Yukimura Chizuru ...........

- Weak
- Stupid
- Useless
- Can’t defend herself worth a damn
- Mary Sue
- Annoying
- Cry baby

no matter how annoying and stupid other anime character may seem, Chizuru is 100x more annoying than them.

All her actions screw the Shinsengumi. What a dumb bitch! She can’t fight, she never learns. She never makes herself useful except for warming Sake, bring tea or chopped some carrots. And even then she can’t mind her own dumb ass business. She runs out directly into trouble, so that way, a guy from the Shinsengumi come to save her, only to end up getting himself hurt or killed. Then all she do is scream the character name ( like with Inoue !!!! ) or yelling '' Nooooooooo''. The next episode , she run into shit again only to get another guy killed.

it’s not like I didn’t want to like her, I try so hard to at least be able to look at her without punching my computer screen but fuck! I can't describe her with words !!
Jan 3, 2015 11:41 AM

Sep 2014
I don't know if I want her DEAD, but yeah, I don't like her pretty much xD
I don't have the faintest idea why she carries that kodachi if she doesn't even know how to use it... =.= And she's a f***ing crybaby, of course...
I won't go as far as wanting her dead, though xD
Mar 24, 2015 7:54 AM
Nov 2014
i don't want her dead, but i would like the writers to have her character develop - let's see her fighting skills, her prowess as a healer, some of those demon powers maybe. stop having the men have to "save" her all the time, and for the love of god, no more fainting.

it wouldn't hurt for her to grow up physically either. she has not changed a bit in four years?
Mar 31, 2015 12:58 PM

Jun 2014
Ya, I wouldn't say I want her dead per se, but I agree that as a character she doesn't progress at all. I related her to Ibuki in the 'first' season, but he actually developed as a character over that season.

There were also some incredibly dumb moments that had me saying wtf...literally. Like I'm bleeding, oh you have blood-lust and it's extremely painful and hard to control....well let me run towards you and flaunt my blood in your face.
Mar 31, 2015 1:02 PM

Jan 2015
Why did she never learn to use her stupid sword!?!?!? Also she could have given them all her blood to sustain them. She sucks.
Nov 18, 2016 10:28 PM
Jan 2015
Wrong
Wrong
And wrong.
Jfc you guys are very wrong..
Dec 11, 2016 10:15 AM
Mar 2016
No you are not . She's probably the worst anime character I've seen so far .
Apr 19, 2017 6:40 PM
Jan 2015
mgronald said:
Why did she never learn to use her stupid sword!?!?!? Also she could have given them all her blood to sustain them. She sucks.

Chizuru is not there for combat. She's not a member of the Shinsengumi by any technical standards. In fact, it’s the opposite. She’s not permitted to train with the soldiers because she’d be found out, and one of the most explicit rules of the Shinsengumi is that no women are permitted to become members.

Training combat would have her found out, and as a result, the Shinsengumi would be destroyed – that’s what happens when your captains, vice-commanders and commanders break the code, after all. Not to mention with the political tensions, there’s really no time for the members of the Shinsengumi to properly teach her on an individual basis. Kenjutsu training was done in large groups for that very reason – and it’s also why Saitou and Okita “test” her to make sure she’s capable of the most basic of self-defense before putting in a request to allow her to leave the compound at all. In a sense, she is their secret and their burden. There were enough questions raised about who this person was, why they had their own quarters during their time in Mibu at the Maekawa/Yagi houses, when even the captains shared sleeping quarters.

She’s not a trained female samurai, she’s just an average girl who was not expected to be capable of such things. In some routes, she develops differently, but it doesn’t change the fact that she’s clearly not the type suited for that sort of combat.
Apr 19, 2017 6:42 PM
Jan 2015
lilcoffeebean said:
Ya, I wouldn't say I want her dead per se, but I agree that as a character she doesn't progress at all. I related her to Ibuki in the 'first' season, but he actually developed as a character over that season.

There were also some incredibly dumb moments that had me saying wtf...literally. Like I'm bleeding, oh you have blood-lust and it's extremely painful and hard to control....well let me run towards you and flaunt my blood in your face.

You clearly never played the game... Her character develops in every route,but only a little in the series.
Apr 19, 2017 7:00 PM
Jan 2015
Ibuki-Ryunosuke said:

- Weak
- Stupid
- Useless
- Mary Sue
- Annoying
- Cry baby

no matter how annoying and stupid other anime character may seem, Chizuru is 100x more annoying than them.

