Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Accel World (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
May 18, 2012 9:07 AM

Oct 2010
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Oh wow right away I can say the fight was OVER 9000! In fact there are no words to even describe the adrenaline rush I had along with orgasmic superior excitement it provided compared to the manga. There is one pic to tell it all and it’s Haruyuki in the following,

OMG that was insane! BEST MOVE OF 2012! Truly a spectacular attack combining flames, speed, sheer diving and most of all a piercing effect that I am sure can go through any defense no matter what.

The end leaves a lot to desire in terms of Kurrent and her ability. Which brings me to I HATE MEMORY WIPERS! Don’t take it bad, I hate that ability. The other kind would be vampires and a reason why I hate them but as to why all the race. That’s another story to tell. Might edit later.

About the beginning,starts out pretty nicely with the Kendo competition and Chiyu coming to see Taku. While being shocked in the spoiler
of what really happened. While the confrontation at take 1, take 2 and take 3 between Taku and Hime starts out. Indeed it leaves a lot already getting excited about.

About Haruyuki and Aqua, while it was quite fun to see Haruyuki with Aqua interacting in the spoiler
the end when he looks and when Aqua looks at him, THOSE EYES! Now that is one scary look.

About Aqua’s Observer Avatar, I ROFL so hard in the manga and even more in the anime at it in the spoiler
A FERRET!? O_O AHAHHAHAHAH! That’s how I felt. It is cute though. The pig and ferret would be cute to watch interact but alas Hime would be mad and I would punch Haruyuki for making her cry over this so no way it’s going to happen. Some names in the spoiler are weird. Sand Duct, Blood Love and Mudder Ball. ???? ROFL! Some have some weird Pokemon reference.

Now while the fight starts the court gets split into 2. Hime VS Taku and the main fight of Aqua/Silver Crow VS Sand Duct/Nickel Doll.

About the fight of Aqua/Silver Crow VS Sand Duct/Nickel Doll, while the manga was excellent in the words I use of my experience are never going to express the real feelings whom I have outlined in my first part on the top. Truly exciting. When Aqua came in the spoiler
holy crap! THAT ARMOR! So well done with SFX. That’s the first thing that really caught me glued to the screen. While the first intro of the opponents here was nice. They looked weird. I was thinking The beast and beauty. More of the “Big Golem/Small Girl. Bear in mind that the loli here is extremely deceiving as ever. In fact so much that Haruyuki gets PUNKED in the spoiler
he got tricked so easy, it’s insane. He was lucky that his properties cite that he is resistant to all this. Haruyuki taking flight and landing a nice blow in the spoiler
made quite the splash around. Lucky the Nickel Doll evaded. Else she would toast!

So while our team observes their opponent, they plan out something of the most newest proportions and excitement. Well despite the long talk in the spoiler
and the attack by Sand Duct whom was exciting, the interesting part was seeing the most of Aqua. Her armor is amazing! WOW, like I said no words can express the excitement of all this. In fact Sand’s attack DID SHIT to Aqua! I ROFL so bad at how amazing the armor is. However it leads out only to the insanity that is to come. Presenting the only and first DUO COMBO ATTACK! in the spoiler
combining sand and electricity. You have a uttermost nasty storm brew of electricity. Rather crazy but exciting once more. Well obviously it ends in them winning. Most likely cause during the brew up Aqua saved Haruyuki since her armor is immune to a lot of things.

About Hime VS Taku, now that was more torture for Taku and drama for me. Let’s start with how Taku is begging here and Hime is clearly superior here. Taku really did a stupid thing in the spoiler
showing a attack to her is not a good thing but it had to be done for action/drama. In thee end Hime got Taku in the spoiler
but what a nice blade exchange and spark flying around! Now that was amazing! It’s obvious this resulted a total change in Taku.

