Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
itazurana Kiss
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
May 1, 2008 9:59 PM

Aug 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Lmao pretty funny, but Kotoko's friends piss me off. Especially the black haired one.

May 1, 2008 11:05 PM

Apr 2008
Awesome, haven't laughed so hard in ages.
May 1, 2008 11:10 PM

Nov 2007
Great ending, though I have to agree with reaper about the black haired girl... Her voice is gonna drive me crazy!
May 1, 2008 11:11 PM

Jan 2007
really enjoyed this episode. the whole question part was hilarious, and that last bit was great.
May 2, 2008 12:17 AM

Nov 2007
such a good episode. yeah the clack haired girl is getting annoying, it reminds me of chibi nell from bleach but in no way as cute as chibi nell.
May 2, 2008 12:21 AM

Jul 2007
I loved this episode. This anime is really cute and funny. I don't know why but I really love those animes with the kind of stoic/cold guy and the silly girl.

I have to agree with DarkReaper, Kotoko's friends are pretty annoying, especially the dark haired one.

Watching this anime makes me kinda sad though since I know the author of the series died and the manga is unfinished..i wonder how the series will turn out in the end.

May 2, 2008 1:01 AM
Oct 2007
It was an awesome episode. Kotoko is getting cuter and cuter and Irie is opening up. Can't wait to see Kotoko in a kimono.

I agree that Jinko, the dark haired one, is kinda annoying. She's too over-the-top.
May 2, 2008 4:29 AM

Apr 2008
Really good episode this week! I like how Kotoko and Irie's characters are developing more in each episode, but the time moves quick. I mean this week is was christmas and next week it's going to be valentines day, very quick @.@

I also found this episode to be one of the funniest so far, especially the ending. :D

This episode made me want to study :o which is what I am ment to be doing now. XD
AoikokoroMay 2, 2008 2:50 PM
May 2, 2008 4:44 AM
Dec 2007
The studying part was hilarious XD
May 2, 2008 4:52 AM

Jul 2007
I enjoyed this episode way too much, the last part was really funny too^^,
May 2, 2008 4:55 AM

Mar 2008
that's the most stupid and annoying episode so far -_-
the first half made me totally discouraged with the lack of the story growth.. and those dark-haired bakas (both Jinko and Kin-chan) DID exasperate me a LOT with their voice and behaviour. I wish they were totally removed from the scene. I can however predict they'll marry each other in the end - that would be a noisy couple ^^
Hope the next ep will be more romantic after all. That romance atmosphere seen in previous eposdoes made me fall into the anime.
May 2, 2008 5:02 AM
May 2, 2008 5:08 AM

Feb 2008
Blah. I don't know. I kinda liked the episode, but I'm starting to dislike Kotoko. I mean, does that girl have one good point? (except being "nice"... it's not really that hard to be nice if you're that dumb)
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 2, 2008 5:36 AM

Feb 2007
While Jinko and Kin-chan were quite annoying, it was still another great episode.
May 2, 2008 6:15 AM
Nov 2007
Jinko is annoying, her voice can melt metal for sure, but that adds to the humour. The mum cracks me up.
May 2, 2008 6:22 AM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
Oh boy, that first half was so annoying. The second half was better, episode was okay.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
May 2, 2008 12:40 PM

Nov 2007
I enjoyed the fast pace of this episode. I feel like other shoujo series would've spent an episode on each half (studying for exams, Christmas), but Itazura plows right through both events. I also liked the little bit of insight into Naoki's feelings.

As for Kotoko not having "good points" ... Well, she's not good at school, and she's not good at cooking, but as Naoki says, she's willing to work hard even when she fails. To me, she feels like a pretty ordinary high school girl. For some reason, this is a positive to me ^^ Kotoko somehow isn't as annoying to me as some of the shoujo protagonists I've encountered (e.g., Miaka from FY).

[avatar from Tales of the Abyss]
May 2, 2008 1:23 PM

Nov 2007
Loved this episode. All of it was so brilliant, the studying, Kotoko working, Irie talking about feelings, it was really good. But Kin-chan is kinda annoying me a bit.
May 2, 2008 2:09 PM

Mar 2007
I liked this episode :) It gets us to about 3/4 through volume 2 of the manga. The preview for the next ep leads me to think it will finish off volume 2 (fear the power of a kotoko luck charm) . In this episode, I liked those two male classmates who had the unexpected ability to emit bishounen sparkles :)

My favorite parts of the series are the direct interactions between Kotoko and Naoki, their moments alone :)

For people wondering if Kotoko is good at ANYTHING, well, they didn't really show it in the anime, but she is a people person. When she worked in the restaurant, she made friends with the patrons and did a good job working there. They could have shown her being a clumsy waitress, breaking dishes (like Ranka in Macross F) or spilling things on people. But she actually is a competent, hard worker. Of course, this may stem from the fact that she grew up with a dad who runs a restaurant. Compared to Irie's genius, it may not seem like much though. Her skills are more people-related. She can make Irie more human :)

May 2, 2008 7:11 PM

Jul 2007
yeah, i found parts of this episode to be annoying but i LOVE how irie and kotoko's relationship is growing <3 it gets cutier and cutier every time. i SERIOUSLY hope they move off the comedy stuff and transition into more romance between the two <3 that would make this anime rock my socks lol
May 2, 2008 9:42 PM

Jun 2007
My favorite episode yet. :D It was hilarious to see all of F class in the house with Irie as the teacher.

