Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Sep 25, 2021 8:29 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I guess this is what they can do with the audition and everything coming together. To be honest, it wasn't the type of finale I entirely wanted to see but it works for the show.

It's still nice that all the relevant characters got some on screen time again. Fun show overall, nothing too impressive but it had its entertaining momens and heavy character focus at times. 7/10
Sep 25, 2021 8:29 AM

Jul 2017
It's Sarasa's turn to perform, but Andou "The Phantom"-sensei's interpretation of Romeo is so easily dazzling and captivating that it catches the girls performing with him off-guard.

To see Sarasa's past come to help bring her hope and advice, her performance of Tybalt has to be exceptional. And just like her childhood love for Kabuki shows that are of heavy influence (not just with Akiya), she stood out in the most grandiose way. The results awaiting are nerve-wrecking, but it's not the end for the girls who missed out, there's always room for improvement.

Ayako got Juliet (that I feel is mostly lipservice from Onodera-sensei) while Ai missed that spot being a mature version of the innocent 14-year-old. Kaoru missed her Romeo spot, while Sarasa naturally earned her spot as Tybalt. Sawa fought the good fight facing a prodigy such as Sarasa, the result was basically neck-to-neck that's down to charisma resembling the character...well, more like Sawa lost to Sarasa because of the latter being more moe? That's hilarious, Sawa for the shock of her life from Ohgi-sensei. But considering that the Kouka's audence is all-women, that makes sense.

The 100th Class photo to finish the show on a good note. Played it TOO safe I'd feel.

This was an experimental show just like Revue Starlight, but it retains lesser of that same quality. Still a very good show overall.
KANLen09Sep 25, 2021 9:25 AM
Sep 25, 2021 8:31 AM
Review Moderator
Onii Chan

Mar 2018
I wonder what the source material is like? This ended on a really good note and I loved how it finished overall.
Sep 25, 2021 8:34 AM

Apr 2012
KANLen09 said:
It's Sarasa's turn to perform, but Andou "The Phantom"-sensei's interpretation of Romeo is so easily dazzling that it catches the girls off-guard.

To see Sarasa's past come to help bring her hope, her performance of Tybalt has to be exceptional. And just like her childhood love for Kabuki shows that are of heavy influence (not just with Akiya), she stood out in the most grandiose way. The results are nerve-wrecking, but it's not the end for the girls who missed out, there's always room for improvement.

Ayako got Juliet (that's mostly lipservice from Onodera-sensei), while Sarasa naturally earned her spot as Tybalt. Sawa fought the good fight facing a rival such as Sarasa, the result was basically neck-to-neck that's down to charisma resembling the character...well more like Sawa lost to Sarasa because of the latter being more moe? That's hilarious, Sawa for the shock of her life!

The 100th Class photo to finish the show on a good note.

This was an experimental show just like Revue Starlight, but it retains lesser of that same quality. Still a very good show overall.

Do you really think this show is just as experimental? As for me, the plus of this show, on the contrary, is that it portrays Takarazuka more realistically and seriously instead of just using it as a background.

ACasualViewer said:
I wonder what the source material is like? This ended on a really good note and I loved how it finished overall.

Its more deeprer and detailed.
Sep 25, 2021 8:46 AM

Jul 2017
@RobertBobert I don't wanna quote the whole thing to make myself feel stupid, but this is as you say grounded, but to me, it's that because I've already watched Revue Starlight before.
Sep 25, 2021 8:50 AM

Apr 2012
KANLen09 said:
@RobertBobert I don't wanna quote the whole thing to make myself feel stupid, but this is as you say grounded, but to me, it's that because I've already watched Revue Starlight before.

Is this a hint that I haven't watched Revue? Or did you mean that for obvious reasons, these shows are impossible not to compare?
Sep 25, 2021 9:41 AM

Apr 2014
That toxic senpai is toxic and annoying till the end.
Ai was changed a lot, now she is serious about theatrical performance more than before. Moe!!!!! One word that can describe everything. lol

Maybe we could see the second season when Sarasa and her classmates are in the second year. Who knows.
何それ?意味分かんない
Sep 25, 2021 9:56 AM

Nov 2016
Really enjoyable series akin to old school shoujo series, which among other aspects were characterized by melodrama. That was also a good thing in this case. Was surprised to find out that it had been published in a seinen magazine, tho xD

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Sep 25, 2021 10:12 AM

Dec 2008
Really enjoyed this show, it was one of 3 that drew me in this season. I would have liked it to have been longer though because there was so much potential for greatness in it. Defo one of the highlights of the year for me.
May the Uguu be with you.

