Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Jun 26, 2011 3:11 PM

Dec 2010
FINALLY some worthy progression on the mother front, was about time. Hopefully they continue that route and don't waste too much time on stuff like beach episodes. *sigh*
Jun 26, 2011 4:02 PM

May 2009
The episode was perfection. It was really endearing, particularly the bonding session that last night between daughter, mother and grandmother. Keep the soda away from Ohana.
Jun 26, 2011 4:16 PM

Jul 2009
ArcticMech said:
It was really endearing, particularly the bonding session that last night between daughter, mother and grandmother.

My name's BitchMaster and I... approve this message ( ゚ヮ゚) b

If he's not with us, he's AGAINST us!!!

Jun 26, 2011 4:25 PM

Dec 2010
Quote of the week! :D
Jun 26, 2011 4:31 PM

May 2009
BitchMaster said:
ArcticMech said:
It was really endearing, particularly the bonding session that last night between daughter, mother and grandmother.

LOL. So would Jiroumaru I suppose.
Jun 26, 2011 4:41 PM

Aug 2010
Next episode is going to be beastly kekeke
Jun 26, 2011 5:00 PM

Oct 2010
ArcticMech said:
BitchMaster said:
ArcticMech said:
LOL. So would Jiroumaru I suppose.
It's supposed to be bondage and I am not sure Sui can at her age enjoy that. Better not risk it some say for causing a death to someone through a mere game is something that will be stuck in your mind forever.

Getting on the fetish, anyone find Satsuki's feet, delicious? There was quite a lot of them and TBH next week there will be more of the other girls.

So far, Sora's feet >>>>>>>>>any girl. Sora's feet from Yosuga no Sora in instant meltdown.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Jun 26, 2011 5:10 PM

Sep 2010
I don't know if I can last twice as much as I have already gone through.
Jun 26, 2011 5:36 PM

Feb 2010
Great episode. I loved the interaction of the three generations...

as usual... imma say it need more Tohru.
Jun 26, 2011 5:59 PM

Jan 2011
13man18 said:
She must be really weak, getting drunk just by soda.

Would it be weird if I say the same happens to me when I have too much soda...? xD;;

anywho, LOL at the slapping scene, so random yet funny xDDD

well, next episode is the beach episode 8D ..wooo!! swimsuits!!!
Jun 26, 2011 7:43 PM

Jul 2008
Orulyon said:
wait...isnt something wrong here? it was her who dumped Ko, not Ko who dumped her!

Not really but I can understand why you though so.

Ohana understood that she was actually making Ko's love unrequited by not giving him an answer, she think that she hurt him and caused him many problems.
She think her love is half assed, she think that she isn't worth him at least for now so she asked him to not follow her.
Ko said alright to not following her which can be understood as a rejection.

Ko obviously like her, the problem is that Ohana isn't able to properly say what she think because she think that she'll cause trouble.
Jun 26, 2011 7:50 PM
Nov 2010
At this point I don't really care how the whole Ko situation works out, but she needs to tell him SOMETHING either way. It drives me crazy that she has all these internal dialogues about her and Ko, but when they get together there are hardly any words exchanged and Ohana plays out her story in her mind.

Think about what kind of response Ko actually got from Ohana. She said pretty much nothing of consequence to him, then ran off - again, leaving him in limbo. Even if YOU think it's over, have the common courtesy to tell the other person. Ko still put the confession out there and there should be some sort of definitive answer either way (and no, yelling it to the sky doesn't count).

I still like the show but Ohana is getting on my nerves because of things like this.
Jun 26, 2011 7:53 PM

Feb 2008
I don't think it will over for Ohana & Ko but the story is not really focus on romance what someone said here.
She even said that she won't give up Ko so the romance between them will still continue.
There is about 13 episodes left!
She won't go back to Tokyo.

