Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jun 8, 2010 4:58 PM

Aug 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Speed...really Ishihara? Really?

-Woo woo, looks like Sakuragi and Setsuko got some lovin' on in this episode (unless I'm taking that scene grossly out of context). I got vibes from Mario that he likes Setsuko too but thinks Anchan is better for her.

-"What's up Jap? Too scared to fight back."
Oh those douchebag Americans.

-Sasaki and Ishihara really need to get a goddamn life. I mean, christ. Don't you have other prisonmates you could be raping right now? I don't think going after some runaways as if they're freaking Minority Report is the best use of time. But who cares. I hate those jerks.

Next week: The fateful conclusion (to this arc probably)
Jun 8, 2010 6:17 PM

Dec 2007
Maybe it's just my ignorance, but aren't syringes/needles typically used for heroine (since it goes right into the blood stream), not amphetamine/speed?

It'll be fun to see An-chan face Ishihara outside of the reformatory.
Jun 9, 2010 12:40 AM

Dec 2007
awesome!
next episode ishihara vs sakuragi!!
cant wait!!!
Jun 9, 2010 4:36 AM
Jun 2008
" Love is the only thing they relied on "
Best line ever ^^
Jun 9, 2010 11:36 AM
Mar 2010
can't wait for the next ep.
Jun 9, 2010 6:59 PM
Oct 2009
This show has a way of keeping me on the edge of my seat.

This shit is mad legit.

I have to give credit for Funimation getting up subs quickly. But their ads are gay, and seem to interfere with the audio.
Jun 10, 2010 2:54 AM

Apr 2008
Jun 10, 2010 3:03 PM

May 2008
Great and impressing episode again. It's really good to see the developing relationship of Sakuragi and Setsuko.
But damn Ishihara and Sasaki, seeing the preview of the next episode Sakuragi and Ishihara will confront with each other, but I hope Sakuragi won't die or anything. And I'm also afraid of them doing something with Setsuko till the boys away~
Another good point of this episode was to see Heitai's early release~~
Jun 14, 2010 11:01 PM

Jun 2009
Good Episode:D Dam that doctor D<
+__+ hope mario wins!
LET JUSTICE BE DONE; THOUGH THE HEAVENS MAY FALL
Jun 15, 2010 4:39 AM

Dec 2009
So Ishihara is on drugs and Sasaki wants to dispose of him... guess they're on bad terms lately ....

Funny how turtle didn't notice the cops when he walked past them....
Jun 15, 2010 8:14 AM

Jan 2010
I confess I was getting tired of the reformatory episodes, but the last two gave a fresh air to the series, I can't wait to see what happens next.
Jun 15, 2010 1:39 PM

Jun 2010
Kinda disappointed when it turned out to be speed, I was expecting anabolic steroids since he did look bulkier and wanted an advantage when fighting Sakuragi, but then again I think Speed can also increase physical performance I just dont know how much. Either way Sakuragi gonna lay a whoopin. I do like this new setting in the US Army Base, makes it seem just more epic.

Damn Sasaki done snitched on Ishihara, but still granted the pervy doctor is horrible, I do find Ishihara near unbearable and hope he gets taken out soon. Poor Turtle, he is really one of my favorites. Setsuko worries me a little since she is alone, but now that Soldier was released, maybe a heroic reunion?
Jun 15, 2010 2:05 PM

Apr 2010
AHAHAHAH oh Ishihara.. I wonder for how long he has been using drugs. xD
I really want to see him in prison, I'm kind of happy that Sasaki decided to get rid of him. Hopefully, the doctor will get in prison sooner or later, as well.

Go Mario!

Optime olere occisum hostem!
Jun 15, 2010 2:52 PM
Dec 2007
Very good episode once again. Ishihara is on the hunt, you've gotta love that. However, the fact that Turtle had to call An-chan while in the Police station was quite doubtful, and what was even more is that An-chan answered him while there were like 95% chances it was a trap to catch him. It will help them in the end since An-chan will have his final showdown with Ishihara but I must admit I didn't understand the need for this plot device. It felt forced and unnatural and didn't make sense at all.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Jun 15, 2010 5:52 PM

Jul 2009
Sakuragi's 'love' for Setsuko feels more like a duty than an actual attraction.
Anyway, I am so glad they didn't do anything to Setsuko in order to get information out of her because if the anime went that route, I would probably drop this anime (well not really).

Anybody know why Sakuragi told Mario to take the beatings and start fighting in second round? Is this some strategy in boxing? Is he going to go for a straight knockout or something? Sorry, I don't know much about boxing.

