Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Jun 25, 2010 10:30 PM

Oct 2008
One of the most useless series I watched.
Uninteresting/plain characters with an annoying girl as the protagonist.
Next season - more annoying stuff. Can't hope for anything better from this series.
Jun 25, 2010 11:54 PM

Jun 2007
Hijikata truly became the demon commander.

Looks like Kazama's priorities changed for the time-being...
xellossJun 25, 2010 11:57 PM
Sore wa himitsu desu.
Jun 26, 2010 3:11 AM

Oct 2009
I just want to ask one question. What the hell is wrong with Yukimura? Inoue basically sacrificed his own life in order for her to run away. And, then she doesn't run and instead tries to fight the guys. What the hell is wrong with her thinking process? If she hadn't been saved at the last moment, she would have died, no question about it. She basically just made Inoue's sacrifice useless. Erghh, such an incredibly annoying character. I don't think I'll be able to watch the second season. As I'm watching the last episode, the score is just going down from 7/10 to 6/10 to 5/10.
Jun 26, 2010 4:22 AM

Apr 2009
What the FUCK? I mean, seriously? About the ONLY freaking character I cared about in this heap of bishies thrown into a bullshit story whose heroine could as well be a piece of furniture, that's how useless she is...so, that sole character not only gets 1/50th the screen-time I'd like him to (although I'm used to my favourite characters being on the margin of everything), but also DIES in the end? In such a stupid way? WHAT? That's...that's...>.< FFFFFFFF-
/rant

Also, Chizuru, burn. BURRRRN.
- If you believe this place holds you, it is a prison.
If you do not wish to leave, it will become a fortress.

Current icon:
Kusuriuri from Mononoke
by pana (LJ username)
Jun 26, 2010 4:35 AM

Aug 2009
I wasn't expecting it to end like this, I gotta say It was pretty sad. Especially when the music kicked in.

Yay for a 2nd season!
Jun 26, 2010 5:32 AM

Sep 2008
I don't really know what has happened throughout this whole season, but the guys are good looking and there is ponytail so I pretty much don't care. I like when the good guys die though. <3
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 26, 2010 7:46 AM

Oct 2008
I've got three words

HaTERS GONNA HATE :)
Jun 26, 2010 9:56 AM
Jan 2009
So was that definitely the end of the first season? The preview at the end for the next episode made it seem like there would be another episode not a wait for a new season. Anyone know when the new one will start?

I loved the episode though I kind of wish there was a bit more info and action. The Hijikata fight was good but I can't believe

My only discrepancy is that when
Not that it is really a big deal or anything but ya know.

I keep waiting for Chizuru to do... something strong. Or anything at all, she is oni after all. So far I feel like she is a Yuuki Cross type, characterized as strong but doesn't do a damn thing.

And there really are no real romantic indications between anyone, it's surprising.

I was wondering how they would end the war with the characters considering that most of them had died in real life. There are too many that we want to keep seeing.

And, was that Saito I saw in the preview dressed in his Meiji garb?
Jun 26, 2010 10:02 AM
Jan 2009
Yumei_Noir said:
I just want to ask one question. What the hell is wrong with Yukimura? Inoue basically sacrificed his own life in order for her to run away. And, then she doesn't run and instead tries to fight the guys. What the hell is wrong with her thinking process? If she hadn't been saved at the last moment, she would have died, no question about it. She basically just made Inoue's sacrifice useless. Erghh, such an incredibly annoying character. I don't think I'll be able to watch the second season. As I'm watching the last episode, the score is just going down from 7/10 to 6/10 to 5/10.

Cenedess said:
What the FUCK? I mean, seriously? About the ONLY freaking character I cared about in this heap of bishies thrown into a bullshit story whose heroine could as well be a piece of furniture, that's how useless she is...so, that sole character not only gets 1/50th the screen-time I'd like him to (although I'm used to my favourite characters being on the margin of everything), but also DIES in the end? In such a stupid way? WHAT? That's...that's...>.< FFFFFFFF-
/rant

Also, Chizuru, burn. BURRRRN.

