Forum Settings
Forums
New
Sep 8, 2010 4:51 AM
Mar 2010
I'm pretty sick and tired of anime.

I don't understand why all these terrible shows have a rating of 8.2 on this site. Why everything... has 8.2 (or thereabouts).

Aren't there any shows written for intelligent people.. for adults? Why do all these shows have the originality and depth of a broken piano?

I suppose I'm just talking to a bunch of kiddies here.. but can anyone recommend some shows for someone who likes to think? Along the lines of Planetes or Neon Genesis.

And if anyone mentions Wolf's Rain I'll ignore them forever.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Sep 8, 2010 4:52 AM

Mar 2009
It's all a matter of preference. Just because stuff rated highly are terrible crap to you doesn't mean people have bad taste; it just means that your opinion is not of the majority.
Sep 8, 2010 4:54 AM
Mar 2010
What you says in theory sounds cohesive, but haven't you considered that in order to be a critic one must occasionally be critical? If all you have is a bunch of fanboys masturbating and rating everything the same how can anyone pick out what has any worth?
Sep 8, 2010 4:54 AM

Feb 2008
Moved to the recommendations board.
Sep 8, 2010 5:34 AM

Jun 2008
You lost me when you wrote the word originality.

Anyways, there's mature stuff for intelligent people out there:

Gankutuou
GitS
LoGH
Hell, Ergo Proxy, to list a few.
Sep 8, 2010 5:53 AM
Apr 2009
uhhh, cause most noobs on this site don't know how to rank stuff harshly and they end up with average rankings of 8.9/10... :P

and in the end it is a matter of preference.... for example, I feel evangelion is a load of rubbish, and nothing but poorly done, eternal bitching... with no direction or proper directing near the end... ;)

If you want more Mature stuff, Legend of Galactic Heros, Mushishi, Eve no Jikan are all worth checking out...

To be honest, if you want deep stuff, don't look for anime, read manga... the majority of the stuff turned into anime is made to appeal to the masses, that is... not so intellegently written stuff... if you want some good solid stories, and not simply something to stare at for 20 minutes at a time, totally ignore the anime market and start looking into seinen manga. If you are not willing to read manga, then don't even complain about how nothing has a good story... ;)
Sep 8, 2010 5:53 AM

Apr 2009
Because people don't know how to rate I guess... well anyway if you liked Planetes try Haibane Renmei some more.
Alas86Sep 8, 2010 6:25 AM
Sep 8, 2010 5:54 AM

Feb 2005
Tell me about it, it seems a shocking amount of people just spam the 9s and 8s as if there were no scores below 6.

And if you want relatively mature, thoughtful and somewhat unique anime...

Angel's Egg

Cowboy Bebop - Knockin' on Heaven's Door

Ergo Proxy (A hit or miss though, some might find it too pretentious)

Eve no Jikan

FLAG

Gankutsuou

Ghost in the Shell

Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex (Better than the moviesd imo)

Legend of the Galactic Heroes (Probably the best bet of the lot. Can't think of any more intelligent and mature anime.)

Mind Game

Mizu no Kotoba

Nana (The level of the character writing puts this in this category imo)

Noein - Mou Hitori no Kimi e (A fairly simple story, but has some rather interesting concepts)

Pale Cocoon

RahXephon (Pretty much a NGE clone, but a very good one nonetheless)

Revolutionary Girl Utena (A bit of a mixed box, shifts between silly comedy, serious drama and the occasional mindrape.)

Rose of Versailles (Awesome historical drama)

Seikai no Monshou (Sequels in particular)

Space Runaway Ideon (NGE got a lot of inspiration from this. But the two movies might be better than the series, as they have all the important stuff from the series plus a proper ending)

Texhnolyze

The Sky Crawlers

Tokyo Magnitude 8.0
Sep 8, 2010 6:04 AM

Jul 2010
Because a lot of people don't watch shows that won't interest them.

Think about it, are you going to "Watch" solo clanaad or another show you're not interested in if you know you're not going to like it? Nope..

The people who enjoy romance will, and typically people who like romance and find a fairly ecent romance will rate it..Fairly high.

Personally, I watch 4-5 genre's of anime. I'll almost watch anything you throw at me(Aside from naruto, OP etc.), and if you sit there and say "OMG U GUIS DUM U DUN KNO HOW 2 RATEEE!!!" because you like a genre they don't..

Well I'm sorry, you might be the one incapable of rating shows within that genre.