About the aftermath of the fight Aqua’s side, it was to see the positive after the win in the spoiler
both Aqua and Haruyuki are very happy and so am I for Haruyuki in winning along with his excellent display of moves. However shit hits the fans when Haruyuki gets transported and in fact Aqua tells him a extra payment to make. However make no mistake for what happens in the spoiler
is of the outermost disturbing, dangerous and most threatening to anyone in the world.
That of MEMORY WIPE! In the following,

Along with the spoiler
Aqua is the ONLY one that can do this so far in the manga.
Did I said I HATE them? Well their ability really. I hate memory wipe! Memories are precious to us. The bad ones too but they make us realize mistakes never to be done. Forgetting it only putting a plaster on them. Anyway yeah Aqua made me fear due to that in the manga. I was like O_O seriously at the fact she can do it. In thee end Haruyuki in the spoiler
really does not remember her. In the manga he has some feelings he does but that is only because feelings are »»» Memories. Since that what composes them.

About the aftermath of Hime VS Taku, did I say it made something amazing? YES! TOTALLY YES! Look at the spoiler
Taku is with his friends again! Hime got her powers of influence with her family to make him transfer there. The sheer happiness and Hime’s pride in the spoiler
really, really got me going emotionally. No words can describe the happy emotion. But it’s really strong.

About the preview, HOLY SHIT LOLI FAN SERVICE in the spoiler
well that was not expected considering it’s beyond the manga now. I am sure not much well be shown or it shall be steamed but I want to know what exactly. Other than that I ROFL at Haruyuki’s chest there and yeah they gave him nipples. Ahahaah! Yeah they are funny too. The loli is smiling nice here and is she wearing anything here? My my, what a little ecchi loli here. So WTF or should I say WHO is this person here? No matter cause he is going to show us the effects on him of Hime’s Wrath! While I have suspicions that the loli is the red player here. Most likely like I predicted it would be in my head.

BTW Image Stitches and Pic Dumb all have been done in the BLOG:
http://ecchiking99.blogspot.ca/2012/05/gifs-of-accel-world-episode-7-cause.html
Naturally good Kurrent stuff in her armor.

I did some personal GIFs in the BLOG:
http://ecchiking99.blogspot.ca/2012/05/gifs-of-accel-world-episode-7-cause.html
As compensation for MY RAGE of my Stitches program not working.
Yumekichi11May 19, 2012 2:34 PM

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
May 18, 2012 9:15 AM

Nov 2011
Hmm, I wonder when he'll reach level 9 at this rate.

Get ready for a big ass duel:

Picking up previously...

Current's avatar:

Their opponents:

A great episode overall.

Stark700May 18, 2012 2:06 PM
May 18, 2012 9:22 AM

Dec 2010
LOL that flaming kick was hilarious. It was of epic proportions.

May 18, 2012 11:58 AM

Nov 2007
Both Taku, who quitted kendo, and Haru has hard time with their battles.

Taku wanted to quit this burst link world to make up his crime, and Haru is experiencing tag battle for the first time with the one time helper, Karen (risu and watery rabbit). The opponent pair are higher level then them, power using both hands (electricity and air). Karen protected Haru with her water body.

Kuroyukihime's battle against Taku is to make him realize the trust Haru, who is thinking of Taku while tag battle, (and the childhood girl) has on him.

Then later Karen challenged Haru. After what he said about trust, she didn't finish him after all, but took the memory with her.

After the battle against Kuroyukihime, Taku decided to transferred to their school and with glasses. Intense conversation between Kuroyukihime and Taku, who has crimes.

The beginning of ED thought it had special ED or something, but it was part of the usual ED.

Next ep... that twin tail girl appears.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
May 18, 2012 12:34 PM

Jul 2010
Memory wipe eh? Yeah, it's just too convenient to have the ability to erase memories.

Overall, pretty good episode.
May 18, 2012 1:34 PM

Aug 2011
Nice ep!

Does anyone know who's the voice actor of Aqua Current?
After I watched this episode I'm thinking that Ueda Kana is the VA..
May 18, 2012 2:07 PM

Nov 2011
DaisyDuck3008 said:
Nice ep!

