Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Apr 12, 2012 12:31 PM

Oct 2010
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------

Pretty good first episode TBH. As the title involves it was about bread. One thing bread can do is save cute things. Animals of supernatural value such as the little furball in the following spoiler
those creatures a like as long it ain’t shit stink BS Kyuubey kind. That being said I have high expectation from this series:
http://myanimelist.net/anime/445/Tales_of_Eternia
To be integrated into this one.
If they put fan service I WILL NOT LIKE! I have like over 5 shows that do that so please NO. Other than that in terms of the girls I get to own and add to my own Realm:

About Airy Ardet, yeah I choose her first in the following,

Plains and simple blond hair and blue eyes.

About Amil Manaflare, she would be my second choice. Based on her different appearances in the spoiler
it’;s due to her dress, hair/style and in general her appearance along with her character.

About the Elf with the white head wings, her in the following,

Along with in the spoiler
is my #2 after is Airy at #3. I totally digging her dress and style. Mainly her bodies appearance.

Loved the girls sleeping in the spoiler
that was some nice show.

That being said the episode was more intro than anything. That’s normal. However it better pic up shit in the next episode. Being familiar with the game, it with time got better. However unless you start a plot with action and villains this series will not go anywhere. And so I hope for something more next episode.

Art and style are TOP NOTCH! Very well done IMO. I could start to drool on the art but will hold myself out. It really is gorgeous though. Might edit later.

BTW End Image in the spoiler
is a nice group one.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Apr 12, 2012 12:33 PM

Jan 2008
Watching cuz Tony Taka.
Apr 12, 2012 2:31 PM

Nov 2008
I've played the game Yume, no Kyubey characters in it. You won't like Rouna, her outfit is practically fanservice.

I'll take Amil since I chose her in the game.

This anime makes me yearn to go back to work at a bakery like I did near the end of undergrad school.

Rick's harem just drags him out of bed lol

I hope there's a little action in this too.

4.9/5

9.1/10

Apr 12, 2012 2:51 PM

Oct 2010
Hoppy said:
I've played the game Yume, no Kyubey characters in it. You won't like Rouna, her outfit is practically fanservice.
Oh that's yummy but full blown details like in Manyuu or stuff like that, is what I meant more. There were some in the series I refer but it was all cool. HECK! Even Tales of the Abyss had some in outfits.

Apr 12, 2012 3:00 PM

Nov 2008
Yumekichi11 said:
Hoppy said:
Oh that's yummy but full blown details like in Manyuu or stuff like that, is what I meant more. There were some in the series I refer but it was all cool. HECK! Even Tales of the Abyss had some in outfits.

I doubt there will be any borderline H content, the game itself is B rated (12+).

This should also be classified as a harem, there are more girls that flirt with the main.

Apr 12, 2012 3:16 PM

Oct 2010
Hoppy said:
Yumekichi11 said:
Hoppy said:

I doubt there will be any borderline H content, the game itself is B rated (12+).

This should also be classified as a harem, there are more girls that flirt with the main.
Oh OK, I was not aware except that some games from this franchise were mature. I could be wrong, well then this should be fun. Grabbing some girls from this series for myself. Muahhaha, I fear not! For I know the MOE Force is strong with us Hoppy of the Anime Council, right? In fact I think it outboasts any ecchi TBH. I was just worried of the future outcomes from this series. Thanks for info.

Apr 12, 2012 3:41 PM

Nov 2008
Yumekichi11 said:
Hoppy said:
Yumekichi11 said:
Hoppy said:

Oh OK, I was not aware except that some games from this franchise were mature. I could be wrong, well then this should be fun. Grabbing some girls from this series for myself. Muahhaha, I fear not! For I know the MOE Force is strong with us Hoppy of the Anime Council, right? In fact I think it outboasts any ecchi TBH. I was just worried of the future outcomes from this series. Thanks for info.

