Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 21, 2014 10:19 PM

Nov 2011
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
LOL, that was a classic way Josuke ended this volume with his Stand. Seriously though, that Highway Star Stand User deserved that. GG
Aug 9, 2015 1:20 AM

Aug 2012
The Highway Star arc is very much what I imagine riding on a motorcycle would be like, exhilarating. There was a lot to love about this arc, the mystery in the beginning, the excitement in the middle & the catharsis brought by this chapter. Josuke healing the guy up before beating him up is one of the most bad-ass moments in JoJo, it was just totally awesome and I'll hear nothing to the contrary.
Aug 21, 2016 7:58 PM

Aug 2014
Lol, so the beef between Josuke and Rohan continues.
Nov 5, 2017 6:38 AM

Feb 2013
He healed him just to kick his ass again, really cool.
Jan 2, 2019 3:52 PM

Feb 2013
I never felt refreshed after I put fresh underwear on, I must be weird.
May 24, 2019 4:18 AM

Aug 2017
I wonder why did Kira appear in the window at the beginning of the arc. Is there a connection between him and this stand? Or was it just some kind of illusion to lure Rohan in?
Sep 9, 2019 2:56 AM

May 2016
Highway Star's definitely one of the most dangerous Stands to go against with if you have no idea where to find the user and take care of him and Josuke being able to revive himself with the IV drip's a circumstantial miracle. It's a good thing that Yuya's a big wuss especially after the second he knew that he was in an disadvantage. Healing him for twice the beatdown's something only Crazy D can do and it's awesome!

His fangirls are endearing. Very much like Josuke, I envy him.

Sep 2, 2020 2:52 AM

Jun 2016
For a moment I thought we were not going to swap perspectives to Koichi, and that made me a little sad. Having an exhilarating and far spanning arc which swaps between three characters perspectives would be awesome, even if already doing so with two was. However, we eventually did with sass king Koichi, again showing how far he's come. I got about everything I could have wanted, but there was one thing.

For whatever reason, I didn't think the stand user would be a bad guy. I assumed it would be a kid in a coma who's subconscious was trying to heal him. Sounds tight, right? The reveal of the stand user was growing and I was incredibly intrigued. Perhaps it would be empty, but it would pose a moral question, is it okay to hurt this person who isn't willingly doing evil. It could be solved easily, heal him and he would realize what was happening and all would turn out fine. Nonetheless, seeing this passed up for a typical gangster asshole as he proved to us that he was the kind of guy who could just be beaten up was a disappointment in that regard.

However, the beatdown was incredibly cool. I loved the trick where he smelled anger without realizing Josuke had woken up, and as everyone else has remarked, healing him just to beat him up again was fun. It was odd to start the series depicting Josuke as sadistically furious when his hair was insulted and then make his violence after the fact far more tame. There was a sense that he was going to heal someone just to torture them at the beginning even, but I think this was the closest we have come to that.
Nov 4, 2021 2:01 AM

Apr 2020
I would definitely recommend listening to the song "Highway Star" by Deep Purple. Although it is about cars and not bikes.
--AbiSa--
Oct 21, 2022 11:28 PM

Jan 2011
One of the top fights in all of JoJo, for sure.
Feb 24, 5:37 AM
May 2018
Great arc, but I'm afraid the random room in the beginning will be just like kakyoin first apparition about having random abilities never mentioned again

More topics from this board

Poll: » JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken Part 4: Diamond wa Kudakenai Chapter 173 Discussion

KashKetchum - Aug 23, 2016

5 by Fabrizio00 »»
Feb 24, 8:56 AM

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Part 4: Diamond is Unbreakable Chapter 162 Discussion

Stark700 - May 22, 2014

7 by Fabrizio00 »»
Feb 24, 8:35 AM

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Part 4: Diamond is Unbreakable Chapter 160 Discussion

Stark700 - May 22, 2014

7 by Fabrizio00 »»
Feb 24, 8:09 AM

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Part 4: Diamond is Unbreakable Chapter 144 Discussion

Stark700 - May 22, 2014

8 by Fabrizio00 »»
Feb 24, 7:39 AM

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Part 4: Diamond is Unbreakable Chapter 124 Discussion

Stark700 - May 21, 2014

5 by Fabrizio00 »»
Feb 23, 8:04 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.