I LOVED the end. Irie being so nice to Kotoko was beyond cute. I really love those two. <3
May 2, 2008 10:15 PM

Apr 2007
I loved this episode. A lot of Irie/Kotoko moments, but I don't think I'll ever get used to Kotoko's friends.
May 2, 2008 10:49 PM

Apr 2008
Fav ep so far. I honestly like the pace. Though it seems like alot has been covered, this ep is actually still part of vol 2 (out of 23 volumes of the manga). Pretty good adaptation so far; I was worried that this anime would butcher the beauty and humour of the original manga story, but so far.. not bad!
May 2, 2008 11:24 PM

Apr 2007
Wow, going to uni already, i wonder how thats gonna play out. Anyways, i liked the episode, and i always found Kotoko's friends annoying, Jinko and Kin mostly obviously, though i've gotten used to them.

Anyways, bring on the next ep~
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 2, 2008 11:48 PM

Jun 2007
awesome episode despite the fact that jinko and jin were both in it... those two are probably the most annoying friends anyone could have, and really, the most jin has done is in episode one trying to rescue kotoko's father.... and jinko... pretty much nothing.

the studying part was hilarious, i loved how irie's expressions were changing, and when he finally snapped, he decided to solve everything xD

even though this is going fast paced, i like i... i think this is a really awesome shoujo awesome, i already got over the style, and i am loving kotoko's voice actress... she does a freaking awesome job...

"i am sorry, but can i throw it away?".. that line cracked me up
"i feel like i might get cursed" haha

the ending was awesome as well. "regular, one bowl"... "USO!!!"

can't wait till next week's episode comes out, i need more xD

we got to know more about irie, which was a plus as well
May 3, 2008 12:02 AM

Oct 2007
NOOOOO!!! I DIDN'T GET TO SEE YUKI IRIE'S REACTION WHEN HE CAME HOME AND OPENED HIS DIARY. (CAP LOCK CAUSE BECAUSE I'M SO UPSET :XD)

Best line was "I'm sorry, but can I throw it away."
May 3, 2008 3:06 AM

Apr 2008
What a great episode!

This is probably my favourite episode of the series so far, surprisingly the comedy in ItaKiss is really good (compared to other "comedy" series' ... namely Special A) and I find myself enjoying each episode so much.

Jinko's seiyuu however can go die in a fire.
May 3, 2008 10:10 AM

Apr 2007
lol Irie reminds me of myself a bit. Not that I'm a genius or anything, but I'm a pretty easy learner and when people don't get what I think it's pretty easy, I feel like hitting my head on my desk. I love how the class practically begged for him to help them and he was cornered. Serves Kin-chan right for not doing so and then failing XD Better luck next time, Pride-kun.

I wonder what Kotoko will pick at university. Or Irie. If people keep bugging Irie to go to university though, I can see him not doing so out of spite, or using a "It's my life" argument. He's still an @$$, but I love when he teases Kotoko. XD

Oh, and Jinko's voice makes me want to claw my ears out. Jeez.
May 3, 2008 12:21 PM

Jan 2008
So I thought it was hiliarious. This whole show is like the most awkward thing ever, and that's coming from like the most awkward person ever. I nearly died when the mom said "If you don't make it into college, how about doing some housewife training"
May 3, 2008 1:39 PM

Dec 2007
the ending was hilarious XD
really cute episode

May 3, 2008 2:34 PM

Jul 2007
Awesome episode! I laughed several times, and the ending was just so adorable. I, for one, love Kotoko's classmates -- they've got fun personalities, the kind of people I'd like to be friends with. :D

oh, these little earthquakes
May 3, 2008 2:41 PM

Feb 2008
its funny, shes the only pretty looking girl among the flock. the rest are really unattractive, especally the black haired one. her voice is like a a crow with sore throat.
May 3, 2008 7:44 PM

Dec 2007
Hahaha the ending was so funny
May 3, 2008 8:08 PM

Mar 2008
best spring anime by far.
May 3, 2008 8:36 PM

Jun 2007
Richard_Omega said:
awesome episode despite the fact that jinko and jin were both in it... those two are probably the most annoying friends anyone could have, and really, the most jin has done is in episode one trying to rescue kotoko's father.... and jinko... pretty much nothing.

the studying part was hilarious, i loved how irie's expressions were changing, and when he finally snapped, he decided to solve everything xD

even though this is going fast paced, i like i... i think this is a really awesome shoujo awesome, i already got over the style, and i am loving kotoko's voice actress... she does a freaking awesome job...