All her actions screw the Shinsengumi. What a dumb bitch! She can’t fight, she never learns. She never makes herself useful except for warming Sake, bring tea or chopped some carrots. And even then she can’t mind her own dumb ass business. She runs out directly into trouble, so that way, a guy from the Shinsengumi come to save her, only to end up getting himself hurt or killed. Then all she do is scream the character name ( like with Inoue !!!! ) or yelling '' Nooooooooo''. The next episode , she run into shit again only to get another guy killed.

it’s not like I didn’t want to like her, I try so hard to at least be able to look at her without punching my computer screen but fuck! I can't describe her with words !!

lmao,all of that. literally ALL,is wrong. Do your research. Can it be any ore obvious that you don't know a single thing.
1)Alot of characters died because its historical FACTS, NOT because of Chizuru. 2)in a sense, Chizuru is useless. She’s useless because it’s fucking realistic.
3) She’s not a trained female samurai, she’s just an average girl who was not expected to be capable of such things. In some routes, she develops differently, but it doesn’t change the fact that she’s clearly not the type suited for that sort of combat.
4) Hakuouki is set in the 1800’s.Not a lot of women knew self-defense and how to use swords.
5)As for her being “stupid”, I will add that a character’s intelligence is subjective. A character might seem stupid to you, but not to someone else.
6)a female character’s worth/strength isn’t measured by whether or not she fights with a weapon. Chizuru is a strong character and does not need to be physically strong or be good at wielding a blade to be a strong character.
7)She doesn’t “need” to use her demon blood. She doesn’t “need” to be able to fight. She doesn’t “need” to be as physically strong as the male demons are shown. She is their emotional strength.
Finally 8) Usefulness comes in many colors, shapes and sizes, and it doesn’t necessarily mean doing what everyone else considers “useful” within the context of a wartime story.
Apr 20, 2017 12:23 AM

Jun 2014
Kyleigh said:

You clearly never played the game... Her character develops in every route,but only a little in the series.

That's true, I haven't and while not relevant to anything I said, I suppose it's good to know.
May 11, 2017 11:38 PM
May 2017
Well, I don't hate Chizuru that much. Not all characters can be perfect, just like in real life :) I can't really blame her for crying either, as she loses her father, and suddenly runs into a bunch of people killing each other when she comes to look for him.
Oct 3, 2020 10:44 AM
Jul 2020
I don't really want her dead, but her as a protagonist is hillarious. She was also given an option to leave the Shinsengumi, but she chose to stay and continued being a useless, dependable on everyone else lil shit. You can't just close your eyes when someone's about to slice you in half and expect someone else to take care of it. Oh, wait.. she does. And it happens 🤦🏼‍♀️ every. single. time. 🤦🏼‍♀️ My favourite anime, but goshdang my most hated character ever
Feb 6, 2021 5:26 AM

Jan 2021
I watched this thinking she was gonna be a good female lead but she's so useless?!
Mar 12, 2021 5:16 PM
Jan 2015
lordhiei said:
I watched this thinking she was gonna be a good female lead but she's so useless?!

she's not though.
Apr 11, 2021 1:19 AM
Voltekka!

Sep 2017
She's a self-insert, what did you expect? I mean I don't like her either (tbh she's pretty dumb) but if you treat her as a self-insert, she's much more bearable.
Jan 22, 2022 7:51 AM

Apr 2013
Ibuki-Ryunosuke said:

- Weak
- Stupid
- Useless
- Mary Sue
- Annoying
- Cry baby

Thank you. You said it all. :)

Sep 24, 2023 12:41 PM
Sep 2023
Agree with OP 100%
Playing the game rn & had to find out whether I'm alone with that opinion. Luckily not
Her only getting in the way, putting everyone in danger by her mere worthless presence & not even thinking about using her demon powers makes me furious

She's not realistic, only a burden who wouldn't be allowed to follow around those warriors irl. She doesn't even have to learn to fight, just push those enemies away with your superhuman strength, heal any scratches within a few seconds & stop using the men as a meat shield

Edit: chizuru being even worse in the anime sounds horrible, don't think I'd be able to take that
Jan 4, 10:54 AM
Feb 2022
Love it when all the weeaboo karens cry about one of the most realistic depictions of a woman in anime. Oh no, she is not a kick ass super ninja who beats all the guys into a pulp but rather a realistic weak woman who hasn't learnt to fight because it's literally not her profession nor did she ever need to fight.

You guys should watch Sailor Moon or some Marvel strahng whamen super hero show if you want unrealistic empowerment-fantasy characters you can project yourself into, lol. Get well soon.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hakuouki Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Jinjos - May 1, 2010

67 by Dywei »»
Jan 27, 7:33 AM

Poll: » Hakuouki Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Plate - Apr 3, 2010

201 by abystoma2 »»
Jan 9, 1:30 AM

Poll: » Order of watching Hakuoki?

WinnDixieX3 - Sep 21, 2014

9 by ForgotEyeWasHere »»
Nov 10, 2023 2:46 PM

Poll: » Hakuouki Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - Jun 19, 2010

155 by GerardoElMagias »»
Oct 24, 2023 12:56 PM

Poll: » Hakuouki Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - May 29, 2010

68 by Josie5 »»
Sep 20, 2023 11:40 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.