Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jul 25, 2008 12:44 AM

Oct 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Finally the new ending theme premieres but sadly the May'n and Megumi duet OP didn't. Anyway the ED seems to foreshadow a few things... with all the Valkyrie images, the paper plane throw, kisses between Sheryl and Alto, pics of Sheryl in a flight suit. Going of the ED she's going to be a pilot and/or hook up with Alto.

As for the Ep itself...

Lol @ hime getting his ass beat by Brera, lol even more @ getting beat up by Sheryl, michael's reaction to walking in on Alto and Sheryl was lolz, as was Sheryl's way to get past SMS security. Ranka Aimo Remix was weird, trying to turn her into what Basara wouldn't be.
Jul 25, 2008 10:38 AM

Dec 2007
aimo remix!

and i love that rivalry between alto and brera

good fights

MORE!!!!!
Jul 25, 2008 5:40 PM

Jul 2008
I want to know something: why is it that everyone gets this episode fast and me not? Can you explain if at all anything can help to make torrents faster?
Oops! I appear to be incapable of following Rules 16 and 17, so I had to have a mod change my sig for me.
Jul 25, 2008 6:44 PM

Oct 2007
I watched it raw.
Jul 26, 2008 12:03 AM

Jan 2008
Great episode and nice new ED. CG is as fluent as always. I wonder what will become of Sheryl now.

"There is a road in the hearts of all of us, hidden and seldom traveled,
which leads to an unknown, secret place."
Jul 26, 2008 12:22 AM

Jul 2008
I am sorry if this was the wrong place to complain but I do really want to know if there are any tricks to torrents or maybe a web site that says tricks about them to make it faster. Anyways I just saw it and it mean I finally got it! ^_^ It was good. My predictions from the beginning were right Ranka Lee will be the next Lynn Min May! With Sheryl this time it might be different. There might be though s sub plot involving the ripples in the Fold irregularity. Anyone has a opinion about the back motives of Richard Bilrer about that he said that teh Galazy should be owned by us? That wrong. Dictatorship thinking never lead anywhere and Ranka even knows it's wrong. The emotions speak for themselves. I agree with guy about LOL when Michael walked in on Alto and Sheryl. Brera with the sunglasses looks like some guy from Armitage 3 LOL! THE REACTIONS MISSILES ARE A BLAST! I want that Grace ***** to be removed. I AM TELLING ALL THAT SHE IS GOING TO DO SOMETHING LIKE THE SAME AI DID IN MACROSS PLUS. Sorry to emphasize but the plot just seems too weird. Using Ranka just for this....is not plot like. See ya all in #17.
Oops! I appear to be incapable of following Rules 16 and 17, so I had to have a mod change my sig for me.
Jul 26, 2008 1:59 AM

Feb 2008
New ED is pretty good.

For the episode itself:
It was good! So now Ranka is going to become a military weapon eh, I doubt she'll agree doing that for very long, since she seemed to dislike the Vajra killing when she was rescued (not to mention she has some sort of relation to them).
Also, lol @ Alto being beat up by Sheryl xD
Jul 26, 2008 10:36 AM

Aug 2007
"Just like the legendary Minmay"
"That's old! You should say Basara-sama"

there's warmongering creatures and humans are attacking them without even talking... I expect a ~40y old Basara appearing shouting LISTEN TO MY SONG and shooting speakers around any time. With space whales.

Needs to fix this sometime but I'm lazy - since 11/05/2009
Jul 26, 2008 10:50 AM

Mar 2008
I enjoyed the episode but I hate when I know there is an obvious pre-Frontier reference that goes straight over my head. I'll eventually go back and watch the originals.
Jul 26, 2008 11:55 AM
May 2008
i was pretty surprised to see a 27 squadron, now i just cant figure out if Richard has his own agenda or shares it with grace and that smug guy.
Jul 26, 2008 2:10 PM

Jul 2008
The episode was pretty entertaining. I like the whole Brera vs. Alto fight about protecting Ranka. I can see Brera revealing his past to Ranka soon (I guess he's her real brother or something like that) Even though I dislike Sheryl I kind of feel sorry for her. She's a fallen star, now that Ranka is so popular. But I agree with Ranka not being too happy about being used as a 'weapon'.
Jul 26, 2008 5:04 PM

Dec 2007
Another great episode yet again. I enjoyed the fight done during the experiment and the remix of Ranka's song was pretty great. I'm pretty sure everyone loved Michael's reaction to Alto and Sheryl. Wonder what will happen to her now that she has been pretty much abandoned by Grace.