Totally agree with you about Chizuru
Jun 26, 2010 10:15 AM

Jun 2010
I love this anime! Episode 12 was super sad. :(( *waiting for 2nd season*
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 26, 2010 10:38 AM

May 2007
tensainobaka said:

I was wondering how they would end the war with the characters considering that most of them had died in real life. There are too many that we want to keep seeing.

Don't worry, Yamanami and Heisuke are also alive...

BTW, NOBODY semed to care about Kondo. Even if there's a battle going on, he's still the commander >__>

Anyway.
This was the most irritating series I've ever seen. Never have I yelled so many times during any show, my dad can confirm that >_>
I know I should have stopped at episode one, but my curiosity won.

But now I want a Peace Maker Kurogane #2 at least.
FyndraJun 26, 2010 11:33 AM
'I think of my fellow men from the Shieikan as my lifelong comrades. My most proud and precious good fortune has been to have met all of you, Soji.' [Yamanami Keisuke, vice-commander, Shinsengumi]
Jun 26, 2010 11:14 AM

Jun 2009
.....no comment. I wonder why most anime from spring season, their last episode is so badD: except B gata. The part where Inoue-san and Yamazaki died is really sad, and at the end they show us the second season^.^ Yay they will change their clothes to western-ish like. Can't wait to see Heisuke in short hair, he looks better than long hair

Overall, okay ep I guess, hope 2nd season will be better than first season.

Jun 26, 2010 11:59 AM

May 2010
Fai said:

Ololololol. Suuure.

Useless-Sue lead female ? CHECK.
Bishonen Guardians? CHECK.
Cardboard-Cutout side characterS(seriously did anyone ACTUALLY care for shinsegumi doodles?)? CHECK.
Overblown forced drama? CHECK
Overdramatic first season ender just so they can milk the stuff more and produce season2, instead of finally shooting the sick horse? CHECK~

Overall: I regret having sat through this.

2/5 for this episode, 1/5 for series.

LOOOL.

I totally agree with you, but think about it, this anime is based on an otome game. DUH.

Of course the anime would be this shitty. Though, the otome game is way better.

I love the game, but fucking Chizuru. She annoys the SHIT out of me. She cries, screams, cries again, gets everyone in troubling situation, JUST SO THEY CAN SAVE HER SORRY ASS.

It's just like Vampire Knight, except Chizuru is way more worse. Yuuki actually fucking does something. Chizuru DOES NOTHING. only reason to watch this series? For an animated Kazama, of course<3
BrokenGlassDollsJun 26, 2010 12:06 PM
Jun 26, 2010 12:14 PM

Jan 2009
Chizuru never fails to anger me, and make me shout at my screen LMAO. :'( I don't understand how someone can be so absolutely useless...
Anyway, thank goodness there's going to be a second season, because for a final episode, that was certainly not a very fulfilling ending. XD Can't wait to see them in their new outfits.. hahah... /priorities.
Jun 26, 2010 12:36 PM

Aug 2009
Good but i never expected to wrap the first season like this!

it Certainly need smthing, and is missing smthing

Hope the 2nd season is better
Jun 26, 2010 1:04 PM

Feb 2009
This is even worse than some anime I've watched based on ero-games (11Eyes/Tayutama). I think DEEN + Visual Novels/Games does not really compute you know what I'm talking about...

I'll still watch season 2 though. There is still Saito in that Western/Modern clothing that I am dying to see XD.

And please please... somebody kill Chizuru already. I thought she was going to do something for once when she FINALLY was able to draw her sword but =_= just WOW. She must be the most worthless girl I've encountered so far.
censcellaJun 26, 2010 1:33 PM
At first I was like, (╬ ಠ益ಠ)
Σ(゚∀´(┗┐ヽ(・∀・ )ノ <--- Then I was like
In the end, I was \(▽ ̄\( ̄▽ ̄)/ ̄▽)/ヤッタァー!!
Jun 26, 2010 2:13 PM

Aug 2009
When Yamazaki died.. tears were rolling down my eyes.. he was a really kind and sweet guy... T_T

I PRAY in SEASON 2 ... PLEASEEE LET CHIZURU KICK SOME ASS!!!!

cause its really annoying how all she does is yell and scream in the battles...
Jun 26, 2010 2:31 PM

May 2009
I felt like they rushed the last 5-8 episodes. Becuase there was alot of information beging thrown at us. So the story was bit blury. The bad thing is we already know who Chizuru is gona end up with...And there where alot of deaths at the end. (not to mention that the oni potion was taken by alot of people o.O which they nevered showed to us!)