I am really like this episode thought, love Ohana mother.
Drunk for just soda?
I am drinking a lot of Soda won't get drunk for just that lol.
Probably soda with a little alcohol, I wonder if it's even possible to get drunk by soda.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Jun 26, 2011 8:07 PM

Feb 2011
Interpert this however you guys want, but this is my take on it:

"I'm not giving up." = well...not giving up

"I don't want to keep him at my beck and call anymore." = I know I've got to let it go.

Now, "giving up" and "letting go" are two TOTALLY DIFFERENT THINGS.

Giving up is when you know there is no chance. Basically: OH SCREW IT, IT AIN'T GONNA WORK. I'MA RETURN TO MY ROOM AND CRY MY EYES OUT.

And letting go is: I know know I love him and he loves me. But its not going to work because instead of doing us both good, I would only end up hurting him and he hurting me. Its best to let it go while we're both still on good terms.

I think that's what Ohana meant. She's not giving up Ko, because she knows its better to let him go. Because deep down, she knows they'll just end up hurting each other.

Anyway, that's just my take on it.
Jun 26, 2011 8:28 PM

Nov 2009
That's Japanese culture. They tend to take career over relationships, and both sides tend to understand each other.

Love hate relationships, I never really get tired of them.
Jun 26, 2011 8:58 PM

Jul 2010
How is it possible for Ohana to get drunk just from drinking soda? That's just weird.
Jun 26, 2011 9:05 PM

Nov 2010
Bean man blushes to a guy hugging him, weird. Getting drunk from soda, wondering how its even possible. So much for Ko's chance of being with Ohana, that idea just went down and will probably not come back.
Jun 26, 2011 9:41 PM

Aug 2009
Am I the only one who loved Renji's grin at Tomoe scolding the pervert?
Jun 26, 2011 9:48 PM

Oct 2010
AstuteOtaku said:
Nope! I noticed it too. Seems he might like MILFs like Satsuki or has a similar fetish to collarbones like Mr. Novelist.

Jun 26, 2011 9:56 PM

Feb 2010
Glad to see the family are starting to get over their issues. Key word being "starting", but nothing like that is ever solved quickly.

The mother seems interesting. I'd probably like her a lot more if she weren't so annoying.
Jun 26, 2011 10:54 PM

Nov 2010
How many times did he get slapped?
Jun 26, 2011 11:16 PM

Jul 2009
ayeyosteven said:
How many times did he get slapped?

So as far as I can tell, Itou Kanae voiced young Satsuki, and Honda Takako voiced young Sui. Great way of showing how the mothers and daughters are alike.
arsonalJun 26, 2011 11:20 PM
On Moderating: Building a more complete anime database.
Spica: Anime, manga, idols.
Jun 26, 2011 11:58 PM

Sep 2009
heart warming eps

can't wait for next week

Nako ~~
Jun 27, 2011 3:24 AM

Feb 2011
Now it looks over between Ohana and Ko possible for Ohana to end up with no one like her mother.
Jun 27, 2011 7:46 AM
Apr 2010
Hmm, i wonder with they will ever mention about ohana's dad since the mom doesnt look like one to keep a relationship.
Jun 27, 2011 9:08 AM
Nov 2008
One minor thing that bugs me about this show (probably the only thing actually), people are really quick to forgive. Ohana didn't exactly come to the inn with open arms, but within a few episodes she was everyone's favorite. Now Satsuki comes along, the daughter who was disowned by her mother, and in a matter of hours, everything is fine and dandy as if that was never the case. It's not gonna make or break anything for the series, just seems kind of silly.
Jun 27, 2011 9:14 AM

Jul 2010
Wonderful episode and caps off the first half really well. I'm expecting a new opening next. :D
Jun 27, 2011 9:18 AM

Apr 2010
Iilia said:
Aversa said:
Depends how you look on it she was drinking soda's after all.
Tho in my country Ohana is old enough to drink alcohol so from that perspective i don't consider her underage.
Wait, isn't Ohana 16? In what country can you drink at 16? o.O
There several country's that allow you to drink at the age of 16 there are even some country's that don't have a law about drinking age at all.
And some country's like mine have a age that you need to be in order to by alcohol but no age for drinking it.
There huge differences between drinking laws between country's and there is even a Wikipedia page about it.

