Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 3, 2010 8:30 PM

May 2008
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
We got the main plot like have way through the manga, but I still enjoyed the stands and the people that used them. Pretty good 8/10
Dec 25, 2012 5:45 PM

Feb 2008
I was a bit disappointed that the main story took so long to start and even when it started, it was still slow. That only means that this part shouldn't be viewed like the previous ones, where they went on an adventure, hunting the bad guy. Diamond Is Not Crash is more "Bizarre Adventures in the town of Duwang". It simply showed how bizarre that town was, and showed us the adventures of all main characters. Too bad that some characters were neglected too much, but the cast was overall likeable. It was really a bummer that Yoshikage appeared way too late, and had too few encounters with Josuke. It was nice seeing Joseph and Jotaro once again, since we probably won't see Joseph anymore.

Overall, it was pretty good and I'll probably re-read it once again when Invincible Trio finishes their job. Not that I had any problems with Duwang. It was bad, but it was readable. I was thinking about skipping this part because I heard the translation was terrible, but I'm glad I didn't skip it. 7/10

"Your sight, my delight. Will you marry me?"
Mar 19, 2013 9:11 PM

Jun 2009
Good stuff, though I kind of agree that it was kind of disappointing that Kira showed up so late. But, for the most part he lived up to his reputation and was indeed memorable. There were some cool stand battles here, but I think I prefer Part 3 just a little bit more.

Fun Fact, but this is the first part where no major protagonist character died. I thought Rohan, Okuyashu, and Koichi were all done for at certain points but it never happened. I"m glad because it was kind of in danger of becoming cliche for this series.
Ston3_FreeN7Mar 19, 2013 9:15 PM
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Mar 25, 2013 4:10 AM

Feb 2012
Some really cool abilities, but I thought the final battle went on the more chaotic side and I wished to see Josuke dealing the final punches, but it was still entertaining as a whole.
Apr 28, 2013 7:35 PM

Nov 2012
Most of the arcs were pretty damn fun and entertaining, and there were no casualties(Not saying it's a bad thing beside Shigechi and it was nicely done.)
I loved how most of the character each had their own arc too dealing with other stand users in many different ways, for example: Rohan vs RPS kid.
Kira Yoshikage is definitely the best JoJo antagonist I've encountered
I don't know how to put these thoughts together but best JoJo part I've read as of yet 9/10
Although it's adventure was different than the ones before the adventure element was definitely there and was executed differently and perfect.
May 15, 2013 12:24 AM

Jul 2010
9/10 to me. Kira is absolutely the best villain in JoJo. (Until now i mean, because i'm still reading)
I expected Rohan to die, but i'm glad i was wrong.
Also the ending was pretty much perfect.
Nov 12, 2013 3:29 PM

Jul 2011
I'm much more lenient with giving manga a score because I am inexperienced and don't have much to go by, but a full 10/10 for me. Stardust Crusaders is my favorite part so far, but this is tied for second.

I wasn't sure how I felt about how the story was set up. I was so ramped up on the chaos and insanity of part 3. But once I settled in after a few volumes, it started growing on me big time. It eventually felt like a much needed rest after the intensity of Stardust, the part with the chef was fucking hilarious, among others. I have to agree with ZetaZaku in that my one complaint was that the story seemed like it just didn't know what it wanted to do for awhile, but I just enjoyed it so much regardless, it's hard for me to call it a complaint.

The ending was greatness. Kira vs Josuke would have to be in my top 5 JJBA battles. Truly intense, I thought Okuyasu was done for. And then the bit with Kira getting dragged away at the end, just the perfect ending.
Apr 29, 2014 10:49 AM
Jan 2010
Kira's physical body death scene was kind of anticlimactic. Okuyasu was really useless throughout the whole series.
Other than that, pretty good. Better than Crusaders, for sure.
May 22, 2014 8:11 PM

Nov 2011
Wow, that was an amazing journey towards the end. Kira got what he deserved and everyone else lived in peace. 9/10. I loved how some of the chapters almost felt like slice of life at times while others were a centerpiece to the main plot.

So many unique Stands and every character got development including a supporting character not even being part of the main crew in the second arc. Yes, I'm talking to you Hayato.
Dec 3, 2014 6:20 AM

Jun 2012
Honestly the best Jojo series so far, and I can't wait to read the rest! The villain was so good this time around, so unique and his stand was my favourite that I've seen so far. It'll be a dream if this gets animated. Onto Part 5~
Jan 14, 2015 6:13 PM
Aug 2011
The start was slower but it gave me more of a sense of mystery in comparison to part 3.