Does anyone know who's the voice actor of Aqua Current?
After I watched this episode I'm thinking that Ueda Kana is the VA..

Ya, it's Kana Ueda

She also did voice acting for Sakuya Aizawa from Hayate the Combat Butler, Fumika from Shigofumi: Letters of the Departed, etc
May 18, 2012 2:19 PM

Jan 2011
Yumekichi11 said:
A FERRET!? O_O AHAHHAHAHAH! That’s how I felt. It is cute though.

I thought it was an otter rather than a ferret--which would fit in more with the water motif for Aqua Current. Of course her expertise in "ferreting" out information would probably justify the other interpretation as well. A close look at the paws would probably reveal which it is.

Maybe we'll really be lucky and she'll turn out to be a memory wiping vampire (sorry Yumekichi...)...
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

May 18, 2012 2:19 PM

Dec 2010
Good episode overall; Taku joining the team officially; Haru learning better teamwork; Hime getting her strength back bit by bit and Current turned out interesting, seems like a red head loli is being introduced next episode, should be interesting.
May 18, 2012 2:21 PM

Sep 2011
Good episode,Aqua flow!!

Episode full of actions in both fronts!!

First Taku vs Hime,Taku trying to quit not only the kendo club also Bust Link to pay for all he is done....i must say Hime was great this episode to make him realize what important he is for Haru.

Second we have Aqua Current/Haru fight,Aqua "Avatar" must say its pretty awesome!! the effects they used is pretty nice!!
Haru was good this fight,also....FALCON KICK!!!

He was doing good until he got tricked easily by them...but Aqua saved his ass,water that is immune to electricity....NOT BAD!!

Then we got Haru greatest quality(or weakness)his trust...he telling her about the trust he has not only for Taku but to her was what make her stop from fighting her....then we got a memory wipe ability!! That will be useful in real life.....

At the end Taku transferred to the school and seems they are all now friends...HAPPY ENDING!!
.....for now.....

Next episode we got LOLI TEMPTATION....I ALREADY FALL TO IT... DAMN!!!!

BTW...Aqua animal form is...CUTE!!!

GIFS and more on the Club!!:http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=443239&show=0#post1
raxius1230May 18, 2012 7:15 PM
May 18, 2012 2:48 PM

Oct 2010
rodac said:
Yumekichi11 said:

I thought it was an otter rather than a ferret--which would fit in more with the water motif for Aqua Current. Of course her expertise in "ferreting" out information would probably justify the other interpretation as well. A close look at the paws would probably reveal which it is.

Maybe we'll really be lucky and she'll turn out to be a memory wiping vampire (sorry Yumekichi...)...
No way, she is human aright. A vampire persona would not turn out good on her less they make the magical red eyes like Saya has from Blood-C.

May 18, 2012 3:39 PM

Dec 2011
This ep was kinda boring. Boring opponents and Kuro was beating the shit out of Taku. Im excited for the loli fanservice next week.
May 18, 2012 3:42 PM

Feb 2008
It was pretty good this episode :)

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

May 18, 2012 3:57 PM

Mar 2012
There's only one thing that needs to be said after seeing Haru's attack...

May 18, 2012 4:41 PM
Jul 2018
http://animuthoughts.blogspot.com/2012/05/accel-world-episode-7.html
^thoughts and stuff here.

TFS Piccolo should teach some of these fools how to DODGE! that kick. :P. I mean the set up requires Haru to fly up high so gravity will do its trick :O.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vfg5d2w0Iao <like this!
May 18, 2012 4:56 PM

Jun 2011
That poster behind Haru in the cafe.
Advertisement of Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei throughout the entire episode.
ShihMay 18, 2012 5:02 PM
May 18, 2012 4:58 PM

May 2008
Very nice action packed episode with 2 duels.

-START-

Black lotus vs. Cyan Pile Nice!

