3It was OK
4.3%
2Disliked it
7.9%
1Hated it
7.9%
Average 4.1
139 votes
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
May 29, 2008 3:51 PM

Apr 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Sad episode here as everything is now starting to fall apart. I just wish Shinkurou would use that damn blade of his instead of getting his ass handed to him every other day.
May 31, 2008 12:16 AM

Nov 2007
Wow what a progression!

And I thought everything was gonna be all right... and BOOM!
...wonder how it's gonna turn out..

and yess, it's kinda sad how everything is falling apart... Seriously, Why didn't Shinkurou use his blade thing?!?! getting beaten up everytime... dang it :(

kimatg on | blog | pixiv | deviantART
May 31, 2008 4:49 AM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
D:

Shinkurou's conversation with Murasaki was gerat. It sucks that he already got beaten up again. The preview looked weird, I hope he goes to get Murasaki back before that stuck-up asshole of a brother lays her a finger on her. T_T

Good episode.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
May 31, 2008 5:06 AM

Jan 2008
Good episode but it was indeed pitiful of Shinkurou to get beaten like that and still thinking that Murasaki will oppose her brother.

"There is a road in the hearts of all of us, hidden and seldom traveled,
which leads to an unknown, secret place."
May 31, 2008 6:12 AM

Mar 2008
I agree with cyruz, the preview sure looked weird, anyhow it was a great episode, imo.
May 31, 2008 6:33 AM

Dec 2007
Sutiivu said:
I just wish Shinkurou would use that damn blade of his instead of getting his ass handed to him every other day.

That is the one thing tht I disliked about this episode. I can understand that Shinkurou is reluctant to use his arm-blade, but if he isn't going to use it when being beaten senseless, when Murasaki is being taken from him, and when facing an opponent who is obviously too strong for him to fight otherwise, then when the hell will he use it??? It just doesn't seem to make any sense.

Other than that complaint, it was an excellent episode, with lots of Murasaki x Shinurou goodness.
May 31, 2008 7:26 AM

Mar 2008
mdauben said:
Sutiivu said:
I just wish Shinkurou would use that damn blade of his instead of getting his ass handed to him every other day.

That is the one thing tht I disliked about this episode. I can understand that Shinkurou is reluctant to use his arm-blade, but if he isn't going to use it when being beaten senseless, when Murasaki is being taken from him, and when facing an opponent who is obviously too strong for him to fight otherwise, then when the hell will he use it???

Well, it didn't look like he had a chance to use it. That women was like bashing him every time he moves X@

Nice episode, loved the tragic family background and the farewell party(~ish?)
May 31, 2008 7:46 AM

Feb 2008
I really didn't expect that kiss, but it was very sweet nonetheless. And up until Murasaki was actually taken away I was thinking like "just wait now when Shinkurou gets his arm-blade..." and... nothing. I don't get it at all.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 31, 2008 8:34 AM

Feb 2008
This episode was very sad, but really good nonetheless. Shinkurou should have used the damn bone blade! D:
Can't wait for the next episode :)
May 31, 2008 8:46 AM

Dec 2007
Kayro said:
Can't wait for the next episode :)

Me too, but judging by the preview I'm guessing we will have to put up with at least one episodes worth of Shinkurou being all emo about not being good enough to protect Murasaki, before he gets off his tail and actually goes and rescues her from her pervy family.
May 31, 2008 9:52 AM

Sep 2007
Probably the best episode so far in my opinion. Everything is blending together so well, and a lot of information was revealed. I enjoyed everything about the episode except for the pedo kiss.

Did you know there's a Phantasy Star Club?
May 31, 2008 10:59 AM

Sep 2007
thats one screwed up family... talk about inbred... and apparently lolis too... bastards
May 31, 2008 11:40 AM

Dec 2007
Mmm.. Nice episode.
I liked that Shinkurou was powerless against the Kuhouins, seems realistic. Made me sad. Murasaki must be really scared of the Kuhouins, cause she wouldn't stand up to them at all like she did against some random punks in previous episodes(the guys on the train, for example). I did miss the fast-paced dialogues, not much of those in this ep.
May 31, 2008 2:09 PM

Jan 2007
messed up family is messed up. The conversations Shinkurou had with Benika and then Murasaki were really good. Very sweet.
May 31, 2008 2:26 PM

Sep 2007
RAAAAGE

Gosh, her brother makes me want to beat him up so bad... as well as the rest of that screwed ab family...