ED was great, hopefully foreshadowing some ones death :). Cant wait for episode 17, unless it turns out to be all a flashback of when Ranka was young and Ozma took her in.
Jul 26, 2008 6:11 PM

Jul 2008
I just to add that the new ED is nice and in the preview can it that Captain Ozma might die? That would be bad. He might become the next Roy Focker. Is Richard Bilrer dream really possible? Uniting the whole galaxy huh!?
Jul 26, 2008 8:57 PM

May 2008
Decent Episode...
Liked the new ending
Beginning to hate Grace even more and feel sry for Sheryl
And I think Brera is being a little too cocky

And now im even more curious about what Birla and Alto discussed...
can't wait for more answers
Jul 27, 2008 2:55 AM

Oct 2007
sk8terguy14yrs said:
ED was great, hopefully foreshadowing some ones death :)

I don't suppose you can say what this wishful thinking is based on? Since it's pretty clear the only two things the ED possibily foreshadows is Sheryl being a pilot and/or hooking up with Alto. (notice the two valkyries at the start of it, let alone the kiss sketch, paper plane and other images of valkyries)
Jul 27, 2008 10:21 AM

Mar 2008
Aimo remix= just plain wrong.

Aimo was excellent as a theme for...well, all that is not war and stuff blowing up.

All in all, still a good ep, but eh, my only fanservice came in the form of the VF-27's full fighter-mode shot.

and by the way, May Nakajima's voice in the end kinda sorta reminds me of Mizuki Nana, I actually had to rewind it to see who was singing it.

and, Fold Quartz? The new Minmay? THE PLOT THICKETH.

And Brera "Evil Jesus" Sterne, GTFO. Stop ruining Alto's chances to look cool, srsly.
FotonJul 27, 2008 10:28 AM
Jul 27, 2008 10:42 AM

Dec 2007
I think the remix is supposed to feel off.

This looks like the low point for all the characters
Can't wait for the next episode
Jul 27, 2008 10:53 AM

Mar 2008
Tekky99 said:
I think the remix is supposed to feel off.

This looks like the low point for all the characters
Can't wait for the next episode

QFT, I feel something is horribly, horribly off in this ep.
Jul 27, 2008 12:18 PM

Mar 2008
brera sucks as a character imo.

decent episode otherwise.
Jul 27, 2008 2:17 PM
Dec 2007
Wow, that must be the best ED I've ever seen (not really the song but the overall ED sequence). Fantastic, it put the whole episode - which was really good - on a different level.

Next time, prepare to see Ozma die, it was strongly hinted in this episode and the preview just confirmed it. That's a logical plot string though, to further the development of Ranka's character, she just can't finish the show with her "other brother" still alive (her true broher being Brera obviously ;)). I expect some good Sheryll moves in the next episodes too as she's been under-exploited lately and needs to get back on top both as a singer and on Alto's heart.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Jul 27, 2008 2:22 PM

Dec 2007
Truly an awesome ED!
And i have to agreed with Jacut! Ozma will die!
Jul 27, 2008 2:23 PM

Jun 2008
Jacut said:
Wow, that must be the best ED I've ever seen (not really the song but the overall ED sequence). Fantastic, it put the whole episode - which was really good - on a different level.

Next time, prepare to see Ozma die, it was strongly hinted in this episode and the preview just confirmed it. That's a logical plot string though, to further the development of Ranka's character, she just can't finish the show with her "other brother" still alive (her true broher being Brera obviously ;)). I expect some good Sheryll moves in the next episodes too as she's been under-exploited lately and needs to get back on top both as a singer and on Alto's heart.

I preferred Diamond Crevasse, don't really like this new ED. But it's all opinion, so.

Definitely agreeing with you on Ozma's death and Ranka's chara development. Heck, I agree with everything you've said in the second paragraph. :] woot.
Jul 27, 2008 3:06 PM

Sep 2007
HAHAHA, "Maybe its that time of the month" nice... poor Alto getting beat up twice one episode.

I loved Michael's nonchalant reaction to walking in on Alto and Sheryl he took it so well. I cannot say if I liked Ranka's Aimo Remix though. What I want to know is what are their true intentions. Because it has to be more then simply killing off the Vajra.

