Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 10, 2010 4:27 PM
Dec 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Just confirmed that there are only 13 episodes with Newtype July.
Jun 10, 2010 4:56 PM

Aug 2008
Heibi said:

Just confirmed that there are only 13 episodes with Newtype July.

NO REALLY? :( it should have 26 episodes because we'll have to wait 2 years until a new season!! ( maybe)

btw, when are the subs of the episode 11 coming out? :O
Jun 10, 2010 5:05 PM
Dec 2008
They may do a fall or new year part 2 of season 2. No one knows. Maybe at the end of 13 we may be given a hint. I hope.

As for when subs will be out, it all depends on my translator. If he's traveling this weekend I won't have them till Monday or Tuesday to work on. Last weekend he was home and got them to me Saturday night. If he's out of town(Wednesday or Thursday release), if he isn't maybe Monday again.
Jun 11, 2010 11:08 AM

Feb 2009
Just watched the raw, and i guess they are doomed now, and yea 13 episodes make sense coz i guess they'll lose here, especially because they have seen through the coach's sign. And Tajima actually did better than i've expected, except he coudn't concentrate on both batting and being the catcher at the same time. Not as intense as the last episode, but still great XD
Jun 12, 2010 7:15 AM
Dec 2008
Heibi said:
They may do a fall or new year part 2 of season 2. No one knows. Maybe at the end of 13 we may be given a hint. I hope.

As for when subs will be out, it all depends on my translator. If he's traveling this weekend I won't have them till Monday or Tuesday to work on. Last weekend he was home and got them to me Saturday night. If he's out of town(Wednesday or Thursday release), if he isn't maybe Monday again.

Looks like he's traveling this weekend, so Wednesday or Thursday morning.
Jun 14, 2010 11:45 AM
Dec 2008
Translator says he'll get me the script tonight. So it looks like a Wednesday morning release.
Jun 16, 2010 6:29 AM
Jun 16, 2010 9:37 AM

Aug 2008
NOOOOOOOOO! Not only does it look like they're going to lose, but now it's only 13 episodes. This is terrible.
Jun 16, 2010 10:50 AM

Dec 2008
Man, that episode went fast. I find it funny that the pitcher got slightly intimidated by a batter making a weird face.

I also love Abe getting mad over all of this.

I can't wait for next week.
How long would it take to earn 50 million yen, Karasawa? - Katsuya
No longer than it would take to get to the bank, provided I have a gun. -Karasawa
I'm through talking with you. -Katsuya
Jun 16, 2010 11:12 AM

Oct 2009
cb27ded said:
Man, that episode went fast. I find it funny that the pitcher got slightly intimidated by a batter making a weird face.

LOL'd at this part too.

FUCK. 13 eps and now I'm doubting Nishiura can manage to win this tournament. It's like.. LOOK! 2 runs! Christ, they can't manage to give up more runs either.

Tajima takes the spotlight now, I like him MORE BETTER this time. Also, Nishihiro, welcomes his first at-bat, which unfortunately failed. I hope he can contribute to his team.
Jun 16, 2010 2:08 PM

Feb 2008
well it looks like the opposing catcher is falling apart, that's about the only ray of hope I see for them atm. especially if they don't figure out soon that their signs are being stolen.

I know its unrealistic of me, but I can't really respect a team that even wants to steal signs :/

Hope Mihashi starts shaking off signs on his own at some point and that it pays off. he could use the confidence boost and I think it might help his relationship with Abe too.

with only 13 episodes, I'm expecting them to lose next episode with 13 as the aftermath :(
Jun 16, 2010 2:43 PM
Dec 2007
Just perfect as usual.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Jun 16, 2010 11:39 PM

Jul 2007
Another great episode. Though the outcome of the game isn't looking too good.
Poor Tajima's brain can't concentrate on batting now that he has to take of the pitcher position too.

Still, I'm looking really forward to the last 2 episodes.
Jun 17, 2010 1:01 AM

Sep 2008
Damn that preview teasing me... argh... what'll happens in next game ? (don't give me spoiler, bro.)