Sep 25, 2021 10:20 AM

Apr 2012
FMmatron said:
Really enjoyable series akin to old school shoujo series, which among other aspects were characterized by melodrama. That was also a good thing in this case. Was surprised to find out that it had been published in a seinen magazine, tho xD

Only the first two volumes were published in the seinen edition due to the fact that the author could not find a publisher. This main story is published as shoujo-josei.
Sep 25, 2021 10:38 AM

Nov 2016
RobertBobert said:
FMmatron said:

Only the first two volumes were published in the seinen edition due to the fact that the author could not find a publisher. This main story is published as shoujo-josei.

I saw that it moved to a different magazine later, but I didn't know the reasons as to why it was published in Jump X in the first place, lol.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Sep 25, 2021 10:44 AM

Jun 2021
Bravo, very good ending.

I honestly did not expect a Sawa focused final episode, yet they somehow pulled it off and still ended on a satisfying note. It's very rare to find a 13 episode show, where you can truly love and appreciate 7 different characters. I give a lot of credit to Pine Jam and staff.

One of the best shows from this season for sure.
Sep 25, 2021 10:50 AM

Oct 2017
I knew it, Ayako was chosen for Juliet. Congratulations girl!

Sarasa's Tybalt was magnificent, the expressions on her face was stunning. No wonder she was chosen for the role. Too bad for Sawa thou, she lost to moe. Also Hijiri continued to be a bitch till the end.

Really great anime overall, would love to see another season. It'd be really fun to watch the girls as senpais.
Sep 25, 2021 11:02 AM

Apr 2012
FMmatron said:
RobertBobert said:

I saw that it moved to a different magazine later, but I didn't know the reasons as to why it was published in Jump X in the first place, lol.

Well, I'm not 100% sure, but as far as I remember, the author just decided that go to seinen wouldn't be a big problem, given that her work is gender neutral all-female.
Sep 25, 2021 11:15 AM

Jul 2011
Everyone concerned of who got Juliet and Tybald, but worse is Kaoru losing for a background character, with all respect.

Yes, the strongest weeb word "Moe".

Was fun to watch overall.
Sep 25, 2021 11:17 AM

Nov 2016
RobertBobert said:
FMmatron said:

Well, I'm not 100% sure, but as far as I remember, the author just decided that go to seinen wouldn't be a big problem, given that her work is gender neutral all-female.

Compared to the staple that is CGDCT surely unsual, but why not?

Sep 25, 2021 11:23 AM

Feb 2019
Amazing finale. This show really came out of nowhere and became my fave of the season. I’d love seeing a second season focusing on the second year but either way I’m reading the manga and the story will continue for me. Will certainly miss my weekly dose of Sarasa and Ai
Sep 25, 2021 11:24 AM

Apr 2012
FMmatron said:
RobertBobert said:

Well, we live in a world where totally girl-centered stuff can be published as shonen.
Sep 25, 2021 11:26 AM

Sep 2019
Best anime this season without a doubt. Please give us more season.
Sep 25, 2021 11:26 AM

Aug 2021
To your eternity , vivy flourite's song and this are the 3 of the hidden gems of this year.. I really loved it and the music is just 10/10
Stawberry Milk Supremacy
Sep 25, 2021 11:28 AM

Nov 2016
RobertBobert said:
FMmatron said:

Well, we live in a world where totally girl-centered stuff can be published as shonen.

Exceptions confirm the rule.

Sep 25, 2021 11:39 AM

May 2016
Is Ohgi-sensei secretly Haruhi? More Moe! :' )

I didn't care for the over-the-top drama of the early episodes, but fortunately, the show found its footing, and finished strong. 8/10.
"Genki is Life, Genki is Love"
Sep 25, 2021 11:45 AM

Jun 2019
It’s a sports anime for a hardcore female weeb demographic and I kinda love it for that. Solid 6/10.
Sep 25, 2021 11:47 AM

Apr 2012
Blue_Maroon said:
It’s a sports anime for a hardcore female weeb demographic and I kinda love it for that. Solid 6/10.