Keep in mind that in most country's without a drinking law it's still considered taboo for young children to drink alcohol and it's generally up to the guardian wether children are allowed to drink or not.
Jun 27, 2011 1:40 PM

Feb 2010
alrite looking forward to that fan service ep, looks like it that way anyways
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 27, 2011 2:48 PM

Nov 2007
Yumekichi11 said:
Well that was pretty wild of Satsuki to do to Nako in the following,

almost a yuri kiss there but we all know Satsuki is such a MILF tease.

She was not going to kiss her there. She's just seeing her beautiful eyes and was praising her (+ getting near and take a closer look more).
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Jun 27, 2011 3:13 PM

Oct 2010
tsubasalover said:
Yumekichi11 said:
Well that was pretty wild of Satsuki to do to Nako in the following,

almost a yuri kiss there but we all know Satsuki is such a MILF tease.

She was not going to kiss her there. She's just seeing her beautiful eyes and was praising her (+ getting near and take a closer look more).
Oh silly you dear, I know but it was so close the tendency was just there. I would not say the same for Satsuki being drunk though. Just saying there was a tendency in there.

Still Nako's reaction was priceless.

Jun 27, 2011 4:55 PM

Nov 2007
Ohana's mother confirmed for best character and SUPER MILF. she was even awesome as a killed pushing around her pathetic little brother. Ohana should go back to Tokyo with her awesome Mom.

I don't get it Ko never rejected her, if anything she rejected him. he waited months for an answer and never got one. if he did get with the bookstore girl he had every right. Ohana just used him. still how did he "dump" her? it makes NO SENSE.

Ko needs to get his balls back and if he wants her back GO TO THE INN this time and talk to her and not take the train back. he had some balls when he confessed he needs to find them again, though he's better off without her unless she ends up look as hot as her mom one day.
Jun 27, 2011 5:46 PM

Jan 2010
AWWW, this episode just..completely shattered everything. So Ko is..basically out of the story now isn't he? :[[[[
Jun 27, 2011 5:51 PM

Aug 2010
Ohana's mom young was pretty hot, haha.

So, Ko is going to be out of the show for a while, at least.
Jun 27, 2011 6:14 PM

Apr 2010
Great episode. That is the end of Part 1. Part 2 starts next week. I love the Recap of part one in the ending song. Looks like things will get more interesting from here on out.
Jun 27, 2011 7:17 PM

Jan 2010
That slap session was epic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jun 27, 2011 7:27 PM

Aug 2009
Yumekichi11 said:
AstuteOtaku said:
Nope! I noticed it too. Seems he might like MILFs like Satsuki or has a similar fetish to collarbones like Mr. Novelist.

Hmm, maybe we will eventually get insight into Mr. Renji's more "personal" details.
Jun 27, 2011 9:42 PM

Nov 2009
Maybe I'm just being too hopeful, but I don't think that Ko is out of the picture. At least, I hope not. As long as Ohana doesn't end up with Tohru, then I'm good. Those slaps were hilarious! xD The best part about this episode was definitely the drinking scene though.

What "Adolescence" do you have?
Do you remember "Childhood"?
The irreplaceable one existed there.

Jun 27, 2011 10:14 PM

Jan 2011
Aversa said:
Iilia said:
Aversa said:
Depends how you look on it she was drinking soda's after all.
Tho in my country Ohana is old enough to drink alcohol so from that perspective i don't consider her underage.
Wait, isn't Ohana 16? In what country can you drink at 16? o.O
There several country's that allow you to drink at the age of 16 there are even some country's that don't have a law about drinking age at all.
And some country's like mine have a age that you need to be in order to by alcohol but no age for drinking it.
There huge differences between drinking laws between country's and there is even a Wikipedia page about it.