This will be a diabetes inducing series end of story, This anime will ruin some viewers diet for sure due to all that bread. According to dietians, bread is bad for you, according to this anime, bread makes you happy and saves lives and in the game.................

Apr 12, 2012 5:27 PM

Nov 2011
Haven't seen episode 1 yet but I might check this out as it looks interesting.

~will check out if I read a good review.
Apr 12, 2012 6:13 PM

Nov 2008
Gawd that was dull... That was like a dull opening for a dull game... And yes, I know it is based upon a game, but give me a break - couldn't they come up with anything beyond derivative fluff?

What this needed was a nasty sense of humor - like having the Kyube thing turn into a tentacle monster after eating the bread.

Life's too short - dropped.
Apr 12, 2012 9:43 PM

Nov 2007
The best anime about bread this season (like there is any other). If bread makes anyone happy, then let me tell you this straight,
THIS ANIME IS FOR YOU!

Let me be honest here jokes aside. The only thing that is good about this anime is probably the smiling faces. And the second thing is despite being generic to probably down to their underwear, which I am confident about having Pans instead of Usagi-chan or Kuma-san printed on them (at least I am glad they are not going the ecchi route), the girls are lovely.

The fact that the male protagonist Rick Elwood is voiced by Kamiya Hiroshi doesn't help or change the fact that this has been the worst first episode of this season, at least of the shows I have followed.

3/5
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Apr 12, 2012 10:00 PM

Nov 2007
Did HiroC voice two characters? I feel like both Rick and that Elf brother (Alvie) sounds the same. (Edit: thought so, the credit has two names for him)

I wasn't planning on watching this, but ep.1 looks nice. It might be good if you're depressed.
tsubasaloverApr 12, 2012 10:04 PM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Apr 13, 2012 3:38 AM

Feb 2011
Any sub guys?
Apr 13, 2012 4:17 AM

Aug 2008
Venneria said:
Any sub guys?
Haven't seen one. But there should be some groups doing it soon.
Apr 13, 2012 5:26 AM

Jul 2011
KaitoDash said:
Venneria said:
Any sub guys?
Haven't seen one. But there should be some groups doing it soon.

Hadena has done it
Apr 13, 2012 6:29 AM

Jun 2010
Well, Kuwashima Houko was in it so it was worth watching for me.
Apr 13, 2012 6:40 AM

Jan 2010
Was pretty interesting.
Now give me an Atelier Totori Anime with Kishida Mel's delicious artworks.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 13, 2012 6:41 AM

Sep 2011
I havent really played the game so can anyone do a spoiler tag and explain the jist, besides the revival of the girls memory?
Apr 13, 2012 7:55 AM
Sep 2011
How... underwhelming.
There was nothing in this episode that interested me in the slightest, neither characters nor setting. The art looks pretty generic just like the character design. The dialogue is uninspired and the character interactions rather dull. So far it seems like a standard fantasy anime aside the little twist concerning bread baking.
Apr 13, 2012 9:23 AM
Apr 2009
Is this really an action show like it's tagged as on the MAL page? There was 0 action in the entire episode; it just looks like a boring SoL about boring people baking and selling bread.
Apr 13, 2012 10:40 AM

Sep 2011
dkrdude3 said:
Is this really an action show like it's tagged as on the MAL page? There was 0 action in the entire episode; it just looks like a boring SoL about boring people baking and selling bread.

It was like the first episode, let it build up....

The first episode doesn't always have to be actionpacked, super good whatever aslong the shows stays enjoyable and keeps good pacing.
Apr 13, 2012 10:56 AM
Apr 2009
Every good action series ever has at least some action in the first episode. Every single one.
Apr 13, 2012 11:26 AM

Dec 2008
i couldnt stop laughing this whole episode after having read the review that was up for this yesterday.

ricks bread is like crack to these people
Apr 13, 2012 12:09 PM

Oct 2010
Man, people are as always quick to judge and rate the show solely on the first episode. There will be action, wait for it.