This is one of my favorite anime so far this season! I liked at the begining because it was a reverse harme. Which we don't see many these days ;___;...The art was pretty and i hope they continue that art. Unlike some serise who seem to be coping K-On art...

YES! 2nd season!!! I was all sad because i thought "OH NO! IT ENDED ;A;!!" but the preview at the end just made my day! I can't wait for the new season with a new dress style. :D!

Chizuru.....all she does is scream in battle...she's getting way to annoying for me. I hope someone makes her alittle stronger so we don't have to watch her scream the whole anime!
SweetlollipopJun 26, 2010 2:35 PM

Jun 26, 2010 7:26 PM
Jun 2010
shadowsword said:
Next season - more annoying stuff. Can't hope for anything better from this series.

Everything said here.

I give 5/10

Jun 26, 2010 8:36 PM

Feb 2009
Why was Chizuru so uselesss,
Why was this the first episode that Hijikata really got some backdrop other than ordering people around?
Why did so many semi-useless characters have to die for no reason?

Why was the story so confusing?

These questions are beating my brain up. But it doesn't matter. Hijikata in Western clothing.

I'll be there for the second season.

Jun 26, 2010 11:03 PM

Jul 2008
Fai said:
Aww, sorry for disagreeing with your opinion on how GREAT this anime was :<

i agree with you.

this show had/still has potential. everything up to episode 11 was good.

but c'mon, ep 12 had nothing. here are some problems:

1.what about the oni? did everyone forget that this was one of the main points?
2.what about her father? other than the most basic info, we learn no more (this was the main point).
3.everyone cried cuz some useless character died, was he even in more than one ep? even if he was, there is no way he was important to the show (the ninja/doc thing i understand but the other guy? c'mon).
4.its the last ep of an action anime, GIVE ME MY BATTLE, and dont end it with "looks like we both get to live."
5.this occurs during the whole series but... CHIZURU IS A BITCH... dont try to act like you gonna do something when all you can do is cry like a bitch only to be saved... many people got injured because she hesitates (like a bitch)... im surprised she even unsheathed her sword (she almost fooled me, like she was gonna do something, now thats funny)

obviously point number 5 pissed me off the most. worst character idea EVER... a female lead as useless as a golden paperweight

i just remembered...
6.chizuru's twin... ill just leave it at that
7.vampires? really? silver bullets? c'mon

5/10 only because the actual fighting scenes and the blood,
Jun 27, 2010 12:36 AM

Apr 2009
silent_killer said:
I've got three words

HaTERS GONNA HATE :)

Oh, I'm gonna.

And what pisses me off is that I'm a closure fag, so I'm probably still going to watch the second season >.< I hope it's better than this one.
- If you believe this place holds you, it is a prison.
If you do not wish to leave, it will become a fortress.

Current icon:
Kusuriuri from Mononoke
by pana (LJ username)
Jun 27, 2010 1:07 AM
Oct 2009
Inoue Genzaburo and Yamazaki Susumu died during the Battle of Toba-Fushimi in a historical fact.
Chizuru is really annoying though, Their death was the way which was not avoided.
Because hakuouki is story based on real shinsengumi after all.

Heisuke and Sannan(Yamanami) who should have been dead in the historical fact is still alive. I hope they will survive.
I know about historical fact. But I'm not sure where hakuouki story goes.

Anyway! Chizuru-chan!!! Please grow up. Please learn how to use your brain. Let's do something.
You want to help Hijikata don't you? But You will never be able to help and protect HIjikata as long as you are naive.
So grow up. Ganbatte ouenshiterukara (But I know It's all up to scriptwriter's job. Please scriptwriter!! grow her up )

And Hijikata.
Your sad face made me want to cry.
I can feel your pain. Please don't blame yourself.

