Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jul 17, 2008 10:10 PM

Jan 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Well i just finished watching the RAW for this ep. The ep itself is basically a summary to what has happened so far, but by no means should you overlook it.

I loved the beginning with the scene with Ranka and Alto, it was so cute it was priceless. And the summary was beautiful though it took up the fist half of the ep though im not complaining. And in the 2nd half you see more of Sheryl's jelous side, I really enjoyed the ep (though i wish i knew what her manager was up 2) I cant wait for the sub which should be out tomorrow give or take a day. The Series is looking better and better.

Jul 18, 2008 1:18 PM

Jan 2008
Half recap, half love triangle & conspiracy development. Great show which continues to shine. 4/5

"There is a road in the hearts of all of us, hidden and seldom traveled,
which leads to an unknown, secret place."
Jul 18, 2008 2:38 PM

Oct 2007
Probably the best half recap, half new episode I've seen since Scryed back in 2001/2002.

Welcome to my fanclub was pretty much a well done AMV clip
love triangle is one of the most open in a long time
Sing off was epic
Sup Galaxy
Jul 18, 2008 4:46 PM

Dec 2007
stupid alto...he should appreciate the chicks while he still can.

....can't wait for next epi. have a feeling its gonna be epic.
Jul 18, 2008 8:21 PM
Apr 2008
Interesting episode and a lot of conspiracies. Ranka...I hope she is fine!
Jul 18, 2008 11:14 PM

Jul 2008
Recipe for a recap filler:
  • OVA Pitch: Check
  • Decrease in animation quality because it is a recap: Check and check.
  • Random Plot Mixed With Recap: Check
  • OVA Pitch Reminder: Check
  • Reminding you of the OVA one more time heading near the end of the episode: Check
  • Heavy Engrish: Nah, that is just the standard. But it was pretty heavy this episode.
  • Last minute plot before we head out: Checkeroo.

Yup... it's a recap filler alright. Not a bad episode all around, but this one hurt to watch.
    3/5
  • Jul 19, 2008 2:33 AM

Feb 2008
    Very nice episode, even though half of it was recap.

Also, I loved the love triangle part ^^
    Jul 19, 2008 3:15 AM

Jul 2008
    I HAVE QUESTIONS AND SOME OPINION FOR EVERYONE AS DISCUSSION. From the looks of this episode I understand these Alien Vajras refer to these singers as in Sheryl and Ranka as Q codes. The Vajras though that they where to have been death but they survived and thus they have miscalculated. To further they seem to have invaded the AI matrix of Frontier (a similar situation from Macross Plus???). What the Hell was the point of Fairy 9 and the destruction of the blood vial along with replacement of another one???? These guys are for one thing some evil entity cause you got to be one for having a wish to spread hate ne? Anyone the differences of the YF-24 VS YF-25 apart from the YF-171? Here are the TWO THINGS I did notice: 1. These aliens might have global knowledge of events and results of Macross, Macross 2, Macross Plus, Macross 7 and Macross Zero. If so they are extremely dangerous and can be the biggest of the final challenges for everything and everyone. 2. Should Ranka Lee be infected or considered as a carrier of the Alien contamination then the same thing may happen to Frontier as that of Galaxy. You guys all saw how the ships of the Galaxy got infected and where of a redish color type. Same thing might happen to the Frontier but I believe the miracle (known in a anime as the Factor X) might happen. Listen up everyone no matter how smart these pieces of s**ts are, they never succeeded in calculating 100% the Factor X nor they could do the same for emotions and the direct actions they may lead to. There is also a clear triangle attack formation composed Grace, Brera and that guy with brown hair, elf type complex and white lab coat. I really wonder who is that Richard Pillar??? He is of Meltran origin and old. That's see ya #16 and great singing by the way anyone know of the subbed version of this with karaoke just like episode 12???
    Oops! I appear to be incapable of following Rules 16 and 17, so I had to have a mod change my sig for me.
    Jul 19, 2008 6:18 AM

Dec 2007
    weird background story and battle of the singing bitc**s O_o

Sumeragi Kururu - Pledge Queen of Tool Toul To

Jul 19, 2008 7:27 AM

Jul 2008
    Nicely done recap episode with one or two funny moments (like Klan feeding Michael). Nothing as good as Excel Saga's recap eps, but wasn't boring as in almost every other anime.
    Jul 19, 2008 10:10 AM
    May 2008
    angel i replied to your post but your post should really have spoiler tags

Jul 19, 2008 10:34 AM

Jul 2008
    hatebobbarker said:

I'm more impressed by the wall of text than the lack of a spoiler tag.

