Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jul 2, 2011 9:11 AM

Mar 2010
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
This pretty much sums up the episode. XD

Recently, it looks like Kishida Mel's characters are getting abused more and more.

Jul 2, 2011 9:51 AM

Mar 2011
I 'r' shocked~, none the less the art is pretty good
Courtesy of Paul
Jul 2, 2011 10:04 AM

Jul 2010
nice introduction, plot, detail, sound,animation,direction....
perfect

5/5 10/10
Jul 2, 2011 3:49 PM
May 2011
Well yeah this is a lot similar to Gosick but still pretty awesome first ep :D
5/5
Still waiting for subs :/

btw, OP:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0gnVqTgHr2g
Jul 2, 2011 3:55 PM

Dec 2010
I'd say it's like Victorique + Lain + Detective Conan
Jul 2, 2011 4:02 PM

Oct 2010
notsureifsrs said:
I agree on the Lain for sure. Detective Conan is like never tried watching it.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Jul 2, 2011 6:06 PM

Aug 2010
notsureifsrs said:

^ this 100% + sket dance like what Yumekichi said; anyone else getting a DRRR impression from this, maybe its just me >_> I thought the way Narumi narrated the first episode was quite similar to how mikado narrated the first episode in DRRR

First impression wise, it's pretty well done, the character intro were done in a decent manner and omgz another anime with Dr. Pepper-ish drink 8D
Yondaime = another heiwajima shizuo = Ono Daisuke = win (may or may not play an important part in my earlier impression in relation to DRRR LOL)

All in all, looks promising; I hope they don't rush anything (seeing as there is no known info on how many episode this is going to be unless I'm blind)
Jul 2, 2011 8:33 PM

Jan 2010
I really want to watch this, but I don't want to be disappointed by another terrible JC Staff light novel adaptation. Decisions...decisions...
Ok™
Jul 2, 2011 9:06 PM

Oct 2010
notsureifsrs said:

From what i got from the got from the gg realse (which aparently is jsut half of it), totally agree with you. But is still to soon to determine whether it will be as good as any of the previously mention.

^^ Ohh JC Staff.. The art is impressive, like it clearly shows how much effort is going into this but so far I not liking any of the main characters xD
As HiyuuT says it also has a DRRR! feeling to it, maybe because the presenting two different sides of the story at the same time and ties between characters on different factions in the story.

Yumekichi11 said:

According to the following spoiler
the situation looks to me like this girl wants to do compensate dating and that guy wants to stop her. In fact he got beaten for it and it is a dangerous job because no one knows who the client may be nor if he has a weapon. It is a noble task to stop pedophile IRL or to stop girls you know from selling themselves.

This I found strange. If I recall correctly in Japan, if a girl prostitute herself, the only person going to jail would be the one acquiring the service. I find it strange in an anime which (so far) selling point is the use rational/intelligence of characters, they never consider calling the police to deal with the guy. Further information could have been squeeze from him later on but by putting himself on that situation he got hurt (could have been worst) and the other girl jumped out of the window (I wonder if it wasn't just suicide and she just got lucky).
choyosJul 2, 2011 9:22 PM
huh?
Jul 2, 2011 9:53 PM
Jun 2010
Yuuko look really nice( I like pretty much anyone with long hair anyway lol xD)
Jul 2, 2011 10:05 PM

Oct 2010
I have some other interesting points but it might be long since this is a double.

About OP,

• The OP already captives me with the 2 following part of Yuuko in the spoiler
    they are bot showing a solitude of Yuuko most likely because she does feel like that about the world or perhaps inside she may feel lonely due to her hikkikomori problem. Perhaps with time things in this series will tell me more about that part. I also liked Yuuko hugging the teddy bear and for some reason when she drank something. She is adorable in many ways perhaps no matter what she does around the series.

• The team was most well presented in the spoiler
    as Hiroaki drives whom he does in a racer style or should I say aggressive, Hitoshi ready for action and Tetsuo. Tetsuo is further shown here being ready to spring into action except that he uses more his physical power. On the other hand Hiroaki here is shown more being the organized one going around the city but ready to spring into action.

• We may have a sniper problem in the spoiler
    it looks like a armor piercing type of rifle. I think I saw it somewhere before.

