Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Jan 12, 11:22 PM

Nov 2023
It's really funny. I laughed a couple of times, especially when the Sword kept trying to have the Princess not break due to temptation because he can't do anything else but talk.
Jan 13, 5:42 AM

Jun 2020
Meh….It was pretty boring same thing happened three times with almost with the same jokes. Im not sure how long it can continue like this without change
Jan 13, 8:32 PM

Nov 2009
food torture...

Is she going to end up being brainwashed by way of "food"? LOL...

And all the sword can do is watch at his "Himesama" gets NTR'd by Food.

Also... Takos huh... what's interesting is this sorta breaks the "culture", since Hime's home country setting is clearly that of Western, which Takoyaki doesn't exists (or common) as Takoyaki is purely Eastern food. But they have the princess admiring the Takos looking out the window.

The Bread and Noodle works cause those are global. (especially Noodle, as Rice wasn't introduced into Western culture til way later, noodle was the staple western food for hundreds of years)

But this is a Fantasy World, so I guess anything goes, LOL.

Also... how the F... is the Demons "feeble" and "scared" but somehow captured the Knight Princess? HUH?

BTW... now I am hungry...
amlgJan 13, 8:51 PM
Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
Jan 14, 10:35 AM
Oct 2017
The first torture made me smile but that's it.
I'll try the next episode but I may drop this show.
Jan 15, 2:17 AM

Nov 2022
Honestly relatable. If I was a princess who got kidnapped and the torture was like this I would spill everything immediately just for that food. I would 100% be a glutton of a princess.
Jan 15, 2:41 PM

Apr 2012
The comedy feels held back without the naughty innuendos. The jokes might have been more impactful if the studio green lit some suggestive themes (not scenes) in the skit.
"Manga readers are annoying, all they do is complain or spoil the anime we discuss in an anime forum.
They should really do their whining at manga forums.

USERS ON MY IGNORED LIST:
RayReynolds - SSL443 - Dr4kon - Nerdanimefan1992 - ToTheMountains - Fiveskies
To add users to the Ignore list: (1) Go to Account settings (2) Click Forum tab and toggle down (3) Type or paste user name on entry box (4) Click Add and you're done.
Problem solved, you'll never have to see someone trolling ever again because their post will be closed/collapsed.
Jan 15, 6:39 PM
Jul 2012
i like gourmet anime like Shokudou, Paradiso, Izakaya, Yadomeshi, Chuuka Ichiban.but after i watched first epispde it's "meh", boring-ish, and not funny (IMO), But i think i'll try to watch it until episode 3.
Jan 15, 7:11 PM

Jan 2011
As a manga reader I thought full length episodes might feel too stretched, but this one was over before I knew it.
Jan 16, 6:43 PM

Jan 2014
omg this is so idiotic
Jan 17, 7:45 PM

May 2022
Reply to Luvaga
THIS IS 100 TIMES BETTER THAN THAT LAME DUNGEON MESHI
@Luvaga You're crazy, Dungeon Meshi is so good. I like both of these shows, but for different reasons.

This show is good for its silliness and cute looking characters + wholesome, laid back scenarios.

Dungeon Meshi is great for its unique premise, fantastic animation, good writing, action and comedy. If you happen to be watching Dungeon Meshi dubbed, maybe try sub.. its not bad dubbed but its not exactly the same thing.
LordKirkisJan 17, 8:55 PM
Jan 20, 8:47 PM

Dec 2016
Reply to RjtheGreat14
@Kimurah if you are expecting some fight scene to happen just like in the first minute of the anime, you will be dissapointed. Its Food torture and some other kind of wholesome torture all the way. Just dont expect Grand Blue level of comedy and instead watch it as a whole some show and your good to go.
@RjtheGreat14

Did you even bother to read what I wrote. Why do people like you immediately think that some action or fight scene is what people like me are expecting?

I even claimed that this show kinda reminded me of Sleepy Princess in the demon Castle. Did you see any big fights in that show? NO, there aren't.