If you look at ratings as a way to scale your own preference you're not intelligent in the first place.

Onto the recs..

Rainbow is GREAT for a more mature action maybe not "Intelligent"(Esp.. eps 15-25 ish).

Gungrave could float your boat if you want a good plot(There's stupid ass action all over the place, though)

Bacanno is an option

Ghost In the Shell SAC is a great pick here, and sitting @ 52 episodes makes it quite time consuming.

Monster is an obvious pick

The count of Gank,-If you can get past the animation, this is a very, very good show.

Revolutionary girl Utena, very philosophical. You NEED to watch this one two times.

Ergo proxy-Phil. up the a-hole with a smart plot.

Tokyo magnitude; I just started watching this, I'm not sure WHY I feel it's intelligent, it just is.

Paprika if you can do movies.

there's a lot more out there. I mean, if I update my list I've seen under 200 series and I can easily say there's been 30-50 inteligent ones I've watched. This coming from someone who primarily watches romance/drama.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the General Forum Guidelines!
Sep 8, 2010 6:11 AM

Jul 2010
NotSoEpicMuffinz said:

Think about it, are you going to "Watch" solo clanaad or another show you're not interested in if you know you're not going to like it? Nope..

The people who enjoy romance will, and typically people who like romance and find a fairly ecent romance will rate it..Fairly high.

Personally, I watch 4-5 genre's of anime. I'll almost watch anything you throw at me(Aside from naruto, OP etc.), and if you sit there and say "OMG U GUIS DUM U DUN KNO HOW 2 RATEEE!!!" because you like a genre they don't..

Well I'm sorry, you might be the one incapable of rating shows within that genre.

If you look at ratings as a way to scale your own preference you're not intelligent in the first place.

Agree with you there.

+1 Baccano, GitS
And I think Kara no Kyoukai fits with 'anime that needs to think'
Sep 8, 2010 6:15 AM

Feb 2010
Rainbow sucks imo :P

I second/add:

Legend of the Galactic Heroes
Monster
Tokyo Godfathers
Mushishi
Ghost in the Shell
Metropolis
Ergo Proxy
Kino's Journey
Grave of the Fireflies
Kaiji
Mononoke
The Tatami Galaxy
Welcome to the NHK!

You got everything in there,Tv Series, Ovas, Movies, Sci-fi, Horror, Drama, Action, Space Opera, Comedy, slice-of-life. Take your pick.
I probably regret this post by now.
Sep 8, 2010 6:30 AM

Sep 2010
just because....ppl like that kinda stuff...like school days...y is it so low??
Sep 8, 2010 6:47 AM

Aug 2009
Also try:

Canaan
Casshern Sins
Giant Killing
Jin-Roh: The Wolf Brigade
Juuni Kokuki
Any of the Lupin series or OVA's
Maison Ikkoku
Majin Tantei Nougami Neuro
Nabari no Ou
Outlaw Star(you've rated Cowboy bebop pretty high so you might like this one, just not as jazzy)
Please Save My Earth
Saikano
Senkou no Night Raid
Shiki
Soukyuu no Fafner: Dead Aggressor(mecha in the sense of NGE without the full blown emo-ness)
Terra e...
Tokyo Tribe 2
Witch Hunter Robin

...looking at your list, not really sure what your tastes are as you've rated things Like Azumangah and Naruto Shippuden pretty highly, but anyways what I've rec'd is targeted for a seinen/mature audience and none have moé characters

as for your question, its all about personal taste and unfortunately not everyone has the same taste as you...for one, Azumangah is not intellectual
Sep 8, 2010 10:46 AM

Jun 2010
OP maybe you could ask the Suggestions board to add a feature that could filter the ratings of users below 18 years old. (though I doubt that's even possible)

However, I agree with what the other posters said. We have our own preferences when it comes to what is bad or good. You can see for yourself that the site indicates the statistics where you can see how many have seen it, how many have rated it and how it is ranked. If you do the math you'll understand why it's scored that way especially if you consider the demographics.