---------------------------------
I'm sorry. I am not good at English.
English is not my native language.
Jun 27, 2010 6:24 AM

Jun 2009
The last Samurai...

Chizuru meh all the way.. talking all the way when about to die or talking to the enemy

Chizuru shut up pls

Hiji's battle with Kazama awesome

Good thing there's a part 2 if not my score would be 7/10
Live well - Laugh often - and Love much

Jun 27, 2010 10:05 AM
Jun 2010
Even the battle scene are crap, I've seen better. They're tried so hard in the last 2 episode to bring us good fights but they failed. And the end was so crappy, the oni suddently gets raped by whats-his-name-black-hair-purple-eye because he took that red liquid, was this oni suppose to be godly powerful with all his confidence and awsome looks ? What the hell was with this guy suddenly showing beside whats-his-name-black-hair-purple-eye, I didn't get this part. The female lead is so annoying. Using her as the narrator would make more sense in a novel or a book, but in anime it's so stupid to put a cry baby as a main character.

Silver bullets can rape those zombie like samurai ? lol yay for originality. basically Hakuoku is a random vampire/demon/whatever story with japonese history

Jun 27, 2010 10:53 AM

Mar 2010
Too many deaths..Last ep was really sad.But it looks that season 2 will be more interesting.Still a great anime of this season.
Jun 27, 2010 7:35 PM
Jun 2010
i loved the first season, yes it leaves it on a cliffhanger but atleast there is a second season! hopefully there will be some romance between people!!!
Jun 27, 2010 8:01 PM
Dec 2009
It seems i wont have to bother watching the 2nd season.
Jun 27, 2010 8:26 PM

Jan 2008
This anime was a serious disappointment to me. I'd been looking forward to it since I heard they were making an anime adaptation of the game. I was all hyped about the first episode and then it fell into a rut *sobs* the episodes kept coming but the plot ceased to progress. It's such a shame, especially with how pretty the art was.

I can appreciate anime that are slow paced, and if the run time had initially been 24 episodes and they didn't rush the last three episodes, I'd have had a much better opinion of it.

Whether forunate or unfortunate, I can say that while I've seen much better, I've also seen worse. I may be a glutton for punishment but I'll watch the second season with the weak hope that someone takes pity on this anime and tells me the answer to the question I've been harboring since the first episode: where the hell is Chizuru's father?

Well that was long-winded and overly dramatacized...my apologies...
Jun 27, 2010 8:41 PM

Nov 2007
that was such a terrible ending, LMFAO. gj as usual, studio deen. 8[ but seriously though. it felt like it was just chizuru going all EEHHH??? HIJIKATA-SAN!!! for 12 straight weeks. oh well, at least there'll be a second season. in which we finally see them in the greatest uniform ever made. 8)a giving this a 6 out of 10 only b/c the boys were pretty.
Jun 28, 2010 7:37 AM

Feb 2008
I would have liked this a lot more if Chizuru died... at least once an episode.
Had a decent story but they sorta just ran around with it.

Art was pretty and good soundtrack.
Chizuru's I wanna help attitude is a piss of when all she ever does is get saved and make tea.
Essentially nothing has been accomplished if you consider where this story was going. (other than killing Itou)
The drama didn't fit the scenes it was forced into. The only way you can find this dramatic is if you're easily attached to characters or have played the game.
When Yamazaki/Inoue died all I could think was "so?" they barely had any character development.
Chizuru needs to learn to STFU and GTFO
The fight scenes were average but they lose points for rarely actually having a victor.
so 6/10 or so.
KurazieJun 28, 2010 7:57 AM
Jun 29, 2010 1:07 AM

Dec 2008
8th_Sin said:
I don't think it's possible for guys or serious anime viewers to really like shows like this... Too many plot holes and erratic behaviors.

It's pointless asking fangirls what's good about a show when they're watching it for bidanshi and melodrama.