Stardust Crusaders tells you exactly what the end goal was and who they had to deal with but with this one, almost every character and ability left me guessing as to how things were going to plan out.
Sometimes characters I thought would major players in the story turned out to be not as important and vice versa.
Kind of kept me on edge for the whole thing and I really liked that.

Cast was pretty awesome.
Rohan cracked my shit up in those chapters where he couldn't show his back to anyone.

Kira was such an intriguing read as well. Actually Kira was really amazing and memorable, Araki did such a great job with him.
standFeb 17, 2015 11:07 PM
Jun 22, 2015 2:52 AM
Aug 2011
Just finished reading this again and holy crap it's even better than when I first read it.
Really allowed me to take in all the details and quirks about everyone's personalities and t hat made me enjoy it even more than before. Such a beautiful Duwang indeed.

Kira hnnnnnnng just hnnnnnng! The entire Another One Bites the Dust arc is so damn glorious.
Now that i've read through some of the latter parts he still remains one of Araki's best characters.
I personally think he is still the best villain yet. (Excluding Jojolion since it's still publishing.)
Though these days it's kind of beyond me to rank anything Jojo related from best to worst etc. My heart accepts everything and I can't do it, fuck!

The cast is still awesome. I find them to be super fun to follow around even if some chapters are really weird like the rat hunting chapters... lol.
That Josuke, he's such a callback to the goofy young Joseph. He's a great character, these are definitely the kinds of leads I end up liking the most.

Cheap Trick cracked my shit up again. Rohan... you are so fantastic and a douchebag yet you bring me much joy.
I'm glad Araki has kept you around several years later for those spin-offs and stuff.

StardustReverie said:
Kira's physical body death scene was kind of anticlimactic.

Eh after thinking about it, his death scene is kind of fitting to see the firefighters/woman be like 'his face is destroyed, oh well it must have sucked to die like that' is reminiscent of Kira's introduction when it was 'Kira's just a boring businessman' mentality.

SC didn't bring a teaser for us but i'm still hoping for an anime adaptation.
Though I don't know if my body could handle this part in animated in all its glory due to too the amount of fangasms I would be having. :o
standJun 22, 2015 3:28 AM
Jul 9, 2015 2:16 PM

Apr 2014
A good ride, but not as great as I expected. I knew not to expect an adventure-type storyline from part 4, but its shortcomings unfortunately left too large of an impression on me. I still don't really understand what people mean by this part being more slice of life, but... I assume they were referring to the primary focus on short stories in Morioh. There were definitely some enjoyable times in those mini stories, especially the alien-turned-into-a-die bit. Unfortunately, I do prefer an overarching main plot and conflict. The side characters just seemed too insignificant, and thus, forgettable. Although I do give props to Araki for coming up with some of the most interesting and wacky stands/stand users, it just didn't quench my thirst for some Jojo drama.

Regardless, there were definitely some personalities in part 4 which I'll never forget. Kira is strikingly different from Dio, in terms of ambition and overall personality (aside from wanting to kill the Jojos)- which was something I appreciated. Josuke's gentle yet hot-headed character was what made him my second favorite Jojo- right behind Jotaro. I knew of Rohan before reading this, but I was not expecting his personality to be..... well, like that. He inspired a lot of laughs from me, like Josuke, and his capacity of hatred for Josuke will be something I'll miss. As for the main villain this time around, I thought Araki executed his character well.

It'd be nice to see this adapted for the next Jojo anime, because I'd love to see Josuke whoop ass all over again. But for now, I'll be moving on to part 5.
LOADJul 9, 2015 2:20 PM
Jul 12, 2015 10:00 PM

Nov 2012
I enjoyed every piece of battle this part had to offer as well as its unique set of characters for JoJo. Kira was as much of a great villain as Dio, and I was rooting for him to keep killing as many people as he could only to be disappointed by this whole time travel crap that makes the final chapters seem like Kira never had a chance of victory.
Aug 9, 2015 9:07 PM

Aug 2012
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Part 4: Diamond is Unbreakable is easily the best part of JoJo's so far. From what I hear, Part 7: Steel Ball Run will give it a run for it's money (I'm not sorry) but as of it, it's head and shoulders above it's lineage.

