Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Nov 28, 2010 8:05 AM

Nov 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I almost cried... (as said in Japanese, 「いい最終回だった」)

Summary
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Nov 28, 2010 9:27 AM

Dec 2007
I'm glad that everyone is alive :)
Nov 28, 2010 6:25 PM

Mar 2008
It was a good episode, better pacing, good music. Wasn't suspecting Yakumo was dead (there's 3 episodes to go after this) but wasn't expecting this Nanase plot to resolve so quickly. But I liked Yakumo's mother coming out, getting some redemption.
My Channel Anime Reviews, Unboxings and More
Drak Shadow For LetsPlays and Movie Vlogs
Nov 28, 2010 6:25 PM

Apr 2010
The ending of this episode was very touching and romantic.
Haruka's mother seems like a nice woman and really trusts her daughter even sending her of to a dangerous mountain cabin.
Yakumo's mother was nicer then expected and there where again some good revelations about her.
And to love a child she got from such a event that's really impressive.

Those two killers will have a harder time now the truth is out, i wonder what they will do next.
Nov 28, 2010 6:35 PM

Oct 2009
really enjoyable episode i'm glad everyone is okay

I wonder whats going to happen in the next 3 episodes.
Nov 28, 2010 6:38 PM

Feb 2010
^^ Very touching at the end.
Now Yakumo and co. know the truth.
Wonder what happens next now that this part of the plot is over.
Nov 28, 2010 6:39 PM

Aug 2010
Best episode so far. brings the series back up to 8/10.,
Nov 28, 2010 6:40 PM

Apr 2010
For some odd reason it gave me great joy to see Haruka slap Yakumo.
I also found it adorable when i found out that Yakumo's habit of his hand and his hair from his mother's fiance.

Not to mention the connection between him and Haruka. And what i think when said how he didn't know of his mom's relationship until recently, he meant when it came to him and Haruka

It was an awesome episode and i can't wait to see how the series will end!
StarRockerNov 28, 2010 7:49 PM
Nov 28, 2010 9:49 PM

Feb 2009
Awww!!! When Haruka was all talking about her feelings for him I about died. So cute! I wish this series was longer! D:
Nov 28, 2010 10:19 PM

Jul 2010
Why the hell did she wait so long to untie him?! I mean, really, she had to go and give him a speech while he's unconscious before untying him? Given, yes, it was a very touching speech, but I just couldn't fully appreciate it since during the whole thing I was thinking, "Untie him already!"

Despite my above complaint(s), I really did enjoy this episode a lot. In fact, I think this might be the best one yet. That's majorly due to the music. It was so awesome! Now I definitely need to find those piano tracks on the OST. I hope they play them again in future episodes. Only 3 episodes left. I wonder what's left?

I guess I was right earlier when I thought that Miyuki was the surviving Nanase. I didn't think she was the murderess, though. Oh, and I lol'd at the English singing by Miyuki, too.
Nov 28, 2010 10:40 PM

Jun 2010
Great episode. Having more information on Yakumo revealed was nice, and the scene at the end was very touching. I was glad to learn more about his mum and more importantly, Takeda and her relationship with him. The woman who kidnapped Yakumo is a psycho lady, looking forward to seeing her and the Detective duke it out.

I'm a bit more interested in Yakumo's father. If Yakumo's one red eye gives him the ability to see, communicate, and feel spirits, does his father having two red eyes give him more abilities with the dead? If someone who reads the manga could spoil for me, I'd love it.

Iilia said:
Why the hell did she wait so long to untie him?! I mean, really, she had to go and give him a speech while he's unconscious before untying him? Given, yes, it was a very touching speech, but I just couldn't fully appreciate it since during the whole thing I was thinking, "Untie him already!"

My god I was thinking the exact same thing. Just sitting over him crying and talking while he's bound to a chair, seriously what the hell?
Nov 28, 2010 11:42 PM

Aug 2008
So touching. A little too much, though it's amazing Yakumo have a nice personality and Haruka a strong one. :D Surprise me a lot.
This is a good couple :D.

