Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 17, 2008 4:28 PM

Feb 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
They put a bit too much in one episode. I know it's inevitable because this series only has only 12 episode, but the emotinal description of the characters appeared shallow. Tezuka had struggled with his own mind and discussed with Komaki and Doujyou. Without such descriptions, the last proposal from Tezuka sounds abrupt.
dtshykApr 17, 2008 4:32 PM
Apr 18, 2008 8:33 AM

Nov 2007
Yeah.. it was worse than the 1st one, but true it only has 12 episodes and they need to get some stuff done with characters... and all that stuff blablabla XD

..but nice to see some developments in relationship(?) between Kasahara and Doujou ♡ lol
after all romance is one of the genres isnt it? :)

and I'm enjoying Inoue Marina's voice ALOT. reminds me of Kana all the time. hehehe

kimatg on | blog | pixiv | deviantART
Apr 28, 2008 8:48 AM

Jan 2007
i enjoyed this episode. really got sucked into it.
Apr 28, 2008 9:01 AM

Jul 2007
Just finished watching the first 2 episodes.
Although the concept is kinda weird, i like how they're handling it. And i quite like Kasahara's character. I agree though that a bit too much happened in this episode.
Apr 28, 2008 12:35 PM

Sep 2007
So how are Ocha!'s subs?
Apr 28, 2008 7:31 PM

Jan 2008
Faust721 said:

No kidding! Good episode!
Apr 29, 2008 2:29 AM

Apr 2008
Iriya said:
So how are Ocha!'s subs?

Much better than TSHNN, the font was a little small but they were easier to read.

Faust721 said:

It had a lot in it, as said before and even had a little bit of humour. Dunno if they really needed to do the introductions again, I hope there isn't next episode. The action was pretty sweet too, and there a lot of characters for just 12 episodes. I still kind of find the "books are extremely valueable" and stuff a little bit corny. I'm assuming the internet in this alternate universe is completely monitored or something? I know there is computers... Maybe there isn't even any web at all.
wtfyourface said:
MistaCloudStrife said:
From 100-1000, how much do you love LWL?
OVER 9000!!!
Apr 29, 2008 3:27 AM
Aug 2007
well after watching Toshokan Sensou episode 2 I really like it now. Kinda surprising that an anime series with such a silly premise actually has pretty damn good action scenes with realistic portrayal of combat, as well as really good drama and comedy. It's like a mixture of all good things. Damn I laughed so hard when Kasahara punched the 'bear'. Classic.

>So how are Ocha!'s subs?

okay, they missed a few bits in the translation here and there, but they're certainly watchable and have pretty good encodes.
Apr 29, 2008 7:29 AM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
Haha, I knew he was going to ask that.

Episode was good, better than the first episode.

The best release you can go for is the Froth-Bite & Menclave HD Joint, HANDS DOWN!

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Apr 29, 2008 3:07 PM
Aug 2007
>>I think I'm able to take this topic a bit more seriously than others.

Yes I'm sure you're one of the only people who understands the value of freedom of information and freedom of speech. /sarcasm

The thing is, you're not supposed to take this series seriously at all, sure the premise has some important social themes, but it's also absurd at the same time, with militarised library armies. Honestly, the setting for the story is quite pointless because its focus is evidently on characterisation and the drama and humour that comes with it. If you don't like the characters you won't enjoy it, but if you do I'm sure you would.
Apr 29, 2008 6:22 PM

Feb 2008
LoveWifeLunch said:
Iriya said:
So how are Ocha!'s subs?

Much better than TSHNN, the font was a little small but they were easier to read.

Faust721 said:

It had a lot in it, as said before and even had a little bit of humour. Dunno if they really needed to do the introductions again, I hope there isn't next episode. The action was pretty sweet too, and there a lot of characters for just 12 episodes. I still kind of find the "books are extremely valueable" and stuff a little bit corny. I'm assuming the internet in this alternate universe is completely monitored or something? I know there is computers... Maybe there isn't even any web at all.

In the "Toshokan Sensou" world, any types of media, TV, radio, magazine, books, and internet are monitored and censored. So the libraries are the only source of information uncensored.
Apr 29, 2008 7:48 PM
Aug 2007
Well it isn't so much that people are saying the topic is absurd, the broad theme of the premise, but that the actual plot is unbelievable from a logical perspective.

>>I simply meant I came into the anime expecting a deeper exploration of the theme, that's what I was actively seeking, and not what I got. Everyone seems to be saying the premise is absurd, but I personally don't think it is at all, hence why I can "take it seriously."

Well, that's not what you said. If you said what you meant I wouldn't have misinterpreted you. Arrogance tends to really irk me, so I apologise for jumping the gun and being mistakenly rude.
Apr 29, 2008 9:50 PM

Sep 2007
@ Washi - You've confused me terribly. Who in the world are you talking to? (though I agree with what you're saying, actually)

<3 this series. I don't feel like the second episode was too full or anything - in fact, I thought the pacing was pretty well done. Looking forward to more.
Apr 30, 2008 1:46 AM
Aug 2007
the person I was talking to deleted their posts, hence the confusion (I don't just like to run my own conversations ;p)
Apr 30, 2008 5:47 AM

Feb 2008
I posted supplementary Info for Toshokan Sensou for better understanding the story and background.
http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=23176
If you're interested, visit the entry. All spoilers are hidden.
Apr 30, 2008 9:22 AM

Sep 2007
Washi said:
the person I was talking to deleted their posts, hence the confusion (I don't just like to run my own conversations ;p)

oic. XD I wondered if it was something like that, but most forums leave some sort of message saying that the person deleted their message.