My main gripe after watching episode 1 & 2 is that they are incredibly formulaic in the sense of "teasing the princess, the swords says nu hu, she gives in, gets indulged, shares a useless secret, rinse and repeat".

In Sleepy Princess it was a hell lot more dinamic in the sense that each alleged villian had a soft spot for the princess and she would exploit those in different manners to get what she want. Not to mention the baddies and the main villian had a lot of charm. There wasn't a single episode that it felt like a copy of any episode that aired before that. There was also a sense in progression and a bigger story on why the princess was in better hands with the baddies than with her own people. There was also the hilarious prince that was supposed to rescue her, but he would beomce a running joke. There were a lot of sides to she show and it never felt dull.

On this one so far, it feels like if you watched one episode, you watched them all. It's something that would had been more fitting for short anime format (11 min per episode) due to it's repetition.
Jan 20, 9:16 PM
Mar 2012
bit similar to Ikenaikyo last season, troll title for a food show.
Animation rather good for sol. nice short fight. kinda funny but might get repetitive. food art is great.
nice another in the talking sword subgenre.
Jan 24, 8:18 PM

Dec 2019
Interesting anime. The humor is good, but it feels a bit too repetitive. If the entire anime will just be "haha look, tasty food!" it'll just get obnoxious after two episodes. The animation's nice, but the color palette is a bit too bright for my liking, feels saturated at times. Hopefully they switch it up a bit in the upcoming episodes, and it's not just 12 to 26 episodes of just food and the Princess breaking every single time.
Pretend there's something flashy and cool here.
Jan 25, 4:43 PM
Jun 2012
It was a fine start overall.

The production quality was surprisingly good. Otherwise it was fine.
Feb 8, 4:10 AM

Aug 2022
I'm glad that I don't trust MAL users score lol
I gave it a try and it was really sweet and dumb....! all characters are cool! 10/10
Feb 12, 3:04 AM
Mob Character C

Oct 2009
Okay, honestly a lot better and a lot cuter than I expected. I like the MC more than I ever thought I would. Wowzers!

Enjoy your anime! | Witch Cafe Wisteria
Feb 18, 12:12 PM

Mar 2010
BRUUUHHHH hime is soo fucking funny and the demon lord is based asf

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Feb 20, 8:05 PM
Sep 2008
If this princess is so OP, why are all these no-eyed fodder trying to take care of this cyclops first?

Really fun, though. Made me laugh. I like these characters.
Mar 25, 8:52 PM
Feb 2020
really my only criticism is the character designs
some of them are a little bit on the sexual side which i do not like but beyond that i just dont think theyre good character designs
the show seems really good and cute so far
for now im giving it a 7/10 but i will most likely raise that to an 8/10 very soon

i dont know if it will be story driven or not, theres a chance it could get repetitive and boring, but seeing that there will be a 2nd season releasing in the future i dont expect that

as long as it doesnt get sexual ill watch all of season 1 and i will look forward to season 2
Apr 12, 8:59 PM
Jun 2022
Use The Real Iron Maiden & She Will Cough Up Everything In A Flash.

It's Just A Food Review Anime Now , Smh Likely Another Drop.
Apr 27, 5:55 AM

Feb 2021
The princess that got tortured by seeing someone eating delicious food XD
- Mal-Badge -

Level 25
Ranked 1135
Last update : 27.02.2022 at 05:50

My Candies :

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Himesama "Goumon" no Jikan desu Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 25

51 by Jonas-K »»
May 1, 9:47 AM

Poll: » Himesama "Goumon" no Jikan desu Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 15

66 by Actonmoy »»
Apr 29, 6:05 AM

Poll: » Himesama "Goumon" no Jikan desu Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 18

31 by Prupel1 »»
Apr 28, 11:02 AM

Poll: » Himesama "Goumon" no Jikan desu Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 11

33 by YudiYusantoS »»
Apr 28, 5:39 AM

Poll: » Himesama "Goumon" no Jikan desu Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 4

34 by YudiYusantoS »»
Apr 28, 5:27 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.