And WOW, I just noticed how HUGE Sakuragi is compared to Mario. No wonder he was such a beast near the beginning of the anime. It's sad that his muscle atrophied so much, I hope he has enough fight in him to take out Ishihara. I also wish Anchan gets to go into the ring as well, under 'heavy weight'.
Jun 15, 2010 6:36 PM

Sep 2008
this show is making me depressed.. a lot!!!

other then that i can say to the posts above..amphetamine can also be inserted in the blood and operates faster in the body that way than other methods. most people are just too scared to inject so they sniff it.

also i think the call to the US base is safe because japanese police can't just enter their base...they probably need special permission and two minor runaways who are on top of that protected by an US ...(forgot his rank) won't be enough to get them permission.
you have to think that the US guy gave turtle the cigarettes to sell them on the black market.
though that he was allowed to make a call at all was really weird.

Jun 16, 2010 4:48 AM

Oct 2009
SkyFade said:
Kinda disappointed when it turned out to be speed, I was expecting anabolic steroids since he did look bulkier and wanted an advantage when fighting Sakuragi, but then again I think Speed can also increase physical performance I just dont know how much.

this! i actually thought he was taking steroids until it reached that cafe scene. i was like 'wuuuuut?!'
i'm so happy for sakuragi and setsuko ;w;
Jun 16, 2010 7:28 AM

Jan 2009
I wonder what's in the package :P
Jun 16, 2010 10:51 AM
Jun 16, 2010 4:05 PM

Aug 2009
noteDhero said:
Now the show is good.

WHAT!?

Oh sorry, it's just...wow! I didn't think you would ever take a shine to this.
Jun 16, 2010 5:12 PM

Aug 2008
Well, I couldn't get the prison drama I wanted, but this breakout stuff is far better than I imagined.
Jun 16, 2010 7:22 PM

Jul 2008
I like Setsuko.
Jun 18, 2010 4:32 PM

Feb 2010
noteDhero said:
Well, I couldn't get the prison drama I wanted, but this breakout stuff is far better than I imagined.

This. I feel the same way.
anyway great episode, and drugged Ishihara is even scarier than usually..
I probably regret this post by now.
Jun 18, 2010 6:41 PM

Mar 2010
Boxing, Drugs, distant pasts, little bit of romancem, exactly my kind of anime

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Jun 19, 2010 1:22 PM

Jul 2008
wow ishihara used to be just a massive pr!ck, but now hes a drug induced maniac
the only way to stop a gamer from playing is either: beat them, or wait until they get bored (though 2% percent suffer seizures
Jun 20, 2010 11:05 AM
Sep 2009
I loved the classic rock 'n' roll music in that one scene here ^_^ (or perhaps that was ep. 9, I watched them back to back so I'm not sure)

Is it just me or is the soundtrack taking a bit of a turn? For the first four or five episodes in the prison they had a lot of 80's action movie style 'inspirational' electric guitar but that seems to have fallen by the wayside a little to me.

I agree with Kurogashi about Setsuko and Sakuragi having an awkward chemistry but it works considering what they;ve been through and that Sakuragi doesn't really do outpourings of emotion- I did feel super bad for Mario when he asks about it though, I don't know who I'd prefer Setsuko to end up with tbh, Sakuragi just seems a little to 'obvious' if that makes sense.
HariJun 20, 2010 11:20 AM
Jun 21, 2010 1:05 AM

Jun 2008
This show is finally getting good. I am satisfied.
Jun 30, 2010 1:40 PM

Feb 2009
Awesome episode as always, can't wait to dl the next.
Jul 1, 2010 2:25 PM

Apr 2009
fuck yeah... after the prison break, its a looot better
Jul 10, 2010 3:20 PM
Jan 2009

JOE/JOU IS SO HOT!
Jul 19, 2010 4:49 AM

Jun 2008
Jacut said:
Very good episode once again. Ishihara is on the hunt, you've gotta love that. However, the fact that Turtle had to call An-chan while in the Police station was quite doubtful, and what was even more is that An-chan answered him while there were like 95% chances it was a trap to catch him. It will help them in the end since An-chan will have his final showdown with Ishihara but I must admit I didn't understand the need for this plot device. It felt forced and unnatural and didn't make sense at all.

I doubt they could trace phones back then like they do now so i can't see how a trap would work except if he told them where he was calling.
As about letting him. Maybe he told them a lie or something.

grklein said:
I confess I was getting tired of the reformatory episodes, but the last two gave a fresh air to the series, I can't wait to see what happens next.

Now it's becoming even better with more elements in it.

During the whole episode i was worried for Setsuko. Is not like those two idiots have morals about hurting a woman.
Ishihara on the bike driving like a maniac was a really lol moment.

That doctor and his tricks are even more dangerous it seems. Sneaky bastard.

Kurogashi said:
Sakuragi's 'love' for Setsuko feels more like a duty than an actual attraction.

You may be right. It's not like he feels crazy passionate love like we see in love stories but still it's not just duty. He appreciates her as a person. People don't need to be crazy for the other to find love. It's just a different kind of love. Being inlove goes away anyway after two-three years at most. And then if you don't want to destroy your relationship you have to find the more quieter mature way of love.
Jul 22, 2010 11:01 AM

Feb 2010
Good episode.

