Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Jul 3, 2011 9:40 PM

Apr 2010
That was AMAZING. I am so happy that the summer 2011 anime season has an anime like this to fill Gosick's place. Great anime and the story is already taking a great start. And it was a really good idea to have an hour long first episode to get things started. Amazing job this time around J.C. Staff. Keep it up until the end. 5/5
Jul 3, 2011 9:52 PM

Oct 2010
This was my "most anticipated" this season. From the looks of it, it didn't disappoint one bit.
"Isn't life, by nature, a contest decided by a single round? However trifling the matter, it's not possible to return to the last save point by pushing some reset button." - Kazuki Hoshino, Hakomari, Vol. 1
Jul 3, 2011 9:53 PM

Jul 2010
First episode is okay. Hope it gets better in future episodes.
Jul 3, 2011 10:18 PM
Jun 2008
tq for the reply Yumekichi11 and Manabilt.
My stupid torrent still downloading that Evataku sub.... , and I heard some people say the sub suck ...T.T
This case for this episode is a very interest topic(for female teenager), even thou this ep is almost completely different to the Novel vol1. I guess second ep will start its shocking story from the Novel ... =)
Jul 3, 2011 10:31 PM

Oct 2008
Reminded me of Gosick.
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.~
Jul 3, 2011 10:32 PM

Feb 2011
AngelicFeces said:
Nothing special, to be honest.

The case is simple.
Jul 3, 2011 11:25 PM

Jan 2009
A less than interesting male lead: ✓
A terribly annoying female classmate: ✓
A secluded "detective" girl with a sharp tongue: ✓
A promising but probably not very impressive plot: ✓
Tl;dr Present-day Gosick indeed.
And I sure hope J.C. Staff doesn't mess this up, because it. does seem promising, at the very least.
And I don't dislike the ED. Even if it's temporary or whatever it is.
OosranJul 4, 2011 12:35 AM
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Jul 4, 2011 12:49 AM
Jul 2018
What the hell is Mr.Big doing as an anime ED?
Jul 4, 2011 1:11 AM
Mar 2010
During the middle: Hmm, why does it feel like the episode is really long? I must not enjoy it or something.
At the end: Oh, it was 48 minutes long o_o
Jul 4, 2011 1:41 AM

Jun 2007
SurferDude said:
So I started watching this expecting to see the beginning of a heartwarming relationship between the male protagonist and the NEET detective loli.
Instead, I got a 50 minute story about the life and death of some cheap-ass slut who's whoring herself because mommy and daddy and all her friends love her and are proud of her.
Dropped.

Expecting a romance when the genre is mystery. isthistrolling.gif
Jul 4, 2011 1:49 AM

May 2008
Ajunky said:

It reminds me of a book called "Speaker for the Dead" , just like Alice calls herself, where the protagonist investigates the lives of dead people and exposes them completely to those left behind, both the good and bad aspects, as a way of honoring them... in a kind of "the truth will set you free" philosophy.

I wonder if it's really based on Orson Scott Cards idea of speaking for the dead. I've just finished reading the first two books of Ender's Game series, now I'm reading Xenocide and I must say that speaking for the dead is a really fascinating concept. I'm looking forward to how Sugii Hikaru concieve it in his work ^^
Jul 4, 2011 2:01 AM
Oct 2008
This is so much better than Gosick.
Jul 4, 2011 2:17 AM

Oct 2009
I watched other half. That was actually better than I expected. Definitely sticking to this for the rest of the season, unless it becomes a horror later on.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 4, 2011 3:06 AM

Jul 2009
Seemed interesting enough, quite a few humours scenes mixed with the nice twist of that girl committing suicide.

Will definitely watch the next episode as well and unless something drastically change, follow this until the end
Jul 4, 2011 3:17 AM

Feb 2010
this had a lot of stupid things.

left me with a really bad taste

another generic main male character? another stupid tsundere that is supposed to be inteligent?

well she doesnt seems as idiot as victorique i guess...
Jul 4, 2011 3:46 AM

Sep 2010
Miora-san said:
I 'r' shocked~, none the less the art is pretty good

Hey hey, ever wondered it somehow resembled Hanasaku Iroha's art?
Jul 4, 2011 4:26 AM

Apr 2010
Looks promising.
Jul 4, 2011 5:04 AM

Mar 2011
Gosick meets Durarara!! and Veronica MArs. That's what i got from the first episode.