• I find the hologram of the teddy bear in the spoiler
    to be more of indicator that Yuuko is everywhere and this depiction of her that shortly flashes shows more of her being omnipresent. So that's rather interesting detailing.
That's for the OP that caught my attention.

About the first part, some minor things I will point out,

• It obvious from the guy in the spoiler
    that he did indeed hit that other guy from the looks of his wound. What's interesting is that he was in distress position, which does make me think he did out of rage and irrational behavior. Maybe the adrenaline might have done but clearly he is sweating and looks in a paranoid state.

• I liked a lot Narumi's flashback in the spoiler
    mainly due to it showing that he was useless to stop these compensated dating. I still like his pose here and looks like from what the computer screen shows here, that he likes the sky/clouds perhaps sunsets.

• Is that like the Mac OS system in the spoiler
    ? It sure looks like it.

• From the looks of what Minli did to Tetsuo in the spoiler
    she's got the fighting in her and aggressive nature. Don't mess with her.

• Wow, I was totally impressed by Hiroaki's double texting on 2 phones and his business card in the spoiler
    now that looks so pro. Nice!

About Yuuko's room,
  • Yuuko's room is pretty wild in the spoiler
    her whole screen collection is worth easily over 30 000 or more dollars. There is over 30 screens perhaps less. There is also 2 ACs and one is bigger than the other. Loved Yuuko's mean look at Narumi here. I liked Yuuko's
    sudden tearing at breaking her chopsticks and Yuuko's pouting face. Yuuko's face here was just priceless.

• Apart from having all these Mac computers, it is obvious that she has a Mac laptop in the spoiler
    wow, this girl is loaded in electronics. I would feel bad if the power goes down. At least, she should be OK with a backup power supply. It cute the laptop, it has a panda design.

• Yuuko can sound analyze from the looks of the spoiler
    in fact I wonder how many programs of FBI equal quality she has in her computer.

• Yuuko also has control of the camera around her place in the spoiler
    now that is rather neat because you can't sneak up on her.

• Counted 84 cans of Dokupe in the spoiler
    OMG, that is insane stacking in the fridge! Reminds me when I stack like 14 2 liters of ice tea, ROFL!

About second part,

About the preview,
  • There is a rather strange man in the spoiler
    wonder what his involvement is.

• Oh more Yuuko MOE in the spoiler
    well that shall be interesting.
Long list but some points are interesting to say the least.
Yumekichi11Jul 2, 2011 11:21 PM

Jul 2, 2011 10:13 PM

Apr 2009
Who did J.C. Staff outsource the animation to? Both the art and animation are actually really impressive!
Jul 2, 2011 10:17 PM
Mar 2010
Unfortunately, I've only watched half the episode, but a few things,

Art looks a lot like Hanasaku Iroha (Narumi almost reminds me of Ko, a bit of Minko in Miku (guessing thats her name)). This makes sense, since the character designs were all done by the same person. Learning things every day. (This is a good thing, since it looks pretty great so far.)

Strangely enough, the first 12 minutes really reminded me of some SHAFT, too, especially after having just finished Denpa recently. Quick angle shifts? I don't know, probably me going dumb at 1 AM in the morning.

Looking foward to the second half to see how this thing ends. (Yes, gg subs.)

Was it just me or was that turning scene when the computers go on really odd to watch?
Jul 2, 2011 10:35 PM

Oct 2010
Yumekichi11 said:

Yes they could call the police, what guarantees that the guy will still be there.

Well, i thinking more of like "Hey i think i guy is getting it on with an underage and here... could you please follow up" kinda conversation withe the police and then let them do all the breaking and all that jazz.
I agree on the jump, it was out instinct. Still the point im trying to make is that both could have gotten seriously injured, if not worst.
Anyways I haven't watched the rest so i really shouldn't jump conclusion just yet, maybe they where looking for something else as well.
huh?
Jul 2, 2011 11:01 PM

Dec 2010
HawthorneKitty said:

Meh, I kill like, what? A million a night?
Jul 2, 2011 11:02 PM

Sep 2008
241 children died from poverty while you watched this episode.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 2, 2011 11:12 PM
Jun 2008
nothing much happen in the first episode. The atmosphere of this Anime is a bit very gloomy~~

wakakkaka ramen without the noodle, I wonder what naruto will say bout this = =
Jul 2, 2011 11:21 PM

