MyAnimeList.net

Forums

Recent Posts | My Watched Topics | My Ignored Topics | Search

Fractale and Hourou Musuko Mark Record Low Rating

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
 
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
#1
03-25-11, 10:24 AM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 4489
Yamamoto Koji, the producer of Notiamina, tweeted that the TV rating of Fractale and Hourou Musuko episode 10 has marked record low of all the Noitamina titles. (0.9% by an unconfirmed source) Yamamoto said the producer himself was solely responsible for the low rating.

Ref. the rating of other Noitamina programs
Higashi no Eden ep 1: 5.7%
Nodame Cantabile Paris Chapter ep 9: 6.6%
Tokyo Magnitude 8.0 ep 1: 5.8%

Source: Yamamoto's twitter
 
#2
03-25-11, 10:29 AM

Offline
Joined: May 2008
Posts: 11708
Wow. too bad Yamamoto Koji :(

 
#3
03-25-11, 10:29 AM

Offline
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 2075
Personally, in my opinion, Fractale is a great series, it's just that the art is so 2004 and below-ish for a 2011 airing shows. While Hourou Musuko on the other hand, is really interesting though i bet kids people in ages 10 and up who watches it in Japan find it boring hence, the low rating :D

EDIT:
Need to edit my PERSONAL opinion because a certain user has an issue with it >_>
Modified by Aezile, 03-25-11, 11:03 AM

-- I'm looking for "The One" and I'll find her more quickly if I audition two at a time. Think you can do better? --
-- The World God Only Knows -- Toaru Majutsu no Index -- Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai --
 
#4
03-25-11, 10:32 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 2152
Doesn't really surprise me. Hourou Musuko is an amazing shows and Japan fails to recognize these.
Dat non-functional bbcode
 
#5
03-25-11, 10:35 AM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 4533
Aren't large parts of Japan without power still and focusing on other things? How do these numbers compare to other shows airing this week?
 
#6
03-25-11, 10:36 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 1555
Sucks cause they're both really good shows.
 
#7
03-25-11, 10:37 AM

Offline
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 969
Aezile said:
Personally, in my opinion, Fractale is a great series, it's just that the art is so 2004 and below-ish for a 2011 airing shows. While Hourou Musuko on the other hand, is really interesting though i bet kids in Japan find it boring hence, the low rating :D


Yes, because kids watch TV at 1:30 AM. Hourou Musuko is made for adults, not children.
 
#8
03-25-11, 10:39 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 134
Does this dude not realize most of his country is in emergency status and occupied with other things at the moment?
 
#9
03-25-11, 10:43 AM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 4970
Arcadies said:
Does this dude not realize most of his country is in emergency status and occupied with other things at the moment?


what i was going to say. also the subject matter might turn people off given what is happening right now.
 
03-25-11, 10:44 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 16631
Arcadies said:
Does this dude not realize most of his country is in emergency status and occupied with other things at the moment?


Excluding the radiation pollution of the food and water supply, Only 30-35% of the country is in the crisis area.


 
03-25-11, 10:57 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 1613
Hoppy said:
Arcadies said:
Does this dude not realize most of his country is in emergency status and occupied with other things at the moment?


Excluding the radiation pollution of the food and water supply, Only 30-35% of the country is in the crisis area.

And 30-35% is a lot of people.

From what I can tell though, the power rationing is effecting the entire countrys power. If I'm wrong about that please let me know.
 
03-25-11, 11:01 AM

Offline
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 2075
viral_hun said:
Yes, because kids watch TV at 1:30 AM. Hourou Musuko is made for adults, not children.

Well, so-rry. Firstly, define ADULT. Secondly, I don't know what time it airs and i should have change it to ages 10 and up, also, the thing you said that it's MADE for adults, the middle school-vibe gives me the thought that it's for that age. You don't need to be like that, geez >_>
Modified by Aezile, 03-25-11, 11:05 AM

-- I'm looking for "The One" and I'll find her more quickly if I audition two at a time. Think you can do better? --
-- The World God Only Knows -- Toaru Majutsu no Index -- Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai --
 
03-25-11, 11:05 AM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 6797
Iisan-kun said:
viral_hun said:
Aezile said:
Personally, in my opinion, Fractale is a great series, it's just that the art is so 2004 and below-ish for a 2011 airing shows. While Hourou Musuko on the other hand, is really interesting though i bet kids in Japan find it boring hence, the low rating :D


Yes, because kids watch TV at 1:30 AM. Hourou Musuko is made for adults, not children.