I liked it. It's Neo-Noir detective anime with a NEET hikikomori. And a silver-haired Shizuo.
Jul 4, 2011 5:24 AM

Apr 2011
One of the summer Anime series I was looking forward to, and hasn't disappointed since I love mystery detective stuff! Characters are a tad typical but I suppose I'll get used to them.

Will be watching this series either way.
SuperbluntJul 4, 2011 7:32 AM
hey hey hey hey no
Jul 4, 2011 5:59 AM

May 2008
This was an eventfull first episode, I have to say and I quite liked it. Some moments felt like Durarara!! which is a good thing.
Jul 4, 2011 6:42 AM

Aug 2010
Two things that disappointed me a lot: unnecessary fan-service and spineless, dumb male protagonist (Narumi). I expected it to be more serious kind of show.
Jul 4, 2011 8:35 AM

Sep 2009
The fanservice was totally unecessary at the end but i guess it had to be done. The monent the white hair guy was introduced I know he's gonna be the Shizuo of this show. He smashed that wall like it was nothing and is feared by his underlings. I'll look forward for more episode to see how this plays out.
Jul 4, 2011 9:18 AM

Aug 2009
I haven't been able to watch episode 1 yet, but I've been interested in Kamisama no Memochou for a while.

Kishida Mel is like. My idol when it comes to drawing, and I love his character designs, so I'll be watching this for sure. I've been hearing some good things about it too.
Jul 4, 2011 10:05 AM
Jan 2010
watashi wa niito ditekkutive uguu
Jul 4, 2011 10:10 AM

Sep 2010
Cliff_Racer said:
watashi wa niito ditekkutive uguu

You aren't, Alice is.
Jul 4, 2011 10:16 AM

Jul 2009
I haven't seen anything to date. Is it time to change that. I chose this title from new in this summer. Quite interesting, I like it. As you said, it has something to deal with Durarara!! (I don't see Gosick, but I will). Good animation, interesting characters. Hikikomori neet detective, the whole team is very interesting. Generally everything is ok!
Jul 4, 2011 10:36 AM

Apr 2010
Ovindel said:
It could be you have watched the 'A-part' from gg subs. For some reason they have released the 50 minute during episode in two parts of 25 minutes. The 2nd part is available on their site now if I'm right.
Thanks for sharing this information in my previous post i hadn't seen the second part yet.
And after seeing the second part my opinion of some of the characters in this episode changed and some things where explained better.
I still feel sorry for Miku being deluded in such a way by that boyfriend of her friend it seemed like she was in such a shock that she even ended up in a mental hospital.
Tho she did those things on her own decision she didn't know the reason why and that guy made things even worse i hope she can get over it it's painful to see those kind of things happening.

Tho i can see a obvious connection with Gosick i find it surprising that many people haven't mentioned Denpa teki na Kanojo yet which is even more similar to this then Gosick.
The biggest differences between this and Denpa teki na Kanojo is that there isn't a loli in Denpa teki na Kanojo and the main character in Denpa teki na Kanojo is a delinquent.
Things they both have in common is that the both go deeper in the cases there trying to solve there is allot of mystery surrounding the character the both seem to tackle on things which are hidden in society and the story keeps you interested.
Gosick just doesn't have the mystery one would expect from a detective and the cases can be pretty easily solved from the viewers point on view, it's also very innocent compared to this and Denpa teki na Kanojo and the main character was very annoying.
Jul 4, 2011 10:45 AM
May 2011
...All I can say is 5/5 9/10. and all the characters were so sexy...I wanted to rape them all >.>
ban1o.jpg
Jul 4, 2011 10:59 AM

Sep 2010
Aversa said:
Ovindel said:
It could be you have watched the 'A-part' from gg subs. For some reason they have released the 50 minute during episode in two parts of 25 minutes. The 2nd part is available on their site now if I'm right.
Thanks for sharing this information in my previous post i hadn't seen the second part yet.
And after seeing the second part my opinion of some of the characters in this episode changed and some things where explained better.
I still feel sorry for Miku being deluded in such a way by that boyfriend of her friend it seemed like she was in such a shock that she even ended up in a mental hospital.
Tho she did those things on her own decision she didn't know the reason why and that guy made things even worse i hope she can get over it it's painful to see those kind of things happening.