Have you ever heard of the shounen-shoujo hobby?
Sep 25, 2021 11:49 AM

Jun 2019
RobertBobert said:
Blue_Maroon said:

Can’t say I have, what’s that?
Sep 25, 2021 11:56 AM

Jan 2020
What an amazing finale and series.

I didn't expect much at the start but it quickly became my favorite of the season by quite some distance. It's a bit sad that Ai didn't get the role though :( But Aya also deserves it

I really like the way it concluded and I'll miss this series

Sep 25, 2021 11:59 AM

Apr 2012
Blue_Maroon said:
RobertBobert said:

These are shows that are dedicated to the participation of teenage characters in various professional activities. For example, cooking at Shokugeki no Souma, theater at Kakegi Shoujo, or fashion design in Paradise Kiss. I know sports anime are often used as a base for this (Shokugeki actually even parodies it), but this is not the only anime where the characters are doing something.
Sep 25, 2021 12:05 PM

Jun 2019
RobertBobert said:
Blue_Maroon said:

These are shows that are dedicated to the participation of teenage characters in various professional activities. For example, cooking at Shokugeki no Souma, theater at Kakegi Shoujo, or fashion design in Paradise Kiss. I know sports anime are often used as a base for this (Shokugeki actually even parodies it), but this is not the only anime where the characters are doing something.

Ah, technicalities. Got ya. It still gets the same point across, so there is no reason for me to change what I called it.
Sep 25, 2021 12:13 PM

May 2021
They finally did something interesting with Sugimoto and fuck it did it good. When you are mediocre and fails nobody cares, when you are the best and fails though... It is always the same tale, and the pressure is gigantic.
Nice wrap up anyways, hope this is not a goodbye though

Sep 25, 2021 12:22 PM

May 2021
That was a decent place to end, even though we didn't get to see their performances. All the main characters were given enough time and focus, with today's episode being a Sawa-centered one.

Did not expect this random anime that I started watching on a whim to be this good. Might have to start reading since the chances of a second season are not that high.
Sep 25, 2021 12:32 PM

Jan 2008
While it makes me sad to see Ai cry, Aya crushed her audition. Poor Kaoru but it was nice of her to stand up for Aya. How their classmates could see Aya's audition and still wonder how she got it is beyond me. Sawa lost out because of audience appeal but she shouldn't be discouraged. Her audition was fantastic in it's own right.

Overall, I've really enjoyed this series. While it doesn't seem likely, I'm hoping for a season 2.
Sep 25, 2021 1:25 PM

Dec 2016
Sarasa did a great job as Tybalt, we got to see her version and she was brilliant.

Ai talking about being nervous and then telling Taichi she was really disappointed is not surprising, she wants to be a top star, she really cares which is why she got emotional.

She didn't care about JPX, she joined so she could escape her difficult home life, that's why she never felt anything during that period of her life.

Not surprised that Ayako got Juliet, her performance was outstanding, and that was really good of Kaoru to stand up for her even though she was disappointed about not getting Romeo.

It was good to see Sarasa's hard working paying off and getting the role, only just, she will have a good rivalry with Sawa.

It was good to see a fair bit of Sawa in this episode, she is a good person, she was disappointed but she didn't complain, she only wanted to learn what her weaknesses were and how she could get stronger.

The fangirling part was hilarious, and Sarasa finally got that hand shake.

And that's the end of my new favourite anime.

Sarasa is a wonderful human being, Ai really needed someone like that in her life, Sarasa helped Ai grow and slowly change into a person that was happy and could smile again.

Ai still has flaws, but at least she is on the right path and has good people around her, Sawa, Chiwa, Chiaki, Ayako & Kaoru are all her friends as well.

I do hope we got another season once the manga progresses further into their 2nd year, it's really exciting what they are currently up to.
Sep 25, 2021 1:40 PM
Aug 2021
Masterpiece anime for me.

10/10

Anime of the summer season, contender for anime of 2021 easily.

The characters, the setting, the soundtrack, the progression, just everything about this anime was created with love.
Sep 25, 2021 1:53 PM

Apr 2018
Sorry but Sugimoto's Tyblat play was miles better than Sarase's play, not even miles, light years but light pulses. But whatever, the plot of of the anime chose her.

