Hope that this turns out to be a great series.
❑ Single
❑ Taken
✔ Mentally dating a character that doesn't actually exist
Jun 30, 2012 9:33 PM

Apr 2012
This anime could either be really mediocre or pretty good.
Can't really tell from the first episode. I haven't watched a good fantasy/magic series in a long time so I might stay for the ride. Mythology is a plus and the main character is archer class? XD unlimited blade worksss

Jun 30, 2012 9:36 PM

Sep 2011
Wasn't this supposed to air on July 6th?
Jun 30, 2012 9:38 PM

Nov 2011
Tyrel said:

Preview airing episode on Nico Nico.
Jun 30, 2012 9:40 PM

Sep 2011
Stark700 said:
Tyrel said:

Preview airing episode on Nico Nico.

Ah thats why I see xD. I was able to find subs, but I'll wait until someone subs it :/. Show looks very promising since I like these types of shows.
Jun 30, 2012 9:48 PM

Jan 2009
Ending reminds me of a mix of Gilgamesh's gate of Babylon and Archer's Unlimited Blade Works

Jun 30, 2012 9:54 PM

Apr 2009
so basically, the protagonist happened to become Campione because some cocky god wanted to have an entertaining fight by reviving other gods and making himself one incarnation weaker and give that to a potential human warrior? well, too bad he gets defeated and this human takes the glory.. ok.. fair enough.. but i don't like the way how everything started from that for this show..

also, since the novel readers claim that this show started out in the 3rd volume and with that kind of pacing, i can see that this show is most likely going to be only 1-cour.. i also don't think Diomedea has enough budget for 2-cour based on the latest shows that they've aired.. this is basically an advertisement for you to read the source material..

anyway, hawt heroines wearing red are HNNNGGGHH in my book.. and action scenes are ok.. sword spams seem to be a thing these days..

and noireo, why didn't you put most of your post in spoiler tags? now i know what action scenes to expect in detail..
argiliumJun 30, 2012 10:04 PM
Jun 30, 2012 9:58 PM

Oct 2011
As long as there's more plot than boobs, I'm in.
Jun 30, 2012 10:05 PM

Apr 2012
+ Mythology
+ Male protagonist isn't really that dense
+ His power looks awesome
+ Heroine isn't the generic Tsundere
+ Action from the first episode, made well

- None

5/5

Autocrat said:
Hitler was good, objectively.
Jun 30, 2012 10:12 PM

Dec 2011
Did he just steal both Gate of Babylon and Unlimited Blade Works?
Jun 30, 2012 10:33 PM
Oct 2010
dat unlimited blade works at the end. lol at both of them drunk XD did like the maid. this looks pretty cool
Dont bother replying to my posts in forums, dont check them afterwards.

Jun 30, 2012 10:41 PM
Jun 2012
argilium said:
so basically, the protagonist happened to become Campione because some cocky god wanted to have an entertaining fight by reviving other gods and making himself one incarnation weaker and give that to a potential human warrior? well, too bad he gets defeated and this human takes the glory.. ok.. fair enough.. but i don't like the way how everything started from that for this show..

also, since the novel readers claim that this show started out in the 3rd volume and with that kind of pacing, i can see that this show is most likely going to be only 1-cour.. i also don't think Diomedea has enough budget for 2-cour based on the latest shows that they've aired.. this is basically an advertisement for you to read the source material..

anyway, hawt heroines wearing red are HNNNGGGHH in my book.. and action scenes are ok.. sword spams seem to be a thing these days..

and noireo, why didn't you put most of your post in spoiler tags? now i know what action scenes to expect in detail..

Sorry about that, i was in a hurry and quite frustrated about this anime
BTW the right order for this LN was 3-11-1-2-4-5--to--12
Oh about 1 cour or 2 cour this could be 2cour since there are already from v5
Cramping 5volume in 1 cour is hard unless they change(ruined) it like this episode...
Never the less, if u are interested try reading it at Baka-tsuki.
The actual story is V3 is quite long and boring if u start reading from that one....but it is a good and necessary story
Jun 30, 2012 10:46 PM
Jun 2012
I'd say it is OK. I will definitely continue to watch it, but the episode seemed very rushed to me. I didn't understand some of the stuff that happened. Also, I think it was kind of quick for them to already kiss, they met like, the day before.
Jun 30, 2012 11:13 PM

Aug 2009
So this anime is like God of War and the descendant of Gilgamesh mixed together or something huh? lol...well I like war and gods in them, I hope this works out well in the end.
Jun 30, 2012 11:18 PM