I pretty much liked it. They slowly showed the setting and the characters, with main being a pretty neat guy with a FREAKING bake skills. How cool is that.

It's refreshing to see a show like this. I personally had enough of high-school ecchi harem shows. Some decent anime with fantasy setting is awesome to see.
Apr 13, 2012 12:31 PM

Oct 2010
The show might not had action but it was at least entertaining.

Is this series or world anyhow related to Shining Tears X Wind?

Will they have any action in this series? So far i like the world.
Apr 13, 2012 12:47 PM

Oct 2010
^ If it fallows the events of the game, then yes, there will be story, more characters and action.
Apr 13, 2012 12:53 PM
Oct 2010
LOL at the quick judgements... Personally I don't see what's so wrong to make people flee so fast, but whatever... In fact I think it was nice, though with a bit of a slow start. Still, it's too soon to judge if you ask me.
"Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain"
Friedrich Schiller
Apr 13, 2012 1:04 PM
Feb 2012
Awesome. Lovin' it. <3
The release of atomic energy has not created a new problem. It has merely made more urgent the necessity of solving an existing one. - Albert Einstein
Apr 13, 2012 1:09 PM

May 2010
i didnt expect this anime to be this enjoyable at all.

4/5
Apr 13, 2012 1:25 PM

Sep 2007
Why hasn't Rick boned all these girls yet? They seem to be all over his dick. First episode wasn't all that impressive. Everybody seemed way too fucking happy.
Apr 13, 2012 1:44 PM

Jan 2008
I am confused. The elf girl named Rana just looks exactly the same as Elwing from Shining Wind/Tears. Are they the same person?
Apr 13, 2012 1:46 PM
Feb 2011
At first i watched it because of Tony and diden't exept much, but i realy came to like it. This show is really go and has kinda the same feeling as Spice and Wolf.
Apr 13, 2012 1:54 PM

Aug 2011
No. This was horrible. I could literally feel my brain cells disappearing. Do not want. Only good thing about it was the Elf woman.
Apr 13, 2012 2:27 PM

Nov 2008
Wasabi said:
Why hasn't Rick boned all these girls yet? They seem to be all over his dick. First episode wasn't all that impressive. Everybody seemed way too fucking happy.

Just wait til Kaguya comes then the action and plot will begin, I believe it will be either 2nd or the 3rd ep when she appears.

Apr 13, 2012 2:31 PM
Jul 2018
Liked the character designs, but the characters themselves were pretty bland. Overall, a fairly dull episode, though I've heard the game gets more exciting, so I'll give this series another chance.
Apr 13, 2012 2:34 PM
Feb 2011
Well this was boring. Felt to much like Shukufuku no Campanella. Everyone's so good, so happy, so boring... But still gonna try watching few more episodes, maybe when the last character, that's listed as main, will appear, it will be more interesting.
Apr 13, 2012 2:36 PM

Oct 2007
i loved how they included all of the BGMs from the game in here. Also, DAT ED theme.
Apr 13, 2012 2:37 PM

Oct 2007
Zhao_Yun said:
I am confused. The elf girl named Rana just looks exactly the same as Elwing from Shining Wind/Tears. Are they the same person?

No, they are two different people. Though they do look crazy similar. I believe Shining Hearts takes place way after the events of Shining TearsxWind.
Apr 13, 2012 2:38 PM

Sep 2011
Not bad,not bad at all was kinda slow but its first episode,besides that the characters are not bad also the 3 girls are cute,also seems later on the action will start so be patience people.

Also seeing him bake bread remember of that time i try to do it....yep baking bread is not my thing -.-

Still will look for next episode and see how it goes if no...well its a relaxing anime so why not???
Apr 13, 2012 2:57 PM

Dec 2009
How is it possible for a bread shop to be so successful man. The dude was a swordsman first, not a baker. He's gotta be putting some drugs in them, how else would he improve so quickly. o.o

Apr 13, 2012 2:59 PM

Jul 2011
KAMIYA HIROSHI <3

Kind of boring. Decent episode, atleast it has some plot occurrence.