Well sir it's absolutely possible. You have quite a few here.
Jun 29, 2010 1:46 PM

Apr 2010
ANBUCrodon said:
I would have liked this a lot more if Chizuru died... at least once an episode.
Had a decent story but they sorta just ran around with it.

Art was pretty and good soundtrack.
Chizuru's I wanna help attitude is a piss of when all she ever does is get saved and make tea.
Essentially nothing has been accomplished if you consider where this story was going. (other than killing Itou)
The drama didn't fit the scenes it was forced into. The only way you can find this dramatic is if you're easily attached to characters or have played the game.
When Yamazaki/Inoue died all I could think was "so?" they barely had any character development.
Chizuru needs to learn to STFU and GTFO
The fight scenes were average but they lose points for rarely actually having a victor.
so 6/10 or so.

absolutely agreeing XDDD didn't want to express all the negative points as I know i will end up not watching the 2nd season

I had high hopes for this show so i tried to endure it eventhough it was putting me to sleep..
The only thing that save me from thinking this show is absolutely pointless is that there will be a season 2... at least there is a potential to improve...
xxbluebirdxxJun 29, 2010 1:51 PM
Jun 29, 2010 6:14 PM

Feb 2010
shadowsword said:

Yeah...It's sad cause the art was good though...

Totally disappoint.

Jun 30, 2010 7:44 AM

Oct 2008
Saki_Angel said:
shadowsword said:

Yeah...It's sad cause the art was good though...

Totally disappoint.

Agreed about the art - that's the only reason I did not give this anime a 1 because the art is good. Anything else is bad about it.
Jun 30, 2010 1:24 PM

May 2008
anyway I really liked this anime, I liked the characters, Music, Animation was pretty good, Still A lot of stuff I want to know about, lIke Chizuru's Brother, But theres going to be a 2nd season and hopefully there will be more fighting and Chizuru will be more useful, I still like her though. I give the show 8/10 :D
Jul 1, 2010 9:25 PM

Apr 2009
YAMAZAKI-SANNNNNN :(

Im looking forward to next season and hopefully we will get some incite on Oni and whatever. Hopefully we see more Koaru and I really hope Okita survives. Or i just might die.
Jul 2, 2010 9:09 PM

Jul 2010
Kanade-chan said:
:/ The ending was too sad and too many people died ;_;

I agree, too many people died... D;
The ending seemed really rushed to me, but since theirs a season two ... I doesn't really matter right?
Jul 3, 2010 5:18 PM

Dec 2008
Fai said:
Ololololol. Suuure.

Useless-Sue lead female ? CHECK.
Bishonen Guardians? CHECK.
Cardboard-Cutout side characterS(seriously did anyone ACTUALLY care for shinsegumi doodles?)? CHECK.
Overblown forced drama? CHECK
Overdramatic first season ender just so they can milk the stuff more and produce season2, instead of finally shooting the sick horse? CHECK~

Overall: I regret having sat through this.

2/5 for this episode, 1/5 for series.

I LOL when i read this comment and It´s completely true xD
Jul 6, 2010 7:16 AM
Jul 2010
I really like the series, but I was kinda looking forward to seeing Chizuru fight once in a whole. I think the writers for the anime wanted to keep the same damsel in distress vibe that comes with most otome games, so I was half expecting her to not fight for herself.

I'm a Chizuru fan for sure, but haha, did anybody go "awwww" when Hijikata showed up to fight against Kazama instead of her? I think the problem is that they (shinsengumi) will always be protecting her even if she wanted to do something badass. XP

Note: Oh man, western uniform Hijikata. +_+ Chizuru be a lucky, little girl.
Jul 6, 2010 7:18 AM
May 2009
Shinsengumi. Aslong as its in it and its done well, and the characters are portrayed well. It is good.
Jul 6, 2010 10:02 AM

Apr 2009
This series was seriously boring. It gets 2 points for good-looking guys and Okita, and 1 point for a story that wasn't /complete/ shit, and 1 point for everything else. Actually the contrast between the good-looking characters and the background characters was sort of awkward, and boring-ass Miki Shinichiro voicing Hijikata was expectedly boring.
I'll probably watch the sequel for more of the good-looking guys. Damn it.
Jul 6, 2010 11:51 AM

Apr 2010
Tsk, Chizuru, that girl needs to grow some brains, reinforcements aren't coming already, they're being shot anyway!