To answer your problem, if you like mature and mindwarping anime then you should stick to the ones with seinen + psychological tags in them something along the lines of Monster, Death Note or Ergo Proxy.
dillianSep 8, 2010 10:52 AM
Sep 8, 2010 1:48 PM

Mar 2010
Yo, Dawg, you telling me during that one season of Bleach where their swords come to life and battle them for two seasons didn't touch you? lol, learn 2 like good anime

Naurato shits all over these recommendations
Sep 8, 2010 2:11 PM

Mar 2009
Try Ergo Proxy. Definately working on more than one layer, and more layers than most anime.
Sep 8, 2010 2:33 PM

Aug 2008
I've said this before, and I'll say it again. I don't consider myself a "critic". What qualifications do I have to sit here and critique shit as if I'm fucking Roper? I have a brain yeah, and I've seen a decent lot of anime for comparisons. But for me, what it boils down to is that I'm simply a viewer, someone who exists to be entertained. Something doesn't need to send me off into a deep state of psychological bliss to get a good score from me. As long as I'm entertained, and the anime is keeping my interest, then it's going to receive a favorable score. To some that's probably a problem, since what's entertaining to me is most likely unoriginal, crap to some. Oh well, might as well throw some recs out while I'm at it.

Some of these were probably mentioned throughout the thread, but whatever.
┐( ̄ー ̄)┌

Ghost in the Shell 1 and 2. I've only seen the original movies, so I can't comment on Stand Alone Complex.

Ergo Proxy
Koi Kaze
Princess Mononoke
Ryoko's Case File - Reminds me a lot of X-Files in a way.
Crest/Banner of the Stars
Tokyo Magnitude 8.0
Sep 8, 2010 2:43 PM

May 2010
Have you seen Mars of Destruction?
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Sep 8, 2010 6:22 PM
Jul 2018
big o
mushishi
princess monoke sinc you gave totoro a 10
Sep 8, 2010 6:27 PM

Jun 2009
chilon's list said:
Neon Genesis Evangelion 10
Serial Experiments Lain 4

You should watch Mars of Destruction.
Sep 8, 2010 6:31 PM

Feb 2010
Kaiji
Sep 8, 2010 6:40 PM

Jul 2010
actually the REAL reason that most everything is rated above a 5 (technically avg) is because only the people who have WATCHED will rate it. and why would someone WATCH something that doesnt (even if only slightly) appeal to them?

i for one will never watch a sports anime thus ill never rate one. and if you look at that fact that explains why sports animes have such great scorings. they are VERY directed and specific.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 8, 2010 6:41 PM
Mar 2010
potato, poh-tat-oh (>< it's hard to say that saying in text...)

it's strictly preferences.
you may think the things rated highly are stupid, but people could think your ratings are pure garbage too.
obviously if you have enough people liking the show it's gonna get rated nicely
and I don't know about other people really, I only gave a few under the rating of 5 because if i'm gonna stick it out and watch the anime, it has to be better than a 5 no doubt

"It's just...a bad dream! Wake up, wake up...!"
Sep 8, 2010 7:15 PM
Apr 2009
Anime compatibility with chilon is:
Very High
80.9%

I don't see that often.

Ergo Proxy is a good watch. It starts off with the cliched rebelling androids plot, but you soon find that things are much much different than they first appear. It's full of cultural, philosophical, and scientific references, too.

Also, you can watch some of Satoshi Kon's other movies. I see you've watched Paprika.
Sep 8, 2010 7:45 PM

Jul 2008
chilon said:
I don't understand why all these terrible shows have a rating of 8.2 on this site. Why everything... has 8.2 (or thereabouts).

Aren't there any shows written for intelligent people.. for adults? Why do all these shows have the originality and depth of a broken piano?

I suppose I'm just talking to a bunch of kiddies here.. but can anyone recommend some shows for someone who likes to think?

You sir are an elitist. If you don't agree with the opinions of others, it does not mean you can simply label them "kiddies" who never watch "shows written for intelligent people". It only boiled down to your taste.
Me? I think Neon Genesis is terrible and completely mediocre. Is it fair for me to call you "tasteless"? That thing had so many plot holes and god-awful character development and shit that just didn't make sense. People who like it simply says "ohhhh, the plot holes are for the viewer to fill in", as though that can't be said about any other plot hole that exists. But no, i wouldn't call you tasteless, it's simply that i didn't enjoy that anime as much as you did.