Wtf happen to my awesome PSP opening/trailer?? D:
(I know it's not for the anime, but still...) OTL

Opening was mediocre, ending was lame.

Everyone's so happy...

3/5
Apr 13, 2012 3:00 PM

Jan 2011
It's so beautiful and heartwarming that I desire not only the girls but also their bread (~_~)
Apr 13, 2012 3:01 PM
Jul 2011
ahhh shiawase~

I've played the PSP game, and have some high expectations for this.

5/5
Apr 13, 2012 3:06 PM
Jun 2011
I swear what kind of drugs are he putting in the bread ._____________.

Anyway seems lighthearted whihc is my type of anime, so ill continue to follow this

Edit: Oh yeah to whoever wrote the review that was deleted, props to you, it was epic
Apr 13, 2012 3:09 PM
Jun 2011
Engix said:
I swear what kind of drugs are he putting in the bread ._____________.

I always wonder about that too, but at the same time what if it's something else besides drug?
The opening and the ending is alright, let's just see how the next episode goes.
Apr 13, 2012 3:16 PM
Dec 2007
Crappy harem is crappy.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Apr 13, 2012 3:27 PM
Mar 2012
dfsafsaf said:
Well this was boring. Felt to much like Shukufuku no Campanella. Everyone's so good, so happy, so boring... But still gonna try watching few more episodes, maybe when the last character, that's listed as main, will appear, it will be more interesting.

Yeah I had this same feeling, it was kind of Shukufu no Campanella, ant kind of boring.
But still this first eps was a little better than that show, so I give it a shot.

Apr 13, 2012 3:56 PM

Jun 2009
It was kind of like Shukufuku no Campanella but 60% less cute(mostly due to T2's art which just remind you of h stuff no matter what) and it doesn't seem like it'll continue like it. I mean something is happening already and besides it's an adaptation of an rpg, so yeah.
Wasn't too bad, i can manage until peace picks up.
レッツゴー ED イケイケゴーゴー
Apr 13, 2012 4:04 PM

Jan 2011
There's just way too much sugar in that bread! Unless they spice it up a bit by the third episode (following the Madoka rule--never assume you know what a show is about until after the
in episode three), I will concentrate on the raft of better shows this season.
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Apr 13, 2012 4:10 PM

May 2010
Was Enjoyable will keep watching like the characters kinda of boring but still the 1st ep

First Ep 7/10
Apr 13, 2012 4:26 PM

Jul 2011
I don't like the openings and endings, and it seemed a bit to carefree and cheerful for me. However the art is fantastic and if it's builds up a story and action then I hope to enjoy it.

I doubt it is action though after this episode, action shows don't generally have no action in the first episode. They usually have some of the best fights in the series in the first episode to get people to watch.

I'll watch regardless.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shining Hearts: Shiawase no Pan Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Yumekichi11 - Apr 26, 2012

63 by Syureria »»
Jun 25, 2023 9:23 AM

Poll: » Shining Hearts: Shiawase no Pan Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Jun 30, 2012

77 by syncrogazer »»
May 20, 2020 7:44 AM

Poll: » Shining Hearts: Shiawase no Pan Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Yumekichi11 - Apr 19, 2012

72 by AllenVonStein »»
Jan 10, 2016 12:27 PM

Poll: » Shining Hearts: Shiawase no Pan Episode 11 Discussion

Yumekichi11 - Jun 21, 2012

41 by terrablu2003 »»
Apr 13, 2015 6:05 AM

Poll: » Shining Hearts: Shiawase no Pan Episode 10 Discussion

tsubasalover - Jun 14, 2012

32 by terrablu2003 »»
Apr 12, 2015 6:04 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.