Aqua Current has a cute lil avatar with those cute glasses just as cute as Haruyuki in his cute piggy avi. Also soo cool of an avatar in the world of buster link.

Dive attack was awesome.

Great tag team battle.

So Haruyuki theme song should be Dont stop believing - Journey lol

:O cool a new power Memory Leak.

I am glad Taku is actually sorry of what he did and trying to make it up to his friends soo now they are all in the same school. Nice.

-End-

So everything is back to normal again, yes.

BeautifulVioletMay 19, 2012 2:10 PM
May 18, 2012 5:08 PM

May 2011
Oh yeah, the fight is FREAKING AWESOME!!
May 18, 2012 5:59 PM
Mar 2012
Meh the biggest problem is all the damn talking. I want to see more fighting not cheesy dialogue. Although I get the dialogue is trying to add some development to characters it is done way too much and the script is really cheesy.
ValkamaMay 18, 2012 6:10 PM
May 18, 2012 7:02 PM

Aug 2010
I liked the tag match, but the match between Taku and Hime was kind of meh. Of course, the point of that match was the dialogue.
May 18, 2012 7:35 PM

Oct 2009
The script and animation were both ... REALLY awkward. As much as I love the novels and the series, the past few eps were quite a let down.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 18, 2012 8:08 PM

Oct 2008
Is it me or the last few episodes have been going downhill? Not that they're bad, but compared to the first 3 or 4 episodes they're lacking something
May 18, 2012 8:39 PM

Jan 2010
Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei <---- Someone tell me if it's going to be anime.
Sunrise pls DO IT! DO IT! LITTLE TEASER ***
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 18, 2012 9:46 PM

Feb 2012
Needs more Hime and Haru together. Still loved it though. I'm so into this show at this point that I'm gonna love every episode, regardless. Yeah, the dialogue is super cheesy, but it's a shounen xD This certainly wasn't the best episode so far, but now that Taku is okay and Haru has points, everything should be all good. Can't get tired of seeing Haru fight though - seems like it's been a million years since he was struggling against that idiot on the motorcycle.

"In both love and octopus-hunting, you have to take the initiative!" - Gintoki Sakata
May 18, 2012 9:48 PM
Mar 2011
Fights are a tad corny for both, but I like how they added subplots that are absent in the manga. This series, which prioritizes friendship, effort, and victory, should have its manga be included in Shonen Jump lol
May 18, 2012 10:22 PM
Oct 2010
rodac said:
Yumekichi11 said:
Her avatar is definitely an otter, no need to look at the paws...

... it's sad I have nothing more to comment on, oh well...
"Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain"
Friedrich Schiller
May 18, 2012 10:22 PM
Jun 2008
Seems like the aqua girl replace the author for those explanation lol

I wonder what is Taku's school avatar.I am kinda curious for this since Karen is a Ferret and Haru is a bit pig... Taku should have an avatar as well >.<"
May 18, 2012 10:39 PM

Jan 2009
good episode i love the dialogues on this episode
May 18, 2012 11:07 PM

Oct 2010
Ajunky said:
rodac said:
Yumekichi11 said:
Her avatar is definitely an otter, no need to look at the paws...

... it's sad I have nothing more to comment on, oh well...
According to here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Otter
it does have a resemblance but her face looks a little like a ferret one. Albeit it could be a mix of both otter and ferret.

May 18, 2012 11:36 PM

Jul 2010
TravSavage said:
There's only one thing that needs to be said after seeing Haru's attack...

May 19, 2012 12:11 AM

Feb 2010
The fights were epic... but the dialogue was pretty derpy.
May 19, 2012 12:38 AM

May 2010
Was a really great episode it just made me *facepalm* alot, Haruyuki is one dumb S.o.b sometime,

and i guess Karen is a special elements of some kind wonder what role she will play in coming episodes and one of the sickest Avatar of all time

Taku is now at their school hmm? i just leave it at that

5/5
May 19, 2012 12:42 AM

May 2011
Matheine said:
Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei <---- Someone tell me if it's going to be anime.
Sunrise pls DO IT! DO IT! LITTLE TEASER ***
Please please please please please let there be an anime for it.

