Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Sep 20, 2010 1:01 PM

Jul 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
What the hell was that?
Iam so dissapointed in this series right now
The last 2 eps were just pure crap
I guess the story writers , after going harem style episodes without story content, realized that there were only 3 eps left and pulled this out of their lazy bums.

OldySep 20, 2010 1:07 PM
Sep 20, 2010 1:09 PM

Aug 2009
Oldy said:

What the hell was that?
Iam so dissapointed in this series right now
The last 2 eps were just pure crap
I guess the story writers , after going harem style episodes without story content, realized that there were only 3 eps left and pulled this out of their lazy bums.

Besides the 100x twists they pasted in these 2 eps i really dont get why for example bunmei just didnt die while being nuked 3 times by the witch and seriously a flying and crying panther?

Well, I don't really mind how the creators have FINALLY gotten back on track with the main story, even if the plot and turn of events was odd.

At least the animation and action scenes were pretty interesting to watch.

I guess the ending for this show will be more relaxed and laid back, unless they throw in another twist (which is very well possible). I personally enjoyed this episode quite a bit, even with all it's blatent flaws.

4.4/5

Kuro4735Sep 20, 2010 1:40 PM

Sep 20, 2010 1:13 PM

Jul 2008
Kuro4735 said:

i dunno somehow the beginning was awesome of this series and i love maja obviously but then they somehow turned it into a harem and i was like wtf ? well maybe it gets better at the end
But this? seriously? forced and cheap twists.

To the future part
Sep 20, 2010 1:26 PM

Mar 2008
I really liked this, actually. Action-packed awesomeness!
Sep 20, 2010 1:44 PM

Dec 2007
wtf was this? 2 grannies running the street with hands and foot O.o

JK is bitten by the granny!
Sep 20, 2010 1:52 PM

Feb 2010
^ lmaoo ><

The ending was kinda weird though. It seemed there was still something wrong =/
Sep 20, 2010 2:16 PM

Jun 2009
At least the last 2 episodes had some action and excitement. I liked this episode and thought this should have been the final one for this series.

Sep 20, 2010 2:20 PM

Jun 2010
I was laughing so hard when JK fought the granny. So killing Mikaze didn't end the story? hmmm wonder what the last ep. will be.
Sep 20, 2010 2:20 PM
Dec 2009
Lol at her best friends
Maya is alive?
Next 5 sec

/whatever
Sep 20, 2010 2:21 PM
Jul 2010
Major WTF episode. "JUST DO IT FAGGOT" pretty much summed it up.

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/EvilGloating
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/PrepareToDie

And again, what has opening the Gates of Hell (demons) got to do with a high-tech War of the Worlds-style alien invasion (I'm pretty sure we saw giant tripod walkers in earlier episodes)?

Oldy said:
Besides the 100x twists they pasted in these 2 eps i really dont get why for example bunmei just didnt die while being nuked 3 times by the witch and seriously a flying and crying panther?
Probably because he's got (innate?) magical abilities himself (he's a spoon-bender), possibly activating the notebook's protective charms, or the Occult Academy has some sort of random ward against evil magic, just like everything else has gone random in this anime (at this point).

Oldy said:
Kuro4735 said:

i dunno somehow the beginning was awesome of this series and i love maja obviously but then they somehow turned it into a harem and i was like wtf ? well maybe it gets better at the end
But this? seriously? forced and cheap twists.

To the future part
Didn't the future change though? To me it seemed more like a nuclear holocaust this time. I could be wrong though.

Regardless, I doubt Maya was thinking about killing Bunmei while taking the picture and unless you do (think about destroying the object in question), it won't reveal the Nostradamus key anyway (or at least we've been told a brighter future won't be shown). That's the reason Maya wanted to take her picture again properly in the previous episode btw (this time thinking of suicide).

That still doesn't mean Bunmei or Maya or someone else couldn't be yet another Nostradamus key of course.
JvW4Sep 20, 2010 3:45 PM
Sep 20, 2010 2:29 PM
Dec 2007
Wow, this was some fucking right episode. Great action, huge developments, marvellous animation and lightning effects, and a fantastic cliffhanger. By far the best episode of this pleasing series.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Sep 20, 2010 2:44 PM

Jul 2008
i really cant understand how ppl just can accept all those inconsistencies
i mean for me it looks like lets say after episode 10 that randomly out of a sudden a gundam appeared and now they having space battles

totally random just pasted in there

OldySep 20, 2010 2:49 PM
Sep 20, 2010 3:10 PM

Nov 2009
What a great cliffhanger. I really thought it would have been a better future. So much action in these last two episodes. Just one more left. : )
Sep 20, 2010 3:12 PM

Nov 2009
Oldy said:
i really cant understand how ppl just can accept all those inconsistencies.