The slice-of-life nature of Part 4 is perhaps one of it's strongest aspect as it allowed a greater variety of story arcs that don't have to follow the traditional format of a life or death battle. The Alien & Chief chapters being the most rampant examples & also two of my favorite arcs in the part. The Stand's powers as a whole are a lot more interesting & versatile than in Part 3, for example the main cast of Diamond is Unbreakable has odd abilities like Josuke's restoration or Koichi's sounds/kanji, which leads to the strategies being employed to typically be more creative than the ones we saw Jotaro or Polnareff used. Not to mention, the format also allows for a more expansive roster of recurring characters, there's a long list of similar one-shot characters who'll show up in later arcs such as Hazamada (though him shrinking still bugs me), Tamami, Yukako, Mikitaka, Fungami, etc.

Now several people in this thread have complained about how long it takes for Kira to get involved or how long it takes the main story to actually start but honestly, I prefer it this way. Not only did this allow the characters more time to develop and give us time to get attached to Morioh but it just flat out makes sense that a character as careful & inconspicuous as Kira wouldn't immediately be recognized as a huge threat. Granted, the beginning Akira plot-line isn't nearly as captivating as Kira's & I can't deny that the series improved quite a bit with his introduction which brings me to the characters.

Yoshikage Kira is simply one of the best villains in battle shonen history, perhaps one of my all-time favorite periods. Outside of his personality being more unique than the standard fare we've been treated to with the main protagonists thus far (Dio & Kars, especially Dio) but the nature of the series allowed us to get several arcs dedicated to him. Seeing things from his perspective allowed for a greater insight into his character as well as providing more variety. The rest of the cast is great too, we've got three JoJo's after all. Young Joseph is still my favorite but Josuke is a close second & Joseph ain't too shabby in his old age. Well, I am he's not a great fighter or anything but he's still really entertaining. Jotaro got a lot of cool moments though! Outside of the JoJo's the rest of the cast, at least on the protagonist side, is filled with likable characters though only a few are really worth mentioning, Rohan being the most notable example as one of the best JoJo characters to date. I also really like Koichi! I also like Okuyasu a lot which is why it's a shame that he kinda got the shaft here, being left out of the action moreso than anyone else from the core cast. Still, the brief moments he got were awesome, especially when it came to the final battle with Kira. But I'd be amiss not to mention that distribution of spotlight isn't even. Outside of Okuyasu, Koichi doesn't get much to do in the final third, it's noticeable but nothing that really bothered me all too much.

Before I go, I should mention that visually, this is the best the series has every been. Diamond is Unbreakable gets a 9/10.

*Edit*

Ah damn, I also forgot to mention that this series handled the emotional moments with far better care than most of the previous entries. Granted, I think Stardust Crusaders & Battle Tendency definitely did these well but here there is not only a greater quantity of them but they're usually more effective for me perhaps because they're more muted here. Josuke's speech concerning his dead grandfather's clothes during the Aqua Necklace arc or the entirety of Joseph's arc with Josuke are prime examples of what I mean.
TerrestriousAug 9, 2015 9:18 PM
Aug 25, 2015 1:59 PM
Apr 2014
Best part and best villain of Jojo so far, Josuke was a good protagonist though not as fun as Part 2 Joseph but still better than those 2 stoic stones.
I'm very surprised Araki didn't incorporate the guy that inspired Josuke to have that haircut into the story, and we didn't get anyone making fun of his haircut at all in the later chapters.
Kishibe Rohan was the Kakyoin/Zeppeli of this part, glad he didn't die, that would've been redundant
Okuyasu didn't do shit throughout the story, we barely got to see "The hand" and he resurrects from the dead and screws up Killer Queen and saves Josuke, I really didn't like that.
Aug 26, 2015 9:45 AM

Feb 2015
This JoJo arc was awesome, but the ending was super disaponting. Kira's death was super lame and I really hate that the Italian chef and that invisible baby had no impact of the story. I really wished all the stand users would fight Kira together or at least help a little.
Sep 13, 2015 12:33 PM

Feb 2015
This was the best part of JoJo I preferred Joseph as the protag but Josuke was great and a good improvement on Jotaro and the cast was really good although we didn't get to see much of Okuyasu and he just comes back from the dead, Kira is defiantly the best Villain so far as well.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 1, 2015 9:17 PM

Nov 2011
While Kira started as much more interesting than Dio and Kars. I didn't feel anything when he's defeated. He felt like a regular long chapter villain instead of a final boss like Dio. Thus I like part 3 more. Part 2 for best MC in Joseph.
So Jonathan's stand is like Joseph's and Dio's stand is like Jotaro's and he got hit by the arrow then produced 2 stands because of body and head different stands am I right? Or Dio got hit twice?
Imagine if Ultimate Kars got hit. What OP stand will he produce?
"Why do I always realize it... when I've already lost it..." -Guts, Berserk
"Some things are beautiful because they cannot be obtained." -Gilgamesh, Fate/stay night
"We are constantly living in a peaceful world that somebody else won for us. Even if it were only a day of peace, I will be grateful for its value." - Minashiro Tsubaki, FAFNER
"Screw you, future me!" -Makise Kurisu, Steins;Gate
"We used to show off by waging wars and whatnot." -Watashi, Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita
"Call me Moses. I'm going to part the sea of students before your eyes." -Moses?, Valvrave
"Time is guilty." -Andō & Tomoyo, INOU-Battle
Mar 8, 2016 6:44 PM