"i am sorry, but can i throw it away?".. that line cracked me up
"i feel like i might get cursed" haha

the ending was awesome as well. "regular, one bowl"... "USO!!!"

can't wait till next week's episode comes out, i need more xD

we got to know more about irie, which was a plus as well

same. the part with the doll was hilarious xD!
May 3, 2008 8:54 PM

Sep 2007
Sometimes, I find it annoying, and typical, but every end makes me want to watch more of it! I loved the part where Irie-kun tutored her classmates, and the end, the picture one... ^^

Also, I love the OP song, really makes me wanna ask for more... How I wish their relationship would grow... ^^
May 3, 2008 9:06 PM

Mar 2008
that doll line was hilarious :D

I can relate to this anime alot. Irie's mom is just like my own. Really annoying >.< but it is funny to see :P
May 3, 2008 9:10 PM

Mar 2008
I love the art style of this anime too.
May 4, 2008 4:25 AM

Jun 2007
It's been a while since I've come across an anime like this. Although it is kind of predictable I still like it, and I like the opening song! Putting Kin-chan aside, I think that Jinko needs to go! Anyway, good episode.
May 4, 2008 9:41 AM

Sep 2007
Yeah the doll line was pretty hilarious and although I should've seen it coming, I didn't predict Irie to tease Kotoko about her job right before the picture xD

And at least Kin-chan is tolerable. Jinko is just not.
May 4, 2008 10:41 AM

Feb 2008
This anime has really grown on me. It just keeps getting funnier. At first I didn't like Kotoko because she seemed like the typical shoujo girl who loves the popular guy at first site etc.. But she's just impossible not to like, despite being an idiot she tries hard and is very kind.
May 4, 2008 3:03 PM

Dec 2007
Great episode, I really enjoyed it. I don't like the black haired one.
May 4, 2008 10:02 PM

Nov 2007
Darkreaper70 said:
Lmao pretty funny, but Kotoko's friends piss me off. Especially the black haired one.
Aw, I like her friends for the most part. xD

Anyway, another great episode. Usually Kotoko pwns Naoki at the end of the episode, but this time it was Naoki. Whatever, they're both getting closer, which is just w00tness.

I think I'll save this episode on my computer to rewatch again someday. ^^
May 5, 2008 8:16 AM

Jun 2007
pretty good episode. I enjoyed watching it.
At least this show is keeping it up.
May 5, 2008 10:11 AM

Oct 2007
loveeed this episode. i loved the little second counter in the corner of the screen. Jinko's voice IS annoying, but it doesnt bother me so much. Poor kin-chan, failing the test because he was too proud to go to kotoko's house and study with irie-kun XD

I loved kotoko with her part time job. I hope she keeps it :3 she's so cute when she's working. For a 'dumb' female lead, kotoko is quite refreshing. Though, thats probably because i'm comparing her to miki (marmalade boy) who was so clumsy,dumb, and annoying it was painful.

ooh, kotoko doll was awesome. And i loved irie's reaction to finding out she had worked the job to pay for the gift. so cute~
May 5, 2008 11:25 PM

Aug 2007
Nice ep. Irie teasing Kotoko..heheh
May 6, 2008 3:24 AM

Jan 2008
nice ep XD Irie teasing Kotoko... sweet :P
We're all insane
May 9, 2008 1:00 PM

Oct 2007
I can honestly say this is the first time I've wanted to erase a characters existence from my memory... Jinko (the black haired, fat friend) is by far the most annoying character ever.. they already made her hideous did they have to add the horrendous voice on top of that? If this wasn't pre-recorded i would go out, find her seiyuu, lock her in a room and not let her out until the show was over... ugh... like nails on a chalkboard i swear.... other than that the end was cute...
May 10, 2008 1:09 PM

Apr 2008
nice episode. i liked how time went by real fast. most shoujo spend several episodes covering these themes.
...and some of Kotoko's classmates got eyes at last! these background characters are freakily blank most of the time.
also, her getting a job was a plus as she's relatively useless so far.
May 10, 2008 2:11 PM

Nov 2007
LOL, no one likes Jinko xD I also find her annoying - her voice is honestly something that should NOT be recorded for other purposes than to make your enemies deaf.

Kotoko is a nice girl.. she's not very intelligent but at least she has some ambition and tries.

You know what? It's actually one of the few shoujo shows I remember where they actually study onscreen xD Most anime has characters who seem to spend their whole day doing anything but studying ;P
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Itazura na Kiss Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

zvuc - May 15, 2008

115 by lanepaires »»
Feb 16, 11:08 AM

Poll: » Itazura na Kiss Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

radiantfire - Apr 4, 2008

116 by Winsssvts »»
Jan 20, 3:33 AM

Poll: » Itazura na Kiss Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Kokujin-kun - Aug 10, 2008

87 by Mugiwara_san »»
Dec 5, 2023 8:18 AM

» What do u think guys if this Anime get a reboot version 🤔 like Fruits basket, Sailor moon

Chhaya_j27 - May 18, 2023

18 by Raegal1 »»
Nov 15, 2023 1:59 PM

Poll: » Itazura na Kiss Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Jei_Ken - Sep 19, 2008

153 by AoiroBlueColor »»
Oct 11, 2023 7:36 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.