Anyway, aside from my rant, if you want to "feel like you're intelligent" and boost your over-inflated ego by watching some specific anime, go with monster or cencoroll or (i didn't really like these myself) kaiba or mononoke. Oh, Kino's Journey is pretty thought-provoking as well (ohhh, but it's derived from a children's book, i suppose you wouldn't want to watch sometihng like that?)

edit:
the reason why everything is between 8 and 9 is that you are blind and cannot find shows outside that borderline.
If you're just making a point, then it's simply because people on this site doesn't like to use the lower spectrum of their ratings and instead give about a quarter of their shows 10s.
Seriously, most of the people on this site have over four fifths of their shows rated 7 or above. The remaining one fifth would subsequently be rated varying scores of fail, depending on how hard the person wishes to troll them.
dxthegreatSep 8, 2010 7:50 PM

Sep 8, 2010 7:56 PM
Dec 2009
Wolf's Rain hurr. Just kidding, but it's nice to see someone else find that show nonsensical and shallow. Honestly, I don't know what's worse, the fact that you're an elitist or the fact that I'm probably far worse, at least judging from our lists.
Sep 8, 2010 8:16 PM

Apr 2009
The Tatami Galaxy might catch your interest. The art is distinctive, the animation is great, and the story isn't for kids. It just takes a little time to get used to, like Baccano!
Sep 8, 2010 8:28 PM

Mar 2010
Man, I hated Tatami the instant I saw the artwork. Was too bad, thought it was gonna be like some Genshiken

Shows are rated high, because honestly, why would we continue to view bad animes? I have a massive drop list, bigger than anyone's I've seen on this site. If I think by episode 1 or 2 the anime will be average I drop it quick

I have a few 4's and 5's, but usually the anime was so short I just painfully went through with it.

I average to about 7. Good but not great.

Just finished Darker Than Black. It was good, but people who rate it 8 and up are high as hell : /
Sep 8, 2010 8:42 PM

Apr 2009
Arcade_fire87 said:
Man, I hated Tatami the instant I saw the artwork. Was too bad, thought it was gonna be like some Genshiken

The artwork is different, definitely, but as long as the story is decent I don't mind too much.... and yeah, I like the story XD

(which reminds me, Arcade- you rec'ed Himitsu to me a while ago, and wow. It's like watching Grey's Anatomy as a police drama. I like it!)
Sep 8, 2010 8:52 PM
Feb 2009
As a couple other folks have mentioned, I tend to simply not rate shows that I drop - you may not be seeing shows that people would have rated poorly if they'd stuck 'em out. I also haven't included some shows I only caught for an episode or two, because they made so little of an impression - any impression - on me.

Besides, some things need not be intelligent to be *enjoyable* (you gave Sailor Moon a 9, yeah?). And - I want to note this because I think these terms are too often used interchangeably - a series need not be "intellectual" to be _intelligent_. Spirited Away and Seirei no Moribito aren't particularly cerebral endeavors, but they are intelligent. Honestly, I feel that a lot of shows people applaud as profound/deep/etc (Ergo Proxy, GitS 2: Innocence, Lain - and I'm including ones I like here, too) are needlessly convoluted and pretentious.

So, don't be so harsh. Good anime is still out there, and not everyone who likes bad anime is a kiddie or a nit.

Try these:

The Place Promised in Our Early Days
Paranoia Agent
Jin-Roh: The Wolf Brigade
Wings of Honneamise - slow moving, but certainly intelligent
You *would* probably really like Ergo Proxy, and might even disagree with me that it completely falls apart at the end.
Gunslinger Girl
Tekkon Kinkreet
The first Ghost in the Shell film, possibly the series.

And... *maybe* these:

Last Exile
Dennou Coil
Kaiba (if you can get past the art)
Mind Game
Bokurano
Texhnolyze
Roujin Z
Sep 8, 2010 9:05 PM

Dec 2009
One word - opinion. You have an opinion, I have an opinion, and so does everyone else in the world, and people's opinions don't always coincide with each other. Its how the world works.

If you are looking for recommendations, look into some of the seinin manga out their, they tend to be for an older audience (I think someone already said this, and so Im just further cementing there OPINION)
Sep 9, 2010 6:02 AM

Mar 2010
Well, you should be the one deciding what good anime is and what's "intelligent" and "mature".

Truthfully, I wasted hours upon hours on this site looking at animes that caught my eye with their cover picture until the score dipped below 7.

Read the intro on MAL and see if sounds like it's worth putting on your to watch list. After that? Look for the recommendations of, "if you like this..."

Animeplanet was a good place too. I'd type in animes I liked and it'd come up with similar genres/animes.