Brava! I think it could even keep Mongolians out. *claps*

Plus, most people commenting here have already seen the episode right? No harm, no foul.
    Jul 19, 2008 11:06 AM

Sep 2007
    Wow this was probably the best recap episode I have seen in quite a while. This episode has given me so many questions. Damn you better not kill Sheryl off.

Heh Sheryl's jealousy was cute but why does Alto have to be your typical anime guy? Just once I wish they had half a brain and could see what is RIGHT in front of them. Oh well I still hope he ends up with Sheryl because I still say that Ranka is too loli looking and immature. The singing battle was made of pure win.
    Firefox265Jul 19, 2008 11:09 AM
    Jul 19, 2008 1:00 PM

May 2008
    Sheryl lost the sing off, ranka end confirmed
    Jul 19, 2008 1:35 PM

Feb 2008
    one of the finest filler/recap eps i ever seen tbh, hope they release a cd with all the songs from this show :) Or maybe even include one in a boxset, couse its just sweet !
    Jul 19, 2008 8:06 PM

Nov 2007
    I guess it wasn't bad for a recap, 3/5.
    Jul 19, 2008 8:17 PM

Sep 2007
    AltoxSherylxRanka end.
    Jul 20, 2008 3:03 AM

Jul 2008
    hatebobbarker said:

Thanks for the info and I guess that Sheryl and Ranka are somehow in this but seems Ranka is clueless. Leader of the SMS huh....hmmmmmm....I wonder if he can stop all this?
    Yeah humanity sucks since change does not seem to be seen.
    Oops! I appear to be incapable of following Rules 16 and 17, so I had to have a mod change my sig for me.
    Jul 20, 2008 3:07 AM

Jul 2008
    Firefox265 said:
    Wow this was probably the best recap episode I have seen in quite a while. This episode has given me so many questions. Damn you better not kill Sheryl off.

Heh Sheryl's jealousy was cute but why does Alto have to be your typical anime guy? Just once I wish they had half a brain and could see what is RIGHT in front of them. Oh well I still hope he ends up with Sheryl because I still say that Ranka is too loli looking and immature. The singing battle was made of pure win.

Hey that problem is not Ranka's fault! Ranka is 1/4 Meltran so the problem is DNA but I think you are right about something: one of them might end up out and one is going to be with Alto though I think more of as a triangle. Oh by the way I am a Ranka fan :P
    Jul 20, 2008 4:57 AM

Apr 2008
    Pretty cute for a recap, the battles looked as great as they did when we first saw them. (The more I think about it, the more I'm convinced that the battles and the music are my favourite parts of this anime.) Loved the song "duel" and Alto's completely clueless "Why are they singing?!" reaction, heh.

But lol at everyone who keeps saying "Sheryl end confirmed" or "Ranka end confirmed" every episode after whatever element was central to the triangle in that specific ep. Most of these don't prove anything anyway, and just from the numbers both have a 50/50 chance of happening, so don't think you can boast and say "I told you so!" if it ends one way just because you kept repeating your "Ranka/Sheryl wins!" over and over.

Why's it so important anyway? I know my combination of choice will never be canon and I'm happy. (Guess? And no, it's not yaoi. ^.~)
    Jul 20, 2008 6:24 AM

Mar 2008
    for some reason the scene where they both broke into song seemed silly to me.

ok episode imo.
    Jul 21, 2008 5:41 PM

Apr 2007
    I thought the duet was awesome! So much energy!!!!

Jul 21, 2008 8:15 PM

Mar 2008
    Wasabi said:
    AltoxSherylxRanka end.