Also, thanks for the information, dtshyk! I need to work on my japanese so that I can someday read these books...
May 1, 2008 7:29 AM

Jul 2007
Great episode, a lot better than the first.
Even though I'm still a bit confused about the whole librarians with guns thing; this episode was very entertaining, I loled hard when she punched the bear and the ending was pretty funny too.
TrieMay 2, 2008 5:25 PM
May 2, 2008 6:07 AM

Mar 2008
I still think the background story setup is very stupid (yet original), but the actual story is good.

Characters are very good. Overall it is a good anime so far. I thought the 2nd episode was even better than the first.

The end was very surprising. I like sudden unexpected turns.

What were those points in her face? Does she have an sweets/strawberry-allergy?
May 2, 2008 4:16 PM

Feb 2008
Forever said:
I still think the background story setup is very stupid (yet original), but the actual story is good.

I agree that the background story is unrealistic, but I really went into the story of the novel because the author put emphasis on the controvercy about the censorship not on the gun battles. The script writer of this anime omitted those political discussions and brought the showy battle scenes to the front. That's why the anime appears to be ridiculous.
May 3, 2008 5:19 PM

Sep 2007
I found it weird that no one mentioned having seen the title of the first book on that list. Library War, which is pretty much the name of the series. Was enough to bring a giggle out of me.

Liking the series so far. I found the concept of armed librarians quite interesting, honestly. Hope it keeps up like this.
May 5, 2008 7:01 PM

Dec 2007
I enjoyed it so far, it's getting little better.

Iriya said:
So how are Ocha!'s subs?

Froth-Bite, Conclave Fansubbing & Mendoi Fansubs > Ocha!
May 10, 2008 6:30 AM
Dec 2007
This series is all about character development. The story seems a bit vague for now but I'm pretty confident.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Jun 3, 2008 1:40 PM

May 2007
Massaki said:
I found it weird that no one mentioned having seen the title of the first book on that list. Library War, which is pretty much the name of the series. Was enough to bring a giggle out of me.

Liking the series so far. I found the concept of armed librarians quite interesting, honestly. Hope it keeps up like this.
I noticed. Too bad i only saw this anime today...
Pretty interesting indeed.

As most as the users above. i think the story is pretty messed up. But who cares?
It has Shooting / GARRR / Moar Shooting / Chibi Sousuke Dude / Messed Up " I'm the pwnzors " Guy / GARRR Girl / And also moar shooting...
What esle would i need? xD
Jun 4, 2008 3:12 PM

Apr 2008
Finally got round to watching the second episode and I can't stop laughing! The ending is so random! xP
Jun 11, 2008 2:29 AM

Feb 2008
My only complaint was the fight scene. That reminded me of a schoolyard lesson rather than combat with real risks involved, especially when she spent so much time moralizing before she jumped. That would have been a FAIL, lol. Maybe the bright colors and lack of damage portrayed give that impression too. I'm liking the series otherwise so far, especially Dojo and Iku. ^^ I don't think I've seen this kind of anime or this kind of relationship in anime before (commanding officer and soldier). Breaking new ground. :D
Jun 13, 2008 3:35 AM
Oct 2007
Heh this is such a weird premise

I'm liking it though
Jun 16, 2008 9:00 PM
Jan 2008
Just out of curiosity, does anyone know what Shibasaki made Kasahara eat?
Jul 1, 2008 9:03 PM

Apr 2007
This is actually hilarious. It's just waaaayy to unrealistic, that i can't help but laugh.

In any case, it was an alright ep overall, the ending was totally predictable :3.

Onto next episode~
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 28, 2008 5:20 PM

Mar 2007
Hmmm.... the action is pretty good but it is a little QUESTIONABLE...

I mean at the rooftop what the hell... they have the higher ground, so why didnt they start shooting ALOT earlier than they did. And that girl is straight up stupid how the hell did they make such an incompetent girl part of a military force? I mean lives are going to be counting on her and she's been making stupid mistakes left and right. If you ask me thats like toying with your life if you let a moron into your ranks.

It is still pretty funny how the battlegrounds are libraries now. :P

"What happens when we die?" I know that the ones who love us will miss us.
Dec 29, 2009 4:24 AM

Jul 2009
Lol confession?
Is it reverse harem??

Well i heard gunshot..so better appeal for me
May 3, 2010 5:46 PM

Feb 2009
LOL at the end, I saw that coming a mile away!
Apr 16, 2013 10:47 AM
Aug 2011
Library wars indeed. I can't take this seriously lol.