This is noitaminA block, as far as I know it airs in prime time. This is the only reason why ratings matter while DVD/Blu-ray sales don't unlike any other anime which airs after midnight.


sory your wrong
it aires - Thursday nights from 24:45 to 25:45 (or 00:45 to 1:45 Friday morning). that is why it's josie and senien .


also this is sad i like fractal
 
03-25-11, 11:07 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 3481
wow that's definitely too bad
 
03-25-11, 11:09 AM

Offline
Joined: May 2010
Posts: 2418
Kinda not good to hear.

They're both doing great but too bad only few people watches those shows.
 
03-25-11, 11:23 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2008
Posts: 549
I could've expected it from whore'o musuko, but it's kinda shockign coming from fractale.
Although I can understand it having a not-so-broad fanbase, first few episodes weren't so great.
 
03-25-11, 11:27 AM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 152
I really like Fractale. It's one of my favorite series in this season. It's kind of sad to hear the low rating.
 
03-25-11, 11:29 AM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 90
if you ask me, fractale is one heck of a great anime. while hourou.. well sorry I dropped it even before it started: "a young boy named Shuuichi Nitori who wants to be a girl, and his friend Yoshino Takatsuki, a girl who wants to be a boy", no seriously? I don't even...
 
03-25-11, 11:43 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2007
Posts: 225
Goddammit.
I don't think Fractale is great and I even don't really like it THAT much but imo it's still a much better show than most of the crap which got released through the last few years. There were only maybe 4 shows in 2010 I would consider as ok.

Let me guess: incest bulemic anime and IS are successfull? xD
 
03-25-11, 11:50 AM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 205
Hourou Musuko was my fav this season!, that and kimi ni todoke

fractale is boring imo


Follow me on Twitter - http://twitter.com/TeaAnyOne91

 
03-25-11, 12:06 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2008
Posts: 676
BS on Fractale, that show is pretty awesome.
 
03-25-11, 12:06 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2009
Posts: 430
Fractale has too many boring eps, or fillers, whatever you want to call them:
- a girl playing hide and seek,
- hacking board computer with an iPod,
- loitering around in a digital city,
- watching the laundry dry...
This is not how an interesting plot goes. And the "bad" characters are shown so rarely I barely know who's who. No wonder it didn't sell.

And, finally, Nessa is freaking annoying. I know most of you like her, but I just can't stand another series which is that much centered on a little brat. The fact that she has the voice similar to Yui's makes it even worse.

Fractale would be better if it had 6 episodes. Like Aim for the Top! series.
Modified by fri, 03-26-11, 1:30 AM
 
03-25-11, 12:06 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 531
I'm not surprised. Fractale is terrible and Hourou Musuko is not in everybody's tastes.
 
03-25-11, 12:06 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 78
The reason why Hourou Musuko is getting such shit ratings is because it IS shit. It skips the first 4 volumes of the manga, cuts a bunch of stuff from the parts it does cover and won't be covering the newest arc. Do yourselves a favor and read the INFINITELY superior manga.
As for Fractale... Japan is nuts, that show is awesome.
 
03-25-11, 12:11 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 647
Sucks, because those two series are probably my favorite this season. :/
 
03-25-11, 12:25 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2010
Posts: 34
Aezile said:
... it's just that the art is so 2004...


That's actually one of the points why I like Fractale.

 
03-25-11, 12:27 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 11375
They deserve this!

 
03-25-11, 12:37 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2008
Posts: 1661
first it was saraiya goyou, and now this. I think noitama may be slipping down in popularity...?
"...our faces marked by toil, by deceptions, by success, by love; our weary eyes looking still, looking always, looking anxiously for something out of life, that while it is expected is already gone – has passed unseen, in a sigh, in a flash – together with the youth, with the strength, with the romance of illusions.” - Joseph Conrad ('Youth')
 
03-25-11, 12:38 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 817
As for why ratings matter, higher ratings = more money from the TV station as it airs, and high ratings generally lead to stronger DVD sales.