And It smells like a 2º season, do you think this?
Nov 29, 2010 2:52 AM

Feb 2010
good ep even the outcome was predictable.
Nov 29, 2010 2:54 AM

Oct 2010
Sartaj said:
Iilia said:

My god I was thinking the exact same thing. Just sitting over him crying and talking while he's bound to a chair, seriously what the hell?

i was also thinking the same thing. it ruined the scene for me. but i never liked haruka anyways so i probably wouldn't have been touched by the scene anyways. i did enjoy the part where yakumo said he wasn't dead though. lol.

i think everything came together too easily and was predictable.
- ishii and the reporter just happens to find the teacher in the files who just happens to remember miyuki and a secret room. and they're so positive that they would find gotou in that same room, and they did.
- although takeda shunsuke told haruka to stay safe and wait for yakumo to return, he tells her where yakumo is anyways. and what does she do? she runs off to "help" him without any protection.
- and to be honest, i thought it was weird that haruka's mom just let her go alone to such a dangerous place (if i was the mother, i would have stopped her, insisted on coming with her, or at least follow her to make sure she's safe).
- the appearance of yakumo's mother was predictable as well.
- i thought it was obvious that miyuki killed her own family. i knew it the minute i saw the kid back in episode 7.

as you can see, i find this anime way too predictable and average. it's an okay watch since i have the time though.
silvermoon8573Nov 29, 2010 11:56 PM
Nov 29, 2010 6:23 AM

Nov 2010
good episode, I'm glad gg fansub is going to sub it....
Nov 29, 2010 6:35 AM

Aug 2010
"do you have to go already?..." - that line made me cry a little.

Very touching episode, revealing a lot about Azusa's reasons for killing Yakumo.
And I know I'm repeating myself, but I love the music <3
Nov 29, 2010 7:56 AM

Nov 2008
I'm going to be a contrarian here - but gawd, I hate idiot plots. The only good thing about this episode is that they didn't drag it out any further.

What do we have here:

- a ghost who helps the idiots find clues
- a ghost who saves the idiots
- idiot protagonists who run off without telling anyone
- idiot psychos who waste time explaining things
- idiot cops who not only don't carry guns but fall for the same trick twice in a row

Essentially, everyone has to be a total idiot to make the arc come together. That is piss-poor writing.

This could have been a decent series, now it has turned into brainless mush.
Nov 29, 2010 8:19 AM

Oct 2007
^ LOL

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
Nov 29, 2010 8:26 AM

Dec 2009
After all the buildup, the actual showdown at the cabin was disappointing.... The mystery of Yakumo's mom has been solved, but the way every person is connected by the past is a little cheezy.

Also, I want to know why killing Haruka in front of Yakumo would turn him to the dark side (is that what they called it?)? ...and what is the motive of the bad guys? Because right now they just seem random. I'm guessing that is where the story will pick up...?
Nov 29, 2010 8:30 AM

Nov 2010
Yakumos escape seemed way too easy to me, ya know?? mayb his dad planned it like that......idk y though. but theres no way its over already i mean they r both still out there!!!

and btw who else would love to see a ghost hunt tribute episode?!!?
Nov 29, 2010 9:59 AM

Mar 2009
pretty hilarious episode.
Nov 29, 2010 3:16 PM
Dec 2007
It was a bunch of meh developments honestly, and direction was not up to parther, so I was not really convinced. Only the musical score shone in this episode.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Nov 29, 2010 3:53 PM

Dec 2008
The end of this ep was a bit of a tear jerker. I'm glad Yakumo is alive.
Still don't understand what his dad's motive is.
Nov 29, 2010 5:27 PM

Jan 2008
Yakumo's dad is a kidnapping rapist-murderer on multiple counts...the verdict: a painful and hopefully gruesome death by ways of execution via law, accidental death story-wise, or gunned down by one of the police detectives. In the end, all I want is to see is him die, and this show immediately gets a high rating from me...don't care what happens to Nanase Miyuki because she's crazy for good reason:

VillettaIchihara said:
The end of this ep was a bit of a tear jerker. I'm glad Yakumo is alive.
Still don't understand what his dad's motive is.