This Episode was very emotional... it had some very sad parts... that made me shake a moment

May 31, 2008 3:16 PM

Mar 2008
I decided to come of the shadows for once. One thing I can say about this episode is Ryuuji is a freaking sick piece of s*** and f**** for even thinking of having any children Murasaki. These damn Plutocratic families think they can anything because of their power and position. I'll tell you something all incest is sick and hiding it won't conceal nothing. I think the next episode may be reflection time before war so to speak. I tell another thing, I think because of that kiss from Murasaki in this episode Shikurou is going to there with the blade out and kill the whole damn freaking Kuhouin family. Watch and see. I hope that he deals them something they will remember. Another for all who wonder why he did not anything is probably because he does not like violence unless you have to. I guess he really believes he can rescue her.
May 31, 2008 3:32 PM

Sep 2007
Firefox265 said:
thats one screwed up family... talk about inbred... and apparently lolis too... bastards

Yeah that family is totally messed up O_O I wonder with all the incest how can they produce children without major genetic disorders...

Shinkuro at the end was a disappointment. He even told Murasaki about him being a "monster", so why didn't he use it? Hope at the end of the series he won't become like an american action hero, and kill all the Kuhoins and their servants all alone >_>
May 31, 2008 3:43 PM

Dec 2007
Good episode, lots of progress and drama.
That Kuhouin family has really gone crazy. Only to preserve their 100% bloodline they are willing to do such horrible things.

And at the end I was so waiting for Shinkurou to get that blade out of his arm and save Murasaki, but unfortunately he didn't which I think is a bit weird since he pledged to protect her at all costs..
May 31, 2008 5:16 PM

Aug 2007
I think he didn't use the blade because he wanted to fight "relying on his own power". I was disappointed, but the Kuhouins are not exactly the type of people you can mess with. Really sad to see Murasaki and Kurenai in that situation :'(
May 31, 2008 5:34 PM

Feb 2008
i suppose now hell go into a depresson mode and then go back to get her like the hero that he is....whoooo.
May 31, 2008 5:58 PM

Sep 2007
Poor Murasaki!
However, it was bound to happen ... Murasaki being retrieved by her brother that is, now we just see Shinkurou respond .. and hopefully not by getting beat up again ...
plus, by not using his blade and getting beat up, he made Murasaki feel guilty and therefore left with her brother without fighting back :(

May 31, 2008 7:04 PM

Jul 2007
AHH! I love this show so much I cant believe theres only 3 episodes left!!

May 31, 2008 7:53 PM

Jul 2007
I didn't like this episode much. The overall story was very nice.. and so were the conversations, as always. But, imo, the producers didn't succeed at getting the story into this episode well. The "omg plx just one more night plx" was just some obvious yelling "she's gonna get abducted right here and now". Also, as was mentioned before, Shinkurou getting beaten up like that was pretty lame.. reminded me of Narutos "woot I'll protect everyone with my leet own way of the ninja yayayay".

Anyway, Kurenai still rocks, mostly because of its characters and the conversations and interaction between them. : ). Hope there'll be a happy end after all!
May 31, 2008 8:13 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
darkside099 said:
I decided to come of the shadows for once. One thing I can say about this episode is Ryuuji is a freaking sick piece of s*** and f**** for even thinking of having any children Murasaki. These damn Plutocratic families think they can anything because of their power and position. I'll tell you something all incest is sick and hiding it won't conceal nothing.

Well the exact problem here is not emphasized on incest itself but the fact that women are used as tools and forced to bear their brothers' children and forced to watch another women raise their children afterwards. Incest itself is nothing compare to the cruel laws of the Kuhouin.