I found them more as filling in plot holes than creating inconsistencies.
We learned that the dark witch has been the one creating all those disturbances they were fighting; explaining the randomness of earlier episodes. The VP was a white mage who was tasked with protecting Maya, misunderstood by me as trying to kill her since she always talked secretly about it.
I agree that the reason Abe survived those blasts is vague, but it is possible the dying VP placed a protective spell over him or something. Not going to let it ruin one of the best episodes.
As far as it being a harem, i agree it technically can seem that. However, the VP was blown off early, and Maya was very questionable even now. So it is more like a triangle if anything.

I thought the animation was pretty awesome. An excellent episode.
Sep 20, 2010 3:19 PM

Dec 2009
Not a fan of the plot twist in the past two episodes.... It's all too convenient.
...but I'm still hoping for a satisfying end. If the witches are dead, maybe it's still possible.
Sep 20, 2010 3:29 PM

Apr 2010
Episode had lots of action but was a bit disappointing somehow.
The ending where the world was still destroyed was expected, the probably created a alternate reality or something like that.

Those 2 granny's would scare everyone the come across.
Sep 20, 2010 3:35 PM

Jul 2008
helur said:
Oldy said:
i really cant understand how ppl just can accept all those inconsistencies.

We learned that the dark witch has been the one creating all those disturbances they were fighting; explaining the randomness of earlier episodes. The VP was a white mage who was tasked with protecting Maya, misunderstood by me as trying to kill her since she always talked secretly about it.
I agree that the reason Abe survived those blasts is vague, but it is possible the dying VP placed a protective spell over him or something. Not going to let it ruin one of the best episodes.
As far as it being a harem, i agree it technically can seem that. However, the VP was blown off early, and Maya was very questionable even now. So it is more like a triangle if anything.

Well imo "filling plot holes" in a bad way imo
Imo the ending seemed uninspired and rushed
Just because there is action and they kinda answer questions in a bad way doesnt make the last 2 eps good
Dunno iam kinda sad panda now
Sep 20, 2010 3:36 PM

Sep 2008
I love Chihiro-chan so much. <3
Those grannies were really creepy though.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 20, 2010 3:37 PM
Jul 2010
Oldy said:
Besides i really dont think that bunmei has special powers so how couldnt he die? or when he casts the spell they end it simultanously even though maya doesnt know the spell and was reciting what bunmei was saying
There are more things which bothered me but well...
I think Bunmei did have special powers as a kid (as seen on TV). So he was a spoon-bender (should've been more specific, expanding the "he's") and dormant/forgotten powers tend to conveniently and often spontaneously reawaken in fiction, when the plot needs them.

Yeah, Maya might've recognized or recalled the spell-ending ("mille gladius", latin for roughly "a thousand swords", pretty much sounds like your run-of-the-mill offensive spell incantation), but I agree, if it was that important (or common), she should've learned (or been taught to know) it by heart and in full already.

Another thing, if the principal's still alive, what is he still doing in hiding during and even after the showdown?
JvW4Sep 20, 2010 4:08 PM
Sep 20, 2010 3:40 PM

Jun 2009
Such intense shit... my brain hurts.
レッツゴー ED イケイケゴーゴー
Sep 20, 2010 4:09 PM
Sep 2010
This episode was awesome.

Im pretty sure the reason Bunmei didnt die because the Incantation was also reducing Mikaze's spell power. She did say "No way...My power isnt..." and she looked at her hands....so I interpreted she was losing her magical power
Sep 20, 2010 4:11 PM
Aug 2010
I really liked this episode. It was action filled and answered some questions.
BTW twin demon-grannies rule xDD
Oldy said:

imho while Maya enchanted the spell Mikaze's magic were sealed, so she just became weaker and weaker.
Sep 20, 2010 4:18 PM

Sep 2009
This episode is a joke. It sucked in all aspects. The white and black witch, their lame conversation, main leads not even shedding a pinch of blood, eight legged freaks, hypnotized town people who absolutely did nothing except walk like zombies..etc etc.

Except no.6 none of the other Bunmei types were able to find the key. It just seems like their was no time line before Maya & Bunmei appeared in the academy.

The only way of making the show a little better is by killing off Bunmei in the next episode. He is the key hence he has to die.