Pretty sure the asshole was born evil.
Nov 29, 2010 7:29 PM

Jun 2008
Great episode. Kinda cliche at parts but what isn't nowadays.

I nearly cried at several parts during this episode.

5/5. Very good episode...best episode so far.
Nov 29, 2010 7:53 PM

Feb 2009
Does Japanese woman has no brain at all?! I mean really you got some important clue shouldn't you call the cops?! It doesn't matter how much you love that person, putting yourself at risk is no way to save them! I thought finding someone tied to a chair and freezing, first that comes to mind is calling an ambulance and the cops, not fucking talking about how you feel about the man that might be dying in front of you!!!

Only way a loli might be able to kill me is in my fucking sleep! Jeez shame on you Gotou for getting stun twice!
Nov 29, 2010 8:15 PM

Nov 2009
Ghost: "Don't leave the house!" *she walks out immediately to find Yakumo* Damn it. She is lucky the plot shield is on her side!

It was a good episode; it might have been late at night for me, but i didn't emotional at all. I felt that the whole thing was sort of resolved to quickly actually after 2-3 episodes of build up, or rather it was anti-climactic.
(Good 7/10)
Nov 29, 2010 9:10 PM

Apr 2009
All that build up over multiple episodes and this is what we get? Bah. Bah I say! The dude ghost goes out of his way to tell Haruka to stay put, she's being targeted. So she immediately makes a run for it. Her mother drives her out to the woods where Yakumo's mom was taken to and raped and lets her wander around in search of the rape cabin place where Yakumo's being held without any supervision or help. She doesn't even call the cops in the age of the cell phone. No, the cops have to find the location themselves through a series of logic defying guesswork and some exposition from a ghost.

Haruka finds Yakumo and apparently never thought of checking for a pulse, instead going on in a decent near-confession that's hampered by on the nose dialogue and its odd timing given the highly dangerous situation. Kind of distracted from the relationship that has been the highlight of the series by making you focus on the absurdity of the situation. Sho'nuff the henchwoman is ready and waiting for them, only to be stopped at the last minute by Goto... wait, he got tazered again?! Come on, give the poor bastard a break! At least have him get taken out in a different way - kicked in the nuts, maced, I don't care what.

Good thing Ghost Mom shows up and stops her. Oh wait, she just got back up. Scratch that. The rest is pretty subjective but I thought it was fairly lackluster, I didn't find it having much emotional resonance. The villain I was hoping to see more of turns out to be a poor man's Friday Monday.

What did I actually like about the episode? The flashback to the Nanase (sp?) murders had a neat style. Yakumo attending Haruka's concert but yawning was perfect, loved it.

This series had a lot of potential. 'Tis a shame it looks unlikely that it'll make good on that potential.
Nov 29, 2010 9:28 PM

Feb 2010
best ep so far imo...."do you have to go already...?"... awwww ;-;

a lot of loose ends were tied up... what can we expect from his father now???
Nov 29, 2010 11:49 PM

Apr 2009
Jarring moments:

- Haruka running off after being told to keep a low-profile.
- Haruka's speech while Yakumo is tied to the chair (seriously, untie him! X_x)
- lol to the stun gun again

And all throughout I kept asking myself, "What is Yakumo's dad's motive? @_@"

I am not a Haruka hater. I just think that Haruka and Yakumo have more to offer each other as friends than as gf/bf.

It was an alright episode, but I was hoping for Yakumo's dad to have more screen time. Who let's a stun-gun-crazy murderess torture their son? Someone's not winning 'father of the year'.
Nov 30, 2010 1:14 AM

May 2010
A touching episode. ♥

I like how Yakumo was being all 'cool' at Haruka's concert. LOL

He is so hot. <33
"Wait for the signal, and I'll meet you after dark"
Nov 30, 2010 7:47 AM

Apr 2010
All hail to the main heroine, when you're in dangerous place stay there for the longest time, crying out your heart !! O_O...
OMG, girl, untie him and run like a crazy and don't confess him on place like that!
Well at least Yakumo is alright and acting all mighty again on the concert xDD...
Nov 30, 2010 1:08 PM

Aug 2008
argh you would have thought Detective Gotou would at least wrestle the weapon away from the woman when he caught her. or kick it away when she fell. -.-

I was like 'Quick! Get that crossbow away from her right NOW!' But noooo. And look what happens. They got away.
Dec 1, 2010 3:54 PM

Dec 2009
Reading other people's comments, I can't agree that this is the best episode yet. It was better but average.