The fights were really well done, I liked it a lot. Karen's avatar looks so cool and the effects it had was real nice. She's a pretty good char, and I am assuming she's going to appear again later based on what she said, gunna be looking forward to that.

So Taku didn't really have any bad intention and Kuroyukihime was just teaching him a lesson since she's gone through it all before. And now he decides to switch schools, ftw now the 4 main characters are all together.

Next episode looks fantastic, hell yeah there's going to be a new cute loli girl. Haha I can't wait to see Kuroyukihime's reaction when she finds out about her as well.
May 19, 2012 1:00 AM

Aug 2010
I don't even know whether I should take this show seriously, or treat it as a parody. It's so freaking corny that I'm alternating between facepalming and laughing. 3/5.
May 19, 2012 1:17 AM

Jan 2012
Great episode. It's great to see them now all together on one school :) The fights where nice and the next episode seems a lot of fun!
May 19, 2012 1:20 AM

Mar 2009
Did I really need a science lesson? -_-'

Anyway, meh episode. I'm getting bored of this. The characters aren't very interesting.
May 19, 2012 1:24 AM

Jun 2010
I really hate Haruyuki. His lines are too pathetic.

Not much Kuroyukihime this episode :( I bet Aqua Current was also a part of the Black Legion.. Btw they didn't exactly emphasize that Aqua Current's gender was unknown. Next episode will be Hime's Loli Friend!!
May 19, 2012 1:52 AM

Jan 2011
Nice episode, I really liked to see them all fighting.
Next episode another girl gets introduced, I'm hoping Kuroyukihime will get mad at Haruyuki, always a fun thing to see. x)
Looking forward to the next episode.
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
May 19, 2012 2:32 AM
Feb 2012
Great way to start off my Saturday.

Basically this week's episode had everything I expected plus even more. There was the fight between Taku and Kuroyukihime- combined with effective little speeches from the latter-, Haru tag-teaming with Karen and it, the episode, having a peaceful ending *and* a kickass preview.
Speaking of the tag match - it was actually pretty cool to see the basics behind those matches and what's important in order to be successful. It also showed us that levels sometimes don't mean shit since having a superior tactic and the momentum can be enough to make you leave the arena as a winner.
Also, Karen is ridiculously mysterious in my opinion. A Duel Avatar consisting of nearly pure water, a technique that makes you lose your memories and a, what it seems to be, tragic/sad past. Yeah, we'll see her again; so much is clear.

Regarding the above-mentioned preview- it looks like the red king will make an appearance. We saw the red-haired girl in the preview, we also saw her Duel Avatar (with the gigantic cannon thing) alongside the other kings in the preview and we saw both of those things in next week's episode. Just count two and two together and it's fairly apparent. And what's that? Seems like she has taken a liking to Haru, the only Duel Avatar being able of aviation. Nothing too surprising. Anyway, 5/5 of course
The release of atomic energy has not created a new problem. It has merely made more urgent the necessity of solving an existing one. - Albert Einstein
May 19, 2012 3:43 AM

May 2010
Haru jsut learn a new move....KAMEN RIDER KICK !!!
May 19, 2012 3:43 AM

Mar 2010
Am I the only one who thinks that Aqua Current's Battle Avatar looks like Drossel from Fireball? lol

【私の夢しかありません。】 | | | | | | |
May 19, 2012 4:17 AM

Sep 2011
Nice episode. I guess my prediction about haru doing something (Betraying) again was wrong. That mind erase from the girl was pretty interesting.. I wonder how she did that and as a level 1.
May 19, 2012 5:23 AM
Jul 2018
Too many cliched dialogues during battles -1
Haru always wins -1
3/5

and wtf is with the semi-naked loli in the next episode preview
May 19, 2012 6:16 AM

Apr 2012
edwd2 said:
Too many cliched dialogues during battles -1
Haru always wins -1
3/5

and wtf is with the semi-naked loli in the next episode preview

Wow, I hate people like you that just state everything is a goddamn cliche, check the age of Accel World, it's 13+. If these "cliched" dialogues wouldn't be here, there would be no development at all either.