Oct 2010
choyos said:
Yumekichi11 said:
According to the following spoiler
the situation looks to me like this girl wants to do compensate dating and that guy wants to stop her. In fact he got beaten for it and it is a dangerous job because no one knows who the client may be nor if he has a weapon. It is a noble task to stop pedophile IRL or to stop girls you know from selling themselves.
This I found strange. If I recall correctly in Japan, if a girl prostitute herself, the only person going to jail would be the one acquiring the service. I find it strange in an anime which (so far) selling point is the use rational/intelligence of characters, they never consider calling the police to deal with the guy. Further information could have been squeeze from him later on but by putting himself on that situation he got hurt (could have been worst) and the other girl jumped out of the window (I wonder if it wasn't just suicide and she just got lucky).
NO she jumped out of the window because of perhaps PTSD after she saw that guy being hit by that pedo guy, she panicked at the site of the way he looked with that bloody ashtray.

Yes they could call the police, what guarantees that the guy will still be there.
choyos said:
Yumekichi11 said:

Well, i thinking more of like "Hey i think i guy is getting it on with an underage and here... could you please follow up" kinda conversation withe the police and then let them do all the breaking and all that jazz.
That would still involve holding down the guy. Giving out a pic of this guy in Tokyo may prove hard to get him. Chikans are easier to get in trains because you have police as soon as the train stops. Not in this situation but yeah I agree with you that sometimes it's better to leave to cops.

Jul 3, 2011 12:02 AM

Jun 2008
i watched only 5 minutes skipping most of the episode, cant say i find this very interesting... why cant they have some older more mature characters in these sort of anime? why must it always be high school kids for every single anime? why cant they seem to do anything different? where is the originality?!?!
Jul 3, 2011 12:59 AM

Mar 2011
It's been a while since an anime has had me this hooked in the first episode. :D
Jul 3, 2011 1:07 AM

Jan 2010
I'm about 5 minutes into the episode, and I've seen the glasses guy with the gun for a total of about 3 seconds.

I despise him completely already.
Jul 3, 2011 1:08 AM

Aug 2010
Very good first episode!
This one looks pretty promising.
shadesofblack07 said:
It's been a while since an anime has had me this hooked in the first episode. :D

^ This
Jul 3, 2011 1:16 AM

Feb 2010
really liked the first ep.
Jul 3, 2011 1:49 AM

Sep 2010
The moment I saw a kawaii neet girl I was hooked lol.
Jul 3, 2011 2:13 AM

Jan 2011
I think I'm hooked too, but I've got a question. What are all those scenes and spoilers that weren't in the 24 minutes of the show I saw? Was this a double episode and the anime providers I use just didn't get the second half?
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Jul 3, 2011 2:15 AM

Dec 2010
Yes
Jul 3, 2011 3:07 AM

Jun 2009
Only a light novel could make a synopsis as intriguing as Lain's into something as tedious as this.
Jul 3, 2011 3:21 AM

May 2009
Hmm hmm~~ Interesting interesting....
the first half bored me. Though it had a few interesting bits here and there. The second part was pretty good. Yuuko (Alice) is very interesting... I am really liking her so far....

I will definitely keep watching, for now. Might have something...might not... too early to tell...
Nana-chiiJul 3, 2011 3:27 AM
Jul 3, 2011 3:54 AM
Apr 2011
Is this an hour long show we only got 30 minutes of it, where the other half...
Jul 3, 2011 5:03 AM

Aug 2009
mrSmiles said:
i watched only 5 minutes skipping most of the episode, cant say i find this very interesting... why cant they have some older more mature characters in these sort of anime? why must it always be high school kids for every single anime? why cant they seem to do anything different? where is the originality?!?!

You started watching a JC Staff anime and you expected something original?
Oh you.
Jul 3, 2011 5:19 AM

Oct 2009
It's... okay.

By the way, I watched the pre-aired episode that was subbed by gg and they didn't capture the preview. http://imgboot.com/images/zad1111/sp1.jpg was from the preview right?

Had a Lain/Gosick/DRRR! feeling.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 3, 2011 5:21 AM

Jun 2008
RandyW88 said:
Is this an hour long show we only got 30 minutes of it, where the other half...

It's actually 48 minutes (watched the RAW) don't know why GG decided to split this, it just ruins the continuity.