I had to admit that muscles on my face were incontrollably trembling with anger at the end of this episode (not literally but seriously speaking). This rarely happened except when i'm really really really pissed off....and believe me, i am not that easily pissed off.....When I do, I still have my "calm" smiling face on but my muscles tremble....

And thumbs up to Marasaki's voice actress. She's so young and does such a wonderful job....You could feel how Murasaki was really scared of her brother.....
wakka9caMay 31, 2008 8:24 PM
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
May 31, 2008 8:33 PM
May 2008
I love this episode!
The kiss was really cuteee not pedo at all, the pedo one is the brother D<

See how Shinkurou happily clean the room? He never clean the room, Murasaki did clean the room once for him. I bet next episode will be full of Shinkurou's emptiness when Murasaki is gone. ;___;

The Kuhouins has some incest law like that because of their genes. They can only bear children when bro sis inbreed.
May 31, 2008 9:47 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
m_ka55 said:

The Kuhouins has some incest law like that because of their genes. They can only bear children when bro sis inbreed.

Yes, apparently, male Kuhouins cannot reproduce with outsiders....I was wondering how stupid it is if female Kuhouin could have children with non-family members. If the problem is only present in the males, they should just stop being patriarchic and start being matriarchic instead....
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
May 31, 2008 11:41 PM

Apr 2008
What the hell happened to the production quality here? The art style was somewhat different (or sloppier) from the other episodes. I really hope this is temporary and not the results of a permanent budget cut.

+
Edited just to say I really agree with Wakka that Murasaki's voice actress did a very, very good job this episode.
Jun 1, 2008 12:14 AM

Apr 2007
darkside099 said:
I decided to come of the shadows for once. One thing I can say about this episode is Ryuuji is a freaking sick piece of s*** and f**** for even thinking of having any children Murasaki. These damn Plutocratic families think they can anything because of their power and position. I'll tell you something all incest is sick and hiding it won't conceal nothing. I think the next episode may be reflection time before war so to speak. I tell another thing, I think because of that kiss from Murasaki in this episode Shikurou is going to there with the blade out and kill the whole damn freaking Kuhouin family. Watch and see. I hope that he deals them something they will remember. Another for all who wonder why he did not anything is probably because he does not like violence unless you have to. I guess he really believes he can rescue her.

chill out, bro; it's a cartoon
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 1, 2008 12:58 AM

May 2008
Awesome episode. I kind of guessed the incest thing from the start. Too bad Shinkurou didn't bust out the bone sword thingy. Kind of annoying that he keeps getting beat up all the time.
Jun 1, 2008 1:39 AM
Dec 2007
Hmmm so on top of having incredible character development, awesome art and great dialogues/seiyuus, Kurenai also had a terrific plot ? Once again the best episode of the week for the best anime of this season, hands down.

Only three episodes left but I think it will be sufficient now.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Jun 1, 2008 1:43 AM

Apr 2008
Very sad episode... I really think Shinkurou decided that he will protect Murasaki, but not relying "false" power as in the blade. He wishes to use his "true" powers to protect her...
Jun 1, 2008 2:10 AM

Apr 2007
infinite_zero said:
He wishes to use his "true" powers to protect her...

that worked well
Jun 1, 2008 3:00 AM

Apr 2008
Well, I see two possible endings:

Shinkurou gets emo, or forgets about her and poor Murasaki is left to rot in the inner sanctuary.

He saves the day, somehow. lol. Probably this.

Weird thought: He summons his Royal Red Shinku Guards and storms the Kuhouin fortress.. hahaha. The place was infact, a secret Suigintou (the party) advance base. Gosh. I've gone pretty crazy reading Uncyclopedia.
Jun 1, 2008 7:40 AM

Mar 2007
My hair stood on ends listening to Benika explaining about the women of the Kuhoin Inner Sanctuary..