And from what I heard they have enough material for 26 episode but not have good "checkpoint" to stop, that why this season only run for 13 eps. But I guess on next year we already have S3
Jun 17, 2010 2:04 AM

Nov 2007
Argh, I've been on the edge of my seat the hole time! Oh god, it's not looking good for them at all @A@. Nishiura!!!! GO!!!
Jun 17, 2010 6:39 AM

Jul 2009
Go, go, Nishiura! Or at least I want to say that, but it looks that they will lose. Anyways, still hoping for the win.
Jun 17, 2010 6:44 AM

May 2009
fertygo said:
And from what I heard they have enough material for 26 episode but not have good "checkpoint" to stop, that why this season only run for 13 eps. But I guess on next year we already have S3

That would be great.

Even if they don't win, this game has given the players a lot of important experience, not the least Abe and Mihashi. I really hope they will start to work more on an even ground from now on.
Mihashi losing control of his pitches when he goes full force was expected, I just hope he can up his speed without losing too much control to the next Koushien.

And on the edge of sanity I stumble and fall.
Jun 17, 2010 9:39 AM
Nov 2008
I'm glad to see Mihashi relying more on himself... Tajima is a really fast learner. Despite the data overload, he is able to call the pitches relatively well. Will Momo-kan be able to find out that her signs are being stolen?!?

Sad to see that the anime is ending soon, and this sorta confirms that Nishiura will lose (in addition to the foreboding next episode preview), and the last episode will be some reflections and wrapping up. I love to see the series continue next time, but I am no longer sure of how the story will go, since there's no Koushien for Nishiura this time... I'm no manga reader; I'm guessing they'll continue into their 2nd and 3rd years...
Jun 17, 2010 9:57 PM

Apr 2008
Baseball's not really a popular sport in my country so i'm not really sure but is stealing signs common/normal in baseball? Considering the coaches give signs kind of openly?
Jun 18, 2010 1:35 AM

May 2009
jacobpaige said:

I know its unrealistic of me, but I can't really respect a team that even wants to steal signs :/

Hope Mihashi starts shaking off signs on his own at some point and that it pays off. he could use the confidence boost and I think it might help his relationship with Abe too.

Well, stealing signs is a winning tactic as well. I'd been wondering why no one had tried it before. No team would like to lose, and Sayama's just using everything they have. Even thought it may look like it, I don't really know if calling it "cheating" would be the term. But I definitely would be peeved about it if I were in Momo-kan's place. Nishiura had better gear up!

I really want to see Mihashi shake off a sign and throw according to his own calculations!

2 more eps only.. :'(
S3 had better air soon!!
_____ _ _ ______

Within pain, there is desire.

_____ _ _ ______
Jun 18, 2010 11:41 AM

Nov 2008
It really doesn't look all too well for our boys now that they also stole Momo-kan signs D:
I hope they figure out a way to win anyway, I don't want them to lose >': GO NISHIURA!
The expressions in this anime are just epic XD Got me laughing hard over and over again :DD And Abe will go with hyper recovery now, lol. <3

I really hope they'll make S3, it would be sad without Oofuri ;A;

Jun 18, 2010 11:00 PM

May 2009
Looks like it will come down to how quickly Nishiura recognizes that the coach's signs have been stolen and adjusts to it. Given what happened to them earlier in the game, I don't think it will be too long. I do wonder who will be first to realize it. Tajima has tremendous awareness. Mihashi isn't too bad himself. But Abe's able to see it all from his vantage point, so I wouldn't be too surprise if he catches on first.

Anyone wanting to read more about stealing signs in baseball and how that's looked upon and dealt with among those within the profession should check this out: http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/columns/story?columnist=kurkjian_tim&id=1857661

With two episodes left, S2 will definitely end with the conclusion to this game. At the same time I don't necessarily think that means that they'll lose. S1 ended with Nishiura winning their opening round game in the tournament against Tousei, so I wouldn't be surprised if something similar happens at the end of S2.
Jun 25, 2010 1:36 AM

May 2009
ArcticMech said:

Anyone wanting to read more about stealing signs in baseball and how that's looked upon and dealt with among those within the profession should check this out: http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/columns/story?columnist=kurkjian_tim&id=1857661

:D
Oooh. Nice article. =)) I liked the part where Gwynn got sign-o-phobia. lol. :P
_____ _ _ ______

Within pain, there is desire.