Tho i can see a obvious connection with Gosick i find it surprising that many people haven't mentioned Denpa teki na Kanojo yet which is even more similar to this then Gosick.
The biggest differences between this and Denpa teki na Kanojo is that there isn't a loli in Denpa teki na Kanojo and the main character in Denpa teki na Kanojo is a delinquent.
Things they both have in common is that the both go deeper in the cases there trying to solve there is allot of mystery surrounding the character the both seem to tackle on things which are hidden in society and the story keeps you interested.
Gosick just doesn't have the mystery one would expect from a detective and the cases can be pretty easily solved from the viewers point on view, it's also very innocent compared to this and Denpa teki na Kanojo and the main character was very annoying.

I also thought about Denpateki na Kanojo when I saw it, they have the same kind of feeling when watching, though Denpateki is more thrilling than Memochou.
Jul 4, 2011 11:03 AM

Feb 2010
Long ass episode.
Jul 4, 2011 12:56 PM

Sep 2009
HiyuuT said:
anyone else getting a DRRR impression from this, maybe its just me >_> I thought the way Narumi narrated the first episode was quite similar to how mikado narrated the first episode in DRRR

First impression wise, it's pretty well done, the character intro were done in a decent manner and omgz another anime with Dr. Pepper-ish drink 8D
Yondaime = another heiwajima shizuo = Ono Daisuke = win (may or may not play an important part in my earlier impression in relation to DRRR LOL)
choyos said:
As HiyuuT says it also has a DRRR! feeling to it, maybe because the presenting two different sides of the story at the same time and ties between characters on different factions in the story.
Durarara is my favorite anime :D Glad to see that this awesome anime have a similar feel. Narumi and Mikado are alike too.
Jul 4, 2011 1:08 PM
May 2009
Enjoyed the episode until the annoying, unfunny "pervert" joke at the end. Totally brought the rating of the show down for me. Hopefully that'll be the last we see of them but I sadly doubt it.

I'd watch just to listen to Alice's voice.
Jul 4, 2011 1:21 PM
Jan 2011
Ok this guy seems to be some kind of bad ass yakuza boss so why does he have to acquire the services of some NEET detective *&^%%$

• I find Hinamori to be a bad ass in the spoiler
Jul 4, 2011 2:08 PM

Nov 2010
I'm hooked, give me more.
Jul 4, 2011 2:36 PM

Jun 2010
Will definitely be interesting, can't wait for the next episode! :P
Jul 4, 2011 2:47 PM

Jan 2011
BORING PROTAGONIST IS BORING
I HATE

1. protagonst with short hair

2.POORtagonist who are boring and still are the protagonist

3.protagonist that are boring and aren't even perverts or anything extra

4.average looking protagonist who are boring and should be background characters.

SERIOUSLY the protagonist alone will KILL this anime he is like the protagonist of Durarara but WITHOUT the secret and the dark side so he is just boring.

Only reason I might continue watching is because of the NEET crew seriously if teh protganist doesn't man up or something this is gonna suck I mean 50% of this episode was the protagonist being Emo about life and not even in a interesting way. The cliche schoolgirl is boring aswell unless she is a prostitute like shouko.

It's like for the protagonist they just copied Kyon which is FAIL because Kyon is boring as hell.
VioLinkJul 4, 2011 2:51 PM
[center]
Jul 4, 2011 2:54 PM

Jan 2011
He is like a more boring version Mikado without the cool friend Kida or the sexy Anri one of the NEET dudes should of been the main character OR Alice or they should of made the protagonist have longer hair and more a "go getter" type dude.