This show was definitely better before episode 10.
Overall 1/5
Sep 20, 2010 4:29 PM

Jan 2010
So, what was exactly the black witch's motivation to destroy the world? Just because she's a black witch? I think the writers just don't give a shit about consistency.
Sep 20, 2010 4:33 PM

Nov 2007
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Sep 20, 2010 4:50 PM

Jun 2009
Meh :( vice principal !!!! I was wrong about u!
LET JUSTICE BE DONE; THOUGH THE HEAVENS MAY FALL
Sep 20, 2010 4:50 PM

Jul 2009
Since they reset the parameters of what's acceptable in this show last week, it makes this week seem pretty good. Overall direction of the series was still pretty bad. Maya suddenly showing signs of affection toward Bunmei is laughable.

As far as the "time not changing" thing, haven't you all seen History of Trunks? If you go back in time and change something, it just creates a branch universe. DUH.
wheresthehandleSep 20, 2010 4:55 PM
Don't forget.
Always, somewhere,
someone is fighting for you.
As long as you remember her,
you are not alone.
Sep 20, 2010 5:08 PM

Jul 2008
first 4 episodes series was promising
then the harem shit beag and that was boring and now the randomness came with unexplainable shit (for me it is)
Anyways imo that sums it up to a not so good series even though i love maya
Sep 20, 2010 5:08 PM

Feb 2008
like another paralax, but it won't be weird to get the future change, very unlikely such a think will happend.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Sep 20, 2010 5:33 PM

Apr 2009
those lines of the vice principal during the mage fight are those of the typical lines in a mahou shoujo anime.. hahahahaha.. i love mahou shoujo parodies..
Sep 20, 2010 5:52 PM

Jan 2009
After having that awkward transition from last week, I enjoyed this episode for what it was. As opposed to the rest of the series, it leaves me derping. Anyway, what so Bunmei never gets his powers back? That hurts.
&&D'awww Maya's Bunmei XD
Sep 20, 2010 6:54 PM
Sep 2010
I find it funny how people complain about these turn of events. This anime is about the Occult...SUPERNATURAL STUFF.....and your complaining that mages appear? Seriously?
Sep 20, 2010 7:06 PM

Aug 2008
So...how is she the key? It seemed like they were going for Maya being the key. And what exactly was supposed to happen for the world to be destroyed anyways? I'm having a hard time understanding why she couldn't just open whatever it is she's supposed to any other day. The spellbook protected the owner and not the town, so nothing makes sense.

The problem I have with the last couple of episodes is that, throughout the series, the show has done a good job of couching every occult whatever in the world by taking its time to introduce every supernatural phenomena with a dose of Maya's skepticism. That's all gone, so everything just looks hokey. Mikaze asploding looked like Queen Beryl being morphing, The panther reminded me of Cardcaptor Sakura, and it all just looked so stupid and incoherent.
Sep 20, 2010 7:12 PM

Jul 2009
noteDhero said:
So...how is she the key? It seemed like they were going for Maya being the key. And what exactly was supposed to happen for the world to be destroyed anyways? I'm having a hard time understanding why she couldn't just open whatever it is she's supposed to any other day. The spellbook protected the owner and not the town, so nothing makes sense.

The problem I have with the last couple of episodes is that, throughout the series, the show has done a good job of couching every occult whatever in the world by taking its time to introduce every supernatural phenomena with a dose of Maya's skepticism. That's all gone, so everything just looks hokey. Mikaze asploding looked like Queen Beryl being morphing, The panther reminded me of Cardcaptor Sakura, and it all just looked so stupid and incoherent.

They forgot they only had 13 episodes. /thread :P
Don't forget.
Always, somewhere,
someone is fighting for you.
As long as you remember her,
you are not alone.
Sep 20, 2010 8:12 PM
Nov 2009
I loled. It sums up my reaction throughout this episode.

Episode 13, what would happen. Hm.
Sep 20, 2010 8:18 PM

Apr 2009
Enjoyed the epic mage fight and Bunmei finally being somewhat useful, although I was still hoping the twit would die. Kozue joining the angry mob was priceless. I never cared for the future plot thread so it not changing doesn't leave much of an interesting hook for me.

Not as good as I thought this series would wind up after watching the first few episodes but I still find it plenty entertaining.
Sep 20, 2010 10:13 PM

May 2010
Magic is also part of occult, I don't see anything wrong with it o.O
GnowmiSep 21, 2010 4:54 AM
Sep 21, 2010 12:38 AM

Jun 2009
Mimi_Taylor said:
I really liked this, actually. Action-packed awesomeness!