Not saying that her play was bad but the way they presented it was just horrible. Didn't feel a thing compared to Sugimoto's play.
The flashbacks were adorable tho, kid Sarase never fails to make me smile.

Ayako got the role of Juliet which suprised me but her play was impressive. Sadly, Ai missed her spot as Juliet because it didn't fit the role. And two random girls got chosen for the other roles which is understandable but still gives off a bad feeling.

The 100th Class Photo of the first years; SEASON 2?

I'm glad that I caught up with this, it was an absolute and fantastic ride. The characer development throughout the serie was phenomenal (espically Ai and Sarase ofc), the visuals, artstyle and animation weren't very impressed but it looked great for an anime like this. The amount of different OP/ED's they used was pretty amazing.

Loved all the characters, the plays and the conclusion/ending.

8-8.5/10

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Sep 25, 2021 1:57 PM

Jan 2020
The script of this episode is nothing short of hilarious. I didn't see the fangirl line coming, and that's what I like about this show. I get so engrossed in the drama and these little girls struggles, but the show throws in these comical scenes and I snap out of it. It's very well balanced and makes the watching experience even better.

There's no way we're not getting a second season, and I'm looking forward to it.
samashi20Sep 25, 2021 3:24 PM
I sometimes forget to finish my sentences.
Sep 25, 2021 2:41 PM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Man, this was a nice show! Not quite the finale I'd in mind coming into the episode but it turned out to be pretty good nonetheless.

Andou-sensei's performance honestly didn't feel all that impressive to me xD but the fact that it unsettled the students must've been proof that it certainly was that. Sarasa's flashback and the consequent performance was quite something though, definitely moe ~

Ai-san's angst, now that felt like character development there. She has finally set her mind to something and the frustration as a result of not qualifying was touching. On the other hand, it was great to see Ayako-san step up to the occasion and take the place. Didn't see that coming. Props to Kaoru-san as well for shutting up the background noise.

Quite the focus on Sawa-san in the second half of the episode which was pretty nice. The conversation with the senior class representative and Andou-sensei were particularly interesting. Got to give props to Andou-sensei for staying back in his office until the dark.

It's funny how the first years are literally just a side-on, considering all the buildup from a few episodes back. The group's realisation of that was spot-on, lol.

All in all, this has been a really pleasant treat. At first, I didn't plan to watch the show but there seemed to be some sort of hype around it here so I checked it out and immediately became intrigued. Comedic moments were great, some of the issues explored felt genuine and the characters were given enough time to grow on us. That final shot of the class brought a small smile on my face, ngl.

And the Op! One of my favs from the season. Also, the anime too. Conflicted between an 8 or a 9 here but I think I'll stick with a solid 8/10 for the time being.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Sep 25, 2021 3:09 PM

Feb 2020
i enjoyed this show so so much! the characters, the soundtrack and everything i love

the final episode was alright (not quite what i was expecting) but this series is a 9/10 for me :D
Sep 25, 2021 3:16 PM
Mar 2021
Ai loses just because she is a bit mature than 14 years old Juliet that should be, i see that's why no one other girl cried in audition. Also good for Aya then.

Kaoru doesn't get Romeo, what the hell with her? Is she losing her potential just because she has no rival there? Her background was almost perfect, but her perform never amaze those teachers in the end.

Sugimoto just loses from Sarasa because fangirl's reason. I want to be a fanboy there lol. I prefer that twins as a support role than Juliet actually, but fine if they want still to do that.

This show ends very good, each charracter development there almost perfect, Aya's song is really great, and i want Andou sensei gets a wife soon, he deserves for that lol.

Overall 9/10.
Sep 25, 2021 3:56 PM
Jul 2018
Another anime also came to an end that was good with Romeu's abortions but their teacher is very nice about teaching the 7/10 people.
Sep 25, 2021 4:25 PM

Apr 2015
Solid ending. Pleasantly surprised that this last episode focuses a bit more on Sawa. Not surprised that she didn't get the role but I like how she handled the news. A bit disappointed that it didn't show them on stage but here's hoping that there's going to be a second season. The probability is low though so I'll probably read the manga soon. Anyways, I'm really glad I heard about this show and gave it a shot. It did a great job at exploring each character's backstory, struggles, and motivations. Especially when it only has 13 episodes. Summer 2021 lineup was really mediocre overall but this show really hooked me in and was the one show that made me have something to look forward to every Saturday. Overall 8/10, Kageki Shoujo!! definitely deserves more popularity.