Also I liked the old ED more then the new.
Firefox265Jul 27, 2008 3:45 PM
Jul 27, 2008 3:59 PM

Dec 2007
Westlo said:
sk8terguy14yrs said:
ED was great, hopefully foreshadowing some ones death :)

I don't suppose you can say what this wishful thinking is based on? Since it's pretty clear the only two things the ED possibily foreshadows is Sheryl being a pilot and/or hooking up with Alto. (notice the two valkyries at the start of it, let alone the kiss sketch, paper plane and other images of valkyries)

Your right I can't because it's just that "wishful thinking". I see what your getting at and I too am getting the hint that sheryl might become a pilot (even though she wasn't that great at it but thats why she entered Altos school), and currently there's a 50/50 chance between Ranka or Sheryl ending up with Alto (IMO).

But then again she is getting pretty sick. And Grace did replace blood samples the last time she went to a hospital (maybe to stop them from curing her of a potentially deadly illness)

Anyways whatever happens I just hope we get more awesome mech battle scenes accompanied by great music (pretty much why I fell in love with MF).
Jul 27, 2008 5:41 PM

Jun 2007
ah great, an episode again with a bit less of this horribly annoying bubblegum pop
which is probably one of the few bad things I see in this show.

The new ending is better then the other and the episode was overall quite good
throwing of a lot questions and "this may go that"'s like they were pretty much already named in this thread.
Jul 27, 2008 9:34 PM

Mar 2008
so far, there are 4 endings. The usual "Diamond Crevasse", Macross F remix of "Ai Oboeteimasuka?", once, Neko Nikki (played twice, but the 2nd one was not the ending), and this latest one.

IMO, Neko Nikki and Diamond Crevasse #1, still...

and I still want that Sagittarius 5PM remix badly T_T
Jul 28, 2008 12:12 AM

Oct 2007
Northern Cross is the 2nd "proper" ending but it's the seventh ending in the series.

#1: "Diamond Crevasse" by May'n (Episodes 1-6, 8-9, 13-14) (Episode 1 DVD version use DC not Aimo)
#2: "Aimo" by Megumi Nakajima (Episode 7)
#3: "Aimo~Tori no Hito" by Megumi Nakajima (Episode 10)
#4: "Neko Nikki" by Megumi Nakajima (Episode 11)
#5: "Ai Oboete Imasu Ka (Deculture Edition)" by Megumi Nakajima (Episode 12)
#6: "Diamond Crevasse" by Megumi Nakajima and May'n (Episode 15)
#7: "Northern Cross" by May'n (Episode 16-?)

I constantly update that list when needed, lastest additions being Northern Cross and making Diamond Crevasse the ED for episode 1 since the 32 minute proper version on the dvd/blueray uses DC. The blueray rip is glorious btw...
Jul 28, 2008 12:33 AM
Jun 2008
good episode...its not lookin good for rankas brother...i hope they go another way & dont kill him because i hate when animshows do the same thing...
Jul 28, 2008 5:24 AM

Oct 2007
Too telegraphed, Ozma won't die.
Jul 28, 2008 8:24 PM

May 2008
Good episode, but the new ED was the best part.
Jul 29, 2008 2:01 PM
Jun 2007
wow, Alto got owned in this episode twice. xD
Jul 30, 2008 5:57 PM

Apr 2008
I agree with Tekky in that the version of Aimo in this episode was supposed to feel kind of 'wrong'. Unlike the normal Aimo, this one is more aggresive and seems to convey negative feeling as opposed to the normal one which conveys a decidedly more positive feeling.

The Reason Grace swapped out the blood samples on Sheryl is because there is more to Sheryl that meets the eye. In ep 15 she was referred to as Operation Carnival, code name: Fairy-9. This is similar to how Ranka Lee is referred to as Q1(a.k.a. The Queen) in the same episode. My guess would be that the both of them are either genetically modified humans or even not entirely human at all.

It's interesting to know that the purple stone in the earring is the reason Sheryl's voice reached Alto in that one battle.

So much plot, I'm really enjoying this series quite a bit!

I just have to get around to watching the previous Macross series. I want to find out more about Minmay and Basara(though I've done enough looking into it that Im not COMPLETELY lost)
Jul 30, 2008 6:37 PM

Jun 2007
Uhm everyone know there is vacuum in space. So why the hell put up speakers? There isn't any air in space ergo no singing coming out of them. This is just so retarded.

Using Ranka as a weapon, forget it. Also since singing is just moving air, Why the hell don't they just tape it and play it when they need it. T_T

Alto likes it rough :>
Jul 30, 2008 7:19 PM

Apr 2008
It isn't the sound that is affecting the Vajra, it's the fold wave in her voice, which I'm assuming works differently than sound.
Jul 31, 2008 11:10 AM

Jan 2008
They could ve changed the OP too.
This episode wasn t best IMO. The Aimo remix was crap. I hope Ozma won t die, I want him to have an epic death in the last episode.
And btw who s Basara? (Macross 7?)
Jul 31, 2008 2:20 PM

Oct 2007
Basara is the Macross 7 lead, people love or hate him.. I like his music.. but his character... /facepalm..

There's a new OP in 17, the real new OP starts in 18.
Aug 1, 2008 12:33 PM
Apr 2008
BREEEERRAAA!!!!
Aug 2, 2008 10:55 PM

Jun 2008
this was a pretty good ep. i liked the ending sequence and song alot, reminded me alot of Sharon Apple. I like how the title "Ranka Attack" sounds like "Daedalus Attack" and even in Robotech there was an ep named "Farewell, Big Brother". As long as Ozma refuses any pineapple salads he should be all good. and i really liked the new Aimo. it's so aggressive and the words are beautifully different. they've sort of transformed it into the Frontier theme song, heh.
Aug 17, 2008 5:56 PM

Apr 2008
With the new ED, i am convinced that Sheryl's going to die...

Aug 20, 2008 10:23 AM

Jul 2008
I can just feel things building up for a major disaster! Not just her death either, although I don't really expect that.
Kind regards
Sidoen

Jun 18, 2009 8:30 PM

Jan 2008
Episode was quite awesome though the idea of Ranka's singing is too dumb.
Sweet new ED btw though Diamond Crevasse will always be my fav.
Jul 6, 2009 2:44 AM

Jul 2008
Not much too say about this episode really. Other than the enjoyment I get from watching Alto-hime being pwned by someone who actually thinks this is an acceptable outfit to wear as a bodyguard (or at all really).

BEGINNER
Dec 14, 2009 9:43 PM

Jan 2009
Sweet ep, I didn't really dig the new ED but it was fine.

Apr 28, 2010 10:29 PM
Feb 2009
wdf that was obviously not the right thing to do
FlaecyApr 28, 2010 10:55 PM
Jun 13, 2010 3:40 PM

Dec 2009
Sheryl's getting more and more jealous of Ranka ....
Dec 15, 2010 6:17 PM

Aug 2009
Sheryl needs to die. I hate the new ED. Diamond Crevasse will always be no.1.

Brera FTW. Kick Hime's loser of an ass.
Jan 15, 2011 10:43 AM

Sep 2009
I kinda liked the version of Aimo in this episode; the martial spirit fits it more than peacefulness. Also, I'm switching from Ranka's camp to Sheryl starting this episode.
Mar 22, 2011 10:34 AM
Jun 2010
remix was crap,
episode was good, sheryl getting jelouse, ranka getting all the glory now, alto is in a fight for ranka against brere (hate that dude but hopefully alto will start actually DOING SOMETHING, rather than saying, "damn" or something)
Apr 27, 2011 4:30 PM

May 2010
Kaifun Brera needs ot die
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Jul 13, 2011 12:21 PM

Jul 2010
Looks like Ranka is becoming more popular than Sheryl.

I didn't like the remix of Aimo song.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Macross F Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Westlo - Aug 1, 2008

60 by Dzentelmen2 »»
Oct 12, 2023 7:22 AM

Poll: » Macross F Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 )

darkside099 - Jul 4, 2008

72 by sserpens »»
Mar 27, 2023 6:08 AM

Poll: » Macross Frontier Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 )

angel999 - Sep 11, 2008

98 by catfay »»
Feb 21, 2023 3:22 PM

Poll: » Macross F Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Westlo - May 15, 2008

72 by Antanaru »»
Dec 31, 2022 11:36 AM

Poll: » Macross Frontier Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

angel999 - Aug 21, 2008

123 by Fortress_Maximus »»
Nov 19, 2022 2:13 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.