MorningGlory said:
" Love is the only thing they relied on "
Best line ever ^^

I agree.
Jul 28, 2010 6:43 PM

Dec 2008
I'm getting a REALLY bad feeling about this next episode. Something VERY upsetting is going to happen. I think I'll wait until tomorrow to watch it.
Sep 4, 2010 10:46 AM

Mar 2010
Why Ishihara..Why??Can't you just sit quietly and play with your needles???Just leave them alone for a change!!
Jan 6, 2011 9:45 PM

Dec 2008
akromataof said:
Why Ishihara..Why??Can't you just sit quietly and play with your needles???Just leave them alone for a change!!

Seriously! Every time he showed up I groaned and was like, "Oh, c'mon, just leave 'em be!"

I had a feeling Sasaki would betray Ishihara after that episode a while back when they killed off Kumagai, and Sasaki threatened Ishihara to take control of things or he'd wind up like Kumagai.

I really like Mario... he just seems like such a cool guy to me. :D
Feb 11, 2011 7:53 PM

Jun 2010
can't wait to see how sakuragi will deal with ishihara: will ishihara kill the girl ?
will sakuragi be forced to murder ishihara in order to survive ? will the cops interfere ?

something upsetting is going to happen, just like villetta_nu said.
Jan 26, 2012 6:04 PM

May 2011
This anime really did take a turn. I like it. Sakuragi and Mario really do remind me of Takamurra and Ippo now. FUCKING Ishihara and Gay Doc need to chill.

Glad to see Soldier out, now that the real police is involved, things might get big.
Feb 18, 2012 8:10 PM

Jan 2009
yet again a perfect episode.
I really hope to see the fight.. but I think ishihara will interrupt it or w/e
Jun 3, 2012 12:22 PM

Nov 2011
Cute seeing Setsuko and Sakuragi interact this episode ^_^
Jul 10, 2012 4:02 AM

Mar 2010
wtf is ishihara taking? steroids?
Sep 18, 2012 6:57 PM

Mar 2012
Bison needs to lay off the drugs.
Nov 30, 2012 2:55 PM

Jan 2012
i feel like im on speed after watching this show..... so intense
Mar 1, 2013 8:08 PM

Sep 2011
If... if they kill off Setsuko, I may have to quit watching this show. No not really, but I'll be really mad. LOL

Oh and anyone else think about Hajime no Ippo during the boxing match? Just block and stall... xD
Apr 4, 2013 12:19 AM
Aug 2011
I'm starting to dread the next episode(s), for Anchan's sake.
Jun 30, 2013 12:50 AM

Jan 2013
Another great episode.
Every episode is just so tense, never boring.
It's been awhile since I've seen an anime so entertaining.
Jul 1, 2013 2:36 AM

Jul 2011
Action is building up prettttty nicely.
*watches next episode*
Aug 7, 2013 4:52 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Aw Sakuragi and Setsuko :)

But damn, of course things aren't all happy...Sasaki and Ishihara found out about their hideout, and well I had my suspicions that Sestuko would be the one to give it away, but not in a bad way. It's just if I could be a nurse somewhere else rather than working under a perverted doctor, I would. Suppon getting caught :( but at least Heitai finally gets to leave, I love the applause he received from the other people. And wow, I didn't think Sasaki would sell out Ishihara like that. Lastly, Mario! Looks like he's not getting beat up without defense like last time. Go go go!
Oct 25, 2013 11:06 PM

Sep 2013
Shit the doc and Ishihara are on to them!

The doc sold out Ishihara.

Everything is falling apart.
Jan 24, 2014 10:55 PM

Mar 2012
Things are getting intense :o

Jesuvius said:
I wonder what's in the package :P

Obviously chocolate bars.
Apr 14, 2014 1:19 AM

Jun 2011
^ lol chocolate bars.

Fuck you Ishihara, fuck you. Sasaki is selling Ishihara out, damn, so he's the last boss?

I was happy for Sakuragi and Setsuko, but I am really worried about them now, hope for the best for them. Mario's on the ring, using Sakuragi's strategy, GAMBATTE!. Turtle got caught, and Soldier is back out. Ugh, must watch the next episode now!
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Rainbow Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Jakeki - May 11, 2010

132 by phantom346 »»
Apr 24, 9:46 PM

Poll: » Rainbow Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

ShanaFlame - May 5, 2010

151 by phantom346 »»
Apr 24, 9:12 PM

Poll: » Rainbow Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 )

DrRoboto - Jul 20, 2010

79 by Gabi15 »»
Apr 19, 12:29 PM

Poll: » Rainbow Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

shanimebib - Jun 22, 2010

182 by AnimeDownUnder »»
Mar 22, 6:06 AM

Poll: » Rainbow Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Florete - Sep 28, 2010

220 by prozyne »»
Mar 6, 9:10 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.