I semi-agree with Haru always wins, he doesn't always win tho, Aqua Current said that he has a 70% win ratio, which means 30% of his games are lost, problem is they never showed us the games he lost.

So in the end you're still an idiot.

Autocrat said:
Hitler was good, objectively.
May 19, 2012 6:29 AM

Jan 2012
Nice episode, i enjoyed that tag team match. Awesome flaming kick.

May 19, 2012 6:44 AM

Jun 2011
Wow i think they did a really crap job or animating Haru x Aqua vs Sand Duct x Nickel Doll. The whole time i was watching it i kept sitting there thinking to myself that it was a hell of alot better when i read it in the manga. So after i finished the episode i went through the chapter again and i think the manga fight was alot better.

It seems to me they pretty much half assed both Kuroyukihime x Taku and also Haru x Aquas fights, they split the attention doing both at the same time and it ended up with both ending up sub par with them both really lacking. So far that Taku vs kuroyukihime was not in the manga but it very well may be in the next chapter or something, but trying to do both in 1 episode did not pay off.
Othinus
Touma
Pairing

http://hestia.dance/
May 19, 2012 6:57 AM

Mar 2012
Still one of the worst shows this season, slowest fucking shit there is. I'm hating everything about it at this point... almost unwatchable, haru is still the biggest fucking wuss ever and all he got is melo drama. I'm probably the only one that hates this show since everyone else loves it for no apparent reason, it got nothing good, the chars suck, the "story" is un-original, it's slow as hell and it looks like shit no matter how you fucking look at it. Then again, this is my opinion and i fucking hate it... come at me fanboys
May 19, 2012 7:02 AM
Jun 2008
D2Synua said:
come at me fanboys
Its very hard to come at you since by looking at your profile. I can see that you like teenager or older Anime.I think you just hate this genre . ='P
May 19, 2012 7:23 AM

Apr 2012
Cheesy shounen speeches that try to develop the characters in the most shallow, predictable way possible interspersed with some action. I guess that would be okay if the action were more polished, but it's not. The action is pretty average and doesn't do anything to move me. Plus Haru's kick is a retarded attack. No, effective combat move would ever take that long to set up and execute. Not only that but I would expect it to be much for flashy if I'm going to ignore the long set up time then give me something worth the wait, not a lame flying kick.

The dialogue and characters are just painfully cliched. Instead of using shounen tropes as bases to create unique characters this show is content to leave it's characters as walking cliches. It's sad really because the show has an interesting concept but the execution makes it painfully average.
May 19, 2012 7:25 AM

Mar 2012
MorningGlory said:
D2Synua said:
come at me fanboys
Its very hard to come at you since by looking at your profile. I can see that you like teenager or older Anime.I think you just hate this genre . ='P

So you totally ignored all those deeper shows i've watched? Dumb fuck, but i guess that that's what you are if you enjoy AW...
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Accel World Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yumekichi11 - Sep 21, 2012

453 by Orin23 »»
Feb 20, 4:14 AM

» The episodes 16 to half of 24, gave me an anguish & pissed off reaction

Kiryotsu - Feb 3

3 by Eckl3 »»
Feb 4, 11:46 AM

Poll: » Accel World Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Yumekichi11 - Sep 14, 2012

185 by JustMonaka »»
Jan 11, 10:53 AM

Poll: » Accel World Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 20, 2012

223 by JustMonaka »»
Jan 10, 5:05 AM

Poll: » Accel World Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Yumekichi11 - Jul 13, 2012

178 by JustMonaka »»
Jan 10, 4:27 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.