Of course the 1st half is boring, it's Character introductions.. why do people hate character introductions, would it make it more interesting that we jump into the actions with faceless characters instead?

Yanoflies said:
It's... okay.

By the way, I watched the pre-aired episode that was subbed by gg and they didn't capture the preview. http://imgboot.com/images/zad1111/sp1.jpg was from the preview right?

No it's not, this "half" part 1, is actually half of the whole episode, which is 48 minutes. gg decided to split them for unknown reasons. That scene you showed is at the final minutes of the whole episode

Visit this blog That I'm working with my friend
http://randomnessthing.com/
Jul 3, 2011 6:25 AM

Sep 2010
This is so much better than Hidan no Aria last season, J.C. Staff is back with their regular way of doing good shows like they did with Toaru Majutsu no Index.
Still, it lacks a bit of originality: Neet-sama resembles Victorique from Gosick and it is both about detectives. And Alice looks even more like Victorique with those goth clothing on. Also the art is exact the same style as in Toaru Majutsu no Index II, but I don't think that's bad because that was pretty great.

Overall a great show and this 50 minute episodes dragged me into the story, maybe other studios should let their anime start this way as a way too to attract more people to watch further. I hope it's gonna be 2 seasons long. Unfortunately episode 2 will air in two weeks so basically this means that this were actually the first 2 episodes.
Jul 3, 2011 6:52 AM

Aug 2010
I wasn't going to watch this but it looks interesting so I'll give it a chance.
Jul 3, 2011 7:01 AM

Jan 2008
Quite liked the first episode. Alice = almost Victorique, but since I loove Victorique I like Alice too. Not really hooked or anything yet though. Will however continue watching this.
first impression + screenshots

Also for the people who've only seen half, EveTaku has the whole episode subbed (In one piece)
Jul 3, 2011 7:27 AM
Oct 2009
This is like Gosick, but with real detective work, a less idiotic male lead, better side characters, solutions that don't come out of nowhere... Actually, scratch that. This is like what I expected Gosick to be at first (plus loli detectives, of course), so I'll probably love it much more. Also, about 72 children died from poverty while I was writing this.
Jul 3, 2011 7:33 AM

Apr 2010
This is pretty interesting and i wonder how the rest of this will turn out.
The main character is pretty typical for this kind of anime but i think in this case that is the best for detective work you need someone that doesn't stand out.
The girl who called herself a need detective was also pretty interesting tho she needs to come out of that room from time to time staying in there is bad for her health.
I also wonder what her electricity bill looks like at the end of the month.

The girl from school was pretty forceful and i found it interesting that she knew what that of guy the main character is usually people aren't interested in people who don't stand out.
I also like the know what more she would at to the show.
And i feel sorry for the girl in the hotel she was helping out solving that case and she ended up half naked on the street which seemed to be very hard on her.
Those guys should shame on themselves for making a girl do that kind of thing, and the guy who was taking pictures on the street needs a good beating.
Jul 3, 2011 7:41 AM

May 2010
Look like it will be interesting, though I can't say too much since it's by J.C. Staff. Just hoping it doesn't turn into shit like Ookami-san or rather, cause this really has potential to be a decent show.

Liked the fact that it started with a missing persons (suicide) case, could mean there's some really good cases down the track.
Jul 3, 2011 7:51 AM
Jun 2008
I still kinda confuse why Shouko want to become prostitute just to hurt herself.Her parent and friend always expect her to be perfectionist... but does being a prostitute will help her release her from the suffer?
Did I miss hear that Shouko's corpse doesn't have the sign Livor mortis when it is found...
sigh...i really need a sub for this sort of Anime ,maybe i just read for the discussion in the forum instead of re-watch -.-"
MorningGloryJul 3, 2011 7:55 AM
Jul 3, 2011 7:56 AM

Mar 2011
Where could I see part 2 of this?
Courtesy of Paul
Jul 3, 2011 8:02 AM

May 2010
Right when Alice puts on her lolita clothing, I thought of Sunako from Shiki and Ai from HellGirl - she seems like a combination of both, so I'm liking her so far.