QFT

Blazingluke said:
    I thought the duet was awesome! So much energy!!!!

double QFT
    Jul 21, 2008 11:19 PM

May 2008
    Priceless Episode

First scene where Ranka and Alto met up was great
    then the Ranka vs Sheryl Sing-Off was awesome
    Poor Alto stuck in middle not being able to do anything
    w/o hurting sum1s feelings.

Then Grace is gettin on my nerves now
    and i have a feeling that Galaxy is really the culprit here
    and have staged their own fake destruction...

Have a lot more questions tho, cant' wait for 16.

THE CONSPIRACY THICKENS!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Jul 22, 2008 5:59 AM

Jun 2008
    what a great episode. i haven't seen too many recap eps in other anime but this one really was great. good music and splendid animation, even if it's not new. the duet was just wonderful. i thot it was awkward at first, the way Sheryl suddenly started singing, but once they both got going i couldn't help but enjoy it. i hope this whole conspiracy ends up being something satisfyingly interesting and relevant to the overall Macross storyline...
    Jul 23, 2008 3:32 AM

Sep 2007
    Sheryl is gonna die pretty soon I guess -.o
    plus, her singing truly is horrible =/ especially the song during the first recap half.

Jul 23, 2008 1:08 PM
    Dec 2007
    TRIANGULAR EPISODE !

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
    Jul 23, 2008 8:49 PM

Mar 2008
    That's it, I will not settle for an ending less than RankaxAltoxSheryl, anything else would not be accepted.
    Jul 23, 2008 9:01 PM

Jul 2008
    Chronolizer said:
    plus, her singing truly is horrible =/ especially the song during the first recap half.

You don't think like that for real? I agreed that there is a possibility but I think both of the singing of Ranka and Sheryl are needed cause that is what saved Alto during episode 7. I also think like I said in my previous posts if you read then that this enemy might be the smartest of the all the Macross series and thus two Lynn Min Maids are needed but you might be right and who knows.
    Jul 23, 2008 9:16 PM

May 2008
    angel999 said:
    Chronolizer said:

You don't think like that for real? I agreed that there is a possibility but I think both of the singing of Ranka and Sheryl are needed cause that is what saved Alto during episode 7. I also think like I said in my previous posts if you read then that this enemy might be the smartest of the all the Macross series and thus two Lynn Min Maids are needed but you might be right and who knows.

I don't know, but Sheryl seems like she's falling apart atleast to me and it looks like grace wants her disposed fast. I have a feeling that the switched vile is going to bring Sheryl's downfall...

THE CONSPIRACY THICKENS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Jul 24, 2008 2:30 PM

Jun 2008
    This was a good episode. the recap was nice too playing music and showing past events and getting a little idea of what is going on. The song was nice too at the beginning of the recap but hey what can i say it was sherly singing it so of course it good. But i want to really know what is going on with the back story, and why was sherly and ranka important to them. can't wait for the next episodes.

Jul 24, 2008 4:48 PM

Mar 2008
    well i suppose those pills Grace gave Sheryl are what's making her sick (and will kill her (speculation!)), also Grace switched the vials so the medics wouldn't find out about the sickness spreaded in Sheryl's blood.

the sing off was okay (Alto had no clue what to do, and it just shows that the only one aware of the triangle is everyone besides Alto, sigh)

Brera Sterne FTW, more of him in the next episodes that's gr8, he's cool

on to the next

MAL list updates
    Jul 24, 2008 7:29 PM

Dec 2007
    Chronolizer said:

i totally agree with you 100%, every single word.

macross will be so much less complicated if she dies
    Jul 24, 2008 11:36 PM

Mar 2008
    funny, I liked her singing (May'n 's voice is awesome), and with proper training, she won't fail that badly in piloting like in ep 14...
    Jul 25, 2008 12:35 PM

Jan 2008
    For a recap, it was done good. Not boring as hell like other show's recaps. It does get me wondering what will happen with our pop stars though. As much as it seems like things point towards Ranka, i dont think that will be the end result, regardless if Sheryl is gone.