The problem with Fractale was the weak start, putting many off it.

Hourou Musuko ASSUMES you are familiar with the manga, and goes right in. However, without reading the manga I found the show to be excellently made, and the low ratings may also be due to them condensing eps 10+11 into one episode. I'll have to wait for the full episodes when they are released on DVD/BD...
 
03-25-11, 12:43 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 89
this is to be predicted. Wat with everything going on in japan as a start. For Hourou Musuko then the plot of the show may have most viewers appalled or uninterested. If someone(such as myself) was into the show, then they would have known that this episode was a big episode for the series. So the ratings are for people who are fans of the show but not many people are big fans of transgenders or the fact of it.
 
03-25-11, 12:48 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 262
Didn't find Fractale interesting at all, just plain boring.
 
03-25-11, 12:56 PM
DB Administrator
Offline
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 12818
That sucks. I think Fractale is pretty decent.
 
03-25-11, 1:05 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 585
Disappointing to hear. I don't have much of a positive opinion of Fractale and am mostly finishing it because I am a completionist, but I was really enjoying Hourou Musuko and have plans to eventually read the manga. At least this is happening toward the end of the season rather than at the beginning or in the middle, though, right?
 
03-25-11, 1:19 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 529
FFandMMfan said:
The reason why Hourou Musuko is getting such shit ratings is because it IS shit. It skips the first 4 volumes of the manga, cuts a bunch of stuff from the parts it does cover and won't be covering the newest arc. Do yourselves a favor and read the INFINITELY superior manga.
As for Fractale... Japan is nuts, that show is awesome.

The Hourou Musuko manga bored me to tears. It's one of the main reasons I couldn't start the anime. In fact Hourou Musako anime is one of the first animes in an anime season I couldn't bring myself to watch the first episode.
Because of that I can't say the anime is bad. In fact the art looks good and most likely the story is quite nice. But it's a hard anime to sell. It's really difficult to get interested in watching it. Like planetes. That's a great anime but just try to get one of your friends to watch it. You will see what I mean.

"I always take life with a grain of salt, ...plus a slice of lemon, ...and a shot of tequila."

 
03-25-11, 1:26 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 78
Numi said:
Disappointing to hear. I don't have much of a positive opinion of Fractale and am mostly finishing it because I am a completionist, but I was really enjoying Hourou Musuko and have plans to eventually read the manga. At least this is happening toward the end of the season rather than at the beginning or in the middle, though, right?


You have to read the manga BEFORE watching the anime, stupid.
 
03-25-11, 1:29 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2008
Posts: 7209
Well, Fractale is pretty boring... they seem to throw in some high tension and have it dissipate 5 minutes later.
 
03-25-11, 1:33 PM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 711
That's too bad, the only shows worth watching this season. Hopefully they don't take that as a reason to stop making non-mainstream shows. Not all of them are great but at least they try new things and thats worth more then most of the other crap we got this season.
 
03-25-11, 1:35 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2009
Posts: 2074
HM is brilliantly directed and no manga readers could convince me otherwise.

Bad as an adaptation =/= bad as a stand-alone anime.
"This Forest isn't going to reveal all its secrets for the likes of you."
 
03-25-11, 1:40 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 49
Urufuzu_rein said:
HM is brilliantly directed and no manga readers could convince me otherwise.

Bad as an adaptation =/= bad as a stand-alone anime.


I read the manga, adore it, and STILL think the anime is amazing. So not all manga readers feel that way
 
03-25-11, 1:46 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 271
FFandMMfan said:
Numi said:
Disappointing to hear. I don't have much of a positive opinion of Fractale and am mostly finishing it because I am a completionist, but I was really enjoying Hourou Musuko and have plans to eventually read the manga. At least this is happening toward the end of the season rather than at the beginning or in the middle, though, right?


You have to read the manga BEFORE watching the anime, stupid.


This might come as a surprise to you, but no he/she doesn't have to read the manga before watching the anime. The purposes of an adaptation, other than to make money with a name people are familiar, is to raise awareness for the medium it's adapted from and to present that medium in a new form. There was no cautionary message in the first episode telling viewers to go off and read the manga because the anime starts a great deal into the story. And even if there was such a warning they technically wouldn't have any obligation to adhere to it.