_____ _ _ ______
Jan 19, 2011 4:44 PM

Feb 2009
Aaaaaaaaaa,too intense!
Kundalini said:
ArcticMech said:

:D
Oooh. Nice article. =)) I liked the part where Gwynn got sign-o-phobia. lol. :P

Looks more complicated than chess O_O

"Only the dead have seen the end of war".
~Plato~
Jul 12, 2012 2:57 PM

Jun 2011
neariver said:
Just watched the raw, and i guess they are doomed now, and yea 13 episodes make sense coz i guess they'll lose here, especially because they have seen through the coach's sign. And Tajima actually did better than i've expected, except he coudn't concentrate on both batting and being the catcher at the same time. Not as intense as the last episode, but still great XD

WTF shouldn't this be in the spoiler tag? damn!
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Dec 4, 2012 5:53 PM

Jul 2011
What... please don't lose. Not like this. ><
(Abe's out, makeshift catcher, signs stolen, suspicious Kurata)
Nov 2, 2013 3:08 PM

Jul 2012
I'm super frustrated that their signs are getting stolen. I hate how Nishiura loses the potential to win just because they've been studied too much. :/ ughh wish their batting lineup would be better. Even the best batters like Hanai and Tajima are not doing well.

ToG25thBaam said:
neariver said:

WTF shouldn't this be in the spoiler tag? damn!

Why did I just read this -.-
Nov 25, 2013 6:25 PM

May 2012
Waaa.. feels like they will lose :(
May 26, 2014 5:28 PM
Mar 2014
jacobpaige said:

I know right, for some reason I can't seem to be able to feel that stealing the signs for another team, especially when it your fault that hey have to give signs on the side, so that they can win. It feels like cheating somehow (even though I know it's not).

I'm not saying it's not a great tactic to use, cause it is, but it kinda feels wrong under the circumstances. Especially since I think they can win it without resorting to stealing signs and making Kurata injure injure players.I mean look at the toll those tactics are starting to take on him, poor guy doesn't know what he should be doing anymore and even wants to quit baseball. Still it would be nice to see them playing fair, well mainly that bastard up in the stand, and winning this.

On the other hand Tajima is doing a great job considering he's never played catcher in an official game before.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 24, 2015 12:17 PM

Aug 2013
In this inning if Momoe doesn't figure out that her signs are being stolen I can clearly see that the victory goes to Bijou. :(
Mar 30, 2016 9:04 PM

Feb 2015
Sigh, this game seriously gives me anxiety. I'm so upset about the whole stealing signs thing but I guess I can understand.
Mar 12, 2019 4:35 AM

Feb 2013
I'm glad they didn't lose their motivation after Abe's injury.
Nov 25, 2019 4:38 PM

Sep 2018
Wahhh 7-5!!!!! They still relaxed on this??? I'm so nervous already!!
They understand sign of Momoe T------T
Jun 14, 2020 6:22 AM
Aug 2012
I hope they won't lose this one! they have admirable team spirit! Keep working hard and don't give up guys!

Aug 16, 2021 6:37 AM

Dec 2020
STRESS.. this episode was quite a ride. sakaeguchi, mizutani, hanai and izumi shining more this ep while tajima and mihashi is breaking a lil.. the other team also figured out some of momo's signs so thats.. Bad. real bad. i have a feeling they'll lose this game and im Not ready to see that so hoping im wrong

More topics from this board

» Any chances for season 3?

ToG25thBaam - Sep 22, 2013

17 by Ferrnn »»
May 3, 9:05 PM

Poll: » Ookiku Furikabutte ~Natsu no Taikai Hen~ Episode 2 Discussion

ridojiri - Apr 12, 2010

32 by TRC_Randy »»
Feb 12, 8:29 AM

Poll: » Ookiku Furikabutte ~Natsu no Taikai Hen~ Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 )

nami_k - Jun 25, 2010

80 by _winterbear_ »»
Sep 11, 2022 12:45 PM

Poll: » Ookiku Furikabutte ~Natsu no Taikai Hen~ Episode 3 Discussion

ridojiri - Apr 17, 2010

26 by yutaka_shin »»
Sep 9, 2021 12:12 AM

Poll: » Ookiku Furikabutte ~Natsu no Taikai Hen~ Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

nami_k - Jun 17, 2010

85 by lizzziziz »»
Aug 16, 2021 7:05 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.