I'm a picky anime watcher, but I'd get SOOO bored if all my animes were like Ergo Proxy. Sometimes a little junk that requires little thought is good. I like to switch up genres so I don't get bored. It's already hard finding unique animes, that's only going to appear less if you watch one type of anime

PS-animes like Laine are pretentious as hell, I dropped it so quick
Sep 9, 2010 6:54 AM

Feb 2005
TraumaHunter said:
actually the REAL reason that most everything is rated above a 5 (technically avg) is because only the people who have WATCHED will rate it. and why would someone WATCH something that doesnt (even if only slightly) appeal to them?
Well, tastes can change, or appearances can be deceptive. I'm sure plenty of users here started out with Naruto or Bleach and later found these to be bad enough to drop the scores. And then you have cases like me and Code Geass, where I was expecting something rather different from what it turned out to be.

And lastly, just because you watch something to be entertained does not necessarily mean you must give it a high score even if it entertained you.
I obviously knew full well Strike Witches would be a shallow pantsu anime from the moment I first read about it, but that didn't stop me from watching it when I was in the mood for brainless entertainment and fanservice.
That being said, I still gave it a low score.
Sep 9, 2010 12:37 PM

Aug 2009
Arcade_fire87 said:

Read the intro on MAL and see if sounds like it's worth putting on your to watch list. After that? Look for the recommendations of, "if you like this..."

Animeplanet was a good place too. I'd type in animes I liked and it'd come up with similar genres/animes.

That's what you should be doing if you find ratings to be deceptive. Screw ratings, reviews, whatever else. Start with series similar to those you've enjoyed b4 or dive into your fave genres.Just read the synopsis and try it out a few episodes if it interests you. It won't hurt to try a few episodes before reaching a conclusion. Still, if you go into a series with your expectations as high as Mt. Everest, these expectations might kill your satisfaction. After all, it's all opinions.
We are the United. Even in defeat we stand united.

Sep 9, 2010 4:58 PM

Aug 2008
Sep 9, 2010 5:01 PM

Mar 2010
LadySylvanas said:
Arcade_fire87 said:

That's what you should be doing if you find ratings to be deceptive. Screw ratings, reviews, whatever else. Start with series similar to those you've enjoyed b4 or dive into your fave genres.Just read the synopsis and try it out a few episodes if it interests you. It won't hurt to try a few episodes before reaching a conclusion. Still, if you go into a series with your expectations as high as Mt. Everest, these expectations might kill your satisfaction. After all, it's all opinions.

Yeah, Cowboy Bebop was a huge let down from the hype. Darker Than Black was way too hyped to. Who's the consensus for the "best" animes in America? And why is Bleach and Naratard popular?
Sep 10, 2010 2:18 AM

Mar 2009
Sep 10, 2010 11:13 PM

Mar 2010
chilon said:
I'm pretty sick and tired of anime.

I suppose I'm just talking to a bunch of kiddies here.. but can anyone recommend some shows for someone who likes to think? Along the lines of Planetes or Neon Genesis.

And if anyone mentions Wolf's Rain I'll ignore them forever.

Well, if other people have bad taste, there's nothing you can do. The mature thing to do is to leave those boys to their fapping, instead of whining about it here.

Anyways, it doesn't sound very convincing from you after I saw your anime list. :/
Sep 11, 2010 12:49 AM

Jun 2009
Hattori_Hanzo said:

Well, if other people have bad taste, there's nothing you can do. The mature thing to do is to leave those boys to their fapping, instead of whining about it here.

Anyways, it doesn't sound very convincing from you after I saw your anime list. :/
Yeah, a 10 for NGE and Azumanga Daioh, a 9 for Sailor Moon, a 8 for Naruto, a 7.9 mean score; a dropped and 4ed SEL. Definitely not the list of someone who should be criticising MALs scores.
Sep 11, 2010 3:55 AM
Mar 2009
NotSoEpicMuffinz said:

And not only that... I dont rate anything lower than 6, because anything that bad is not worth my time and is immediately dropped

And even 6 is pushing it, I only start enjoying stuff if its at least a solid 7, so youre not gonna see any 5s or below in my list, because I couldnt sit through it

Honestly, I feel that a lot of shows people applaud as profound/deep/etc (Ergo Proxy, GitS 2: Innocence, Lain - and I'm including ones I like here, too) are needlessly convoluted and pretentious.

And also this... I cant stand pretentious mindfuck crap either... Ergo Proxy was great for other reasons, but some middle episodes (like the theme park one) should have been removed
FrostwakeSep 11, 2010 4:01 AM
Sep 11, 2010 4:02 AM

Jun 2007
Why does "everything" have a score of 8-9/10? Because the majority of MAL's membership is made up of uneducated, inexperienced American 13-year-olds. If they see HD visuals/pretty colours, they think they've found the best anime ever - not having much to compare against - and rate it 10/10. It's that simple, really.