Haruka was still acting like an idiot. Going off after being told to keep a low profile and then not untying Yakumo right away, instead confessing, slapping, then crying over him again.

I did like the stuff with Yakumo and his mother and their background. Yakumo as a kid was cute~

Dec 1, 2010 5:18 PM

Jan 2009
dbaranyi said:
I'm going to be a contrarian here - but gawd, I hate idiot plots. The only good thing about this episode is that they didn't drag it out any further.

What do we have here:

- idiot cops who not only don't carry guns but fall for the same trick twice in a row

Essentially, everyone has to be a total idiot to make the arc come together. That is piss-poor writing.

This could have been a decent series, now it has turned into brainless mush.

Couldn't say it better.
What's more, this series proves that stupidity is hereditary. Really, what kind of mother takes her own daughter to a dangerous place in the middle of the night?
Dec 1, 2010 5:22 PM

Sep 2010
I know that it says that they found Azusa's body in/by the house in the woods, but how did she die? Are we all just supposed to assume that Yakumo's father lured her there and murdered her (or she went there and killed herself because she was already mentally unstable from grief) or did i just miss the part where this was explained?
Dec 1, 2010 7:01 PM

May 2008
Haruka is again being stupid.Instead of untying him she gave him a long speech like WTF??

Dude it's you who making him die 0__0 and this episode is touching.Yakumo's mother is soo nice T-T

Love is filled with mystery
Dec 2, 2010 2:27 AM

Jul 2009
dbaranyi said:

What do we have here:

lubryka said:

Really, what kind of mother takes her own daughter to a dangerous place in the middle of the night?

Aside from some weak points of this episode that already been said.

I'm pretty much confused, are ghost and spirits different?
Cause apparently that detective, Haruka, and that woman can see the ghost without having a red eye like Yakumo.

Also, I laughed when Yakumo finally woke up and suddenly the background music got louder. I just couldn't find that drama scene as a good one.
RegulusDec 2, 2010 2:42 AM
Dec 3, 2010 6:08 AM

Jun 2009
The way Yakumo yawned at the end was like a cat. For some reason I really want that blonde woman to shoot Haruka's leg. Well, it was a good episode.

Dec 5, 2010 9:15 AM

Aug 2009
this feels like a last episode... what are they going to do for the rest of the series? :/

Dec 6, 2010 9:51 AM

Jun 2008
Iilia said:

I had the same problem here. Sometimes people making anime show such unreasonable things. Did they really thought that scene was normal? Don't they see the stupidity behind it?

This show improved lately but i can't say that it's episodes are awesome. They are just viewable. They certainly are a lot worse shows this season but it always seems like something is missing. For example we had a whole assassination attempt and the bad guys having there actions revealed, even the ghost of his mother appearing but it felt like a certain level of suspense was missing for such great events.
I also don't get what his crazy father is all about. So he kidnap his mother and fucked her. Ok that just makes him a rapist. Then he spends his whole life making plots on how to destroy her life and after that the life of her son. Why exactly? Even bad guys do things for some reason. What exactly is this guy doing all this shit for? If it's because he has nothing better to do it will be quite lame. Why doesn't he just go rob a bank or something?
Dec 6, 2010 9:01 PM

Apr 2009
It didn't seem like it was really hard for them to escape, and it didn't look like they were really trying to kill Haruka...
Maybe they realized they had lost already, and didn't put that much effort into the attack haha~
It was a good ending :)
Dec 7, 2010 2:14 AM