Anywho - Interesting first episode - characters seem pretty likeable, none of them seem ridiculously useless(so far). Animation & music are pretty good aswell. Looking forward to see how this show continues.
Jul 3, 2011 8:13 AM

Oct 2010
Miora-san said:

wondering the same thing... only seen the first part :/
Jul 3, 2011 8:23 AM

Nov 2007
Here

Not liking Alice for this ver. As I expected, drama CD ver. is better.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Jul 3, 2011 8:24 AM

Sep 2010
hayato123 said:
Miora-san said:

EveTaku subs has subbed the whole episode, it's available via a their website, just google it.
Jul 3, 2011 8:29 AM

Mar 2011
Ovindel said:
hayato123 said:
Miora-san said:

EveTaku subs has subbed the whole episode, it's available via a their website, just google it.

Gotta say thanks again~ THANKS!!
Courtesy of Paul
Jul 3, 2011 9:03 AM

Aug 2009
Correct me if I'm wrong...

So Shouko committed suicide because of pressures living up to everyone's expectations. She started hurting herself at first by doing prostitution, however I'm confused about how her BF Satoshi plays a role in this. She says "I've been defiled. I defiled myself for him.". It seems Satoshi genuinely loves her, trying to preserve her body with ice and all.

I don't know. Any thoughts?
Jul 3, 2011 9:31 AM

Oct 2010
Ovindel said:
Also the art is exact the same style as in Toaru Majutsu no Index II, but I don't think that's bad because that was pretty great.
Really? That's nice and I did not notice that at all.
Ovindel said:
Overall a great show and this 50 minute episodes dragged me into the story, maybe other studios should let their anime start this way as a way too to attract more people to watch further. I hope it's gonna be 2 seasons long. Unfortunately episode 2 will air in two weeks so basically this means that this were actually the first 2 episodes.
In fact though about it last night and I think it would be a excellent way to sell BDs/DVDs.

Jul 3, 2011 9:32 AM

Oct 2009
J.C.Staff does a LOT of butchering with their shows recently, but this one has a lot of potential.

So far, this is a VERY GOOD introduction episode. Looking forward to episode two two weeks from now. (This is the pre-airing sadly.)

(I've watched the one in animedreaming.tv and looking at the comments here, I think I did miss stuff from the first episode.)

Jul 3, 2011 9:33 AM

Nov 2008
It's ok, a good mix of serious and fanservice fluff, the characters are average though.

I'll see a few more episodes before I reach a decision to keep watching or not.

Jul 3, 2011 9:37 AM

Oct 2010
toneytigre said:
So Shouko committed suicide because of pressures living up to everyone's expectations.
A lot of times this is done indeed to relieve pressure permanently. When you cannot do anything else but to suicide yourself. Personally I see a pressure problem in Japanese society and I see the escape being rather narrow and hard to escape from. It's a fact that Japanese people have lots more pressure than even New York city workers.
toneytigre said:
She started hurting herself at first by doing prostitution,
I think it's not hurt but she though of that at first maybe in regards to her virginity. IMO sex is more than anything a pressure relief means.
toneytigre said:
however I'm confused about how her BF Satoshi plays a role in this. She says "I've been defiled. I defiled myself for him.". It seems Satoshi genuinely loves her, trying to preserve her body with ice and all.

The death medium by ice is more than anything a means to show how cold she was towards him. The preserving body would apply in this case only to a freezer scenario should it involve ice. I think on what she said (I only watched RAW but shall watch again soon with subs) means more than anything that she challenged her BFs patience and in the end it got him depressed (that I proved already).
toneytigre said:
I don't know. Any thoughts?
I got some quite good thoughts and let more discussions stem out.

Pages (7) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kamisama no Memochou Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Sep 2, 2011

73 by Selleri_UmU »»
Apr 3, 9:22 PM

» Alice, I cant understand her.

Playcool - Jun 5, 2016

3 by GearheadOtaku »»
Nov 4, 2023 7:13 PM

» When they make season 2 of Kamisama no Memochou

Sugram22 - Aug 30, 2013

20 by GearheadOtaku »»
Oct 12, 2023 7:03 PM

Poll: » Kamisama no Memochou Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

tsubasalover - Sep 23, 2011

212 by GearheadOtaku »»
Oct 12, 2023 6:37 PM

Poll: » Kamisama no Memochou Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Sep 16, 2011

74 by Gator »»
Jul 22, 2023 3:17 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.