We need to summon Enma Ai to send Kuhoin Ryuuji straight to hell...

damn pedophile...
Jun 1, 2008 9:23 AM

May 2007
Very emotional episode. As you guys have already stated, I don't know why Shinkurou isn't going ballistic with his arm and beating up the Kuhouins. Hopefully we'll have a good ending, because I don't think I'd be able to handle one where Murasaki isn't rescued.
Jun 1, 2008 11:14 AM
Observer

Nov 2007
chibihien said:

We need to summon Enma Ai to send Kuhoin Ryuuji straight to hell...

ippen shinde miru?
bla bla bla
Niko-kun said:
Jun 1, 2008 2:31 PM

Oct 2007
Great episode, very sad as well. I'm also wondering why Shinkurou doesn't use that blade thing though.

Jun 1, 2008 4:02 PM

Aug 2007
very good episode. i was considering raising this shows rating to 10 based on this episode...
and lol at the person who said pedo kiss.. that is soo narrowminded.
Jun 1, 2008 4:42 PM

May 2007
I though shinkurou was going to use his Garrr mode.
Well,

Shinkorou beating them up = Not original nor interesting
Shinkurou geting emo > Then training > Beating them up = Not original nor interesting either.

I just hope he doesn't go in to a Narutoish quest for strengh for 3 episodes...
Jun 1, 2008 8:53 PM

Jun 2007
Absolutely amazing episode. I love it to pieces. Everything was perfect: from the conversations to the action to the character development. Murasaki failing to stand up to the Kuhounins was really something. I feel so sorry for her. I expect next episode to have lots of Shinkurou moping around... that's really too bad. He needs to get Murasaki back, and get her back now! :P

This is now my most anticipated weekly show. I can't wait for the next three episodes~
Jun 2, 2008 12:36 AM

Jun 2007
I'm still sticking with my "The professional" ending theory. Shinkurou is probably gonna go get her back and it's going to be a blood bath.

PS. If you haven't seen the movie The Professional (aka. Leon) you should. It's exactly like this anime only it's a real movie.
Jun 2, 2008 5:38 AM

Mar 2008
wakka9ca said:
darkside099 said:
I decided to come of the shadows for once. One thing I can say about this episode is Ryuuji is a freaking sick piece of s*** and f**** for even thinking of having any children Murasaki. These damn Plutocratic families think they can anything because of their power and position. I'll tell you something all incest is sick and hiding it won't conceal nothing.

Well the exact problem here is not emphasized on incest itself but the fact that women are used as tools and forced to bear their brothers' children and forced to watch another women raise their children afterwards. Incest itself is nothing compare to the cruel laws of the Kuhouin.

I had to admit that muscles on my face were incontrollably trembling with anger at the end of this episode (not literally but seriously speaking). This rarely happened except when i'm really really really pissed off....and believe me, i am not that easily pissed off.....When I do, I still have my "calm" smiling face on but my muscles tremble....

And thumbs up to Marasaki's voice actress. She's so young and does such a wonderful job....You could feel how Murasaki was really scared of her brother.....

I agree with your feelings brother. I hope Shinkurou goes full blast to save Murasaki and between you & me I think we both did something like this if it had to be let's say a kidnapping of our family member as a example.
Jun 2, 2008 5:42 AM

Mar 2008
Neverender said:
darkside099 said:

chill out, bro; it's a cartoon

Yeah ok but you got to admit things like these do occur in real life. Another thing emotions and imagination are strongest. Now be smart and deduct this: emotional response very high as result incurs.
Jun 2, 2008 12:11 PM

Apr 2008
I don't understant Benika at all ^^: She is a boss a mother and a teacher at the same time and all those roles implies contradictories means and ends.
If she only wanted to protect Murasaki, she would never had allowed them to go back to that appartment, she knew the Kuhoin would come full force to get her back there.
It seems quite impossible to :
-free Murasaki from the Kuhouins
-make Kurenai grow and learn about the choices and responsabilities implied in his job
-grant the safety of both.
She just might have made a fearsome gamble there, based on her "intuition"; but yet this does not sound very professionnal.
I'm eager to see how this will develop.
Head Over Heels
Jun 2, 2008 12:14 PM

Aug 2007
Good episode.
Too bad Shinkurou didn't unleash his power that time D:. He could have won...I guess.