Nov 2009
The plot of this episode was retarded in so many ways it almost killed my common sens. Five people against two and they still lost. Why didn't the cop disarm the blond, and how he missed a freaking big teaser, why everything the younger cop did was standing and watching Haruka boobs, and for gods sake why everyone just keeps saying "Yakumo-kun" like they don't know any other words.
To me this was the worst episode because everyone acted like they were retarded(idiot cop's were the most annoying ).
adisDec 7, 2010 2:18 AM
Dec 7, 2010 12:10 PM

Sep 2010
Mmmm.... I wasn't thrilled with this episode. It seemed rather predictable and contrived, to be honest... But it was quite satisfactory in terms of tying up loose ends. Also 5 french horns seems a little excessive
Dec 8, 2010 1:35 PM

Aug 2010
Haruka always, always walks right into the trouble I swear. I mean if she didn't the show would not progress but from a logical/common sense stand point it's just something she shouldn't do. Then someone always has to save her, she can't even get herself out of anything either. And it's crazy that the Nanase girl that was kidnapped turned out to be the crazy chick with Yakumo's dad and the fact that his dad kidnapped his mom and got her pregnant... So many twists and turns in this plot is why I really enjoy this show.

Then the scene where Haruka found him I was just gushing the whole time but Miyuki and the Nanase family.. that is just some messed up stuff. Her father molested her and then Yakumo's dad convinced her to kill her whole family. I had forgotten how dark this show was after the first episode because it had lost it's edge a bit but now..

Oh and the ending... it was kinda sad but sweet at the same time, I just love Haruka and Yakumo together ^^
Dec 11, 2010 3:23 AM

May 2010
waiting for the next one..
Dec 11, 2010 5:41 PM

Aug 2010
Wow, the beginning just made me hate Haruka even more. She's so damn annoying as it is, why does she not listen to the damn ghost trying to protect her?

Hey, girl, STAY HERE. You're safe HERE. If you leave, you're going to be in danger and only help the enemy. STAY HERE.

"Huh? Okay I'm leaving now on a train by myself!"

What a moron, honestly. I was hoping she would die in this episode, and I'm usually a sucker for any cute girl in anime, no matter what. I've never hated a girl character so much.

Anyway, this show is just disappointing now. Anti-climatic episode. After building this arc up, it's just over so easily. No struggle, no loss. At this point I guess I'm just watching out of curiosity for more ghost stories. A shame, really. The first episodes were pretty entertaining.
Dec 11, 2010 9:33 PM

Apr 2009
Gosh Yakumo is so adorable!
Dec 12, 2010 8:30 AM

May 2010
STY is giving more cliched vibes on me specially the cabin scene.

It's just like those cheesy TV dramas I saw on TV.

I was hoping for an intense ep but it ended up being anticlimactic.. :/

Though, I liked the part at the ruined building where the ghosts are departing..

Also, Goto's back in their home. :)

Yakumo's yawn ~_~

Anyway, we know more about characters but one still missing is Yakumo's dad's intention.

Might be just me, but now I felt the ED much better this time..
Dec 21, 2010 1:41 PM

Jul 2009
Wow, this anime is REALLY going downhill. So you see him ... no you DON'T untie him instead you cry about how he doesn't know your feelings? Wow, TOUGH LUCK THERE. Oh and instead of shooting them that woman takes like five minutes to spill the plan, because PEOPLE WOULD REALLY DO THAT. GOD -_-"
Last few episodes better be really good -_-"
Haruka needs to DIE. Take a hint from Togainu no Chi pl0x
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shinrei Tantei Yakumo Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Dec 26, 2010

114 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 10, 5:07 AM

Poll: » Shinrei Tantei Yakumo Episode 12 Discussion

tsubasalover - Dec 19, 2010

48 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 10, 4:25 AM

Poll: » Shinrei Tantei Yakumo Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Dec 12, 2010

52 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 10, 3:25 AM

Poll: » Shinrei Tantei Yakumo Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Dec 5, 2010

65 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 10, 2:39 AM

Poll: » Shinrei Tantei Yakumo Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Nov 21, 2010

63 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 10, 12:58 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.