The plot was abit too extreme, Chizuru, Chizuru, how many people have to die/get injured trying to protect such a useless character? All she's doing is scream and when she draws her sword she never uses it such a cowardly character.

Kazama, seriously, horns? HAHAHAHA crap.

Yamazaki...I'm sick of people dying, but at least he didn't die for Chizuru, I'm happy for that.

If it's anything, I'm watching this for Toshi-san, Okita-san, Saitou-san. I'll be waiting for the next season, but if that Chizuru still stays the same coward she is I'm not guaranteeing that some casualties will go flying here and there.
Jul 7, 2010 6:31 AM

Feb 2008
I'm not certain i really want to bother with the second season since Yukimura didn't die...
Jul 7, 2010 9:26 AM

Nov 2007
the entire show made no sense to me. i watched it all at once (rather than waiting for eps to air) at the end and it felt like none of the episodes had any coherencey except for the whole rasetsu thing
Jul 10, 2010 5:38 AM

Jan 2009
It wasn't horrible, but nowhere near great either. The animation and fights were pretty cool, whereas the story was lacking.
Jul 10, 2010 7:58 AM

May 2008
Yamazaki ;___; The ending scene made me cry so bad that I ended up in my room so that no one could see me >_> He's the only reason why I watched this series even though he just had few screen time but he gets my attention. Its sad that he won't be there in the second season anymore.

Agh! Chizuru is useless but that doesn't mean I don't like her.I like her and I hope she fights or do atleast something in the second season not just stand there and do nothing.

And they better bring Kaoru back because I'm in need for more trappu <3 anyways this episode is okay but too fast so i'm looking forward of the second season.

Love is filled with mystery
Jul 11, 2010 10:33 AM

May 2009
i liked everything about the anime except the end. but i guess everything about her father and twin brother will be answered in the 2nd season
Jul 11, 2010 11:36 PM
Jul 2010
***THESE ARE ONLY OPINIONS***

My first impression on hakuouki anime was "Oh great! It's an anime made after kazuki-yone-sama's game Hakuouki, it includes bad-ass samurai that will kick ass!"

But god was I wrong, I could barely get through the first episode.

-Chizuru is simply pathetic
-(I am biased) Everything that kazama says is so...so... true
-Art is not my taste
-Bad storyline, hard for someone who does not enjoy shojo to get into it
-Makes the game look bad
Jul 11, 2010 11:41 PM
Jul 2010
supersayen said:
Even the battle scene are crap, I've seen better. They're tried so hard in the last 2 episode to bring us good fights but they failed. And the end was so crappy, the oni suddently gets raped by whats-his-name-black-hair-purple-eye because he took that red liquid, was this oni suppose to be godly powerful with all his confidence and awsome looks ? What the hell was with this guy suddenly showing beside whats-his-name-black-hair-purple-eye, I didn't get this part. The female lead is so annoying. Using her as the narrator would make more sense in a novel or a book, but in anime it's so stupid to put a cry baby as a main character.

Silver bullets can rape those zombie like samurai ? lol yay for originality. basically Hakuoku is a random vampire/demon/whatever story with japonese history

Don't rape the oni! XD
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hakuouki Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Jinjos - May 1, 2010

67 by Dywei »»
Jan 27, 7:33 AM

Poll: » Hakuouki Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Plate - Apr 3, 2010

201 by abystoma2 »»
Jan 9, 1:30 AM

» * SPOIL * Am I the only one who want Chizuru dead ????

Ibuki-Ryunosuke - Sep 29, 2014

18 by Weeaboo_Bomber »»
Jan 4, 10:54 AM

Poll: » Order of watching Hakuoki?

WinnDixieX3 - Sep 21, 2014

9 by ForgotEyeWasHere »»
Nov 10, 2023 2:46 PM

Poll: » Hakuouki Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - May 29, 2010

68 by Josie5 »»
Sep 20, 2023 11:40 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.