MAL isn't a site for critics. It's a site for ronrey tweens/teens to play in cyber sexing clubs.

...of course, your ratings are terrible, too - you having two of the most overrated films of all time as favourites. Ghibli sheep aren't cool in my book, tbh.
Sep 11, 2010 5:23 AM

Jul 2010
Because a score is just an opinion of the person. In my opinion, for me to score an Anime with a score 6 or lower, I have to find it being quite a boring series with a fair amount of "faults". An average to good series I will score 7-8. 9-10's are reserved for series that I thoroughly enjoy or I believe are just very well made.

People don't seem to use ratings 1-5 often, they seem fairly useless and I understand why. I view 6-10 as if the system was just a 1-5 rating, with 6 being "1 star" and 10 being "5 stars", so 7.5 is an "average" series.
Will you be able to do.... what must be done?

Sep 11, 2010 5:36 AM

Aug 2009
You should watch Boku no Pico
Sep 11, 2010 11:36 AM

Mar 2010
Aironic said:
Why does "everything" have a score of 8-9/10? Because the majority of MAL's membership is made up of uneducated, inexperienced American 13-year-olds. If they see HD visuals/pretty colours, they think they've found the best anime ever - not having much to compare against - and rate it 10/10. It's that simple, really.

MAL isn't a site for critics. It's a site for ronrey tweens/teens to play in cyber sexing clubs.

...of course, your ratings are terrible, too - you having two of the most overrated films of all time as favourites. Ghibli sheep aren't cool in my book, tbh.

*walks into topic with eyes that look like Brock*

Where is this section of MAL, I demand to know

*determined frowney face*

His list isn't that bad though. Except for having Naturao and being a little hypocritical to give one of the most popular worst animes of all time an 8, it's a fine list.

And screw that shit yo, I have memories of seeing Sailor Moon on tv as a kid before school
Sep 11, 2010 11:37 AM

Mar 2010
Kairen said:
You should watch Boku no Pico

Haha, I've heard that troll comment from someone else before on another forum
Sep 12, 2010 4:16 PM
Feb 2010
Gedo Senki is a really good movie to watch for your preferences.
Sep 13, 2010 6:42 PM

Apr 2009
Hey, everyone has an opinion. And even sometimes people that drop don't rate their dropped anime.

And mature stuff? Try:

Clannad
Welcome to the NHK
I heard Legend of the Galactic Heroes is a very high-rated anime for intelligent people
"If you feed me, Seymour, I can grow up big and strong!"
Jan 23, 2013 11:34 AM
Mar 2010
There's some really great recommendations here thank you everybody.

I don't mean to come across as pretentious and I'm not saying everything has to be "deep" but I am tired of the same old stereotypes. For example I absolutely adore Polar Bear Cafe and Azumangadaioh and whilst neither of these are psychological and intense, I feel that they're original and touching... y'know they really excel in certain areas.

Yet so much of the highly rated stuff here is the same thing... some young totally asexual boy being surrounded by horny young women who all love him... and he acts scared of them. If I was in that situations I'm pretty sure I'd be trying to arrange an orgy....

Anyyyyyyyyway. Thanks and whilst I've seen pretty much all of these recommendations I'm going to check out pretty much every one of the ones I haven't seen, especially Utena.
Jan 23, 2013 11:37 AM

Aug 2012
Holy crap what a thread bump. It almost sounds as if you didn't check these recommendations until now...

...Aside from that, since you gave Azumangah a 10, I'd recommend Nichijou.
Jan 23, 2013 11:55 AM
May 2012
chilon said:

Yet so much of the highly rated stuff here is the same thing... some young totally asexual boy being surrounded by horny young women who all love him... and he acts scared of them. If I was in that situations I'm pretty sure I'd be trying to arrange an orgy....
Here's an idea. Don't type in 'hentai' while searching for anime.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Almost cyberpunk sci-fi anime

Eternal-Destiny - 6 hours ago

2 by luckyrune »»
20 minutes ago

» Looking for Solo Leveling kind of anime

RiasuSama - Apr 16

9 by AnimeDownUnder »»
2 hours ago

» Anime male character not abused by female characters

EleganteX - Aug 15, 2015

22 by thorin001 »»
4 hours ago

» Girls with guns and knives

LoveYourEyes - Apr 22

6 by thorin001 »»
4 hours ago

» looking for anime recommendations from people who has similar taste

windyshadow - Apr 21

19 by WillGuabs »»
4 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.