Oh just watched the second part wow this anime episode seemed longer than a normal anime ep.
VioLinkJul 4, 2011 3:21 PM
[center]
Jul 4, 2011 3:00 PM
Feb 2011
Toaru kagaku no gosick?
Jul 4, 2011 3:16 PM

Feb 2011
Very interesting first episode. Definitely worth spending my precious 45 mins. on this.

It reminds me of Gosick (Alice and Victorique). It also reminds me of Durarara and Baccano because of the interesting set of eccentric characters.

To be honest, I didn't expect this series to be this good. The first episode really surprised me.

5/5
Jul 4, 2011 5:04 PM

Jan 2008
- Nice OP, not sure about the ED though.
- I like Alice's room.
- I really like that panda laptop.
- I wasn't expecting the ending.
- I like this, it's interesting.
Jul 4, 2011 6:12 PM

Jul 2008
Based on first impressions, I like this a lot.
Jul 4, 2011 7:21 PM

Jan 2011
seems a bit more darker and mature than what i read so far in the manga but i like it :) plus *Dat art*.
Jul 4, 2011 7:37 PM

Nov 2009
weee i really like it so far.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 4, 2011 8:14 PM
Oct 2010
Suge :O
Gold Finger :O
Kami no te darou *.*
Ahou da ...zettai ahou da.... -.-

LOLed

This was enjoyable, very. I'll follow this. Although it recalls Gosick, I enjoyed this 10 times more than all the 10 eps. I watched of Gosick put together. I really liked the supporting characters and all the characters interactions, funny and dynamic. I also liked Alice's speeches, how she solved the case and delivered the conclusion to that victim's friend herself, as a messenger of Death.
(Oh, and it does have some Durarara feeling to it :D)

Loved it.
RianriJul 5, 2011 3:03 AM

Jul 4, 2011 8:15 PM

Dec 2010
So far, I enjoy this more than Gosick. It's a bit more mature regarding the mysteries.

Those idiots in that sewing building...rofl. They actually called him Golden Fingers.

Quite the long episode too. Wonder how long the series will be. I'm guessing it'll be sort of like the same length as Great Teacher Onizuka.

Jul 4, 2011 10:26 PM

Jun 2009
i have to say i am pretty impressed this time :)
totally did not expect her bf to know about shouko's whereabouts in the beginning.
so all miku did was for........??
LET JUSTICE BE DONE; THOUGH THE HEAVENS MAY FALL
Jul 5, 2011 1:16 AM

Nov 2010
mrSmiles said:
i watched only 5 minutes skipping most of the episode, cant say i find this very interesting... why cant they have some older more mature characters in these sort of anime? why must it always be high school kids for every single anime? why cant they seem to do anything different? where is the originality?!?!

you are right, this story would suite university student more...
Jul 5, 2011 1:48 AM

Jan 2010
wow ... totally enjoyed this series
and i was kinda surprised it was 47 minute one =D
Jul 5, 2011 2:15 AM

Oct 2010
gosick+serial experiment lain+durarara
Signature Removed
Jul 5, 2011 2:19 AM
Jan 2010
groundfish said:
serial experiment lain

Just because it's your favorite anime doesn't make it anything like this.
Pages (7) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kamisama no Memochou Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Sep 2, 2011

73 by Selleri_UmU »»
Apr 3, 9:22 PM

» Alice, I cant understand her.

Playcool - Jun 5, 2016

3 by GearheadOtaku »»
Nov 4, 2023 7:13 PM

» When they make season 2 of Kamisama no Memochou

Sugram22 - Aug 30, 2013

20 by GearheadOtaku »»
Oct 12, 2023 7:03 PM

Poll: » Kamisama no Memochou Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

tsubasalover - Sep 23, 2011

212 by GearheadOtaku »»
Oct 12, 2023 6:37 PM

Poll: » Kamisama no Memochou Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Sep 16, 2011

74 by Gator »»
Jul 22, 2023 3:17 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.