That said, I enjoy both these shows.When I first read Fractale's synopsis I wasn't really expecting much from it but it managed to be a pleasant watch. Hourou Musuko however, I've been reading since its earliest chapters so I was bond to like it anyway, if the presentation didn't fail. The way it starts is disappointing but that's beside the point.

Despite the circumstances in Japan likely having an effect on the ratings I'm quite curious about one other thing; why is it solely the fault of the producer?
Bored and looking for something to read? Drop by The Ward where you come to get your boredom cured.
 
03-25-11, 1:53 PM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2009
Posts: 44
Hoppy said:
Only 30-35% of the country
 
03-25-11, 2:19 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 395
Well this is bad Hourou Musuko is one of fav. i think things will get better after the situation in japan improves.
 
03-25-11, 2:20 PM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2009
Posts: 326
yeah Japan kinda broke not too long ago people not finding time for anime not all that surprising really
 
03-25-11, 2:25 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2008
Posts: 3247
Aren't blu ray sales way more important than ratings in Japan?
 
03-25-11, 2:33 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2008
Posts: 4274
GarLogan78 said:
Aren't blu ray sales way more important than ratings in Japan?

For who?

For anime producers, yes. For TV stations - ratings are more important. And noitaminA ratings get lower and lower with every new show they air. Once they get too low - that would probably mean no more noitaminA.
 
03-25-11, 2:36 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2007
Posts: 806
i HATE see eden of the east and nodame on there.

delete it. now.
 
03-25-11, 2:55 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2011
Posts: 55
I can't say that I'm surprised by this news.

Some episodes of Fractale aren't so bad, but some are awful. That's especially jarring considering that before it aired Fractale was hyped up like it was going to be amazing.

I couldn't make it through one episode of Hourou Musuko.
 
03-25-11, 2:56 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 4093
That's too bad because they're both good anime.
 
03-25-11, 3:08 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 78
Urufuzu_rein said:
HM is brilliantly directed and no manga readers could convince me otherwise.

Bad as an adaptation =/= bad as a stand-alone anime.


...You're an idiot. Yes, if something as a bad adaptation, it is a bad anime. Especially when you NEED to read the manga to even understand anything that is going on. Remember when Doi showed Shu's diary to the entire school and embarrassed him, causing him to tell him he hates him later in episode 10? Oh, right, you never saw that happen because you didn't read the fucking manga, stupid.

Damonashu said:
FFandMMfan said:
Numi said:
Disappointing to hear. I don't have much of a positive opinion of Fractale and am mostly finishing it because I am a completionist, but I was really enjoying Hourou Musuko and have plans to eventually read the manga. At least this is happening toward the end of the season rather than at the beginning or in the middle, though, right?


You have to read the manga BEFORE watching the anime, stupid.


This might come as a surprise to you, but no he/she doesn't have to read the manga before watching the anime. The purposes of an adaptation, other than to make money with a name people are familiar, is to raise awareness for the medium it's adapted from and to present that medium in a new form. There was no cautionary message in the first episode telling viewers to go off and read the manga because the anime starts a great deal into the story. And even if there was such a warning they technically wouldn't have any obligation to adhere to it.

That said, I enjoy both these shows.When I first read Fractale's synopsis I wasn't really expecting much from it but it managed to be a pleasant watch. Hourou Musuko however, I've been reading since its earliest chapters so I was bond to like it anyway, if the presentation didn't fail. The way it starts is disappointing but that's beside the point.

Despite the circumstances in Japan likely having an effect on the ratings I'm quite curious about one other thing; why is it solely the fault of the producer?


What an idiot.
 
03-25-11, 3:08 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2010
Posts: 67
This is not surprising. Hourou Musuko is a very bad adaptation. Think it like its FFXIII. Nice polished art but an empty shell. And they decided to skip stuff and its bad.

Fractale is pure shit that looks awfully outdated. They could have skipped episodes 1 to 6 it nobody would have noticed, nothing happens anyway.

So if any people are surpised by this,I,m surprised by those people.
 
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Top
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »