MyAnimeList.net

Anime Information
Forums

Recent Posts | My Watched Topics | My Ignored Topics | Search

Densetsu no Yuusha no Densetsu Episode 18 Discussion
MyAnimeList.net Forum »» Anime Discussion »» Series Discussion »» Densetsu no Yuusha no Densetsu »» Densetsu no Yuusha no Densetsu Episode 18 Discussion

Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
View Poll Results: Densetsu no Yuusha no Densetsu Episode 18 Discussion
5 out of 5: Loved it!
 
88 80.00%
4 out of 5: Liked it
 
15 13.64%
3 out of 5: It was OK
 
4 3.64%
2 out of 5: Disliked it
 
3 2.73%
1 out of 5: Hated it
 
0.00%
Voters: 110

11-05-10, 9:37 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2009
Posts: 1931
loviiingg this show even more now!`!!~
 
11-05-10, 9:46 PM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2009
Posts: 2287
Hmm, I'd say this was the best episode since episode 3. There were some interesting developments, like Ryner and Tiia joining up, and, from what I could tell(lousy Funimation stream...), the animation style used here was very unique. I especially liked the scene where Tiia ate that one soldier guy. Disgusting, yeah, but nicely animated. =)
 
11-05-10, 10:21 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 359
Didn't like the animation changes, thought it looked horrible and in parts was ridiculously dark. Also it had Iris in it speaking so yeah. Other than that good solid episode. I kind of wanted to see Tiia got up against Sion and his army more but what we got was still great.

Looking forward to the next episode, the less Ryner and Ferris are together the better the series seems to get.
 
11-05-10, 10:54 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 55
That was some pretty awesome animation but an unusual art style. The action sequences were amazingly done, fluid and complex. But they could have worked on getting the geometry of the characters right.

Poor Ferris, she looked really hurt at the end of the conflict. D:
Modified by kool_kidak, 11-06-10, 1:03 AM
 
11-05-10, 11:32 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 2143
I thought that last week's episode was great but this one was even better. We begin to see Ferris develop more emotions thanks to Ryner. I'm guessing we won't be seeing any Ryner/Ferris anytime soon.

Modified by SoFarGone, 11-05-10, 11:45 PM
 
11-06-10, 12:29 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 34
Great episode, plot-wise.

The animation was really fluid and it felt alive albeit a bit clunky, but it lost on quality, like colors, shading (wtf with Lucile's face?), et cetera. I think I preferred previous style, it was more pleasant to the eye. The change doesn't suit this series.

I look forward to the next ep, but I won't hold my breath for any eye-candy anymore.
 
11-06-10, 1:21 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 1390
Holllllllllly shit, Tiir is so awesome.

But what the fuck happened to the rest of this episode? It was awful. Ryner being emo, Ferris being OOC. Tiir could have just killed everyone and taken Ryner away... letting them live doesn't sound like him, either. What a clusterfuck.

So Ryner just goes with Tiir. Doesn't ask him where they're headed to, who Tiir is, who his "friends" are. Doesn't second-guess his decision to hang out with someone who chooses to kill and enjoys it (as opposed to Ryner having no control when he goes berserk). Sure. Because any sane person would do that. I can understand if Ryner had said something like "I'll go with you if you let everyone live", but that isn't even what happened here. Shitty writing is shitty.

This ep needs moar Miran. :[
Modified by yamakasi, 11-06-10, 1:27 AM
 
11-06-10, 1:39 AM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 5081
^
The drama goes along with the decision thinking.
Ryner's decision is determine when Sion call Tiia as a monster.
Althou they did not explain it like in the LN, but the director use orange color to cover the screen....
Modified by MorningGlory, 11-06-10, 1:46 AM
 
11-06-10, 2:36 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 633
I don't really care what Sion will turn out...I just want Ferris to be on Ryner's side always >.>
 
11-06-10, 3:06 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 1942
mel-hime said:
I don't really care what Sion will turn out...I just want Ferris to be on Ryner's side always >.>


+1

 
11-06-10, 3:35 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2008
Posts: 265
yamakasi said:
But what the fuck happened to the rest of this episode? It was awful. Ryner being emo, Ferris being OOC. Tiir could have just killed everyone and taken Ryner away... letting them live doesn't sound like him, either. What a clusterfuck.

So Ryner just goes with Tiir. Doesn't ask him where they're headed to, who Tiir is, who his "friends" are. Doesn't second-guess his decision to hang out with someone who chooses to kill and enjoys it (as opposed to Ryner having no control when he goes berserk). Sure. Because any sane person would do that. I can understand if Ryner had said something like "I'll go with you if you let everyone live", but that isn't even what happened here. Shitty writing is shitty.[


How old are you?

One should know that such conflicts where there isn't enough communication can lead to such things in real life, too. What did you expect Ryner to say? "Well, everyone has betrayed me, I feel like a little shitball but for the sake of justice, I will kill you right now!"? He might have laughed at him and could've showed him how miserable he is. But Ryner being a fighter of justice would be so unfitting at that point. Good thing that he didn't do that, that would've made the anime shit.
You mustn't forget that real people do mistakes, too. Especially if they feel as down as Ryner did. Sometimes they do what they know is bad out of sadness, defiance, or because they want to pay others back without even noticing any of this.