Jul 2010
I liked Kira as villain much more than Dio and his fate was well deserved. Even though I liked Part 3 more I really liked this one too, so many lovable characters just as the rest had, onto Part 5!
Apr 23, 2016 12:58 PM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
I don't mind that Kira came late as I was loving its SoL aspect. Easily the best part so far because unlike SC, most of the fights were great and the situations were very creative. The final fight was a little underwhelming compared to SC's final fight, but it was great by its own rights. Kira's pathetic death was great as a character like him deserves such a fate. I'm not sure who I like more, Dio or Kira. And I can't decide between Joseph and Josuke either.

9/10
May 25, 2016 7:42 PM
May 2014
I genuinely preferred Stardust Crusader's to this, specifically because I loved and enjoyed the character interaction between the main cast in SC, whereas in DiU it just seemed to revolve around Josuke the whole time with Okuyasu or Koichi flat-out disappearing in several chapters. However I did enjoy how there were little "day in the limelight" chapters for characters like Rohan or Yukako. I hated how Jotaro and Joseph did virtually nothing the whole series and barely even mentored Josuke at all, they seemed to just be there to pacify fans of the first 3 parts. Hell, Rohan was probably my favourite character in this entire series if I'm being honest.

Call me crazy but I thought the final fight was extremely anti-climactic. To be fair to Araki, it's pretty hard to top the Kars battle or the final Dio battle, but I thought it was dumb how Kira ended up simply being run over by an ambulance. I enjoyed DiU, but I'm going on record saying it was nowhere near as good as Battle Tendency or Stardust Crusaders.
Aug 23, 2016 8:17 PM

Aug 2014
The final fight wasn't something that I had hoped but I guess it fits with Kira's character.

I didn't really mind the slice of life aspect of the story since the cast of characters were really solid and fun to watch...like Koichi for exemple, I thought he would be the annoying type character that would bitch and whine about everything but he really grew on me fast. Josuke was also fun to watch, I just loved watching what tricks he would pull with Crazy Diamond to get out of the situations that he was in.
And as for Kira, I really wanted to hate the bastard but I just couldn't do it, I even found myself cheering for him at multiple points. Of course he wasn't as extravagant, braggadocious as Dio or Kars but I still thought he was a more interesting villain than those two tbh. Know I understand why he's so loved by many.

Now for my complaints are would be that some arcs were a bit tedious to read (like for exemple: Yukako's story, Super Fly,). And I'm not really happy about some things being left unexplained or pushed to the side : Like Josuke's savior, who and what the fuck is Mikitaka?, the invisible baby, Josuke's mum and Joseph relationship etc...

While I didn't think that this part was that amazing like some people thought but this was still pretty good. Don't know if I prefer part III or this atm.
8/10
KashKetchumAug 23, 2016 8:20 PM
Oct 19, 2016 6:14 AM

Feb 2015
10/10

While not as good as Stardust Crusaders, it's still amazing. It made me laugh, it made me cry, it made me go FUCK YEAH, and it made me go wtf.

Rest in hell, Kira.
Dec 28, 2016 4:19 PM

Jan 2013
I agree with what a lot of people say on this forum. Definitely a different way of approaching an "adventure" but boy did it deliver on the bizarre part of it.
I thought Rohan was going to die too, glad I was wrong. They painted him to be such an emotionless sociopath at the start (because of his obsession with making good manga albeit) but its surprising how much I began to like his character. Even more so for Kira. At points I actually started routing for him, granted not for long. Taking previous antagonists and creating allies out of them is one of the strengths of part 4 imo.
Interesting how Josuke didn't get the final punch in and was overshadowed by Jotaro. He was more present in this series than Joseph was in his as well, which I was all for cause I like Jotaro. My one pet peeve would be that I would have liked Josuke to be a little more fleshed out
It only hit me at the end, but it was odd how they decided to focus so heavily on a plot (finding the killer of the girl) for so long when it could have easily been done as a side plot. After seeing how it turned out, i'm glad they continued with it, just doesn't seem like a main plot type of thing. Just a thought, and obviously it was completely worthy of being the main arc.
9/10 - All around enjoyable. Everything interconnected with each other at the end demonstrating high level of thought in the week to week story telling. Overall really great story telling and would highly recommend this part, certainly kept me reading and i'm excited for part 5
Nov 6, 2017 1:26 PM

Feb 2013
Amazing one, it had a bittersweet ending if you think about Kira's victims.
Jan 5, 2019 8:32 AM

Feb 2013
Farewell Morioh.
Jun 7, 2019 3:01 PM
Mar 2015
The best far yet by far and Terrestrious does a great job of summarizing my other thoughts.