Jul 25, 2008 2:19 PM

Mar 2008
    The summary part was pretty boring, even if some interesting facts are shown. I loved Sheryl and Ranka's duo in the end :)
    Jul 25, 2008 4:48 PM

May 2008
    tolkki said:
    Sheryl lost the sing off, ranka end confirmed

Not unless Sheryl goes psycho and stabs ranka..yaay

Wasabi said:
    AltoxSherylxRanka end.

ending to end all endings..
    Aug 2, 2008 4:06 AM

Dec 2007
    Westlo said:

Sing off was epic

QFT. When it started I was like, "Aww, recap" but thanks to that little song duel I think this is one of my favorite episodes. I'd like to see more of that but we probably won't unless there's a second season since I read some ep. summaries for future eps that mentioned

;_; So uncool.
    Jumping in Headfirst - I hear reading it causes immortality. Warning. Reading may not actually cause immortality.
    Aug 17, 2008 5:29 PM

Apr 2008
    I hope They don't kill off Sheryl....discarded fairy? hmmm....
    The ending, Diamond Creavasse sung by Ranka was Epic!

Sountrack V2? yes, please!!!

Oct 9, 2008 11:29 PM

Dec 2007
    The sing-off between Ranka and Sheryl was worthy of Broadway. I love Alto's reaction to the whole thing - what are you supposed to do when something like that happens, anyway!? I wish I was so lucky, though.

Great episode, instead of phoning it in and making it a straight recap episode, they bother to add some excellent new content as well.
    Oct 11, 2008 5:01 PM

Aug 2007
    Yeah i have a feeling that Sheryl is gonna die or something bad is gonna happen to her... =\ damn that Ranka! Maybe a threesome? =P
    Oct 28, 2008 6:36 AM

Feb 2008
    Recap episode, was kind of boring.
    Dec 30, 2008 2:17 PM

Aug 2007
    haha i got the episodes mixed up.... commented my thoughts on episode 16 in the episode 15 thread.

the duet sucked big time
    May 11, 2009 5:44 AM

Jan 2008
    Damn recap episode.
    Jul 5, 2009 1:08 AM

Jun 2009
    Now, that's how you do a recap episode. I like how the plot was still advanced.
    "Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
    Jul 5, 2009 11:33 PM

Jul 2008
    Alto-hime needs to stop blushing around Ranka. It's making me feel hope for this ship. :(

Oh my god. The battle sequences scored with Sheryl's singing = Epic. Wow.

<33333
    I am too susceptible to bishies.

Gotta love the Dairy Life.

The love triangle continues. Must to my and Alto-hime's annoyance. I think he should pick one alreadu. I think he realizes by now that they both like him.

Oh and some plot development happened. In the form of a really informative recap type thing. Most importantly - a guarantee of more Brera. ♥

BEGINNER
    Oct 6, 2009 12:01 AM

Jan 2009
    Even though it was a recap episode I loved it. And all the music was awesome! ^_^
    Dec 10, 2009 10:21 PM

Jan 2009
    It is worth watching the recap to see the Ranka and Sheyl duet.
    The songs in this show are absolutely fantastic!

Dec 12, 2009 7:22 AM

Apr 2009
    If all that exposition was meant to make any sense it seems I missed the memo... the only thing I got from that episode was that Sheryl appears not to be a normal human... still that duet between Sheryl and Rankal was great, Alto you lucky bastard...
    Alas86Dec 12, 2009 2:44 PM
    Dec 15, 2009 12:20 PM
    Apr 2008
    What 'bout my Star duet. <3

Only good thing about this episode, I'm not too fond of recap eps.
    Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Macross F Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Westlo - Aug 1, 2008

60 by Dzentelmen2 »»
    Oct 12, 2023 7:22 AM

Poll: » Macross F Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 )

darkside099 - Jul 4, 2008

72 by sserpens »»
    Mar 27, 2023 6:08 AM

Poll: » Macross Frontier Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 )

angel999 - Sep 11, 2008

98 by catfay »»
    Feb 21, 2023 3:22 PM

Poll: » Macross F Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Westlo - May 15, 2008

72 by Antanaru »»
    Dec 31, 2022 11:36 AM

Poll: » Macross Frontier Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

angel999 - Aug 21, 2008

123 by Fortress_Maximus »»
    Nov 19, 2022 2:13 PM
    It’s time to ditch the text file.
    Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.