The last couple of episodes had a meaning, you know. And the anime showed us the feelings and the ways of thinking of the peopole in this anime very well. It was very obvious how hurt Ryner was. He pretended to do it for the sake of the country and even lied to himself, but I believe that he just couldn't handle the situation and wanted to flee after being betrayed once more.


I think that the inner conflicts of all of them are presented very well and all of this will lead to a nice tragedy. They will fight against each other even though they don't want to. Talking to each other much earlier could've prevented it, but this is just how it has turned out for them.
 
11-06-10, 3:58 AM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2010
Posts: 2754
nice ep and i like the animations
 
11-06-10, 5:36 AM

Offline
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 969
Looks like every good anime need an episode with TTGL'ish animation. It's an amazing ep nevertheless, I'm thinking about finally giving this show a 10.

Oh, and Luke disappearing makes me wonder if he really won that fight against Miran.
 
11-06-10, 6:59 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 1114
It wasn't a bad episode, but it was insanely dark. By that I mean so many scenes were black and shadowed. Couldn't see a darn thing. It kind of killed the enjoyment.
I reject your reality, and substitute my own.

 
11-06-10, 7:11 AM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 676
What was with Sion's wierd arm-waving in so many scenes? Looked like he was being controlled by a puppeteer on crack.

Still it was a great time seeing Ryner so depressed and everyone feeling misunderstood and betrayed. Like a classic breakup: really, the problem is not you -- it's me.
 
11-06-10, 9:33 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 4970
kevin_video said:
It wasn't a bad episode, but it was insanely dark. By that I mean so many scenes were black and shadowed. Couldn't see a darn thing. It kind of killed the enjoyment.


Do NOT watch the Funi version. It's REALLY bad. Get the Derp version which has Funi subs + brightened video.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
 
11-06-10, 11:09 AM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 666
The animation was neither good or bad but i loved it. It's strange at some points but it's awesome at fights.
This was a sad episode aswell, but Sion looked cool in that outfit <3

Can't wait to BD releases. >.<



 
11-06-10, 11:39 AM

Offline
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 969
wakka9ca said:
kevin_video said:
It wasn't a bad episode, but it was insanely dark. By that I mean so many scenes were black and shadowed. Couldn't see a darn thing. It kind of killed the enjoyment.


Do NOT watch the Funi version. It's REALLY bad. Get the Derp version which has Funi subs + brightened video.


As far is I know, Derp uses own translations, not FUNi's.
 
11-06-10, 1:05 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 2104
yamakasi said:
But what the fuck happened to the rest of this episode? It was awful. Ryner being emo, Ferris being OOC. Tiir could have just killed everyone and taken Ryner away... letting them live doesn't sound like him, either. What a clusterfuck.

So Ryner just goes with Tiir. Doesn't ask him where they're headed to, who Tiir is, who his "friends" are. Doesn't second-guess his decision to hang out with someone who chooses to kill and enjoys it (as opposed to Ryner having no control when he goes berserk). Sure. Because any sane person would do that. I can understand if Ryner had said something like "I'll go with you if you let everyone live", but that isn't even what happened here. Shitty writing is shitty.
Did you not watch the show or something? As Tiir said: Killing Sion would make Ryner enter the berserk mode. Hence he didn't attempt killing anyone. With this its quiet clear that Alpha Stigma =/> Tiir's eye power(damn did I forget or has it not been mentioned yet?). So with this its clear that Tiir is not only a hottie but also someone with functional cerebral hemispheres.

Firstly Rryner said he will tag along because it was the easiest escape route in the situation he was in.....you know with the emotional drama and self depression. It doesn't guarantee that he will abide by Tiir's orders or actions. He is simply spending his time so as to not be a burden on Sion, Ferris, etc etc. He is trying to accept that he must live alone forever so as to not hurt people he cares about so why not travel with someone similar. Plus Tiir is evil. Even if Ryner goes all berserk on him it really wouldn't matter because of Tiir's counter ability and the fact that he kills people like ants.

Loved the drama and Tiir❤ and Ryner❤ and where is Miran❤?
Wow the gore❤
Tiir moves like a poltergeist XD
Wow the animation ☹
Yes yes Ferris go after your boy!! ♪......love is in the air♪
 
11-06-10, 2:34 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 4970
viral_hun said:
wakka9ca said:
kevin_video said:
It wasn't a bad episode, but it was insanely dark. By that I mean so many scenes were black and shadowed. Couldn't see a darn thing. It kind of killed the enjoyment.


Do NOT watch the Funi version. It's REALLY bad. Get the Derp version which has Funi subs + brightened video.


As far is I know, Derp uses own translations, not FUNi's.


Except that when I compare the two, the difference is not even noticeable. So I am doubting the fact that they use their own translations.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
 
Top
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Help     FAQ     About     Contact     Terms     Privacy     AdChoices