Jun 2, 2008 1:25 PM

Nov 2007
Intense episode, even if I think they were dumb to go back to the apartment and Shinkurou should've used his blade. But, we finally got a direct explanation of the Inner Sanctuary ... and man, the Kuhoin family is disgusting. I also have to wonder, if the Kuhoin men can only have children by Kuhoin women ... um, how exactly did they figure this out? O.o (I think that only makes it worse.)

[avatar from Tales of the Abyss]
Jun 2, 2008 2:27 PM

May 2008
I have to question whether Shinkuro using the arm-blade would have even made a difference. I didn't think it added a whole lot more in terms of his fighting ability besides giving him more power and arming him with a weapon. Considering I don't remember either Shinkuro or Yayoi managing to land a blow on evil Kuhouin enforcer chick I seriously doubt just busting out his arm-blade would've magically saved the day.

Outside of that this episode was greatness. I haven't been this emotionally attached to an anime since last spring season. Seeing Murasaki curled up, trembling with fear in the corner as well as the confrontation with her brother was certainly one of the most heartrending and hard to watch scenes in an anime I've seen in a while.
Jun 2, 2008 4:37 PM

Apr 2008
Absolutely_Steve said:
I have to question whether Shinkuro using the arm-blade would have even made a difference. I didn't think it added a whole lot more in terms of his fighting ability besides giving him more power and arming him with a weapon. Considering I don't remember either Shinkuro or Yayoi managing to land a blow on evil Kuhouin enforcer chick I seriously doubt just busting out his arm-blade would've magically saved the day.

I'm pretty sure a giant blade would go through that lady pretty quick. Atleast better than those feeble kicks she blocked. I mean the guy blocked what,... 3 gun shots with that thing?
Jun 2, 2008 4:45 PM

Jan 2008
Shinkurou pissed me off big time in this episode. He did NOTHING. He's capable of beating the ever living crap out of everyone except perhaps that one evil looking bodyguard chick, but instead he conveniently forgets that he's a bad ass. I can't decide if it's bad writing(writers fault) or Shinkurou's fault (explainable within the anime). What's worse is that I think their going to go with the "godly power which I refuse to use, for some stupid reason" explanation which is so stupid and done to death in anime already. Writers try and throw it out there as "part of the character" but it's just stupid that a character who has all the power he needs to win and save the day just stands their and lets his friends get pummeled. Added to this, these characters usually have some sort of "protector complex" which makes their impotence even more frustrating. In the end they ALWAYS use it and it turns out to be what they should have done from the beginning. Examples: Vash the stampede, Naruto, Ichigo(Bleach), and now Shinkurou
Jun 2, 2008 5:26 PM

May 2008
Sutiivu said:
Absolutely_Steve said:

I'm pretty sure a giant blade would go through that lady pretty quick. Atleast better than those feeble kicks she blocked. I mean the guy blocked what,... 3 gun shots with that thing?

There's no doubt it certainly would've helped and if he could hit her with it would've done some serious damage, but considering the Kuhouins were confident enough to come in unarmed I think it's seriously underestimating them to believe that Shinkuro would've been able to just go SSJ on their asses and everything would've been fine and dandy. He /should/ have used it, I'm just not sure that his abilities are really all that and a bag of chips or if it's just hyperbole from seeing him use it before.

It also probably doesn't help that I'm trying to treat this series as somewhat realistic, which it tends to be until blades start popping out of people's arms and they can suddenly jump 10 feet into the air.
Absolutely_SteveJun 2, 2008 5:38 PM
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kure-nai Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

zvuc - Apr 24, 2008

70 by MeanEYE »»
Feb 25, 1:20 AM

Poll: » Kure-nai Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

zvuc - Jun 20, 2008

164 by AngelsArcanum »»
Feb 18, 2023 12:56 PM

Poll: » Kure-nai Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

radiantfire - Apr 18, 2008

82 by towelgirl21 »»
Dec 14, 2021 2:20 AM

» Protagonist sucked

Blackmanjones6 - Oct 15, 2021

2 by Blackmanjones6 »»
Oct 28, 2021 4:37 AM

Poll: » Kure-nai Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

FireReaverX - Apr 10, 2008

96 by CalmTeaTime »»
Jun 4, 2021 10:51 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.