The all-around score of this series has reached 7/10 and my current standing on the parts are:

4-2-3-1

Also, his casual death was wonderful.
crocodileman94Jun 7, 2019 3:05 PM
Sep 27, 2019 4:31 PM

May 2016
Let the voice of love take you higher~

Kira's truly dead, Reimi finally ascended to heaven, and everyone's enjoying the fruits of their labor after getting rid of the monster that is Yoshikage Kira once and for all! This bizarre adventure put them through so many challenges but it had also forged an unbreakable bond between the Duwang Gang and gave birth to a Golden Spirit within the people of Morioh that will never die.

Loved this Part. Once I finish the spin off manga and novels, it's time to go to Italy!

May 24, 2020 6:38 PM

Oct 2015
To think Kira got pushed this hard because he was careless about his damn necro hand fetish
Sep 6, 2020 3:12 PM

Jun 2016
Araki loves his bittersweet endings. This was no exception. I thought it was quite brilliant, as the characters say goodbye to Reimi, we are in turn saying goodbye to Diamond is Unbreakable. I was not bawling my eyes out like a certain Stardust Crusaders made me, but it got me pretty emotional. The feeling that this has been a hard journey that has scarred many lives, especially those who will never get an answer for disappeared loved ones, is strong, similar to the disappearances of Windknights all those years ago. But so is the peace of mind that everyone who still stands has made it this far and this chapter has closed. My man Araki even tied the emotions back to Stardust Crusaders, immediately as Jotaro and Joseph spoke one on one, I thought of their final moments in part 3. Little did I know, that was absolutely intentional. Plus, during the Kira hunt, my bae Jotaro was investigating starfish? Can you get any more lovable???? Gosh… real bitter and real sweet.

Sep 15, 2020 2:22 PM
Mar 2015
It was fun reliving Part 4 through the manga. 9/10.

Now to hope that I read Part 5 and get to Part 6 before its adaptation is eventually announced.
May 15, 2022 12:03 PM
Jul 2018
The final portion of this manga really had me on the edge of my seat from start to finish. It showcased how scary of an opponent Kira can be psychologically when he has all the cards stacked in his favor. And the ending was very satisfying with Reimi getting her revenge against Kira as well as her and the audience's farewell to the main cast. I admit that the story got off to a slow start and the plot dragged at certain points (especially after Kira's introduction). But it was overall very entertaining with the Stand fights, the cast of characters, and the serial killer murder mystery that developed. It's a solid 9/10 for me.
Oct 23, 2022 4:13 AM

Jan 2011
Gotta love how Kira gets double fitting deaths. He dies in a big spectacle, standing out which he detests, and then his ghost taken by a mass of hands.

So ends my reread of my favourite (tied with 7) Part.
Oct 28, 2022 12:57 AM
Oct 2022
Its really good wish josuke came back.
Dec 4, 2022 2:12 PM
Dec 2022
After the trip around the world with the Crusaders, Diamond is Unbreakable places in Morioh, a little town in japan with great characters and a great main villain.

More topics from this board

Poll: » JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken Part 4: Diamond wa Kudakenai Chapter 173 Discussion

KashKetchum - Aug 23, 2016

5 by Fabrizio00 »»
Feb 24, 8:56 AM

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Part 4: Diamond is Unbreakable Chapter 162 Discussion

Stark700 - May 22, 2014

7 by Fabrizio00 »»
Feb 24, 8:35 AM

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Part 4: Diamond is Unbreakable Chapter 160 Discussion

Stark700 - May 22, 2014

7 by Fabrizio00 »»
Feb 24, 8:09 AM

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Part 4: Diamond is Unbreakable Chapter 144 Discussion

Stark700 - May 22, 2014

8 by Fabrizio00 »»
Feb 24, 7:39 AM

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Part 4: Diamond is Unbreakable Chapter 126 Discussion

Stark700 - May 21, 2014

10 by Fabrizio00 »»
Feb 24, 5:37 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.