Sep 21, 2010 12:55 AM

Jan 2010
Mahou Shoujo much?

So Maya turns out to be tsundere for Bunmei?
Wow, bad taste. Even though he saved the day in the end he's been nothing but a useless coward...
Sep 21, 2010 1:18 AM
May 2010
Respect for this series going downhill. Not that it was the best ever in the first place. Bit like xxxHolic but just more meh. Now only thing left is to hope that Maya doesn't think Bunmei as something more than a partner.
Sep 21, 2010 1:26 AM

Mar 2009
I like this show for reasons I can not explain. Ep 11 was very suprising, but I think this episode did a good job of summing it up, and explains why everything that happened in previous episodes did happen. Also, pretty epic mahou shoujo fight scenes :D

Maybe Bunmei is the key? Maya was taking a picture of Mikaze on top of him, so he was in it as well. Looking forward to the finale.
Sep 21, 2010 1:32 AM

Jun 2010
When i saw episode 11 i had only 1 thing to say , what the hell , what is these anime turning into?
I dont know if im disappointed or happy about these , when i first saw the witches i felt like i was watching touhou .. dont know but these anime could have been a greater fighting-style, action, supernatural than what it is.
Sep 21, 2010 1:48 AM

Oct 2007
Uhhh wth. Lol, so many random things were happening. At least we get an ending. Hopefully it will be good.
Sep 21, 2010 2:46 AM

Nov 2008
wheresthehandle said:

As far as the "time not changing" thing, haven't you all seen History of Trunks? If you go back in time and change something, it just creates a branch universe. DUH.

I was thinking along similiar lines.

You changed A PAST not THE PAST , so THAT WORLD will be FREE - its a common theme in going back in time - you save that time, not your own, it all depends on which time changing in the past theory you subscribe to.

I personally think Fumiaki should just stay there in the past with Maya.
Sep 21, 2010 3:04 AM

Feb 2010
agree this show was way better at the start now it is one big mess.
Sep 21, 2010 3:14 AM

Nov 2009
The whole plot(and what a bad plot it was ala bleach) was squized into 2 episodes and the first 10 episodes were filler lol. They could do just 3 OVA's or smth. Well didnt the vice president and the black panter died this episode and they are alive in the next one.... fail
Sep 21, 2010 3:19 AM

May 2010
Meh, the series is not that great now. Thanks goodness it is 13 episodes.
The first episodes were good, but the later are just awful.
Sep 21, 2010 4:05 AM

Oct 2007
Yuki_Giou said:
Meh, the series is not that great now. Thanks goodness it is 13 episodes.
The first episodes were good, but the later are just awful.

Actually I disagree with this. The first 10 episodes got a 5/10 from me, but thanks to episodes 11 and 12 the series got bumped up to 7/10. Its a whole lot more interesting now in my opinion.
Sep 21, 2010 4:22 AM

Jul 2009
That was fun
Sep 21, 2010 4:24 AM
Feb 2010
helur said:

I think it could be possible whilst reading the spell, Mikaze's powers gradually decrease. Thus, it didn't have much/any effect on Bunmei. And judging from the preview, it feels like everything will be reversed to before Bunmei grew up, meaning like it's one of those, you save the future, the past will revert back to normal and whatnot. (My opinon)

By the way, I was thinking if it could be possible that the reason why they have 13 episodes for this anime because it is the occult like that? "13 is an unlucky number." LOL. If you think about it, most of this season's animes end with a 12. Only animes like digimon (that would never end in 12 episodes) and occult academy is not. And it ends on a 13, not a 14 or 15. Once again, that's my opinon, so~
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Seikimatsu Occult Gakuin Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

zimno - Sep 6, 2010

120 by Lanz »»
Feb 6, 12:40 AM

Poll: » Seikimatsu Occult Gakuin Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 )

p31nTSK - Dec 6, 2010

57 by Archean-Return »»
Jun 28, 2023 1:20 AM

Poll: » Seikimatsu Occult Gakuin Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

zimno - Sep 13, 2010

235 by Archean-Return »»
Jun 28, 2023 12:18 AM

Poll: » Seikimatsu Occult Gakuin Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

zimno - Aug 23, 2010

106 by Archean-Return »»
Jun 27, 2023 9:38 PM

Poll: » Seikimatsu Occult Gakuin Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Aversa - Aug 9, 2010

114 by Archean-Return »»
Jun 27, 2023 9:08 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.