Confession at the end, that bear punch...lots of things going on.
Jun 8, 2013 6:29 AM

Aug 2009
Wow Im really liking this show! ROFL
Jul 11, 2013 9:39 PM

Nov 2011
Nice progressing in terms of the team's relationship I guess. Yup, that ending is a compliment ^_-

Lol @ the ending, he asked her out???
Jul 27, 2013 10:31 PM

Jun 2012
Protecting books is srs business.
Feb 10, 2014 5:36 AM

Aug 2013
Ahh I finally made it to the end of episode 2 ^^

I thought it was weird how the bear parted the tent flap with its paws lol. Epic KO bear punch!

I didn't see that confession coming lol
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Feb 23, 2014 7:10 AM

Nov 2009
Hrmmm, well didn't see that coming, honestly I thought the romance would be between Dojo and her . . . Anyways, she kind of reminds me of the female MC from Planetese. Aside from that, okay series so far, though the whole war over a few books did make me lol.
Jun 26, 2014 10:18 AM

May 2012
Wow, Library war indeed. Did not expect that this will really escalate into firing just for books. And I was surprised with the confession. Wonder how will Dojo react. Hehe.
Jan 28, 2015 2:01 AM

May 2011
War over books, is this some sort of a satirical comedy over dystopia?
"If you reject me, I'll blast a hole in you!" Kanzaki H. Aria
Just kidding.

May 18, 2015 1:00 AM

Jan 2010
That ending came out of nowhere. I mean, I've seen first and second episode confessions before, but damn that was fast. Anyways, I enjoyed the military elements just as much as the comedic gags, so this show is doing something right in my eyes. It's certainly a disjointed piece of craziness. I can't tell what it's trying to do yet, but so far, the censorship thing seems to be the background setting to frame the characters' interactions. This may change in future episodes, so I'm not going to criticize it yet. I'm just still reeling back from how this show was nothing like I imagined an anime called "Library War" to be like.
Jun 15, 2015 9:01 PM

Oct 2012
Odd premise but fun show! I wonder how Kasahara got rid of those pimples at the end...
Aug 24, 2015 11:22 AM

Sep 2013
I've just realized how dumb the premise is. Like seriously risk your life for books? dont they have internet in their world where pretty much contains more information/sexual content than books?
"I have been wielding a blade since before your were swimming around your father's scrotum." - Kurou
Feb 21, 2016 4:50 AM

May 2014
Lets kill for books
"I lost all of what you could call feelings of love. They weren't sealed, so they can't be released. They weren't broken, so they can't be fixed. That which is lost, cannot be recovered." Shiba Tatsuya
"There are no regrets. If one can be proud of one's life, one should not wish for another chance." Saber
"No matter what happens, no matter how crazy things get, I'll always try to restore balance." Korra
"It's madness to let others take what's yours and accept it blindly." Baatar Jr
"Instinct is a lie, told by a fearful body, hoping to be wrong." Zaheer
"Partner in crime, partner in time" Chloe Price and Max Caulfield
May 29, 2017 3:19 AM

Oct 2012
I guess this anime is a bit like Bantorra, where books are really invaluable things
I like it!

Well that was a really fast.. confession xD
"Signature removed"
Oct 16, 2018 8:54 PM

Jan 2017
the anti-moe in me is clawing out of my body.
is this building up to a reverse harem?
Dec 23, 2019 1:26 PM

Dec 2014
ok screw it...I am gonna make time... even if my work schedule is packed...that was epic...hmm and quite interesting
Feb 2, 2021 9:38 AM

Jul 2017
There was a ton of stuff packed into this episode, but it was still really enjoyable to watch nonetheless. Tezuka's surprise confession to Kasahara after she told him to trust her during the mission, humbling him in a sense, was quite the sight to behold. Still though, its nice seeing Kasahara take steps to improving herself as she's now a part of the Task Force now and not only does she need to prepare and train herself and do her job properly, but also trust her instincts like she did for this mission when switching up to go directly to the Chief Librarian's office.
Apr 20, 2021 7:38 PM

May 2020
The war is kinda funny tbh 🤣. Glad to see some character progression. Hey Tezuka,you need to chill man. We still on episode 2.
┏────────┓
WHY
Is HoneyComeBear so Underrated?

─────────
┗─────────┛

More topics from this board

Poll: » Toshokan Sensou Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

dtshyk - Jun 26, 2008

61 by Maou_heika »»
Aug 25, 2023 5:04 AM

Poll: » Toshokan Sensou Episode 5 Discussion

dtshyk - May 8, 2008

29 by Floral_soap »»
Jun 2, 2023 4:10 PM

Poll: » Toshokan Sensou Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

dtshyk - Apr 10, 2008

60 by TenM »»
Sep 17, 2022 3:51 AM

Poll: » Toshokan Sensou Episode 3 Discussion

dtshyk - Apr 24, 2008

38 by caneton_pas_fini »»
Sep 2, 2022 11:38 AM

Poll: » Toshokan Sensou Episode 11 Discussion

dtshyk - Jun 19, 2008

41 by AntiMoba »»
Apr 24, 2021 10:00 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.