Keep in mind that in most country's without a drinking law it's still considered taboo for young children to drink alcohol and it's generally up to the guardian wether children are allowed to drink or not.

The outliers are countries that ban alchohol all together (hard line Islamic), or restrict it to over 21. I think if you did a poll you'd find the mode is probably a drinking age of 18. In many European countries it is 16 (or just not enforced). If you live in one of the more restrictive countries you have my sympathies, you probably have to put up with a lot of other moral insanity as well.

This is another restriction that is driven more by cultural/religious factors than by anything else, but if you are raised in that society you probably think it's the norm world-wide. This comes up a lot less in anime discussions than the obvious different attitudes towards sex between Japan and the USA (making the dubious assumption that the largest number of people on MAL are probably from the US).
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Jun 27, 2011 11:12 PM
Sep 2007
Ohana's mother will never be as great as her mother - manager, I mean.
Nice try, Satsuki.
Jun 28, 2011 4:35 AM

May 2010
Is Ohana really 16? She looks like she is 11.

who seriously gets drunk over soda?
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Jun 28, 2011 5:07 AM
Dec 2008
I love the overall atmosphere of this episode it's just the slice of life I was looking for. The highlight of this episode was undoubtedly the drinking session, that's quality family bonding right there. And I think it's pretty damn obvious whose advice Ohana is gonna take concerning her problems with Ko.
Jun 28, 2011 9:24 AM

Jul 2009
DORAMA!

I'm itching to see Ohana and Ko together by the end here... >:*(
Don't forget.
Always, somewhere,
someone is fighting for you.
As long as you remember her,
you are not alone.
Jun 28, 2011 9:37 AM
Jan 2009
loved the episode...

and will definitely love the next episode ^^,

(- -,)
7 7
Jun 28, 2011 12:09 PM

Jul 2010
Great episode. I love how the whole family came together. Even the landlady loosened up a bit! Drunk Ohana was funny, even though it was only soda she consumed. xD

Who else got drunk over carbonated drinks? Can't remember what character or series it was. >.<

Ohana realized her new life is at the inn and she's gotten over Kouichi. For now at least. Beach episode promises to be good as well. Looks like Minko doesn't want to be seen in her misugi by Tohru. =P
OnyxthegreatJun 28, 2011 12:13 PM

Jun 28, 2011 12:57 PM
Apr 2010
Everything mashed up and interlaced and pieced in one episode. my head hurts...

Oh, and 5/5
Jun 28, 2011 5:52 PM

Apr 2009
Hurrrr next ep.

Nice family ep.
Jun 28, 2011 7:34 PM

Jun 2010
When Ohana said "see ya" to Ko cried and then slapped her face,it made me think that she's one of the best characters I've seen.

This scene is so touching. The family has finally reunited. loved it. and why does it seem like the final ep??
Jun 29, 2011 12:56 AM

May 2011
ohana is getting annoying :/ ....but I still liked the episode. The grandma's fierce lightning speed slap made this episode. :)
strawhatmonkeyAug 19, 2011 8:43 PM
Jun 29, 2011 1:18 AM

Jul 2010
yellowbuds said:
This scene is so touching. The family has finally reunited. loved it. and why does it seem like the final ep??
Yeah it's like the end of an arc. =)

Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hanasaku Iroha Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Sep 25, 2011

328 by Jax »»
May 5, 12:11 AM

Poll: » Hanasaku Iroha Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

metalsnakezero - Apr 17, 2011

256 by kirA_-_ »»
Apr 22, 1:00 PM

Poll: » Hanasaku Iroha Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

ImNotLulexiaa - Sep 18, 2011

110 by Lazulite »»
Jan 11, 11:08 AM

Poll: » Hanasaku Iroha Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Jrittmayer - Sep 11, 2011

120 by Lazulite »»
Jan 11, 10:40 AM

Poll: » Hanasaku Iroha Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

zimno - Sep 4, 2011

122 by Lazulite »»
Jan 10, 12:46 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.