"As promised, all that you seek, all that we desire, is prepared up there. On top of the Tower."
Sep 25, 2021 5:07 PM

Nov 2012
I liked this show I did, but I kind of wanted more from this than what I got in the end. I guess I went into this with slightly misguided expectations, was expecting the show to be more performance/theatrical based like Revue Starlight. It didn't have the same visual flare that series had, still character drama wise it turned out fine I guess.

7/10, look forward to Pine Jam's next anime Do It Yourself which is an original anime from them and the anime they prioritized over this production wise from what I've read.
Sep 25, 2021 5:26 PM

Sep 2020
Good final episode with an unexpected focus on Sawa.
I guess in the original story her rivalry with Sarasa will only continue to ramp up.

If you have missed it, ANN has an interview with the mangaka and the anime director: https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/interview/2021-09-25/kageki-shojo-manga-creator-kumiko-saiki-and-anime-director-kazuhiro-yoneda/.177767
Sep 25, 2021 7:00 PM
Sep 2021
I love all my main seven girls. It's a heartbreaking result of the audition but, it's not the end of their dream to become a top star yet. I hope all of them can compete against each other neck and neck like Sawa and Sarasa in the future!! Can't wait for the second season!
Sep 25, 2021 8:31 PM

May 2017
great show but the last episode suffered a bit due to the hasty conclusion. Sarasa's performance should have been a bit longer considering the buildup.
8-9/10.
Would love to see another season.
Sep 25, 2021 8:48 PM
Nov 2018
Sugimoto felt like the least developed out of the core, so I’m glad she got some focus for the last episode. Overall very satisfying show with really cool characters. The anime ending screams of “buy the manga to see the rest of the story,” which I hope is not the case. Would be great if this got a season 2
Sep 25, 2021 10:14 PM

Dec 2020
YOOOOO AYA GOT THE ROLE!!!! i Loved her audition so im really glad she didnt get pushed over by ai just bc ai's more of the main character, i did like her juliet too tho

and sarasa got tybalt!! to be expected, still rly cool tho. whats EVEN MORE cool was ando sensei's romeo, mans was great i loved how the students just fawned over him

but anyways.. the show ended...... ueeueueuue rly hope it gets a second season since its pretty rare to see these kinds of shows rn, ill definitely be getting back to the manga now╰( ・ ᗜ ・ )➝
Sep 25, 2021 10:58 PM

Mar 2014
I really don't like the "go read manga" ending without any annoucement for season 2 even though I have read the manga. They have to make an OVA at least covering Hijiri senpai's side story if there's no further news for season 2.
Sep 25, 2021 11:52 PM

May 2012
Meh.... I did not like the ending
Sep 26, 2021 1:24 AM

Nov 2012
Great! I loved this show!

Sarasa is my waifu of the season, damn, my oshi.

The only thing I didnt like in this last ep was the overreaction of sensei's Romeo, it was almost as awful as the Shokugeki no Souma reactions.

My Candies:

Sep 26, 2021 1:53 AM
Oct 2019
The story is good but i think the mediorce execution of the studio hindered this anime potential. I might sound like a stupid jerk for this, but if this adaptation was made by KyotoAni,Bones, Madhouse or any top tier studios then the anime would've been a lot better. Still, it's a solid show thanks to it's story
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kageki Shoujo!! Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 4, 2021

43 by Tobimaroo »»
Apr 11, 12:05 AM

Poll: » Kageki Shoujo!! Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 3, 2021

112 by Tobimaroo »»
Apr 10, 1:43 AM

Poll: » Kageki Shoujo!! Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 17, 2021

148 by Tobimaroo »»
Apr 10, 1:41 AM

Poll: » Kageki Shoujo!! Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 21, 2021

90 by Shaka-bun »»
Feb 10, 12:22 AM

Poll: » Kageki Shoujo!! Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 18, 2021

59 by damoInstinct »»
Oct 22, 2023 7:46 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.