May 2012
Anyone else think that the 2 main characters look allot like Ferris and Ryner of Densetsu no Yuusha no Densetsu? Anyway the anime actually looks promising so I'm gonna keep an eye on this one.
Jun 30, 2012 11:40 PM
Apr 2012
Tru3Ph03niX said:

It even introduced the characters that'll show up later

anyway how do you guys know what happens in v3 and beyond when only up until vol2 is translated?

so far not bad... will keep watching
Jul 1, 2012 12:25 AM

May 2010
Hmmm... i dont know yet. im down for the whole battle of the god thing or man vs god, just because i like greek mythology and the character design, especially the female lead, not so much of the male lead, dont like em just yet but only time will tell, maybe he will "Man up"and become bad ass he sure at the end atleast.

Overall: Female is lead is hot, War of the god, Man becoming a half god (I think), Milf Witch,Epic Battle,Pimp ass Golden Sword and a Grimoire book that kinda reminded me of Zatch Bell for some reason.

ill stick around for a while, just because of the mythology behind this anime

Till Next week i guess
Jul 1, 2012 1:06 AM

Apr 2012
TheNVS said:
Anyone else think that the 2 main characters look allot like Ferris and Ryner of Densetsu no Yuusha no Densetsu? Anyway the anime actually looks promising so I'm gonna keep an eye on this one.

yea it does
or aka legend of the legendary heroes
although legend of the legendary heroes felt a bit inconclusive i enjoyed the characters and the whole fantasy/magic feel to it. Felt like a RPG and this one has a similar atmosphere but probably a less dark atmosphere than the former.

Jul 1, 2012 1:10 AM

May 2012
Zeally said:
TheNVS said:

yea it does
although legend of the legendary heroes felt a bit inconclusive i enjoyed the characters and the whole fantasy/magic feel to it. Felt like a RPG and this one has a similar atmosphere but probably a less dark atmosphere than the former.

I agree, Densetsu no Yuusha no Densetsu or legend of the legendary heroes was a pretty awesome anime that needed a season 2. The story was amazing the dark aspect was also what made the story good. Also I just realized that not only do the main characters look alike but they act very similar as well...
Jul 1, 2012 1:38 AM

Oct 2010
TheNVS said:
Zeally said:
TheNVS said:

yea it does

I agree, Densetsu no Yuusha no Densetsu or legend of the legendary heroes was a pretty awesome anime that needed a season 2. The story was amazing the dark aspect was also what made the story good. Also I just realized that not only do the main characters look alike but they act very similar as well...

I'm still depressed there isnt a season 2. Like always quality animes with common sense main characters never does well in Japan.

Immahnoob said:
+ Mythology
+ Male protagonist isn't really that dense
+ His power looks awesome
+ Heroine isn't the generic Tsundere
+ Action from the first episode, made well

- None

5/5

I agree with everything you said. I'm so sick of some stupid lil loli or the Naruto type main character with stupid ideas.
Jul 1, 2012 1:42 AM

Nov 2011
TheNVS said:
Zeally said:
TheNVS said:

yea it does

Agreed, When I saw this as a recommendation from Legend of the Legendary Heroes I checked it out. I'd definitely say Erica and Godou remind me of Ferris and Ryner.(Only younger) Although Erica expresses herself a bit more then Ferris does but that's what makes Ferris's character so great. Wish they made a season 2 loved the show damn whoever animated The Legend of the Legendary Heroes and leaving the ending so open and no season 2!!!! T_T

Anyways it was a good episode sexy sexy sexy girls, a plot built upon Gods, but the fights felt a bit mediocre. Not really much fighting though in this episode(The fights felt a bit one-sided) so will have to wait for more of those. I can only imagine how they will build upon the story(haven't read the light novels) so this could either build from decent to better and better or worse. Just got to wait and find out!
Touch me, you filthy casual~
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Campione!: Matsurowanu Kamigami to Kamigoroshi no Maou Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 28, 2012

171 by Toolbot »»
Apr 21, 5:17 AM

Poll: » Campione!: Matsurowanu Kamigami to Kamigoroshi no Maou Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 21, 2012

205 by Vindicater »»
Apr 17, 5:35 PM

Poll: » Campione!: Matsurowanu Kamigami to Kamigoroshi no Maou Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 14, 2012

82 by Vindicater »»
Apr 15, 5:44 PM

Poll: » Campione!: Matsurowanu Kamigami to Kamigoroshi no Maou Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 31, 2012

79 by Vindicater »»
Apr 9, 10:10 PM

Poll: » Campione!: Matsurowanu Kamigami to Kamigoroshi no Maou Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 24, 2012

91 by Vindicater »»
Apr 9, 1:47 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.